Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/SekaiGames_/status/1282691461910233095
Unless the preorders will be cut off at a certain number of copies, describing this as a "limited" release seems like a misnomer. Sure, there won't be any more produced after the preorders close, but the period will likely be 1-2 months.

American Express has offers you can add to your card that earn you additional cash back as statement credit.

One of the recent ones I added was meant to encourage purchases at small businesses:

Spend $10+, get $5 back, up to 10 times when you Shop Small by 9/20/20

I just placed an order with LRG using my Amex, as I usually do, and I got $5 back from the small business offer.
Discover also has 5% cashback from PayPal. I'll definitely use AMEX if my order is less than $100. I remember activating this offer but I forgot to look into it to see what stores were eligible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mighty Switch Force! Collection is out today at Best Buy (sku 6419955). Only 2-3 per store. Make sure your store checks the actual date for that sku because it likely won't be put out thanks to them sending it in a box marked 7/14.
The employee at my local store said he could find it if there were 14, but since they only have 3 that is just an insurmountable challenge for him.

This (Mark of the Wolves) is one of those games where I'd probably be happy enough with the eshop version... though I'm more apt to just play it on my retropi or neogeo mini.  But I know how much people love this game... even though really this should be part of a neogeo collection and not an individual game release IMO.

This (Mark of the Wolves) is one of those games where I'd probably be happy enough with the eshop version... though I'm more apt to just play it on my retropi or neogeo mini. But I know how much people love this game... even though really this should be part of a neogeo collection and not an individual game release IMO.
Agreed. It's an enjoyable fighter but IMHO not entirely deserving of all the praise it gets. There are far better tuned fighting games - even from that era.

Ah, that makes sense.
That said, LRG does not require the developer give up exclusivity for publishing. This is actually a good thing since it doesn't tie the hands of developers if their game winds up succeeding beyond their expectations. The latest example being Streets of Rage 4.

It's a developer-friendly move by LRG since I would think other larger publishers do in fact tie the developers' hands on being the exclusive publisher/distributor. LRG opens itself up to being called the"bad guy" if they announce publishing a game, but then that game winds up getting wider acclaim, and the developer goes out to contract a more lucrative publishing deal to offer the title at retail (again, see Streets of Rage 4).

The Garou: Mark of the Wolves release today is NOT an open preorder, for those that were considering getting it.  Shockbox version already sold out until the 6pm batch.

The Garou: Mark of the Wolves release today is NOT an open preorder, for those that were considering getting it. Shockbox version already sold out until the 6pm batch.
Yup. Got one. While not as great as people say, it's a fun little game.

Just don't buy them? I don't. The game itself had been on my (Steam) wishlist though.
I don't buy them. I just don't know who if anyone is chomping at the bit for these/requested them. Especially since fake cartridges have clearly have replaced other items that usually go in these editions like soundtracks, etc.

The friends of Ringo Ishikawa is a game I've kind of been itching to play for a while.   I like that it is purposefully Shenmue mixed with kunio-kun.  So 2D open world with some beat em up elements and the freedom to do what you want.

The story behind it is cool too.  It's this lone russian guy.  He tried to hire artists after fleshing out the idea using technos art, to make the art original.  But failed to find anyone and ended up training his dad who could sketch to make pixel art using some basic software.  It's like a little passion project with a lot of heart behind it.

If it's $30 for the standard version, I might just go ahead and let this be my first LRG purchase since Golf Story.

I won't be surprised if PM Studio sells Ringo Ishikawa on their own site at a later date.

I also like what I'm seeing from the Collectors Edition of Obra Dinn. Not sure if I will go that far come Friday, but I'll be in for the standard edition at least. Been wanting to play Obra Dinn for a while but I've held off. I kinda figured it would show up at LRG sooner or later.

I also like what I'm seeing from the Collectors Edition of Obra Dinn. Not sure if I will go that far come Friday, but I'll be in for the standard edition at least. Been wanting to play Obra Dinn for a while but I've held off. I kinda figured it would show up at LRG sooner or later.
They are going to need to explain what is in that book before I go for the CE. I am assuming it's a replica of the completed in-game book. However, I won't be surprised if it's the non-complete version (aka "almost completely blank").

Any news on Curse of the Moon 2 or the Castlevania collection? I didn't realize COTM2 was already our digitally, but I think I read it'll come out physically? I've never ordered from LRG before.

Any news on Curse of the Moon 2 or the Castlevania collection? I didn't realize COTM2 was already our digitally, but I think I read it'll come out physically? I've never ordered from LRG before.
Not yet. Keep an eye on this thread. A few different users will post announcements when they happen.

Hm... I've been interested in Obra Dinn so might get that. 

Papers Please, I played a little bit and didn't see the appeal. Is that game actually as good as everyone says? I'll admit, I'm sometimes not super open to indie games because I think they all use some niche short term appeal as the selling point that I don't feel like is worth investing in (usually the graphics style, some unique mechanic, etc.) but I found myself liking these shorter games lately as they're easier to pick up an play assuming they're not brutally difficult (randomly played Shovel Knight a few months ago, very much enjoyed that). 

Papers Please, I played a little bit and didn't see the appeal. Is that game actually as good as everyone says? I'll admit, I'm sometimes not super open to indie games because I think they all use some niche short term appeal as the selling point that I don't feel like is worth investing in (usually the graphics style, some unique mechanic, etc.) but I found myself liking these shorter games lately as they're easier to pick up an play assuming they're not brutally difficult (randomly played Shovel Knight a few months ago, very much enjoyed that).
If you played a little bit and didn't like it, you probably won't change your mind? It's slightly similar to VA-11 Hall-A in its appeal, imo.

Quantity wise, it looks like Papers Please is pretty high compared to other Vita releases.  3000 copies (minus whatever they put in blind boxes and hold for damaged ones).  A lot of their later Vita releases were 1500 to 2000 copies if memory serves correctly.  Still I'm betting it sells out within 5 minutes.

Hey, at least they didn't force bundle a soundtrack this time.

It is gonna be hard to snag this and the Obra Dinn CE (1000 copies) at the same time.  I'll probably try it though!

Quantity wise, it looks like Papers Please is pretty high compared to other Vita releases. 3000 copies (minus whatever they put in blind boxes and hold for damaged ones). A lot of their later Vita releases were 1500 to 2000 copies if memory serves correctly. Still I'm betting it sells out within 5 minutes.

Hey, at least they didn't force bundle a soundtrack this time.

It is gonna be hard to snag this and the Obra Dinn CE (1000 copies) at the same time. I'll probably try it though!
dam only 750 copies for PS4 oba dinn CE thats going to sell out fast

bread's done
Back