Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Was bummed to miss out on Xeodrifter Vita.  Added it to my cart but by the time I was ready to check out it was sold out.  I'm assuming it was one of the scarcer items to start with.  Managed to get a couple Vita blind boxes and a copy of both Shantae games.  Very cool sale!

Im probably not too far from that either.

Didn't help that I was so worried about things going OOS I ended up with about 5 separate orders.

I also live somewhat close to Cary - wish there was a 'local pickup option :)

Stealth and LRG Black Friday Sale totaled me up to $300. It was worth it. Got a bunch of games I missed out on. LRG thank you.

Still a little under a few hundred left for Vita.

Certainly one of those, Black Friday for a new release was a bad idea type of deal. ;D

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, never seen a vita batch last this long. I figure it would last longer due to people having fatigue, but not to this extent. I woke up at noon thinking I have to remember to catch evening batch, but nope didn't have to. :)
i think volume lasted until sunday or there was one game that did they even dropped the limit to each person just to sell them lol

i think volume lasted until sunday or there was one game that did they even dropped the limit to each person just to sell them lol
You're probably thinking about the Thomas Was Alone/One Way Heroics release day. Octodad also had something similar like this occur.

Those things just stayed in stock forever due to some issues along the way. Plus, there were just so many copies of both titles for each platform, so that's another factor to consider as well.

i hope limited release learns its lesson some of us wont buy crappy games just because they are limited AKA stealth inc im one of the ones that passed on that and one way heroics 

You're probably thinking about the Thomas Was Alone/One Way Heroics release day. Octodad also had something similar like this occur.

Those things just stayed in stock forever due to some issues along the way. Plus, there were just so many copies of both titles for each platform, so that's another factor to consider as well.
yea the thomas and one way was major buying mistakes... also the rainbow moon was a major flop

i hope limited release learns its lesson some of us wont buy crappy games just because they are limited AKA stealth inc im one of the ones that passed on that and one way heroics
While One Way Heroics wasn't a great game(at least based on reviews), Stealth Inc is one of the best reviewed games LRG has offered.

The only real issue I see from that title was the timing, as BF isn't a good day to sale anything that isn't a "deal". I think Cyber Monday would have been a better choice, as that is a day geared to online users, so by default, more potential customers would have been at their computers, or smart phones, etc.

Just because you may or may not want or like a title, doesn't mean that others don't, as we have seen EVERY single release from LRG has sold out within a few days. So in the end, it's "mission accomplished" for all involved.

I'm happy to get games that I may not be super interested in, as a show of support, as I want to see better titles in the future. And in the end, I'm not loosing money on any game purchased, as every title is at least worth more than I original paid. I think what LRG is doing is awesome, and just like in life, you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.

While One Way Heroics wasn't a great game(at least based on reviews), Stealth Inc is one of the best reviewed games LRG has offered.

The only real issue I see from that title was the timing, as BF isn't a good day to sale anything that isn't a "deal". I think Cyber Monday would have been a better choice, as that is a day geared to online users, so by default, more potential customers would have been at their computers, or smart phones, etc.

Just because you may or may not want or like a title, doesn't mean that others don't, as we have seen EVERY single release from LRG has sold out within a few days. So in the end, it's "mission accomplished" for all involved.

I'm happy to get games that I may not be super interested in, as a show of support, as I want to see better titles in the future. And in the end, I'm not loosing money on any game purchased, as every title is at least worth more than I original paid. I think what LRG is doing is awesome, and just like in life, you have to take the good with the bad sometimes.
Well it hasnt sold out yet hope it does to be honest

I'm passing on Stealth, as my bank account is going to be taking a big hit next month with Stranger's Wrath plus whenever Oceanhorn and Firewatch come out. I'm glad I don't feel the need to own them all, although it would be cool, I'd probably be broke.
Likewise. Most of us aren't independently rich and have budgets, including yours truly, so the #1 rule I live by when collecting is that the game has to be one I actually enjoy playing. No buying any game "just to have it" or whatever. My wallet certainly appreciates the lack of desire to own complete collections of anything.

Dude, you brought a tear to my eye. I love you man.

Yeah, those should all be gone by tomorrow(Cyber Monday). 4 Days to sale out, not to bad. I'm sure Strangers Wrath will go a lot faster though.
I don't even think it's a question of how many days, but more like how many minutes for titles like that.

Just look at how quickly both Shantae titles sold out at both times.

I'm expecting the same with Strangers Wrath.

Pretty psyched. :D

I don't even think it's a question of how many days, but more like how many minutes for titles like that.

Just look at how quickly both Shantae titles sold out at both times.

I'm expecting the same with Strangers Wrath.

Pretty psyched. :D
I've been only grabbing one copy lately, as funds are tight this time of year, but I may grab 2 of Strangers Wrath, as I'm expecting that to go fast as well, especially being for the Vita only. This is for sure one of LRG better releases.

Looks like I will be grabbing this from Ebay since I couldnt afford a copy this last of the month....  any kind CAGers have any extra copies? :)

Stealth Inc is widely considered to be a great game and is on several must-own Vita lists.

Also, do you actually buy from us or care about what we're doing if you don’t even know the correct name of our company? You seem to only pop up here when you want to say something negative.

Stealth Inc is widely considered to be a great game and is on several must-own Vita lists.

Also, do you actually buy from us or care about what we're doing if you don’t even know the correct name of our company? You seem to only pop up here when you want to say something negative.
I know you like to be engaged with your buying public through various methods but don't let someone like that get to you. You guys are doing really well given where you started, there are going to be some mistakes along the way.

I just take it very personally when people call the games we're releasing crappy. I know the people who made these and these games represent huge parts of their lives. It's like watching someone rail on a friend's baby.

He has been supportive here and there in the past, but I think recently he's been trying really hard to be a smartass to impress others, and tries to use his "quick" wit to try and get a laugh or two.

Clearly, he has been missing the mark, so don't be too hard on him. :*(

I just take it very personally when people call the games we're releasing crappy. I know the people who made these and these games represent huge parts of their lives. It's like watching someone rail on a friend's baby.
I know it's tough but try not to pay attention to any trolls like that. I think the majority of us think you guys have made pretty good decisions about what games to sign. Keep up the great job and happy holidays!

Has anyone had their BF sale order shipped? Mine are still unfullfilled :(
They where probably still shipping the last batch of orders on BF, so I'm not expecting shipping until later this week. LRG will get to you, but you may get a notice in a few days, or a few weeks, it just depends.

I've had every order show up, so no worries on my end.

I buy alot from u guys and sorry that my honesty upset u or any others in here; im not the type to beat around the bush it is what it is. I have bought over 12 games from u guys and not doubles so dont say im not a fan. What am not a fan of is games such as stealth inc and obviously im not the only one going by how slow it sold.

What am not a fan of is games such as stealth inc and obviously im not the only one going by how slow it sold.
Just because something sold slowly means nothing in regards to quality. Out of all the games LRG has sold, this one is probably top 3 in regards to over all review ratings(maybe even number 1, I haven't looked specifically). It is also a very popular game across many platforms in general. It still sold out completely within 4 days, so I'm still not seeing the issue you are describing.

It was offered on the busiest shopping day of the year when most people where out buying holiday items at a greatly discounted price.

Hell, I even came late that morning, and I've never not been at my computer at 7am for anyone of their releases, so just by my own personal experience, I would say there was an issue with when it was sold, as that has never happened to me before, but I had been so busy trying to get deals and dealing with online sties, that I forgot all about it.

We ship orders by groupings so that we can easily print labels and pre-pack. Single game orders of Stealth Inc were the highest volume purchases, so those are going out the door first. Then we're on to the next set of large groupings. We're hoping to make our way through all Black Friday orders within two weeks so everything should be out the door by the 9th.

Oddworld and firewatch the same day? Or lone survivor firewatch same day? I'm confused I've been really busy and distracted and seen conflicting info.

Either way I'm super nervous. I might actually have to sell some things to make it work this month. Those aren't $25 titles right?

Sales are not an indicator of quality at all. Honestly, some of my favorite games bombed completely at retail.
Yeah, the same goes for movies, music, books, etc. A movie might just not do well, as it is released along side other movies that have an higher interest, and the same goes for games.

There are just way to many factors for things like this, but in this situation, I think we all agree it was the specific day that was the issue. Another release may have a different factor for slow sales, but I think a game lasting 2-3 days is really what everyone involved should really want and strive for, as it offers the most amount of potential customers access to the game.

Selling out in minutes is normally met with the opposite mind set, of "why wasn't more produced?". We all know where this road leads in the end, so I'm happy either way.

Oddworld and firewatch the same day? Or lone survivor firewatch same day? I'm confused I've been really busy and distracted and seen conflicting info.

Either way I'm super nervous. I might actually have to sell some things to make it work this month. Those aren't $25 titles right?
The only one of the 3 titles with a set date is Oddworld atm.

From the way they announced Lone Survivor and Firewatch, they're going to be on a different day than Stranger's Wrath, although, those two titles may end up on the same day, but still yet to be announced.

Stranger's Wrath and Firewatch are $30, while Lone Survivor will be $25.

The only one of the 3 titles with a set date is Oddworld atm.

From the way they announced Lone Survivor and Firewatch, they're going to be on a different day than Stranger's Wrath, although, those two titles may end up on the same day, but still yet to be announced.

Pretty sure LRG has said as recently as today that it is likely that Firewatch and Oddworld will be on the same day.

$30, WTF?! kind of shit is that? What the hell happened to $25?

Just kidding, can't wait for SW, as I probably would have paid more if need be.

I guess it's safe to say Cosmic Star Heroine isn't making it this year uh? Maybe it will be an early year release, as January would be cool to start off the year with a great title like this.

Pretty sure LRG has said as recently as today that it is likely that Firewatch and Oddworld will be on the same day.
Ah.

I wasn't aware they mentioned it today.

Wouldn't have an impact for me since I'm only in for Stranger's Wrath anyways. :D

$30, WTF?! kind of shit is that? What the hell happened to $25?

Just kidding, can't wait for SW, as I probably would have paid more if need be.
Just like the first Oddworld release. ;D

Why would you care? It's just words, they only have power if you yourself let them have power. Why would you let someone you don't even know personally effect you and have control over you?

Your games suck. Everything your company does is dog shit. You're just a pathetic turd. And your friends baby should have been hit on the head when it was born so the mom could sell the milk. In fact when the baby was born the Dr should have slapped the mom instead of the baby for letting it be born.

See, just words. They can't hurt you or effect you unless you let them.

If you go through life and only pay attention to what makes you happy and just shrug off stuff that doesn't you'll live a much more satisfying life. Don't like what one person out of several billion says? Just keep going, don't even waste a second of your energy on them.

It is completely and utterly futile to ever try and stand against an asshole because of what they say. You will never change their mind, the more you stand up the more they will also, if you take one down there are millions and millions of more just like them. The best thing you can do is not even think about it. Just think of them like I do, a empty bottle on the sidewalk that I don't even think about, I just step over it without a thought and keep right on going like it was second nature.

I buy alot from u guys and sorry that my honesty upset u or any others in here; im not the type to beat around the bush it is what it is. I have bought over 12 games from u guys and not doubles so dont say im not a fan. What am not a fan of is games such as stealth inc and obviously im not the only one going by how slow it sold.
1- You really need to learn how to spell and learn basic sentence structure.

2- Don't be that asshole who insults someone and uses that pathetically lame phrase "I'm just being honest" as if it gives you immunity from being a dick. It's a really pitiful way to feel justified to yourself in what you say. Kind of like how people say hurtful things to others and in order to protect themselves they follow it up with "I'm just kidding".

3- No one cares if you like the game or not. You're just one person out of billions. Why would anyone care if you don't like one game? That's why we have so damn many games, because not everyone likes everything game. You're insignificant in this world, and you're personal taste in just one video game is even less insignificant.

Like my grandma always said, just because you can act like a horses ass doesn't mean you have to.

bread's done
Back