Limit on Live Subscription time? [Use The General 360 Sticky above]

Status
Not open for further replies.

playing mantis

CAGiversary!
Feedback
32 (100%)
Is there a limit to how far out you can have your Live account prepaid with the 12 month cards? Or can you just keep adding codes and be prepaid for years to come?

Thanks

Total max time for LIVE allowed for your account is 3 years. Once one of those years is gone you can add another one year pre-paid to it.

Not sure why it's 3 years specifically, but I'm sure they have a limit in case they change prices in the future (be it charge more, make it free etc).

If they charge more, they don't want people paid to far ahead as that's lost revenue they could have gotten on the person paying the higher fee on those additional years. If they make it free, they'll have to reimburse people for outstanding years paid (give them MS points most likely) and by having a limit they limit the amount of years they'd owe people if they go to a free service.

I'm going to guess it's 3 years because of possible inflation. But then you're dealing with hardcore economics.

Well considering that a little while ago a 12 month membership was $50 across the board and now you can find it for $35 basically everywhere, it might be better to hold off and do no more than 3 years at a time.

Yep, I always do one at a time. Better to wait for deals, and not get stuck just getting MS points or free XBLA games etc. if they make the service free and you have a few years paid off.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yep, I always do one at a time. Better to wait for deals, and not get stuck just getting MS points or free XBLA games etc. if they make the service free and you have a few years paid off.[/quote]

I have an original 12 month live kit I got for $10, and another that I got for $11.

I'm gonna get me one more, then load my 3 year limit. I don't have live yet (or a 360 for that matter). Just makin moves right now

For that kind of deal (both those years for that much) I would say it's worth loading up the three years total.....

Now I just need to find LIVE being sold for that cheap myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back