Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Are resellers living in mansions? Where exactly are they holding all this inventory they're constantly buying? With all the inventory purchased that they hold onto do the resellers have access to the phantom zone and just store everything there?
Probably just run of the mill douchebags that do what all douchebags do:

Park your car outside exposed to the elements just so everybody can see it and envy you (esp if its a 328 or C300 or something, because you MUST be baller), and use your 2+ car garage as storage!

Last edited by a moderator:
As of this post

Nova-111 ps4 w/ soundtrack - 8 left

Nova-111 vita w/ soundtrack - 6 left

Nova-111 vita - 140 left

Nova-111 ps4 - 174 left

Is there some sort of tracked history for how long it took for a games to sell out? I'd love to see a run down of the fast/slowest sellouts. 

Is there some sort of tracked history for how long it took for a games to sell out? I'd love to see a run down of the fast/slowest sellouts.
With that janky system in use at LRG, I doubt any numbers would be accurate(at least past numbers). Now with the system having stopped that and no longer holds orders, you may be able to get some accurate data, but that just started recently.

I personally wish they kept the old process, as I never looked at the the inventory numbers either way, and when it's complete chaos, I never understood why that mattered anyway, but that just my thoughts on the subject.

Are resellers living in mansions? Where exactly are they holding all this inventory they're constantly buying? With all the inventory purchased that they hold onto do the resellers have access to the phantom zone and just store everything there?
That's the worst part, I believe it's all people that make a decent income and don't need the extra cash flow to begin with.

That's the worst part, I believe it's all people that make a decent income and don't need the extra cash flow to begin with.
I dunno. People with decent income wouldn't waste their time camping in line for 8 hours to flip something on turdbay for $40 ($5/hr).

I always imagine it being lower income low skill people who aren't very good at math who get dollar signs in their eyes when they think they can get $40 profit for "free" and can sit around camping with nothing to lose and no real career to deal with.

Extra cash flow is nice at any income. But there are less douchebag ways of going about it than scalping and flipping limited edition things at launch. Go do a timing belt or clutch for someone in 8 hours for a quick $400 while saving them $1k. Take a weekend contract to set up some Cisco gear and walk away with $100+ hr. Etc. Get skills and be useful. Everybody wins. Easy money. And you don't have to be a douche.

Flipping a NES classic you waited in line all night for? What a joke.

I dunno. People with decent income wouldn't waste their time camping in line for 8 hours to flip something on turdbay for $40 ($5/hr).

I always imagine it being lower income low skill people who aren't very good at math who get dollar signs in their eyes when they think they can get $40 profit for "free" and can sit around camping with nothing to lose and no real career to deal with.

Extra cash flow is nice at any income. But there are less douchebag ways of going about it than scalping and flipping limited edition things at launch. Go do a timing belt or clutch for someone in 8 hours for a quick $400 while saving them $1k. Take a weekend contract to set up some Cisco gear and walk away with $100+ hr. Etc. Get skills and be useful. Everybody wins. Easy money. And you don't have to be a douche.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. BUT, to each his own... I guess, Lol.

I have no idea. Im friends with the manager at a local gs. There is this guy who comes in the store regularly. He has two kids and his wife makes $90,000+ a year. He has no job whatsoever. He brags about how he spends her money. Then everyday for the last two weeks he has lined up at the nintendo store at 4am and picked up multiple nes classics. Then he just takes pictures on instagram and videos and refuses to sell them. He hasnt sold a single one purposely but woke up every morning to get there at 4am to buy them.The manager gets annoyed because he calls the store every morning asking him for nes classics. Meanwhile he is hoarding them. I ve noticed variations of this type of person have been the new age line waiter. But anyway back to LRG.

I have no idea. Im friends with the manager at a local gs. There is this guy who comes in the store regularly. He has two kids and his wife makes $90,000+ a year. He has no job whatsoever. He brags about how he spends her money. Then everyday for the last two weeks he has lined up at the nintendo store at 4am and picked up multiple nes classics. Then he just takes pictures on instagram and videos and refuses to sell them. He hasnt sold a single one purposely but woke up every morning to get there at 4am to buy them.The manager gets annoyed because he calls the store every morning asking him for nes classics. Meanwhile he is hoarding them. I ve noticed variations of this type of person have been the new age line waiter. But anyway back to LRG.
That's nice that she's letting him build a fort from the classics because it'll likely be what he lives in if she ever decides to divorce him.

i doubt someone would pay $400 cash for a street side clutch or timing belt change with no guarantee, maybe they'd give you $100 bucks. it also shouldn't take 8 hours to do unless it's a special case.

I haven't paid a penny for my collection in over two years, because I can flip games. I am not naive enough to try and flip my LRG collection, when the ROI is still so relatively low. As for the people who do try for a quick buck (or five)...just leave them alone. They are now many people's only chance at Darius Burst or Cursed Castilla.

To sell stockpiled NCAA Basketball 10 games in late February when you can buy them at Pawn America year round for $5 is a fun hobby that can literally pay for over a thousand game collection in 2 1/2 years when done intelligently. Save it dude. The insults are unwarranted and off topic.

I haven't paid a penny for my collection in over two years, because I can flip games. I am not naive enough to try and flip my LRG collection, when the ROI is still so relatively low. As for the people who do try for a quick buck (or five)...just leave them alone. They are now many people's only chance at Darius Burst or Cursed Castilla.

To sell stockpiled NCAA Basketball 10 games in late February when you can buy them at Pawn America year round for $5 is a fun hobby that can literally pay for over a thousand game collection in 2 1/2 years when done intelligently. Save it dude. The insults are unwarranted and off topic.
It's a lost cause. I saw the red light when he went on his millennial rant and his pro trump tirade in a video game forum.

i doubt someone would pay $400 cash for a street side clutch or timing belt change with no guarantee, maybe they'd give you $100 bucks. it also shouldn't take 8 hours to do unless it's a special case.
In a driveway on your back without a lift using two jacks etc I'm just being realistic/worst case.

there is no way they go to nintendo store everyday for the NES classic. they check your ID and put it in their system.

It's a lost cause. I saw the red light when he went on his millennial rant and his pro trump tirade in a video game forum.
"Pro Trump" hardly. Shows your binary close minded view. I'm pro owning "stuff" and not using government to take or ban "stuff."

Who's bringing in politics in a video game forum right now? You just did.

Re before: I'd only objectively pointed out a well proven statistic that youth are usually more liberal and get more conservative over time once they've experienced the real world and earn belongings for themselves.

This explains how younger people are less concerned with property rights and thus more open to embracing digital, but they want physical and recognize the lack of consumer rights and private property issues with digital only media when they get older.

Perfectly relevant point in a video game forum where digital vs physical is often discussed. Just some special blossoms got offended and got snarky and went and made it political.

Glad it all got removed. Let's not let it spill over here and start again.

"Pro Trump" hardly. Shows your binary close minded view. I'm pro owning "stuff" and not using government to take or ban "stuff."

Who's bringing in politics in a video game forum right now? You just did.

Re before: I'd only objectively pointed out a well proven statistic that youth are usually more liberal and get more conservative over time once they've experienced the real world and earn belongings for themselves.

This explains how younger people are less concerned with property rights and thus more open to embracing digital, but they want physical and recognize the lack of consumer rights and private property issues with digital only media when they get older.

Perfectly relevant point in a video game forum where digital vs physical is often discussed. Just some special blossoms got offended and got snarky and went and made it political.

Glad it all got removed. Let's not let it spill over here and start again.
God shut up.

Would you check the instagram post and go on a tirade about that? It completely negates what you were saying earlier about the type of people who wait at 4am.
The guy who hoards them and doesn't sell them just to rub it in to people who didn't get one?

We've talked about people who get a thrill out of having something someone else can't have and how people only want things when they are rare. People who don't want reprints of things not because they stand to lose monetary value but because they lose bragging rights. The human desire for exclusivity.

Everybody wants that 1 of 1 thing they everybody else wants, to put on the shelf in their YouTube and Instagram posts.

And that's a single dude vs 100s who line up for these things to flip.

We've talked about people who get a thrill out of having something someone else can't have and how people only want things when they are rare. People who don't want reprints of things not because they stand to lose monetary value but because they lose bragging rights. The human desire for exclusivity.

That's a single dude vs 100s who line up for these things to flip.
You have gone on endless tirades, but this guy doesn't encourage or motivate you to go on another one? This guy drives me nuts. He wakes up at 3:00 am for the last two weeks just to hoard NES classics. The only reason he stopped was because Friday was the last day the Nintendo Store was selling NES Classics.

You have gone on endless tirades, but this guy doesn't encourage or motivate you to go on another one? This guy drives me nuts. He wakes up at 3:00 am for the last two weeks just to hoard NES classics. The only reason he stopped was because Friday was the last day the Nintendo Store was selling NES Classics.
What's to say about an obvious douchebag? He's apparently admitted to doing it just to piss people off.

What's to say about an obvious douchebag? He's apparently admitted to doing it just to piss people off.
This type of douchebag hasn't fit into any other type of douchebag you've discussed yet. I've given you a lot to work with. Please break it down. I'm sure, at some point in the future a mod will sweep it all away or then after the digression back to LRG.

This type of douchebag hasn't fit into any other type of douchebag you've discussed yet. I've given you a lot to work with. Please break it down. I'm sure, at some point in the future a mod will sweep it all away or then after the digression back to LRG.
At this point you're not helping to "let it go".

Wow, Nova 111 still around? Looks like we have our next One Way Heroics.
Its good it hasnt sold out. It gives others time. LRGs original intention is that it takes a few days to sell out. It just happens to sell out in a day. When it hasnt sold out in a week or so, thats when they should be worried.

LRG Games are about making money not for the joy of OPENING N PLAYING THEM.

Someone whould make a vide on how "Hidden Gems" video with games like Gran Turismo, Tetris, God of War, Thunderstrike so those can rise in value and make people $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

It'll probably happen in June or July. Chances look good for it. There likely won't be an LE foe it.
That's all good, I would prefer a vanilla version anyways. Unless a CE comes with an art book, or a really cool statue, they normally don't interest me. I'm just happy to get an official US released version of the game, so I don't have to import.

Why are people quoting a song from Frozen?
maxresdefault.jpg

I wasnt saying shit until you bought it back. Let it go man.
You forget that religion is intimately tied to the right. People don't typically grow into it- this is the reason conservatism is doomed. Look what it's done to the world. I hate that "leftist" want to take away your stuff.

Looks like LRG craze is dying down.
Why would you say that? Despite being the most expensive thing we've ever sold, DARIUSBURST was gone in minutes. Nova-111 stayed in stock a while because most opted for DARIUSBURST over it - and, honestly, because not many people know what it is. It's a solid game and a lot of fun - it's just very, very, obscure.

People have been waiting on Darius for months. Of course it sold fast. Maybe I'm wrong but from my perspective the thrill is gone.

Why would you say that? Despite being the most expensive thing we've ever sold, DARIUSBURST was gone in minutes. Nova-111 stayed in stock a while because most opted for DARIUSBURST over it - and, honestly, because not many people know what it is. It's a solid game and a lot of fun - it's just very, very, obscure.
bradbo

I just buy what I want from LRG and I don't worry about the rest. Why do any of you even care how fast anything sells? If you want it buy it, if not then don't. Seems remarkably straightforward.

If they printed 30k copies of Rogue Legacy, I'd still buy it. Just like I bought Shovel Knight. Support the games, first and foremost.
This is definitely how I feel. Instead it seems like printing 4000 copies of 30k games is the plan. I'd like to see less releases with more quality. I realize my preferences aren't everyone else's but can we not agree that demand for the releases seems to be waning?

bread's done
Back