Limited release Fire Emblem for Switch

EvilChamp

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (67%)
So, Nintendo is doing it again. This will only sell for a while and then no more. It is the Fire Emblem 30th Anniversary Edition. Currently only Gamestop has it, but other retailers may get it, too. Once stock is out it is out for good. Doesn't look like they made a lot of these compared to Mario.

The games are digital only, but this box includes codes for them. From website:

This includes a replica NESTM Game Pak art piece, a replica game box with a localized version of the original Famicom instruction manual, protective sleeve and world map, a Mini Nintendo Power retro collectible, hardbound 222 page Legacy of Archanea deluxe art book, and game download code.

I wasn't able to snag one. Please post here if you manage to find someone selling it.
https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/switch/games/products/fire-emblem-30th-anniversary-edition/11111007.html?utm_source=rakutenls&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_content=Nintendo+Everything&utm_campaign=10&utm_kxconfid=tebx5rmj3&cid=afl_10000087&affID=77777&sourceID=qd9XcyEa3J0-KgblvzXVFmGIea8StHp8Ww

3c98200a7705f6ab4b2f28813e3cf5c7-full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping they have a few extras at Best Buy. If not, I'm hoping that the rest of you are able to track down a copy.
They might have a few extras hopefully. It went back up for Pre-order on Best Buy last night around 11:50PM Pacific. Wasn't posted anywhere that I saw. I just happened to refresh the page and the pre-order button was available. Got it to my cart for shipping but as I was checking out it went to store pick up, then find in store (nothing within 250 miles) and then after 5 minutes of trying to force it to ship again it just removed from my cart saying it was sold out. Sigh.... I was lazy with Gamestop regarding an in-store pre-order and now it's hard to catch on restocks. Do the product pages on Target, Amazon or Walmart even exist anymore? I couldn't find them. Will try on launch day I suppose. Good luck.

Heads up for those that pre-ordered from Gamestop - seems like at least the stores I called don't have any in-stock at the moment or in transit, so they may have been oversold and won't be available at "launch"  :oldman:

Heads up for those that pre-ordered from Gamestop - seems like at least the stores I called don't have any in-stock at the moment or in transit, so they may have been oversold and won't be available at "launch" :oldman:
Good thing I also pre ordered at Best Buy and hey it looks like it came in today! And Gamestop's shipping in general is amazing, looking at shipping status for allot of their orders and either they're there in your home the day after you ordered or you got to wait an additional two weeks. I Like to imagine FedEx delivery men are trying to get those deliveries from them, but instead a bunch of their employees are paid to fight them off for some reason as well.

or you could have gotten the digital copy during the black friday sales on nintendo.com for $5 someting 

the extras looked sweet but not for the extra money, and besides that I am trying to have most of the games on my switch be digital on a memory card for convenience 

When do gamestop stores usually call about pre-orders? I don't think I've ever pre-ordered in store at a GS before, so idk what the process is supposed to be. I was told I'd get a call the night before when it was placed at the store.

Are any retailers expected to carry this in store (Walmart,Target, Best Buy)?  None of the Targets near me are showing any stock.  DPCI: 207-30-0333

How likely do you guys think it is to go up online at either midnight EST or PST?

Amazon (excluding the canadian version) hasn't had it yet is my understanding so I'm optimistic.

My order at GameStop called me and let me know there is a delay and they’ll call me when they get it in.
I got a similar call- they're getting "some" tomorrow but not sure they'll get them to fulfill all pre-orders and therefore, said people should not come in until the pre-ordered copy is confirmed.

Looks like I’m gonna have to just order the $6 version like some dickhead.

Does anyone know what the DLC pack for $9 is? I have only played the da version.

Wow, guess I got lucky then.  I think Amazon still has to put theirs up sometime today but that may be it unless Nintendo restocks.

Score - store pickup is still available in my area (though it's now down to only 4 locations in a 250 mile radius).

Ugh... with my GS preorder in debate, I would love to get this somewhere else. I am hoping this is more like the Game and Watch SMB and ends up being relatively easy to find later. 

Ugh... with my GS preorder in debate, I would love to get this somewhere else. I am hoping this is more like the Game and Watch SMB and ends up being relatively easy to find later.
It's Fire Emblem, so I wouldn't hold my breath. Nintendo is notoriously stingy when it comes to 'limited' Fire Emblem releases - when something is gone, it's usually gone for good.

So, I just ordered it from Best Buy with pickup at my store next week.  Maybe it'll be cancelled, but hopefully I just got a copy. 

Somehow I just got a BB order in. I clicked on the link when it showed unavailable and suddenly store pick up at mine was a option.

I got my order in a few minutes past midnight at Best Buy and now it's all sold out in my area. Just checked again and now they're back to ordering

Got a local pick up at Best Buy. Still available. That may be the best route. Don’t wait !
Right now, BestBuy is YMMV for store pickup. I just checked my region and only one store is even eligible for pickup, and even then, it's for December 12 (which means they are OOS and would have to ship it between stores). Since BestBuy uses store inventory to fulfill online orders, I fully expect BestBuy to be completely sold out within a short while.

For what it's worth, the fact that Amazon, Gamestop, and Target are not currently showing availability, I expect this to be fairly hard to come by.

Totally just impulse bought this as a gift for my husband, since he loves Fire Emblem. I still had that "use Chase Freedom rewards points, get $10 off" promo on Amazon, so it was only $40. Hope it doesn't arrive crushed!

Just got one on Amazon let’s gooooooo

Wish I could’ve snagged one on Best Buy since I still have GCU though

Edit: well I checked Best Buy again and somehow I was able to get one for a local pickup on the 12th. Don’t wanna cancel my Amazon order just in case but also don’t want 2 copies lol

Awesome, got one from Walmart this morning for Jan 2 and one from Amazon just now.  Question becomes do I cancel the walmart order or keep it so i can sell it at cost (plus shipping) to help someone out if they can't get one...

Awesome, got one from Walmart this morning for Jan 2 and one from Amazon just now. Question becomes do I cancel the walmart order or keep it so i can sell it at cost (plus shipping) to help someone out if they can't get one...
Amazon will most likely ship in bubble mailer so if receiving a undented box is important, you need to consider that before canceling anything.

bread's done
Back