Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
These guys are probably the single largest publisher to date right now, they may not have volume but they've shit out more games than any other studio in a long time. They may not be big triple a games but even cocktail weenies eventually get you full. Doomstink probably has a salary around 200k & 450k, I saw LinkedIn type site a year or so ago that had it around that, I believe that was before the switch stuff and best buy stuff. Good for him and his family, haters gonna hate. Can we say we helped them achieve where they are at now, I'm sure this site helped in the beginning.

Dug this up, take it for what it is.

Limited Run Games specializes in the production and distribution of limited physical games for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita. They cater specifically to collectors and gamers that still desire physical ownership of their games. Since starting in 2015, they've sold over 500,000 physical games and have generated more than $35 million in revenue.

These guys are probably the single largest publisher to date right now, they may not have volume but they've shit out more games than any other studio in a long time. They may not be big triple a games but even cocktail weenies eventually get you full. Doomstink probably has a salary around 200k & 450k, I saw LinkedIn type site a year or so ago that had it around that, I believe that was before the switch stuff and best buy stuff. Good for him and his family, haters gonna hate. Can we say we helped them achieve where they are at now, I'm sure this site helped in the beginning.

Dug this up, take it for what it is.

Limited Run Games specializes in the production and distribution of limited physical games for the Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation Vita. They cater specifically to collectors and gamers that still desire physical ownership of their games. Since starting in 2015, they've sold over 500,000 physical games and have generated more than $35 million in revenue.
Doug recently bought a house and imports all kinds of stuff from his Twitter, and Josh has a family to support. $250k+ probably isn't realistic but I could easily see $75k-$100k for both Josh and Doug based on their lifestyles. Obviously they could be packing away another $100k a month in savings, investments, or just less flashy purchases and we'd never know, but $250k is a ton of money and I don't think either of them is living quite that lavishly.

As far as that blurb goes, $35 million in revenue isn't the same as profit. Revenue is usually used for gross sales, which in their case would be the sum cost of every game they've ever sold (and I'd warrant it's quite a bit above $35M by now).

Good for them. Just because you provide feedback does not mean you are hoping they would fail. I have been purchasing games from them in the past and will continue to do so. I never mentioned that I will stop. I have voiced my displeasure in their slow shipping practice before but I have never wished for their failure. Providing feedback, the good and bad, is ultimately what is going to make LRG better. Remember how many voiced their displeasure in not having an open preorder system? Do you think this would have been possible if this feedback was never been requested multiple times? The open preorder was good for the LRG customer and for them too, they sold a lot of more games with the open preorder system than the fix one, look at those switch numbers. Also look at Celeste CE, not including a digital soundtrack and later it did because the customer provided their feedback.

Oh and remember the loose PS4 disc issue? I've suggested maybe LRG should think about referring their customer to the video another CAG posted and guess what?

https://limitedrungames.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/22000024021-my-game-came-with-a-loose-disc-can-i-get-a-replacement-

Wow amazing what providing feedback can do. Stop taking every feedback as a personal attack to LRG, or for some odd reason your personal self.

Last edited by a moderator:
They have stated repeatedly that everyone makes a living wage and gets benefits. I suppose they could be lying, but that seems like an easy thing to get caught lying about considering all it would take is just one disgruntled former employee to spill the beans. Also, nobody has given them a "pass" since virtually the beginning. Certainly not in the last couple of years and certainly not now. It's part of the reason they don't interact here and a lot of other places anymore, preferring their own more controlled environment.

Personally, I treat them like every other company and judge them by their products and how they transact business with me individually as a customer. I don't care about how much profit they make or whether they interact with me on a forum or anything else. I also don't care if they release a million games a week or none. I buy what interests me and don't buy what doesn't, just like every other business I deal with.

You on the other hand seem downright obsessed with them. Weren't you the one demanding that this thread be closed a while back? Why continue to come here anyway? Is this still about your "daddy issues" and your need for love and validation from a company that owes you nothing and has no means of providing what you are desperately seeking? Honestly, please consider getting some help as your posts seem to be doing a lot more damage to your own fragile psyche than they will ever do to Limited Run Games.
The government thinks minimum wage is a living wage, so

Eat shit dude, this company is a joke and nobody should be buying into it anymore

Josh has gone on record saying they pay $15 + benefits. The only assumption I made was 2080 hours, which is standard full-time hours in America. I do agree that they're not a small player in the industry anymore, though. I wouldn't be surprised if they sold half a million units across all of their titles in FY2019.
They've said a lot of things on record, I don't hold much on it

I leave for 3 months to have some cancer cut out of my body, and I come back to see the same ol' shit from the same ol' players. My God. Lmao

I leave for 3 months to have some cancer cut out of my body, and I come back to see the same ol' shit from the same ol' players. My God. Lmao
I hope your surgery was successful, and that your doing better now?

And while on the topic, any chance you can refer someone to cut the cancer out of this thread? As that would be most excellent, but that may be beyond the scope of modern medicine, but worth a shot!

Listened to the July Fireside Chat while I was doing some work around the house over the weekend. Nothing major, but a few takeaways:

• Atari Flashback (Vita) is going up this week with a deluxe edition
  • They refuse to do one-per-person on Vita titles because they had a hard time selling some earlier games (Stealth Inc. and Home were specifically called out) and 70% of sales are already one-per-person
  • Their Switch schedule currently extends into April/May of next year, PS4 schedule "isn't that far out" beyond what they've announced
  • ICEY and the Sekai games are waiting on devs and don't have any specific dates
  • They're happy with the SW sales and want to do more with Disney, but Disney largely drives what is/isn't made available to them
  • No updates on Celeste, still waiting for the DLC to be completed.
  • Jak X won't go up in August, they're waiting for components so they'll be able to ship it out quicker.
  • The Damascus Gear games will be sold on the same day, and the Rocketbirds games will be sold on the same day (as in, the pairs will be sold at the same time, not all four of these games).
  • Switch won't have variant releases (i.e. PAX)
  • Only one remaining PSVR game currently signed, something to do with an IP from the 70s/80s
  • Three "really big things" coming next year, all for Switch
I don't know that any of that is really surprising or news-worthy, but figured it was worth sharing here.

• They refuse to do one-per-person on Vita titles because they had a hard time selling some earlier games (Stealth Inc. and Home were specifically called out) and 70% of sales are already one-per-person
tenor.gif

Regarding Celeste, it’s still in development as of Friday (dev says it’s getting close). I doubt we see physical copies before the end of the year.

Listened to the July Fireside Chat while I was doing some work around the house over the weekend. Nothing major, but a few takeaways:

• Atari Flashback (Vita) is going up this week with a deluxe edition
  • The Damascus Gear games will be sold on the same day, and the Rocketbirds games will be sold on the same day (as in, the pairs will be sold at the same time, not all four of these games).
I'm interested in Vita news and release scheduling. Hopefully it will not be a pain to get Rocketbirds and the Damascus Gear games. Hopefully they consider a two game bundle.

I'm find it baffling that they don't think the vita games at 1 per customer will sell out. They are comparing today's demand and market to vita games that they released years ago. Everyone knows these are the final vita games and they will sell out at one per customer.

The standard copy of Vasara Collection sold out in two minutes in each batch on vita from Strictly Limited over the weekend with a limited of one per customer. I got my copy in the second batch on Sunday and watched it sell out almost instantly.

on the fireside chat they said they are going to be releasing secret monkey island for the sega cd
Must've missed that. That's... Interesting. I really don't understand the affinity for releasing/re-releasing things on retro platforms, but I guess if it sells then it sells.

I'm interested in Vita news and release scheduling. Hopefully it will not be a pain to get Rocketbirds and the Damascus Gear games. Hopefully they consider a two game bundle.

I'm find it baffling that they don't think the vita games at 1 per customer will sell out. They are comparing today's demand and market to vita games that they released years ago. Everyone knows these are the final vita games and they will sell out at one per customer.

The standard copy of Vasara Collection sold out in two minutes in each batch on vita from Strictly Limited over the weekend with a limited of one per customer. I got my copy in the second batch on Sunday and watched it sell out almost instantly.
A two game bundle just splits the availability between everything though, three listings at 200 units each (since I'm sure they'll have a mega bundle) or some other screwy combination might make it more difficult to get.

For the order quantity, to me it sounds like "We used to be bad at forecasting demand and now we can't be bothered."

Vasara had a limit of two per SKU and I saw plenty of posts indicating that people bought 2 standard and 2 CE of the Vita version for a total of four copies. They didn't drop the standard down to one until the second batch and they never dropped the CE down.

Vasara had a limit of two per SKU and I saw plenty of posts indicating that people bought 2 standard and 2 CE of the Vita version for a total of four copies. They didn't drop the standard down to one until the second batch and they never dropped the CE down.
I was unaware that the standard edition in batch one was a limit of two per person.

I usually only try for the second batch on Strictly Limited because I am not available on Saturday during he first batch.

Again though case in point they lowered the limit to one per customer and it still sold out in two minutes. These companies will easily sell out at a one per customer on these last vita games. The demand shows this in today's market.

I was unaware that the standard edition in batch one was a limit of two per person.

I usually only try for the second batch on Strictly Limited because I am not available on Saturday during he first batch.

Again though case in point they lowered the limit to one per customer and it still sold out in two minutes. These companies will easily sell out at a one per customer on these last vita games. The demand shows this in today's market.
I agree that they will continue to sell out for as long as Vita releases keep coming out. Having said that, I don't necessarily think it's a bad business decision to allow sales of two per. Frankly, fewer orders are easier to deal with and from what I've seen and what LRG and other companies have mentioned in various chats, multi-copy buyers tend to buy more product in general on additional platforms. There is very little long-term value in customers who are buying one copy of a vita game and nothing else.

A two game bundle just splits the availability between everything though, three listings at 200 units each (since I'm sure they'll have a mega bundle) or some other screwy combination might make it more difficult to get.

For the order quantity, to me it sounds like "We used to be bad at forecasting demand and now we can't be bothered."
I am aware of this issue and I think they should just list the games together and not individually.
I know they won't do it but it would be nice if they did. I sure that if someone wants one of these games they are going to buy both.

I agree that they will continue to sell out for as long as Vita releases keep coming out. Having said that, I don't necessarily think it's a bad business decision to allow sales of two per. Frankly, fewer orders are easier to deal with and from what I've seen and what LRG and other companies have mentioned in various chats, multi-copy buyers tend to buy more product in general on additional platforms. There is very little long-term value in customers who are buying one copy of a vita game and nothing else.
So what you are telling me is that long time customers like myself who helped grow the business for Limited Run don't matter in the long run. I've been buying their vita releases since Breach and Clear and I've only bought one of each game when they were released. I've bought one collector's edition for Switch, a few Switch games, 4 PS4 games and have almost every Vita release they done except for a few I didn't care for but my loyalty means jack shit as a singles buyer. I would like them to make these vita releases one per customer. I think they are a large enough publisher now to handle orders from single buyers and bulk distributors like Best Buy. I glad to know that you think I don't matter or none of the vita collectors matter to them. We helped to start and grow their business. You can defend the tactics they use all day long but I think it's bull shit.

Honestly it really doesn't matter because I've never not got a release of one of the vita games I wanted but if I miss out on one of these final releases because of a two per customer minimum I'm going to be pissed off just like the rest of the community.

Really I just get tired of reading your defense of LRG. It's really annoying.
I'm a huge fan of LRG but I can see their faults on certain aspects of their business.

Don't bother, bojay will never stop white-knighting for LRG. I think they paid for his college tuition or something so he's contractually obligated to make at least one pro-LRG post a day.

So what you are telling me is that long time customers like myself who helped grow the business for Limited Run don't matter in the long run. I've been buying their vita releases since Breach and Clear and I've only bought one of each game when they were released. I've bought one collector's edition for Switch, a few Switch games, 4 PS4 games and have almost very Vita release they done except for a few I didn't care for but my loyalty means jack shit as a singles buyer. I would like them to make these vita releases one per customer. I think they are a large enough publisher now to handle orders from single buyers and bulk distributors like Best Buy. I glad to know that you think I don't matter or none of the vita collectors matter to them. We helped to start and grow their business. You can defend the tactics they use all day long but I think it's bull shit.

Honestly it really doesn't matter because I've never not got a release of one of the vita games I wanted but if I miss out on one of these final releases because of a two per customer minimum I'm going to be pissed off just like the rest of the community.

Really I just get tired of reading your defense of LRG. It's really annoying.
I an a huge fan of LRG but I can see their faults on certain aspects of their business.
It's not intended as a defense of LRG or any other company that allows multiple copies to be purchased. It's just the reality that selling to 1,000 customers who buy one of something rather than 500 customers who buy two of something plus other items all the time doesn't carry the same benefit to the business. I personally don't think LRG is being honest about why they allow the two copy limit to stand and I think my theory about it is the reality, but regardless, complaining about it isn't going to change things.

As for the rest of it, I think it's silly to try and personalize your relationship with a business. Honestly, you're getting as bad as "Daddy Issues" Jurai at this point with your entitlement. They don't owe you any loyalty, just like you don't owe them any. Every customer they have ever had helped them grow their business and every new customer they add does so as well, whether that person only collects Vita or Star Wars or soundtracks or whatever. That doesn't change the fact that customers who are willing to buy two copies and a lot of other stuff are technically doing a lot more to grow their business than you are buying one vita game every once in a while and then a handful of Switch and PS4 stuff when you decide to do so.

Don't bother, bojay will never stop white-knighting for LRG. I think they paid for his college tuition or something so he's contractually obligated to make at least one pro-LRG post a day.
Not sure how my post was pro-LRG. I'll be the first to admit that the two limit for Vita games is not consumer friendly. It does have a substantial benefit for the business though.

It's not intended as a defense of LRG or any other company that allows multiple copies to be purchased. It's just the reality that selling to 1,000 customers who buy one of something rather than 500 customers who buy two of something plus other items all the time doesn't carry the same benefit to the business. I personally don't think LRG is being honest about why they allow the two copy limit to stand and I think my theory about it is the reality, but regardless, complaining about it isn't going to change things.
I agree, something about it seems a little fishy because they will easily sell 2000 copies of one of the last Vita games at a limit of one per person. My personal theory is that they know who their biggest purchasers are and its possible the ones who buy two of each Vita games also buy two of everything else they put out, and they don't want to risk pissing off that customer base. But again, just a wild guess on my part.

I'm not a big fan of having some of the last Vita games have CEs though. CEs will further split up the last remaining stock. Standard copies will have a limit of two and CEs likely a limit of one, making it 3 allowed per person instead of 2. Not to mention adding more copies to the daily bundles (one CE and one standard instead of one standard).

LRG is a company. you use them for what you want that's it. There is no imaginary "loyalty" to anyone.

You guys are confusing this with a mom n pop store at a small town where everyone knows each other type of environment. It's not.
Its more of the faceless enterprise environment. So yes... your loyalty means about zero. Same with Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft.

Don't let the social media advertising trick you into thinking you are friends. lol.

People who buy the max of every game released are for the most part scalpers. Those same scalpers are the ones who list the max available per person (and sometimes more) from other limited run sites as well. They have no interest in keeping and playing the games because they immediately list the max per person. That's all well and good. They certainly have that right to make money off what they purchase if that is the the route they want to go. But, at some point the company selling the games needs to be consumer friendly and do their best to allow as many unique customers to be able to get a hold of limited supply games. In the long run I'd rather keep customers coming back than continue to lose customers who are left with a bad taste in their mouth due to giving up on trying to get games.

A company that is allegedly run by and for collectors should be using better judgement. I am talking specifically about the remaining Vita releases. I don't care about some past cruddy games that had low demand. Every single remaining Vita game, no matter the quality, is going to sell out fast whether it is one per person or two per person. LRG cannot possibly be so stupid that they think that won't happen. I don't buy their excuse given in the chat. It sucks that they are not being more considerate of their long-term loyal customers who are indeed actually gamers and collectors. I have been a huge supporter of LRG, as evidenced by the many thousands of dollars I have spent on their products, but on this issue of quantity of Vita games per person I am not impressed at all with the way they have been handling it. For the record I have always gotten what I have wanted, so this post has nothing to do with sour grapes on my part, but I do know people who don't have the best internet situation at the times the games go on sale, so they have basically no chance since the games sell out so ridiculously fast due to quite a few people being able to purchase multiple copies.

People who buy the max of every game released are for the most part scalpers. Those same scalpers are the ones who list the max available per person (and sometimes more) from other limited run sites as well. They have no interest in keeping and playing the games because they immediately list the max per person. That's all well and good. They certainly have that right to make money off what they purchase if that is the the route they want to go. But, at some point the company selling the games needs to be consumer friendly and do their best to allow as many unique customers to be able to get a hold of limited supply games. In the long run I'd rather keep customers coming back than continue to lose customers who are left with a bad taste in their mouth due to giving up on trying to get games.

A company that is allegedly run by and for collectors should be using better judgement. I am talking specifically about the remaining Vita releases. I don't care about some past cruddy games that had low demand. Every single remaining Vita game, no matter the quality, is going to sell out fast whether it is one per person or two per person. LRG cannot possibly be so stupid that they think that won't happen. I don't buy their excuse given in the chat. It sucks that they are not being more considerate of their long-term loyal customers who are indeed actually gamers and collectors. I have been a huge supporter of LRG, as evidenced by the many thousands of dollars I have spent on their products, but on this issue of quantity of Vita games per person I am not impressed at all with the way they have been handling it. For the record I have always gotten what I have wanted, so this post has nothing to do with sour grapes on my part, but I do know people who don't have the best internet situation at the times the games go on sale, so they have basically no chance since the games sell out so ridiculously fast due to quite a few people being able to purchase multiple copies.
I disagree with your scalper conclusion. I am part of many collector forums and groups and most of the collectors I have seen saying they always buy two want one to open and one to keep sealed in their collection. I believe Josh mentioned this is the way he has collected since before LRG was created. There are, for better or worse, a lot of collectors just like Josh out there and they are willing to spend significant amounts of money with LRG and other companies to buy double copies of everything.

While building goodwill and customer loyalty from a mass audience might be useful to a local retail store or restaurant, it really doesn't make much sense in connection with selling Vita games. Indeed, much of what I have seen here and on other forums is that once the Vita games are done, many of the Vita collectors aren't going to keep buying LRG or any limited run stuff from other vendors. So, while I agree with you that it's not a consumer friendly approach for the masses, it makes solid business sense for LRG to give preferential treatment to collectors who aren't limiting themselves to Vita releases and will actually be around and collecting a year from now when their Vita stuff is done.

I agree with you that the excuse about not being sure they will sell out is bogus. It doesn't change the fact that what's best for their business is not selling single copies to collectors who aren't going to buy other items at the expense of collectors who are going to be around for the long haul.

If you're buying like... 5 of a game, or 2 in the morning and 2 at night... you're probably a scalper. I'd agree though that buying 2, probably just a collector. I don't get it, I generally buy games with the intent of opening/playing them... but I've double dipped on a few, so I can keep the CE sealed or some other silly stuff, that I don't even know why I'm doing it. West of Loathing I actually bought two of the CE, so I could keep one pristine and open one...

but I'm a sucker for asymetric, I've played KoL for.... too long, and I feel I owe them some extra support for how much I've mooched out of that game.

Dude, Timespinners is my most anticipated limited print release in quite some time. I've been dying  to play it, but I didn't want to double dip, as I knew the physical would already be marked up and too expensive. The graphics make me so nostalgic for Valkyrie Profile. 

I'm also on the hype train for Timespinners. I do wish they'd done it in time to get a Vita physical, but PS4 is better than nothing. Also a fan of the open pre-order window.

Game looks great and I’ve held off on playing it till now.

I can’t wait for this and blazing chrome. Hopefully that gets a solid release date

If you're buying like... 5 of a game, or 2 in the morning and 2 at night... you're probably a scalper. I'd agree though that buying 2, probably just a collector. I don't get it, I generally buy games with the intent of opening/playing them... but I've double dipped on a few, so I can keep the CE sealed or some other silly stuff, that I don't even know why I'm doing it. West of Loathing I actually bought two of the CE, so I could keep one pristine and open one...

but I'm a sucker for asymetric, I've played KoL for.... too long, and I feel I owe them some extra support for how much I've mooched out of that game.
The limits are set per customer, not per batch. So if it's a limit of 2 and someone gets 2 in each batch, their orders will get cancelled for breaking limits and then those copies will go to folks on the waiting list. (https://forms.gle/tSeHBRhyNJdXQuwHA)

I questioned why I combine orders with games that are going to Best Buy when I saw Giga Wrecker Alt. in store the other day.  I had no idea it had shipped and wondered why I never got it.  Oh.... in an order with Jak 3 CE.  What stings more is I think I prefer the Best Buy cover anyway and I still have GCU.  I was tempted to pick it up anyway, but was able to restrain myself.

Does "one to play, one to keep sealed" really make sense when these games are all digital to begin with?
I'm not sure how it's any different than people that buy one copy at many times the digital price, open it and play it. There is a group of gamers who just won't support digital at all for a variety of reasons.

Does "one to play, one to keep sealed" really make sense when these games are all digital to begin with?
Hoarding is hoarding. It doesn't matter whether your intent is to hold them captive in your dungeon for all eternity or resell them immediately. You are buying multiple copies out of gluttony, and because you expect them become more valuable in time.

The thing that really gets me are these people ("collectors") that go off on flippers. Because they are doing the exact same thing. As if its any different just because they plan on accruing value with their collection over 30 years instead of selling it tomorrow. The sealed copy "collectors" that rant and rave over flipping and reselling are complete lunatics.

I'm not sure how it's any different than people that buy one copy at many times the digital price, open it and play it. There is a group of gamers who just won't support digital at all for a variety of reasons.
I only buy digital as I only want a tangible disc to share, etc. Every game I buy including ones from LRG, I throw away the case and manual and just treasure the disc as that’s all that matters to me really.

I don’t get off personally on seeing sealed cases in a shelf

bread's done
Back