Limited Edition Japanese Xbox Controllers at Best Buy YMMV

MasterLin1

CAGiversary!
I don't know if this is a deal or not. I was at my Best Buy awhile ago, and I saw a couple racks full of these controllers. The only thing that makes them special is that they have a green center plate thingy instead of black and a green cord as opposed to a black cord. But the potential deal is that they're only $24.99 compared to regular price of $29.99. So with a GGC they're only $19.99. YMMV I'm guessing tho.

Also I preordered my second copy of Halo 2 :) Worked out pretty nice with the trade in 5 for Halo 2 deal. Regularly the games woulda got me like $14 trade-in credit, but this time around $50 :). They also gave me a couple of Halo 2 ballons, the little holographic card for preordering, and the Halo 2 lanyard they only give employees. Hurray.

if anyone else has these at their BB I highly recommend them. It was the only controller I would use for the Xbox after I got mine, and even though I do not have an Xbox right now, I still will not get rid of it

I used to have one of these, the only real difference is the feel of the buttons (they feel better). Still, if you want another Controller S, I would recomend one of these.

So there is a difference between these and the regular controller S other than the packaging and the different center plate? (I saw these at my BB, too.)

[quote name='rawisjericho']Could someone post a pic of one of these please?[/quote]

if I remember, I will throw some batteries in my camera and take a pic

[quote name='pimp_daddy_smurf']you remind me too much of help1[/quote]

You say that like its a bad thing... :wink:

I have a Grey S (JPN)
and a Black S (JPN)

The JPN cont has textured buttons, the letters are engraved on the buttons.

The US cont has rounded smooth buttons with the letters embedded.

I like my JPN conts better, but that's just me!!

[quote name='help1'][quote name='MasterLin1'][quote name='rawisjericho']Could someone post a pic of one of these please?[/quote]

Here's just a glance at them, not necessarily a good pic.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/2712/Controller-s-Shots

Also, should I change my avatar or something?[/quote]

it looks more blueish than black... and I don't see why, you like halo 2 correct? why change it?[/quote]

The controllers I saw at BB were black. Oh, IDK if I should associate myself with you in anyway? :p

I'm only kidding. And yes I like Halo

[quote name='Santurio']I have a Grey S (JPN)
and a Black S (JPN)

The JPN cont has textured buttons, the letters are engraved on the buttons.

The US cont has rounded smooth buttons with the letters embedded.

I like my JPN conts better, but that's just me!![/quote]

got a pic of your grey s? and where did you get it from?

nm, found one. looks badass.

2409.jpg

I picked up two of these in Akihabra about 5 months ago for 1200 yen a piece. Wish I bought one more, but I didn't have room in my suitcase for all the goodies. Xbox is a red headed step child in Japan though (no wonder they were on sale...)

crap...they dont have these at my BB. i would have bought at LEAST one for myself. i'm gonna check again, but if they dont have it can someone hook me up? PM if you can.

I prefer my Japanese S to the American S. The buttons have a better feel to them, even the white and black ones seem to work better in Tiger Woods. The springs on the triggers seem to be a little weaker, which is nice for Burnout 3 and other racing games.

The Japanese S controller is better in every way, except for the triggers. Theres no give to them. But its the only controller I'll use.

yeah, I imported one of these before MS announced they were releasing the Controller S in America. Paid $49 for it way back when.

you mean the letters on the buttons are like engraved ? I have a controller like that and it huts my thumb after playing too long.

The cord is that semi transparent black/dark green one on the standard Xbox controller.

The buttons have the letters indented, they don't stick up, they go down. It actually feels pretty good on your fingers. The Dreamcast buttons are also indented but their letters are thinner.

[quote name='dafoomie']Only slightly shorter, not signifigantly. Its because they measured in meters and rounded down.[/quote]

Yeah, but unforturnately, they are just slightly too short to make playing on the couch comfortable. I had to go buy extension cords for them just to be able to sit on the couch and play.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']So there's no regional lockout on accessories for the Xbox?[/quote]

Nope. Not on controllers anyways. I guess the DVD kit might be a different story.

Wow. A lot of questions have gone unanswered in here. Unfortunately, I don't have answers. I need another controller S, so I will see if my BB has any of these.

They're at my store, I saw them when I went htere today...Henrietta NY...

I might go buy them; an extra controller never hurt

[quote name='swetooth9']which 5 games did you trade in for the free halo 2?[/quote]

PS2 Tiger Woods 2004 -$4 up to $10
PS2 LOTR:ROTK -$3 up to $10
PS2 LOTR:TT -$2 up to $10
PS2 THUG -$4 up to $10
PS2 Timesplitters 2 -$3 up to $10

$16 normally (ignore my math in the OP, I was guessing cause I wouldn't remember) but $50 worth of trade in with this promotion. :)

For people who are wondering, Halo brings in $15, and Champions of Norrath brings in like $7 trade-in at EB.

[quote name='swetooth9']Ooohh...i thought you bought them somewhere just to trade them in...but you did it the normal way[/quote]

I would've had I known any places that sold games for under $10 and weren't on EB's ENORMOUS exclusion list.

[quote name='dracula']what colors do they have? i am looking for green but all they have is gray and black?[/quote]
See the picture on the first page or this thread. Basically it's the same colors as the American S, with the exception of the green jewel.

[quote name='MrBlonde9993']Is is true that on the japanese s controller the trigger springs are looser than the american version?[/quote]
That's been my experience, but I've only played with mine, so it might vary from controller to controller.

Is is true that on the japanese s controller the trigger springs are looser than the american version?
Yes, its really the only drawback, the triggers dont have much give to them.

what colors do they have? i am looking for green but all they have is gray and black?
It only comes in one color.

So there's no regional lockout on accessories for the Xbox?
No, not at all. You can use a foreign dvd kit, however, you'll only be able to play dvd's from there, and it has to be before any other dvd kit is plugged in. There is a way to reset it so you can use a kit from whichever region you want though.

Yeah, but unforturnately, they are just slightly too short to make playing on the couch comfortable. I had to go buy extension cords for them just to be able to sit on the couch and play.
I play on my 20" monitor. Shorter the better for me, less tangles.

I just got a new controlller for my xbox, because of halo 2, and i saw the japanese controller there and there were tons...guess people in my area don't like the controller...I got myself a microsoft green one:) and the cord is like 9 feet for the green one and 8.5 for japanese so not much of a difference

bread's done
Back