Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The realization that I just dropped somewhere near $90 in the course of 30 seconds is starting to settle in. :shock:

One copy of each release plus a handful of those protect cases they have.  It stuff like this that keep me from saving up for anything substantial beyond games. :lol:

The realization that I just dropped somewhere near $90 in the course of 30 seconds is starting to settle in. :shock:

One copy of each release plus a handful of those protect cases they have. It stuff like this that keep me from saving up for anything substantial beyond games. :lol:
Who needs a house and a car and groceries and toilet paper when you have those sweet sweet plastic cases?

Manager to get Rainbow Moon at 9:04 my time (Central) then decided 4 minutes later I wanted Shadow Complex for my kids (thinking they'll finally get the PS4 they want come Christmas) and managed to get it. Almost forgot about this today. Glad I checked CAG at 8:54 - took a while to get logged in and I just made it in time to order.
Yeah, muh huh... suuuuure :p

Funny how LRG sends an email at 10:09am EST titled "Rainbow Moon and Shadow Complex are now available!"

Yeah, guys...I don't think so.
I didn't get that email until 10:34. Was good for a laugh. That of course did not stop me from clicking on the "Buy now" buttons for the RM soundtrack.. you know.. just in case.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to get all 3 releases, but SC was delayed(at least in my browser), and I didn't want to miss out on RM, so I said to hell with it.

I'm still waiting to hear back from LRG in regards to my last order where my replacement Vita cases arrived damaged. Now with another round of orders, no telling when I may get this sorted out. Oh well, at least I'm still 100% on their Vita releases.

I guess I'll send another email later today if I don't hear back.

Seems like you really have to be online at 10am on the dot to have a shot at these now.
That's why I've been setting reminders via my Google Calendar for 60, 30 and 15 minutes beforehand, both for the 10AM and 6PM sale timeframes. I used to order them from home before I ran to work though now I've had a schedule change and hauled ass to get to work by 10AM ET to make sure I have no issues.

I've done them on my phone for one of the sales, though that's harder when you're trying to use Paypal to pay for it.

750 people managed to do what he did before the rest of us who waited until 9 couldn't. So yes.

If 750 people theoretically commited the same crime at the same time, they are all not 1/750th guilty.
I didn't know the soundtracks were on sale early. I logged into LRG a few minutes early like I normally do, saw no games though saw the soundtracks, said "oh fuck", bought them and waited a few minutes later to get the games.

Sorry to hear you didn't get what you wanted, though it's not my doing. You must take ownership of your actions and not blame others for them.

One copy of each release plus a handful of those protect cases they have. It stuff like this that keep me from saving up for anything substantial beyond games. :lol:
I spent $4500 on a Neo Geo and Turbografx lot last week.

Well I was debating on Rez but that shipping pretty much confirms I'll wait for a better deal, which there undoubtedly will be later if orders stay up for months.

Since first classing a game costs like $2.50, that's a straight $10 handling charge there.

His prices are insane btw. $75 for a record? Sure, it's cool, but if punk and indie bands can do colored vinyl for less than fifteen bucks, then even with licensing you'd expect it to be like 30 max.

I spent $4500 on a Neo Geo and Turbografx lot last week.
I am sure that you got a great deal as both of those systems are on the higher end when it comes to collecting, but as much as I love video games and collecting part of the thrill for me is getting incredible deals and the hunt itself. It'd be hard to part with that kind of money all at once .

Well I was debating on Rez but that shipping pretty much confirms I'll wait for a better deal, which there undoubtedly will be later if orders stay up for months.

Since first classing a game costs like $2.50, that's a straight $10 handling charge there.

His prices are insane btw. $75 for a record? Sure, it's cool, but if punk and indie bands can do colored vinyl for less than fifteen bucks, then even with licensing you'd expect it to be like 30 max.
Yeah I think I'll wait a bit.

Bit unrelated but it Shovel Knight for Vita still up for Pre-Order?

I went through the checkout and the shipping for the US was $5 media mail for up to 2 copies, and then $7 for 3-5 copies, so nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned shipping cost.

There is still tax though, so you may be charged that.

Yeah I think I'll wait a bit.

Bit unrelated but it Shovel Knight for Vita still up for Pre-Order?
Yep, they probably won't close it until it's closer to October, like mid to late September.

http://www.fangamer.com/products/shovel-knight-for-ps-vita

Unless you want to wait for digital deal, you are u likely to get any discount for something like this

I was able to pick up both vita and PS4 versions of Rainbow Moons. Not interested in them as I want to use it as trading fodder for a copy of Solder-X which I got screwed out of on both sessions last time. In all I placed 3 orders. One for the soundtracks, one for rainbow moon (which went live first for some bizzarre reason) and one for Shadow Complex.

Honestly, LRG should make a pre-order window available and print out as many copies as preordered like Mondo or IAm8Bit. It's the fairest option and the games would still be very limited.
What's Mondo?

Couldn't get Rainbow Moon Vita this morning.  I kept getting a stock error over and over when going to my cart even after refreshing my cart and clearing it and retrying.  Ended up giving up.

Ended up picking up Rez shortly after it went live.   Process went smoothly.  I was shocked by the shipping costs too but then noticed the $5 media mail option and to me that is perfectly fine (same as LRG right?).  I don't need it day 1 or week 1 for that matter... just securing a copy and knowing it'll be mine is good enough.  $45 for a game considered to be AAA in it's genre (not just by reputation, I owned the PAL import original for Dreamcast) is PLENTY fair to me.   Plus this is the benefits of both worlds... it's still going to be limited but just not cut the developer away from all the profits they could make.  Maybe it won't be as limited as LRG games but it's surely going to be more limited than traditional games that show up at regular retail outlets.  Even if it doesn't appreciate in $$$ value, I think I'll value owning it in my collection a whole lot more than I would have Rainbow Moon on vita (especially since I already got it free with PS+).

Here are the shipping options for Rez (I'm in Alabama):

USPS Media Mail $ 5.00
FedEx Ground Home Delivery (4 business days) $ 12.66
USPS Priority Mail 2-Day $ 13.49
FedEx Express Saver (3 business days) $ 22.81
FedEx 2 Day (2 business days) $ 27.91
USPS Priority Mail Express 2-Day $ 43.68

I went through the checkout and the shipping for the US was $5 media mail for up to 2 copies, and then $7 for 3-5 copies, so nowhere near as bad as the aforementioned shipping cost.
Wonder if that's actually first class. They really shouldnt be using media mail to ship games.

Unless you want to wait for digital deal, you are u likely to get any discount for something like this
Hoping for a race to the bottom with scalpers or a used copy on ebay with this somewhere down the line. Otherwise digital is fine. Not paying near $60 for a remastered decades old game.

Wonder if that's actually first class. They really shouldnt be using media mail to ship games.
They shouldn't, but most places still do it anyways, and knowing iam8bit's history, it's probably media mail.

Basically because they have combined shipping costs for the games, so it wouldn't work as well with first class since the prices will get jumped up considerably once the weight exceeds that method.

At least with media mail it's easier to regulate because it's based off pounds rather than counting ounces, so they clearly prefer to cut costs down from that front, even though they aren't supposed to.

Some specifics on how many copies were available this morning:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=214229496#post214229496

Rainbow Moon Vita - 2,070 copies
Rainbow Moon PS4 - 2,070 copies
Shadow Complex PS4 - 4,500 copies
Shadow Complex Bundle - 337 copies
Each separate Soundtrack -201 copies

It looks like they're allocating >50% of the inventory to the first batch.

And there's still over 1,000 copies of Shadow Complex available at the moment.
This is really interesting. I'm glad to hear they are doing it this way, allocating about 2/3 stock to the morning release since things always stay available for longer during the afternoon drop.

That's odd.

Did you not get the media mail option?

I know that's how much the FedEx option cost around $12.60.
Only got the media mail for the LP. I'm only interested in the game (vinyl is way too expensive for me to justify).

EDIT: Just tried again. Now I'm getting a media mail option for the game. Not sure why that wasn't showing earlier.

I'm not a collector, but I loved the original Shadow Complex so much I went and bought a physical copy here.  Glad it was still available since I forgot to buy it early this morning.  :whistle2:

I'm not a collector, but I loved the original Shadow Complex so much I went and bought a physical copy here. Glad it was still available since I forgot to buy it early this morning. :whistle2:
Those are looking like they'll be available into tomorrow, so you were fine. ;D

I wish I could have bought 2x RM for Vita. Might have been able to trade one copy for Oddworld or Futuridium...:whistle2:k Would be nice if they limited it to 2 per title, rather than system but that would probably complicate things even more.

This is really interesting. I'm glad to hear they are doing it this way, allocating about 2/3 stock to the morning release since things always stay available for longer during the afternoon drop.
I wonder if all the errors in the afternoon batch last time influenced that decision. Like maybe Shopify generally has more activity in the afternoon, which could result in more issues. Wouldn't be too surprising if more people were buying stuff in the afternoon vs morning.

Anyone successfully had them change billing info? I think I placed my order too quickly this morning and made a mistake. I emailed the right after, but haven't heard back from them yet.

First time I missed out on one of the vita games. Looks like I'll have to scour the like of Evilbay for a copy of Rainbow Moon now since I won't be able to order one at 6   :wall:

I'm going to have to hold off on Rez Infinite. Promised myself I would stop collecting quite so much. I need to draw the line somewhere. And I'm not sure that I want to buy a Playstation VR at launch. Might wait a while on that. So a physical copy of Rez Infinite will have to be a wait-and-see proposal. It might be too rare eventually, but I'll just accept that.

from LRG twitter posted 2 hours ago

Down to just 300 copies left of the first batch of Shadow Complex! That will account for nearly 5,000 copies sold leaving 1,900 for 6PM.

I'm kinda wondering if I should have gotten the boxed shipment... Not worried about the games, but worried about the RM OST. Those jewel cases are brittle as hell.  

I wonder if I can retroactively order boxed shipment for my games?:whistle2:

I'm kinda wondering if I should have gotten the boxed shipment... Not worried about the games, but worried about the RM OST. Those jewel cases are brittle as hell.

I wonder if I can retroactively order boxed shipment for my games? :whistle2:k
I hope you're ready for your crushed jewel case. :D

Have they said when the games are actually shipping out?
Typically they say up to two weeks, but it's always been about a week for my orders, which were all from the morning batch.

I wonder if I can retroactively order boxed shipment for my games? :whistle2:k
The last couple of soundtracks they've sent them in a sealed, fitted, carboard mailer. It shouldn't crack.

bread's done
Back