Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
i hope another Jak and Daxter will come about from these fast sales. But i kinda hope it's more like the first 1st game, a platformer. The sequels with guns weren't that good to me, I'd rather play a new ratchet & clank if that's the case.

i hope another Jak and Daxter will come about from these fast sales. But i kinda hope it's more like the first 1st game, a platformer. The sequels with guns weren't that good to me, I'd rather play a new ratchet & clank if that's the case.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Got Jak II and Tacoma in the mail today. Not a big fan of the Jak II cover with the writing all over the bottom part of it.
That looks awful. Good thing it can be reversed, but bad for anyone wanting to keep it sealed and having that be the cover facing outward. It amazes me that anyone thought that looked acceptable.

That looks awful. Good thing it can be reversed, but bad for anyone wanting to keep it sealed and having that be the cover facing outward. It amazes me that anyone thought that looked acceptable.
It's just the original Japanese cover art though, so both Naughty Dog and Sony thought it was acceptable back when the game was originally released.

So does BloodStained Curse of the Moon for vita have a new trophy list for the physical release or did Limited Run bull shit us? I haven't seen a new trophy list for the game appear anywhere.

Does anyone have any information on this since the game has been shipping.

I should have mine soon but if it doesn't have a new trophy list I'm probably not going to open it since I got it for free digital from the kickstarter. I bought the physical because of the special treatment they said it was getting and vita.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1103716062116397056

So does BloodStained Curse of the Moon for vita have a new trophy list for the physical release or did Limited Run bull shit us? I haven't seen a new trophy list for the game appear anywhere.

Does anyone have any information on this since the game has been shipping.

I should have mine soon but if it doesn't have a new trophy list I'm probably not going to open it since I got it for free digital from the kickstarter. I bought the physical because of the special treatment they said it was getting and vita.
It has a new trophy list, but it hasn't been published serverside (read as: on PSN) yet. If you earn a trophy and try to sync it you'll get an error message.

Not sure why they're waiting to publish the trophies at this point - most games do it about a week before the release.

It has a new trophy list, but it hasn't been published serverside (read as: on PSN) yet. If you earn a trophy and try to sync it you'll get an error message.

Not sure why they're waiting to publish the trophies at this point - most games do it about a week before the release.
Anything special with the new trophy list (platinum) or is it the same list (stack).

I just got an email saying Celeste is delayed because they're adding the new DLC to the disc! BEST. COMPANY. EVER.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an email saying Celeste is delayed because they're adding the new DLC to the disc! BEST. COMPANY. EVER.
Yes this is a positive note on the release. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Skullgirls preorder mess though where it's 2020 and people are still waiting because of development issues.

I thought this was announced a while ago, the game's being delayed for the TY DLC? Or is there some other DLC being added?
I don't think they ever sent an email, it was just mentioned on twitter and their production update page of the website. So anyone not on twitter or forums may have missed it.

Well, next week is going to be devastating for SHMUP-fans' wallets. Battle Garegga is going to be on sale, and the CE for it is even more over-the-top than usual, coming in at a whopping $130.

Aegis Defenders will also be present, but will likely be the standard Switch/PS4 pre-order strategy that has become so popular. Battle Garegga is a SHMUP, so I wouldn't rely on it getting the same treatment for its standard edition, and as usual it definitely won't be pre-order for the ludicrous CE.

Well, next week is going to be devastating for SHMUP-fans' wallets. Battle Garegga is going to be on sale, and the CE for it is even more over-the-top than usual, coming in at a whopping $130.

Aegis Defenders will also be present, but will likely be the standard Switch/PS4 pre-order strategy that has become so popular. Battle Garegga is a SHMUP, so I wouldn't rely on it getting the same treatment for its standard edition, and as usual it definitely won't be pre-order for the ludicrous CE.
I would love to see them have a separate bundle with game, soundtrack and documentary in longbox. I can't justify paying that price for the current bundle...

I can't justify paying that price for the current bundle...
I feel you. I would mainly just want the longbox + documentary extra, and would be quite happy to pay for that extra. While the LP is inherently cool, I don't own a turntable, and wasn't really planning on getting one. I'm not enough of an audiophile to go down that rabbit hole.

To be completely honest, I haven't heard of Aegis Defenders before, but I'm hopeful that this is the beginning of a larger partnership with Humble. Humble's published some really good games in the past couple of years.

I have just about every physical release shmup going back several console generations. Will just get vanilla of Battle Garegga. I'd be more than happy to buy a CE of it from LRG for some of the collectibles, but this BS of starting to include vinyl in their CEs is a turnoff for me. I have zero use for vinyl game soundtracks, and all they do is add significant cost, size, and shipping weight to the CEs. It's great if some people are into vinyl soundtracks, but simply offer the vinyl as a stand-alone item for that niche group rather than jack the price up of the CE for the majority of the gaming population that does not collect vinyl. On the bright side, I will save money by not getting the Lumines and Battle Garegga CEs due to them including vinyl and being completely overpriced. It's quite remarkable what an awful value many of the LRG CEs have been.

The Korean version has been out for ages of BattleG. There is zero reason to buy it as it will be a clone of that disc most likely with zero new features. Only difference is new covers with the printed letters LRG#.

As for the CE, records as said above increase shipping n costs. The Docu will be free on Youtube after release to watch. So not much value left which are paper goods and a pin.

Pretty easy pass honestly if you have it already or atleast a standard purchase.

As for Aegis, I hate tower defense so that is a easy pass.

To be completely honest, I haven't heard of Aegis Defenders before, but I'm hopeful that this is the beginning of a larger partnership with Humble. Humble's published some really good games in the past couple of years.
What have they published?

There's a list here, but the big ones that I'd be excited for are Slay the Spire and a Hat in Time, and to a lesser extent The Occupation and Wizards of Legend.
The Occupation was released in stores. I picked up a Ps4 copy from either Gamestop or Bullmoose music, I don't remember which.

Good to know, I'll have to look into that. Guessing Gamestop, I haven't really kept up with their exclusive releases.
The Occupation actually was a wide release. I got it from Target during one of their specials.

The Korean version has been out for ages of BattleG. There is zero reason to buy it as it will be a clone of that disc most likely with zero new features. Only difference is new covers with the printed letters LRG#.
Y'all seem to forget Garrega is KOREAN-ONLY, no English and no Japanese either. It's a minor detail to some of you, but I really like my games in English, Japanese or possibly French as a fallback.

Did LRG specifically say their release was Korean-only? Because then you'd be 100% right and no I wouldn't buy it (again)

Y'all seem to forget Garrega is KOREAN-ONLY, no English and no Japanese either. It's a minor detail to some of you, but I really like my games in English, Japanese or possibly French as a fallback.

Did LRG specifically say their release was Korean-only? Because then you'd be 100% right and no I wouldn't buy it (again)

How much English do you really need in a shmup?

How much English do you really need in a shmup?
Imagine those power-up floatie things being in non-english.

"POWER"

"STAR SYMBOL"

"SPEED"

BLUE LIGHT-UP THING"

"FIRE-GUN SYMBOL"

"TYPING INSIDE OF A QUOTED REPLY"

Like I said, minor detail to some of you, somewhat of a deal breaker to me. Live and let live? Don't buy the LRG release, I'm fine with that.

Just got my copies of Dragon Fantasy and I gotta say... the artwork on both the case and the two cards are got are so lazy. I don't buy too many LRG games anymore but usually, the artwork used was pretty cool (which not sure if it's still the case, but was always LRG exclusive?). I don't think I've seen one this bad since the Dear Esther one. 

So did LRG ever confirmed this was the Korean-only version they are selling tomorrow??? Or does this one have english in it(well as much as any shmup can possibly have)?

EDIT:

I checked out PLAYASIA https://www.play-asia.com/battle-garegga-rev2016/13/70bsdd

And the games HUD/UI is pretty much English from what the videos and screenshot show. Which Im fine with this if LRG is exactly the Korean version. I dont think they can add more english than this to a shmup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tnc6kJRNrw

bread's done
Back