Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Check Out Nintendo Force Magazine
Are you a Switch fan? Do you miss Nintendo Power?
Precursor, in case you missed it: we're a licensed publisher of physical products on the Nintendo Switch. We'll even have our first release up for preorder this month! Now onto the real point of this email...

Thank you for this just subscribed. I used to enjoy Nintendo Power back in the days.
I'm confused by this. I've never used Patreon. So your paying 4.99 a month, and they ship the magazine bi-montly..... so your paying 10 dollars a issue? seems like when you sign up for Patreon, they charge you monthly, regardless if a issue ships that month, and since they ship a magazine every other month, that's 10 dollars to be on their list.

I'm confused by this. I've never used Patreon. So your paying 4.99 a month, and they ship the magazine bi-montly..... so your paying 10 dollars a issue? seems like when you sign up for Patreon, they charge you monthly, regardless if a issue ships that month, and since they ship a magazine every other month, that's 10 dollars to be on their list.
All Patreon's are charged at the same time each month(the 1st, at least for me). I have several magazines, and some are once a month, or every two to three. So the monthly charges are done on the first, so long as that issue is shipping that month, they charge. So this month I got 3 charges, but next month it will only be one, as the other issues I back, or every two/three months.

If for some reason the issues doesn't make a month, you aren't charged. Once they produce the issue, then you are charged and only then. So if NF goes belly up next month, you won't be charged. So to be clear, my NF is only charged on the 1st of the month, every other month. Now if at some point they start doing it monthly, you would be charged every month then, but as of now, it's every other month.

To corroborate with Chris, Patreon will charge you when the Patreon holder issues their "product", whether it be mothly, bi-monthly, etc.

I enrolled a while ago, and I only got charged the 4.99 when it shipped out. Patreon did a pending "hold" charge for 0.00 on my card when I enrolled, but it went away after a few days.

All Patreon's are charged at the same time each month(the 1st, at least for me). I have several magazines, and some are once a month, or every two to three. So the monthly charges are done on the first, so long as that issue is shipping that month, they charge. So this month I got 3 charges, but next month it will only be one, as the other issues I back, or every two/three months.

If for some reason the issues doesn't make a month, you aren't charged. Once they produce the issue, then you are charged and only then. So if NF goes belly up next month, you won't be charged. So to be clear, my NF is only charged on the 1st of the month, every other month. Now if at some point they start doing it monthly, you would be charged every month then, but as of now, it's every other month.
ah okay, thank you for explaining this :) I subscribed.... feels good to support these guys :)

I got my copy of Screencheat today! It also came with a gold card, which is a first for me. :D

I’m definitely looking forward to playing this later and opening up a massive can of whoop ass on my friends. They give me so much crap for my physical game collecting and for not buying Screencheat digitally.

I remember when Organ Trail was given away by Amazon for Android as their Free App of the Day. I was so excited to see the original Oregon Trail that I completely misread the title, installed the game and was immediately disappointed that it wasn't the original Oregon Trail.

Either way, more money saving for me this week.

I have, which is why I said it. Some are more difficult than others, but it's still at most spending 2-5 minutes on it to get it to line up.
i kept trying and trying. i gave up. i messed up the sleeve art. ive also received some LRG games that has been pressed in. i know they pop the disc back in before they ship them. it was deep.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to play Organ Trail. I love Oregon Trail and the zombie survival theme fits immaculately into the game style. Perfect concept for a game with a perfect title.

So, there's 3 titles releasing this Friday, with 4 different offerings, and it's Tuesday and we have no pricing, qty or SE contents correct? Ah, don't worry about it LRG, we'll all just fly blind Friday morning, no rush, just take your time. LOL

Seriously, I'm not one of those guys looking for weeks and months of advance info on releases, but 3 days before with no info, now that's just ridiculous.

EDIT: You guys might want to at least update the website, as many visiting at this point might not even think you have releases this week. As normally things are shown by now, with pricing, limits, cost, etc.

Yeah, they keep talking about announcing the releases around the first of the month, but are still working on announcements and webpages the week of the sale. This is an area they could definitely improve.

So, there's 3 titles releasing this Friday, with 4 different offerings, and it's Tuesday and we have no pricing, qty or SE contents correct? Ah, don't worry about it LRG, we'll all just fly blind Friday morning, no rush, just take your time. LOL

Seriously, I'm not one of those guys looking for weeks and months of advance info on releases, but 3 days before with no info, now that's just ridiculous.
This right here. I understand that they are busy and all but for them to not have any prices on their upcoming sales THIS week is a bit absurd especially with some hard hitters that won’t last no time. But I’m sure I will get 50 emails when the prices finally are announced though.

Yeah, let's focus a little less on exclusive trading cards in Patreon magazines and a bit more on getting info to your customers about the games you're releasing.

This right here. I understand that they are busy and all but for them to not have any prices on their upcoming sales THIS week is a bit absurd especially with some hard hitters that won’t last no time. But I’m sure I will get 50 emails when the prices finally are announced though.
LOL, so true.

We go from no info, to reading it over and over again in many different emails, all sent over a matter of minutes. I guess including all release date info in one email makes to much sense, and God forbid that would ever happen. LOL

EDIT: You guys might want to at least update the website, as many visiting at this point might not even think you have releases this week. As normally things are shown by now, with pricing, limits, cost, etc.
I can't believe they haven't even announced the CE contents yet, as they are selling it in under 3 days and a decent number of people are trying to determine whether to go for the CE or not (though the price will likely be more of a determining factor for me rather than the contents). But again the prices aren't even announced yet. Some people may have to budget around these releases so the more advance notice the better to plan. I really don't understand why they can't announce prices and offerings at least a full week in advance.

I really don't understand why they can't announce prices and offerings at least a full week in advance.
Yeah, I don't think this is unreasonable at all.

The best I can guess, dealing with "N" behind the scenes is taking up all of LRG free time(this would be awesome if true). LOL

They should really update the website with these new games; worst case scenario: games get listed and go live at the same time!!
Holy shit, that would make for one helluva Friday morning, I say lets do it!

Where I doubt I could get everything I may want, the level of entertainment would far outweigh the loss(no pre chance to complain about price/qty's). LOL

They should really update the website with these new games; worst case scenario: games get listed and go live at the same time!!
Everything's up now: https://limited-run-games.myshopify.com/collections/games

C0JUwmN.jpg

I am so conflicted on whether to pick up Organ Trail. On the one hand, I have extreme nostalgia for being in elementary school and playing Oregon Trail religiously, so this speaks to that an awful lot. On the other hand, I know that I have no desire to play Organ Trail and the markup from $5 to $25 is a ridiculously difficult pill to swallow.

Hmm, we'll see...

$49.99......ugg that's expensive. I was hoping $44.99 myself. Still will get it. Organ Trail is not too great. I found it extremely repetitive and hated the shooting segments. Not worth it IMHO.

WOW, I see Nurse Love SE is two per customer, WTF!?

I guess these being limited to one is just a pipe dream at this point uh?

EDIT: BTW, a picture of the contents would be nice before Friday as well, although at two per person, it's highly unlikely I can get one even if I opted to.

Yeah, they keep talking about announcing the releases around the first of the month, but are still working on announcements and webpages the week of the sale. This is an area they could definitely improve.
This is what I would like to see improve on in terms of having better communication.

A lot of people do not have the luxury of buying something announced a week or few days before the sale.

So does everyone here love visual novels or is there more to Nurse Love? I don't typically play VNs so I'm wondering if I should get it or not.

So does everyone here love visual novels or is there more to Nurse Love? I don't typically play VNs so I'm wondering if I should get it or not.
Since most are just glorified books, it all comes down to story and any levels of interaction the VN may have. If reading isn't your thing, or VN in general, I would say pass.

I love VNs. If you don't, likely wait for a PSN sale. Otherwise it has anime art and stuff will likely make it lucrative on the secondary market, as likely about 95% of LRG customers never open a single game.

WOW, I see Nurse Love SE is two per customer, WTF!?

I guess these being limited to one is just a pipe dream at this point uh?

EDIT: BTW, a picture of the contents would be nice before Friday as well, although at two per person, it's highly unlikely I can get one even if I opted to.
VNs and Shmups are two genres that have very rabid fan bases. Glad to see the Nurse Love CE is reasonably priced, but they really need to limit it to one per person on the morning run.

Yeah, the Nurse Love SE wasn't on my radar, but seeing the standard is at $50, now the SE is a bargain. I might as well grab it, as now the extras look to be a much better value. I would like to see a pic of the included items before I decide for sure, so lets hope that happens soon.

If they keep that limited of two, I think I'm gonna a grab a second one. As this is gonna go crazy high rather quickly, especially once all the flippers grab copies. Sorry guys, I just can't pass up a killer flipping deal, these don't come along to often. LOL

Man, that price on Nurse Love is way higher than I thought it would be! I think it's about $30-$40 digitally though so I guess it's not too crazy. I was going to get it because it looks interesting, but at that price, I am going to have to pass unless I decide to go for the CE and flip it. 

Kero Blaster looks interesting too, but I don't know much about it aside from it's by the same developer as Cave Story (which I love). 

Man, that price on Nurse Love is way higher than I thought it would be! I think it's about $30-$40 digitally though so I guess it's not too crazy. I was going to get it because it looks interesting, but at that price, I am going to have to pass unless I decide to go for the CE and flip it.

Kero Blaster looks interesting too, but I don't know much about it aside from it's by the same developer as Cave Story (which I love).
It's $40 digitally, so it's exactly $10 more per their rule of thumb for the standard.

bread's done
Back