lil' jon and the stanley cup

too bad i don't have photoshop. the cup needs some jewels and shit to be made into the world's biggest pimp chalice.

The pick of him holding the Cup over his shoulder reminds me when I actually got to pick up the Stanley Cup when they had it at my high school after the Red Wings won the Cup in 1997-1998 season. Mike Illitch is an almuni of my high school so he brought the Cup there that year.

the cup was in atlanta last may (or maybe april or june, but the details are irrelevant.) i got to see it in person and it was a great experience. i followed hockey superstition and didn't touch it out of respect for those that have played hard to win it or those who have not, despite the fact that i'll never play in the nhl and therefore will never get to touch it.

it's hard to comprehend that that's essentially the same trophy that has been awarded to the best player and teams in hockey for over 100 years.

[quote name='darkmere']it's hard to comprehend that that's essentially the same trophy that has been awarded to the best player and teams in hockey for over 100 years.[/quote]

That silver polish can do wonders! Some of the stories about the cup from over the years are pretty funny. If I remember correctly, one of the Devils' players had his family over for dinner and served jello out of the Cup.

there's a great book out there that i had to buy just for the title. i believe it's called 'why is the stanley cup still in mario lemieux's pool?' funny stories like the cup ending up in a ford dealer repair shop to get fixed during the heyday of edmonton to touching stories about guys who shared it with family just before their father passed away. it's been a couple of years since i read it, so my memory is a bit fuzzy, but i remember the feeling i got after reading the history of the cup. that's why i have such respect for it.

[quote name='Graystone']Why is he in bed with it?[/QUOTE]
if you read the article and captions it mentions they were at b.e.d atlanta restaurant. i'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it's one of those expensive lounge lay in bed while we serve you stuff places. that and it makes him look like more of a pimp.

[quote name='darkmere']if you read the article and captions it mentions they were at b.e.d atlanta restaurant. i'm gonna go out on a limb and assume it's one of those expensive lounge lay in bed while we serve you stuff places. that and it makes him look like more of a pimp.[/quote]

I think that b.e.d. restaurant (New York) was featured in an episode of "Sex and the City", too. Don't ask me how I know that...

[quote name='darkmere']umm...how do you know that?[/quote]

I told you not to ask!!! It's probably my wife's 4th favorite show, after Gilmour Girls, 7th Heaven and Felicity. I was probably surfing Break.com when she was watching that episode...

i think wives and girlfriends are like get out of jail free passes when it comes to those shows. i could make fun of you, but then you could be like 'yeah, but i got laid after i sat through all those shows.'

bread's done
Back