Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Axiom Verge on WiiU now up for sale.

Lol, the mega bundle sold out in under a minute.  It was actually one of those good mega bundles with no duplicates. You can definitely tell the difference when they offer those versus the bloated mega bundles with multiple copies of games and variants.  Those tend to take a long time to sell out.

I got 3 copies of AV. It went within in 5 minutes which is slow by other standards like wonderboy but good for a 3000 batch print run of an older system game

First batch appears to be 3500 for Axiom Verge. Already down to under 800 copies. Pretty much what I predicted.

Axiom has about 3,600 in first batch.
I calculated 3500... but I think that's close enough to be comparable. EDIT: Did a few more calculations (Current available div % .. and came out to just under 3500 several times but then this last time was nearly 3600... so I'll lean your way and say 3600).

EDIT:

Under 500 copies left... it's going even faster than I thought... but thought maybe they'd do the whole batch at once which would have taken a lot more time.

EDIT:

Under 350 copies now... ... wait 305 copies... seems like this will sell out of the first batch in the next 15min.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I just tried to redeem some points for a mystery Vita game and it wouldn't let me - message said "sorry, something went wrong."  Anyone else get a similar message when redeeming rewards?

you probably just picked the wrong time to do it as the website is getting hammered from the initial wiiu sales. I'd try again in an hour.

Picked up a couple copies of Axiom Verge. Do they still combine shipping? I have 3 orders pending now each at $5.50 shipping each but if I can save a few bucks I may as well.

So, I just tried to redeem some points for a mystery Vita game and it wouldn't let me - message said "sorry, something went wrong." Anyone else get a similar message when redeeming rewards?
I had a similar problem. Tried to redeem for a sticker and the code wouldn't load but now the points are gone.

First batch of Axiom Verge... Sold Out. Just over 22min. Too bad bojay didn't take me up on that bet.

Let this be the last Wii U game. I don't want to bother grabbing "Just Dance 2020 with Barbara Walters" to complete my collection
I'd imagine there's a chance for JD2020... what you should be hoping doesn't happen is that every indie publisher starts flooding the market with these kinds of WiiU releases.

Picked up one copy of Axiom Verge, still unsure if I should grab another for collection purposes.  It took longer than I expected to sell out, I was refreshing like a mofo

First batch of Axiom Verge... Sold Out. Just over 22min. Too bad bojay didn't take me up on that bet.

I'd imagine there's a chance for JD2020... what you should be hoping doesn't happen is that every indie publisher starts flooding the market with these kinds of WiiU releases.
Suckers bet. Your prediction was that it would sell out within a week which isn't exactly Nostradamus level stuff. Given the promo and the coverage that the Badlands lawsuit got, it's not shocking that the first batch sold out, albeit pretty slowly Heck, I even bought two copies just for the charity angle. Whether the whole lot sells out today is the real interesting analysis. I'm starting to lean to yes just because the charity angle has received so much hype and coverage in the last few days.

First batch appears to be 3500 for Axiom Verge. Already down to under 800 copies. Pretty much what I predicted.

I calculated 3500... but I think that's close enough to be comparable. EDIT: Did a few more calculations (Current available div % .. and came out to just under 3500 several times but then this last time was nearly 3600... so I'll lean your way and say 3600).

EDIT:

Under 500 copies left... it's going even faster than I thought... but thought maybe they'd do the whole batch at once which would have taken a lot more time.

EDIT:

Under 350 copies now... ... wait 305 copies... seems like this will sell out of the first batch in the next 15min.
Yeah, I think it was specifically 3620, kind of odd amount. I refreshed the page when it went live and searched for "inventory" in the source view and found that number. Seems to be a common way to find quantities of an item remaining on Shopify, assuming they have it configured that way.

Right now, if you look on the page, the number is 1600. So if there should be 6,000 total, it seems like they are not selling them all today. About 800 would be unaccounted for, assuming the current number is correct.

Let this be the last Wii U game. I don't want to bother grabbing "Just Dance 2020 with Barbara Walters" to complete my collection
I want a complete collection of every copy of Just Dance 2020 with Barbara Walters just so I can invite people into my game room and say "here is my complete collection of all 6000 sealed copies of Just barbara."

Just have to pray for no limits and be quick enough to get the first order in and order every copy.

Collector's edition includes a life size walker!

Yeah, I think it was specifically 3620, kind of odd amount. I refreshed the page when it went live and searched for "inventory" in the source view and found that number. Seems to be a common way to find quantities of an item remaining on Shopify, assuming they have it configured that way.

Right now, if you look on the page, the number is 1600. So if there should be 6,000 total, it seems like they are not selling them all today. About 800 would be unaccounted for, assuming the current number is correct.
That would make sense. There are probably a few hundred copies set aside for the mega bundle, plus what they hold back for replacements and such.

I'm a little surprised that the morning batch sold out as quickly as it did, what with the large quantity and the region-locking of WiiU games and all, but Axiom Verge deserves it. Now that it's on my mind I'll probably give it another run-through this weekend.

Nice sleuthing, thanks for clarify. I didn't think to just look at the source code and skip the basic math. Crunching the numbers there are 780 copies which is 13% of the total unaccounted for.

That would make sense. There are probably a few hundred copies set aside for the mega bundle, plus what they hold back for replacements and such.
Definitely, mega bundle subtracts from the 780 as does the replacements. Plus they also send games to mom&pop retail shops... so they may have some held out for that. I'd imagine they sent a few to the developer as well just so he can have a few copies of his game.

Random question, if I pre-order 2 Switch games, will Limited Run ship them together?  Or do they ship them out separately as they become available?  Was trying to avoid paying extra for a box so I was curious.

Holy Fuuuuuuck
7 months later I finally got my Bastion and Everspace, my 2 most anticipated games.

FUUUUUUUC

PROLLY their 2 best releases next to Salt and Santuary. Everspace is here. Colony Wars on the PS4!

You’ll get your shit eventually! I thought this would go on as long as fake Russian scandal ! :beer:

Random question, if I pre-order 2 Switch games, will Limited Run ship them together? Or do they ship them out separately as they become available? Was trying to avoid paying extra for a box so I was curious.
Anything you order together will be held until all items are available. Order separately with multiple shipping fees if you want them to ship as available.

Suckers bet. Your prediction was that it would sell out within a week which isn't exactly Nostradamus level stuff. Given the promo and the coverage that the Badlands lawsuit got, it's not shocking that the first batch sold out, albeit pretty slowly Heck, I even bought two copies just for the charity angle. Whether the whole lot sells out today is the real interesting analysis. I'm starting to lean to yes just because the charity angle has received so much hype and coverage in the last few days.
For once, I agree with bojay. The over/under of a week was comical. I don’t think you could have found anyone on here who would have taken the over.

Well I'm trying to talk myself out of picking up the WiiU version of Axiom but it's not going well.  I haven't bought the game physically yet so if I'm going to do so this is probably the version to get.

Well I'm trying to talk myself out of picking up the WiiU version of Axiom but it's not going well. I haven't bought the game physically yet so if I'm going to do so this is probably the version to get.
Will you even play it on WiiU? Typically I go with what platform I'm most likely to actually play a game on. My WiiU is boxed up until I'm ready to dig back into the system and finally play Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Will you even play it on WiiU? Typically I go with what platform I'm most likely to actually play a game on. My WiiU is boxed up until I'm ready to dig back into the system and finally play Xenoblade Chronicles X.
I've already played it before on PC so I doubt I'll play it again anytime soon which is why I'm telling myself that I don't need it. As someone that collects a lot though, I would like a physical copy of the game. I've read where the WiiU version is supposed to be the best way to experience it though since it has the gamepad. I still have my WiiU hooked up so it's more likely that I would play it on that or the Switch.

I've already played it before on PC so I doubt I'll play it again anytime soon which is why I'm telling myself that I don't need it. As someone that collects a lot though, I would like a physical copy of the game. I've read where the WiiU version is supposed to be the best way to experience it though since it has the gamepad. I still have my WiiU hooked up so it's more likely that I would play it on that or the Switch.
Yep, definitive version due to map being on gamepad.

So... second batch of axiom sold about 500 in the first min, 500 in the second, 80 in the third min, and slowed from there. As of 5 min in there are 541 remaining and it did start around 1600 copies as expected. Just under 500 remaining at 7 min in.

Yeah, no one's going to show up to buy the Wii U title. No demand for a region 1 only release on an obsolete system that was never all that popular to begin with. All the current Wii U games are going for peanuts, why would they even bother putting this release out? They aren't going to be able to move 6000 copies of Axiom Verge!

Does anyone know when Celeste will ship? Page says late March but I'm assuming that's not happening.
No joke, expect in October or maybe by the end of the year. Something similiar happened with pixeljunk 2 and it shipped right under a year later.

No joke, expect in October or maybe by the end of the year. Something similiar happened with pixeljunk 2 and it shipped right under a year later.
When it went up for preorder it was known to be open ended until all the DLC was out.

I didn’t purchase it, but I believe it was 9 months; well under one year.

Yeah, no one's going to show up to buy the Wii U title. No demand for a region 1 only release on an obsolete system that was never all that popular to begin with. All the current Wii U games are going for peanuts, why would they even bother putting this release out? They aren't going to be able to move 6000 copies of Axiom Verge!
Yeah, I mentioned the Wii U games are going for peanuts, and this one title selling doesn't change that. They all still go for peanuts, and I doubt this title will command more than $40 after the fact, but time will tell.

I'm glad this has sold well, and I honestly think it was due to all the press it received which is great, as LRG got screwed as well as the creator. That story was on every popular gaming sight worldwide, and really brought attention to this title, and I don't think it would have sold as well without that happening.

And since there is little chance of ever seeing another Wii U title, there is no way to say what really happened here, but I'll give you your due credit in saying this would sell well. But I don't agree it did so for the reasons you mentioned, as I don't see another Wii U title at that qty doing as well with out the story to go with it.

And if you have enough points for more than one item, you can only apply one code at a time, so you have to order rewards separately, I guess, paying shipping for each......
Yep. I had redeemed two reward items and added them to cart. I entered the second code and it erased the first one. You have to make two separate orders and pay for shipping each time. Why?!?

Yeah, I mentioned the Wii U games are going for peanuts, and this one title selling doesn't change that. They all still go for peanuts, and I doubt this title will command I'm glad this has sold well, and I honestly think it was due to all the press it received which is great, as LRG got screwed as well as the creator. That story was on every popular gaming sight worldwide, and really brought attention to this title, and I don't think it would have sold as well without that happening.

And since there is little chance of ever seeing another Wii U title, there is no way to say what really happened here, but I'll give you your due credit in saying this would sell well. But I don't agree it did so for the reasons you mentioned, as I don't see another Wii U title at that qty doing as well with out the story to go with it.
Agree with this 100%. I was a skeptic that it would sell out, but the momentum in the last week where it was heavily emphasized that 90% of proceeds would go to the game's creator for his son pushed me to not only buy the single copy I planned to buy, but also a second copy. I'm seeing dozens of similar posts on various forums and Facebook groups. So, I think it's cool it looks destined to sell out, but I agree that it has little to do with the traditional reasons a release of this type might otherwise sell out and everything to do with the back story.

With the back story of this game, maybe being the last Wii U game released (or good one at least) and the game actually being pretty good, I am happy to triple dip on this as I already have it for PS4 and Vita.

bread's done
Back