Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
September schedule:

7th
Yooka-Laylee (Switch)
Narcosis (PS4)

14th
Furi (Switch)
Salt & Sanctuary (PS4/Vita)

28th
Golf Story (Switch)
Title TBA (PS4/Vita)

September schedule:

7th
Yooka-Laylee (Switch)
Narcosis (PS4)

14th
Furi (Switch)
Salt & Sanctuary (PS4/Vita)

28th
Golf Story (Switch)
Title TBA (PS4/Vita)
If they stick to this schedule it is pretty manageable for most people so hopefully they don't add too much to it lol. Though we are getting to a time of the year where retail releases pick up (especially 9/24 when LRG-like retail titles like Moonlighter, Flipping Death, and Psyvariar Delta are supposed to come out). Play-Asia also has at least two titles this month too.

I wonder when the YL kickstarter backer discount codes are going on. I want to jump on the CE so we need to get them soon...
I got mine this afternoon. Were you a 64Bit or higher level backer? Otherwise it sounded from the e-mail like you wouldn't get priority to order the CE with the variant color cart and instead they were just giving the discount code which works on the regular CE and standard edition for use tomorrow morning.

I wonder when the YL kickstarter backer discount codes are going on. I want to jump on the CE so we need to get them soon...
I haven't gotten mine yet either. I'm going to be super salty if they don't send it out, especially with what happened with the boxie.

I haven't gotten mine yet either. I'm going to be super salty if they don't send it out, especially with what happened with the boxie.
Maybe they are going out in batches. It did say in the e-mail that high level backers had until Sunday, September 9th to place an order for the variant CE.

Interesting development with Yooka-Laylee today:

Please be aware that a representative from Best Buy has approached us with interest in Yooka-Laylee. We want everyone to know now that there is a possibility of this release appearing in stores at Best Buy. Best Buy would put their order in during the same open preorder window as regular customers. Everything we produce will still be limited with no reprints planned. Any retail editions will be distinguished from the online limitedrungames.com releases with unique cover art or other features. Our goal is to be as transparent and upfront about this possibility as we can so no one feels that we are pulling the wool over their eyes.

Interesting development with Yooka-Laylee today:

Please be aware that a representative from Best Buy has approached us with interest in Yooka-Laylee. We want everyone to know now that there is a possibility of this release appearing in stores at Best Buy. Best Buy would put their order in during the same open preorder window as regular customers. Everything we produce will still be limited with no reprints planned. Any retail editions will be distinguished from the online limitedrungames.com releases with unique cover art or other features. Our goal is to be as transparent and upfront about this possibility as we can so no one feels that we are pulling the wool over their eyes.
Good news for some, GCU and free shipping if BB picks it up.

So looks like Furi is next up on Switch. If they keep the same preorder windows, that means YL, Furi, and Golf Story could be combined into one order on the 28th.

Good news for some, GCU and free shipping if BB picks it up.
It makes no sense unless LRG is giving BB some price break on a large order. Otherwise, BB will have to mark it up.

I really don't get it. It's so weird for BB to go out of their way to get a physical release of an LRG game to sell in stores. At my local Best Buy stores, putting games on the shelves is not a priority in the least. Sure, if a new release is supposed to go on an end cap, they might put it out (Spider-Man should definitely be on the shelf this morning). But, something like Yooka-Laylee? I'd 100% have to have someone go hunt it down in the back or in the cage where they keep their games. It could be weeks before a smaller release would make it to the shelf.

I'm glad LRG is up front about it - I really hope the BB deal is worth it. Right now, we can pay $50 + shipping for the LRG version or wait for a possible Best Buy release with "unique cover art or other features." If I were them, I'd at least say a potential Best Buy release would not include the manual to provide some incentive to order direct. Right now, it sounds like it's possible the retail version could be better. Could be worse, too, but who knows?

I was 100% going to order Yooka-Laylee along with Dust today. Now I'm not sure what to do.

It makes no sense unless LRG is giving BB some price break on a large order. Otherwise, BB will have to mark it up.

I really don't get it. It's so weird for BB to go out of their way to get a physical release of an LRG game to sell in stores. At my local Best Buy stores, putting games on the shelves is not a priority in the least. Sure, if a new release is supposed to go on an end cap, they might put it out (Spider-Man should definitely be on the shelf this morning). But, something like Yooka-Laylee? I'd 100% have to have someone go hunt it down in the back or in the cage where they keep their games. It could be weeks before a smaller release would make it to the shelf.

I'm glad LRG is up front about it - I really hope the BB deal is worth it. Right now, we can pay $50 + shipping for the LRG version or wait for a possible Best Buy release with "unique cover art or other features." If I were them, I'd at least say a potential Best Buy release would not include the manual to provide some incentive to order direct. Right now, it sounds like it's possible the retail version could be better. Could be worse, too, but who knows?

I was 100% going to order Yooka-Laylee along with Dust today. Now I'm not sure what to do.
Keep in mind it is not unprecedented for Best Buy to work with a limited games company. In fact, they are currently working with Fangamer to get out retail copies of Undertale for the Switch. Should be coming out within a couple of weeks in fact (my preorder says 9/18). I think it is exciting that BB is branching out in this way as it gives me the opportunity to use GCU on titles I wouldn't normally be able to.

10:01 on my clock and Yooka Laylee CE is sold out, lmao. Sigh.
Yeah, I had a feeling it may sell fast. It seems to be a better value than the standard edition at $50 in my opinion.

I was a little surprised to see a Narcosis CE. That kind of came out of nowhere as I didn't see a hint of it anywhere or anytime else until seeing it on the site this morning.

Yeah, I had a feeling it may sell fast. It seems to be a better value than the standard edition at $50 in my opinion.

I was a little surprised to see a Narcosis CE. That kind of came out of nowhere as I didn't see a hint of it anywhere or anytime else until seeing it on the site this morning.
I’m typical LRG fashion, they revealed it on Twitter last night.

10:01 on my clock and Yooka Laylee CE is sold out, lmao. Sigh.
Yeah, I knew this was going to go super fast, as it's a way better value than the standard version. I actually recommended that they should have had an open preorder for the CE, and had a set number for the standard edition, as they where going to lose out on many dollars doing it the normal way around.

I thought so too but didn't think it would be that fast. Refreshed the page at 10 on the nose and it was already showing only a few left but wouldn't let me add to cart. Definitely not dropping $50+ on the standard edition. Do these limited run CEs usually sell out in seconds? It's my first time using the site tbh

I thought so too but didn't think it would be that fast. Refreshed the page at 10 on the nose and it was already showing only a few left but wouldn't let me add to cart. Definitely not dropping $50+ on the standard edition. Do these limited run CEs usually sell out in seconds? It's my first time using the site tbh
They can sell out quick, but there hasn't been a fast one like this in a minute. I would recommend having all your info pre-saved on their site, and be logged in to paypal or whatever other options they have, and be ready for round two this afternoon. Sometimes the second will last longer, but in this case, it will probably be the same, or even faster depending on how many missed out. And I believe most will be of your mindset(as was I), as it's CE or bust, as $50 for the standard was a big red flag to many.

I’m in the same boat here. I was super excited about ordering Dust and Yooka-Laylee, but then I saw Bestbuy might get it. Getting 20% off is a pretty big deal on top of any gift certificates I may have. Not to mention the possibility of a different cover art and other features. Could other features maybe mean the N64 mode on the cartridge perhaps?

It’s tough though, because I really want to support LRG and there’s no guarantee Best Buy will even go through with this.

Anyway, I think I’m going to just order Dust for now and then wait to see if any more information comes out with Best Buy doing a retail release of Yooka Laylee. If no information comes out in the next few weeks I’ll probably just order it with Golf Story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like it lasted about 5 minutes.
Did you try ordering one? The add to card button was there but I just got a big red 'sold out' message when clicking on it, even right at 6. Pretty sad I couldn't end up ordering one but I guess this saves me $75+. Oh well.

I’m in the same boat here. I was super excited about ordering Dust and Yooka-Laylee, but then I saw Bestbuy might get it. Getting 20% off is a pretty big deal on top of any gift certificates I may have. Not to mention the possibility of a different cover art and other features. Could other features maybe mean the N64 mode on the cartridge perhaps?

It’s tough though, because I really want to support LRG and there’s no guarantee Best Buy will even go through with this.

Anyway, I think I’m going to just order Dust for now and then wait to see if any more information comes out with Best Buy doing a retail release of Yooka Laylee. If no information comes out in the next few weeks I’ll probably just order it with Golf Story.
Anyone know if BB is going (planning) to carry the CE edition? Or just the standard?

Also where did LRG post the news? I don't see it anywhere...

Anyone know if BB is going (planning) to carry the CE edition? Or just the standard?

Also where did LRG post the news? I don't see it anywhere...
No mention of the CE being carried by best buy, I can't imagine LRG would allow BB to buy any CEs. The news was just below the trailer for yooka laylee in their email.

Yes, I was able to get one; took me probably 30 seconds or so to check out (Google Pay glitched on me, so had to enter in CC).

Did you try ordering one? The add to card button was there but I just got a big red 'sold out' message when clicking on it, even right at 6. Pretty sad I couldn't end up ordering one but I guess this saves me $75+. Oh well.

Not sure why it sold so fast when the CE is overpriced IMO and I played YL and its a awful game, super mediocre. Just dont understand and now with BB getting the game with a unique cover and GCU will be even cheaper.

Not sure why it sold so fast when the CE is overpriced IMO and I played YL and its a awful game, super mediocre. Just dont understand and now with BB getting the game with a unique cover and GCU will be even cheaper.
I think the key things were Nintendo and nostalgia. Also got to think that limited editions usually don’t last no matter how good the game is but add the crazed Nintendo fans to the mix and there you go.

Because it's the Switch. Switch collectors will eat everything up

Yooka Laylee is overpriced.. but it's not that bad. It's better than a lot of other games LRG releases but people don't complain about those (probably because the price isn't so high?). I guess I don't understand all the hate for Yooka Laylee when there are plenty of other shittier releases from LRG with shittier CEs lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Yooka Laylee is the first Switch release I've skipped. Just couldn't see spending $50 on a normal edition for something that's not even that great a game (apologies to any who love YL). Would have purchased at $30, maybe $35, but it's probably good to break my Switch buying streak for LRG - will likely save me money in the long run.

Yooka Laylee is overpriced.. but it's not that bad. It's better than a lot of other games LRG releases but people don't complain about those (probably because the price isn't so high?). I guess I don't understand all the hate for Yooka Laylee when there are plenty of other shittier releases from LRG with shittier CEs lol
I think you are right about the price, and also a lot of us had very high expectations for the game and were disappointed as opposed to a lot of LRG releases that we have either never heard of or tried on ps+ at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yooka Laylee is the first Switch release I've skipped. Just couldn't see spending $50 on a normal edition for something that's not even that great a game (apologies to any who love YL). Would have purchased at $30, maybe $35, but it's probably good to break my Switch buying streak for LRG - will likely save me money in the long run.
^ This. I've never played YL before, and was looking forward to getting it on cartridge. But $50??? The same price as some AAA Nintendo titles? Maybe if it came as a collection with Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie as well...

^ This. I've never played YL before, and was looking forward to getting it on cartridge. But $50??? The same price as some AAA Nintendo titles? Maybe if it came as a collection with Banjo-Kazooie & Banjo-Tooie as well...
Those games deserve a true remaster for sure. I think they'd be great on the switch. Honestly YL wasn't that bad but it didn't really capture the nostalgia magic of either BK game.

I think the key things were Nintendo and nostalgia. Also got to think that limited editions usually don’t last no matter how good the game is but add the crazed Nintendo fans to the mix and there you go.
This. It's weird how when a game that had the hype of crickets on the PS4/XB1 comes out on Switch, it's suddenly a big deal. I know the portability factor is part of it, but I think bad games get a free pass on the Switch sometimes. Ive been pretty cautious about blind buys of 3rd party titles on the Switch for that reason, even though I should be researching the games anyway.

Yooka Laylee is overpriced.. but it's not that bad. It's better than a lot of other games LRG releases but people don't complain about those (probably because the price isn't so high?). I guess I don't understand all the hate for Yooka Laylee when there are plenty of other shittier releases from LRG with shittier CEs lol
Yeah but most of the games LRG releases also didn't have budget that YL had, I don't think so anyway. I had to look this up but they asked for $270K and ended up with $3.3m, almost 12x the funding they originally wanted. Take out the money for KS fees and backer rewards I still feel like they had ample excess funds to work with.

This. It's weird how when a game that had the hype of crickets on the PS4/XB1 comes out on Switch, it's suddenly a big deal. I know the portability factor is part of it, but I think bad games get a free pass on the Switch sometimes. Ive been pretty cautious about blind buys of 3rd party titles on the Switch for that reason, even though I should be researching the games anyway.
Do you feel like this has been with all 3rd party games or just certain ones? I don't have a PS4 or XB1, so I don't really pay attention to the 3rd party games on those systems unless they are really in the spotlight.

Do you feel like this has been with all 3rd party games or just certain ones? I don't have a PS4 or XB1, so I don't really pay attention to the 3rd party games on those systems unless they are really in the spotlight.
Definitely not every game. I mean, I understand why Doom was lauded on the Switch even though it's considered the most inferior version of the three - its basically because people didnt really expect that it was technically possible to bring it to the Switch. So the praise makes some sense.

A game like Snake Pass, though - that's an example of one that I would question. No one cared on PS4 but when it was announced for Switch, the Switch Facebook group I'm in blew up with people buying it and playing it. It's an indie game and mediocre at best. So I just think with games like that, it's the Nintendo factor.

bread's done
Back