Like Chipotle? Want a free t-shirt?

That is a great marketing tactic. They won't even have to pay you to wear the shirt. You could be a traveling billboard.

[quote name='jeffreyjrose']You do know that McDonald's spun Chipotle off into its own company, don't you?

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=cmg

:lol:[/quote] http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=CMG

Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. engages in the development and operation of fast-casual, Mexican food restaurants in the United States. As of October 31, 2006, it operated approximately 530 restaurants. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Denver, Colorado. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. is a subsidiary of McDonald�s Corp.

ooh and Baja Fresh is owned by Wendy's

[quote name='nasum']You do know that McDonalds owns Chipolte no?[/QUOTE]

You realize that everything is owned by some large corporation nowadays. Normally the only way its not if its a local mom and pop shop. And you would be surprised by how many "local" mom and pops shops aren't really local.

[quote name='CitizenB']You realize that everything is owned by some large corporation nowadays. Normally the only way its not if its a local mom and pop shop. And you would be surprised by how many "local" mom and pops shops aren't really local.[/quote]
na most real restaraunts (not fast-food), are small businesses. only the ones you see by highways and malls are corp.

Chipotle is da bomb, yo.

Seriously. There is one like 2 blocks from my apartment. I lived here a year before a friend and I went there. I was like, "How dare you keep this place a secret!" :lol:

[quote name='propeller_head']na most real restaraunts (not fast-food), are small businesses. only the ones you see by highways and malls are corp.[/QUOTE]

This is true but where I live those are few and far between.

I have locally Smalls Pretzel bakery which very few people here in my city even know about, and I think maybe 10 local restaurants. But they're all dine in and fine dining. We have a couple of local pizza joints but there regional.

Everything else is corporate owned. We have what I call corporate alley its a mile long road full of corporate owned restaurants, and stores.

[quote name='CitizenB']This is true but where I live those are few and far between.

I have locally Smalls Pretzel bakery which very few people here in my city even know about, and I think maybe 10 local restaurants. But they're all dine in and fine dining. We have a couple of local pizza joints but there regional.

Everything else is corporate owned. We have what I call corporate alley its a mile long road full of corporate owned restaurants, and stores.[/quote]

makes me relish the joy's of austin... and give a cock-eyed look at houston (home):roll:

[quote name='aniousjoe']makes me relish the joy's of austin... and give a cock-eyed look at houston (home):roll:[/QUOTE]

One day I will move to a city, and it will be mainly local eats. Like NY for example lots of local joints with ethnic food :drool:

I love chipolte. Those burritos and peanut butter and jelly are at least 50% of my diet. By the way i think all fast food is nasty so yea....I got a shirt. They are nice.

[quote name='Stormy151']Chipotle is da bomb, yo.

Seriously. There is one like 2 blocks from my apartment. I lived here a year before a friend and I went there. I was like, "How dare you keep this place a secret!" :lol:[/quote]

An even better kept secret is Moe's Southwest Grill. They give you chips w/ every burrito, more options, better salsa bar.

Plus, they offer grilled tofu in addition to chicken and steak, so for vegans like myself, that's always a plus :D

[quote name='propeller_head']http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=CMG

Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. engages in the development and operation of fast-casual, Mexican food restaurants in the United States. As of October 31, 2006, it operated approximately 530 restaurants. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Denver, Colorado. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. is a subsidiary of McDonald�s Corp.

ooh and Baja Fresh is owned by Wendy's[/quote]

http://today.reuters.com/news/artic...CMG.N&storyID=174079+13-Oct-2006+BW&type=qcna

"With the completion of its tax-free swap of class B common stock in Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc. (NYSE:CMG), for its own common stock, McDonald's Corp. has fully divested its investment in Chipotle."

hmm guess ur right then. yahoo just didnt update the profile. i was sceptical of the quality of their food because i assumed they were supplied through mcdonalds. but by the look of the article the supplies are pretty decent. mcdonalds cattle move maybe 20 feet in their entire lives. not exactly the best conditions to make healthy animals.

fuck man if only they had done this on friday,.... im so gonna go eat there....

so umm is there like anything somewhat healthy on the menu? all i remember was some big ass burrito i ate last time

[quote name='johnnypark']An even better kept secret is Moe's Southwest Grill. They give you chips w/ every burrito, more options, better salsa bar.

Plus, they offer grilled tofu in addition to chicken and steak, so for vegans like myself, that's always a plus :D[/quote]

yup!!! those chips with burritos or quesadillas are damn good too

anniversary-edition.jpg

best sauce in the history of the UNIVERSE
costco sells it sometimes for cheap

or http://www.jelly.com/products/sauce.htm#origrasp

[quote name='propeller_head']hmm guess ur right then. yahoo just didnt update the profile. i was sceptical of the quality of their food because i assumed they were supplied through mcdonalds. but by the look of the article the supplies are pretty decent. mcdonalds cattle move maybe 20 feet in their entire lives. not exactly the best conditions to make healthy animals.[/quote]

Chipotle also has chicken, and tasty tasty carnitas!

[quote name='johnnypark']An even better kept secret is Moe's Southwest Grill. They give you chips w/ every burrito, more options, better salsa bar.

Plus, they offer grilled tofu in addition to chicken and steak, so for vegans like myself, that's always a plus :D[/QUOTE]

I like Moe's quite a bit (tofu as an option FTW!) but their salsa is craptacular. Give me La Salsa's salsa bar any time (unfortunately since I moved from Tucson I have yet to see a La Salsa). And I like Baja Fresh's salsa a little better than Moe's too. I've only been to Chipotle a few times, do they even have a salsa bar? Seemed there was little there that I could eat. Nonetheless, had I read about this in time I would have gone for the shirt ;).

Chipotle owns me. I ate their today too. Since I am a chipotle addict I got several gift cards for xmas and a couple tshirts too. I don't wear them out in public but their food is incredible.

[quote name='propeller_head']na most real restaraunts (not fast-food), are small businesses. only the ones you see by highways and malls are corp.[/QUOTE]

Why are you always the food police? I mean, seriously, every time a thread regarding restaurants pops up, you're crying about MSG, fat content, and hormone-laced farm animals. If you enjoy eating (not to mention paying for) crazy organic health food at every meal, that's fine, but stop preaching to everyone else. And, for what it's worth, I've never heard a single negative comment about Chipotle. It's that good.

Please, can we use the word "chain" or "franchise" or something when talking about major restaurants? Those "real restaurants" that are "small businesses" could very well be corporations themselves. I don't mean to sound hostile or anything, but that entire concept is just misunderstood by way too many people. Corporations are not necessarily the large, evil forces everyone likes to picture.

[quote name='defiance_17']Why are you always the food police? I mean, seriously, every time a thread regarding restaurants pops up, you're crying about MSG, fat content, and hormone-laced farm animals. If you enjoy eating (not to mention paying for) crazy organic health food at every meal, that's fine, but stop preaching to everyone else. And, for what it's worth, I've never heard a single negative comment about Chipotle. It's that good.

Please, can we use the word "chain" or "franchise" or something when talking about major restaurants? Those "real restaurants" that are "small businesses" could very well be corporations themselves. I don't mean to sound hostile or anything, but that entire concept is just misunderstood by way too many people. Corporations are not necessarily the large, evil forces everyone likes to picture.[/quote]
:lol: ive posted in 2 food threads ever. this and the BiggerMac

and caring about what you eat is how you stay healthy. if you want poor health, more power to you. im just speakin my mind, sorry thats so hard for you to deal w/.

and when i was talkin about neighborhood restaraunts i was referring to the owner operated small business type. you dont need to incorporate when youve got maybe 2 restaraunts max and own them outright. at the very most they'd be LLCs if you wanna get technical. but that's all besides the point.

[quote name='ImmortalfWd']QFT, La Salsa has an excellent salsa bar.[/QUOTE]

I see you are in Tucson. I still get back there 1 or 2 times a year. I make sure to make a La Salsa run at least twice when I'm there. I think they are in the Phoenix and LA areas too, but I never go to those types of places ;).

My preference is Baja Fresh>Chipotle, and all this talk about La Salsa means I'll be trying it out next time I'm near one.

Only problem with Chipotle is half of my burrito is rice, I still eat it up cause it's tasty but I wish I had more cow in there.

There isn't a chopotle near me, I've been to one in a mall about 45 min from my house, but I've been to the qdoba here at school a couple of times (also 45 min from my house, but hell, I have to be here). Basically the same thing and also tasty as hell. I dunno what huge company owns them.

I thought they were actually owned by the same company as chipotle (or a subsidiary of chipotle), but I haven't found that info yet.

EDIT: Ah yes, I think I actually knew and forgot, it's owned by jack in the box (oddly enough I've never actually seen a jack in the box).

I like Rubios a lot too. Their Chicken Especial burrito is awesome, and the fish burritos are good.

I weighed a burrito from Chipotle once, it was like 4 pounds!

[quote name='Bloodbooger']My preference is Baja Fresh>Chipotle, and all this talk about La Salsa means I'll be trying it out next time I'm near one.

Only problem with Chipotle is half of my burrito is rice, I still eat it up cause it's tasty but I wish I had more cow in there.[/quote]

When they're making your burrito right in front of you next time, just ask them to go light on the rice....works like a charm. ;)

Rubios and Chipotle pwn me, wish I would have seen this the other day, I would have gone and snagged a shirt.

I haven't even heard of any of the restaurants mentioned in this thread(other than McDonalds and Jack in the Box... though I'm not sure I've ever seen a JitB).

I weep for you Chipotle people who have never tried a Freebirds. Freebirds owns the absolute shit out of Chipotle, like the little bitch it is.

[quote name='Strell']I weep for you Chipotle people who have never tried a Freebirds. Freebirds owns the absolute shit out of Chipotle, like the little bitch it is.[/QUOTE]

Now you're just makin' shit up.

But if you want to know the true pinnacle of burrito craftmanship, you need to go to Cactus Taqueria. If you don't know what I'm talking about you haven't lived life properly yet. I just wish there was one within 1000 miles of me right now :cry:.

I went to a Taco Del Mar tonight because my 4 year-old was throwing a low blood sugar fit at the nearby Target. It wasn't that great, but it was edible. What sucks about Del Mar is that they keep the salsa behind the counter and you have to ask them repeatedly for single little cups of salsa. There's 5 of us, and they hand me one little tiny cup - I use like 10 myself when I'm at places like La Salsa. Fast Mexican food places should ALWAYS have an open salsa bar. It ought to be a law or something.

I'd tell you to come down here and try them out, grandpa, but I hear things like cars ("automobiles") and planes ("flying metal birds") frighten you.

:)

[quote name='Strell']I'd tell you to come down here and try them out, grandpa, but I hear things like cars ("automobiles") and planes ("flying metal birds") frighten you.

:)[/QUOTE]

Hey, I'll wind up my motorcar ANY time and take you up on that!

[quote name='io']Hey, I'll wind up my motorcar ANY time and take you up on that![/QUOTE]

Be sure to stop at the drugstore and ask the clerk for petroleum distillate, posthaste!

Chipotle is alright, but everybody knows that Freebirds is the king of kickass burritos. I just ate there today for lunch, and I usually eat there at least once a week. My friend actually ordered the Super Monster... and finished every bite in one sitting.

Needless to say, he was unable to wear his seatbelt on the ride home.

[quote name='Sk8erlink7']Chipotle is alright, but everybody knows that Freebirds is the king of kickass burritos. I just ate there today for lunch, and I usually eat there at least once a week. My friend actually ordered the Super Monster... and finished every bite in one sitting.

Needless to say, he was unable to wear his seatbelt on the ride home.[/QUOTE]

My first retail job was at a Target that was next door to a Freebirds, which worked out well initially whenever I did short closing shifts. I'd head there after work and pick one up.

Then they stuck me on weekend all day shifts. I went there for my lunch break, and by the time I got back to the break room to eat, I had 5 minutes. Wolfed the whole thing down in about 3 and got back on my lane.

I was sick for two days straight.

That alone kept me off Freebirds for about....7 years. Only just started eating there again.

Chipotle doesn't even compare.

speaking of burritos, anyone ever eat those 2/99cent burritos they serve at gas stations?(valero,exxon, stripes, etc.) I sat next to my friend eating 6 of them.. made ME sick looking at him eat 'em.

bread's done
Back