Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Just got hit with a fee for my college textbooks. Really hate to sell my games :(
I don't think I even bothered to open most of my books during college... outside of my math books. Sucks though that you never really know what books you'll need so you need to buy them anyway.

Things are much better now than they used to be a few years ago when I was in school.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh, I don't miss that. Have you tried renting through Amazon? Saved me a ton of money on my final year of school.

Really sucks if you have to sell your games, though.
I haven't tried that mainly because I have bad luck when it comes to renting stuff ends up getting damaged because of my siblings or my dogs. Plus owning the books costed a few dollars more compared to renting it here.

I'll take some game's off your hand's for a decent price[emoji2]
So far, I'm only planning on selling Rainbow Moon for vita. I already listed it at eBay for the lowest BIN price so if you are interested, PM me.

I bought a $100+ book before and took pictures of it. Then I returned it.

Have you tried searching online to see if anyone uploaded a digital copy of it? That sometimes work

I haven't tried that mainly because I have bad luck when it comes to renting stuff ends up getting damaged because of my siblings or my dogs. Plus owning the books costed a few dollars more compared to renting it here.

So far, I'm only planning on selling Rainbow Moon for vita. I already listed it at eBay for the lowest BIN price so if you are interested, PM me.
The question is where you rent it from.

If you rent it from your own bookstore, it's probably not going to be much cheaper.

I've rented books on Amazon for $18 when the textbook was $118 used in store, and $56 to rent, so I just stopped renting textbooks from the campus store, and did it through Amazon.

As long as it's an actual "textbook", Amazon will have the option to rent it, and all you have to do is ship it back to them at the end of the semester, and you don't have to lug those things back to campus to return them instead, or wait in lines just to give them back their books.

Darn already have it.

Well, my LRG order just reached town, and if not for the holiday, I guess I would have gotten it tomorrow. Now it looks like Tuesday will be the day, but I'm in no rush. I'm just hoping to not have a loose disc(fingers crossed).

After spending the weekend playing Soldner and Rainbow Moon (got mine on Friday), I feel compelled to pump up LRG's great taste in games. I started this whole thing thinking I'd only pick up the games that looked especially interesting to me, but I'm going to start picking up more since the ones they're choosing to publish are so good. I'm not a huge fan of shmups, and I've been drifting away from JRPGs lately, but I had a great time with both Soldner and RM. That makes LRG 4 for 4 with me so far (Oddworld and Xeodrifter being the other two).

It's not as though these games are completely unknown or anything, but many of them flew under my radar. There's little chance I would have played them if not for LRG catering to my affinity for both physical media and limited releases. Since those two aspects of their business make up most of our discussion here, I just wanted to take a moment to also recognize the quality of the games themselves. Even if you leave your copies sealed, they're worth downloading and trying out.

Well played, gentlemen.

Just got hit with a fee for my college textbooks. Really hate to sell my games :(
Check with your teachers to make sure you actually need the books. The programming classes I teach at the local community college all "require" a $60 book but it's literally used once for a single assignment. None of the course material requires it outside of a single project.

I used to buy all my textbooks on half.com - I'd buy the lowest condition book listed so long as it didn't have water damage or missing pages. I never had a problem selling them back to the on campus book store at the end of the year. They seemed to only check for water damage and missing pages. Oftentimes I'd end up profiting when I sold my books back vs what I originally paid.

FOUR DAYS!

EXCITEDMENT!

giphy.gif

Just sold my rainbow moon. I feel dirty for selling it but college is more important than games.
I think that was probably a wise decision. It is grindy in a very unrewarding (pushing IAP dual currencies) kind of way compared to something like Digaea or FFT. Still if you want to play RM you can always get RM later if you didn't get it free on PS+.

Debatable.
As is every decision in life. There isn't a one size fits all answer.

My Rainbow Moon order arrived today, and everything is perfect. I only ordered 1 copy for each system, as SC wasn't up at the start, and I didn't want to miss RM, so I just passed on SC.

The PS4 disc is intact, and my sticker and post card actually arrived in decent shape, as those often arrive in less than great condition.

I'm looking forward to the upcoming releases. Hopefully the fulfillment center got their shit together.

Got my copies of rainbow moon vita and ps4, shadow complex and octodad tie but shadow complex was loose 😲

Still waiting on my soundtracks.

3rd game for Sept. is Volume. Josh told Adrian on the twitch stream that he was on 3rd Sept. game creator's podcast. Looked up Adrian along with the word podcast and the guy making Volume's podcast popped up which is also a preciously announced game. I might be wrong, but I doubt Adrian has been on any other Game dev podcasts.

Got my Rainbow Moon Vita & PS4 and Shadow Complex + soundtrack today. They were all done in one order. I still have a separate order for the Rainbow Moon soundtrack that hasn't been filled.

3rd game for Sept. is Volume. Josh told Adrian on the twitch stream that he was on 3rd Sept. game creator's podcast. Looked up Adrian along with the word podcast and the guy making Volume's podcast popped up which is also a preciously announced game. I might be wrong, but I doubt Adrian has been on any other Game dev podcasts.
Ehh I'm not so into that game...youre probably right, but I'm kinda hoping you're wrong lol.

Got my games, no loose discs! Yay! OSTs still haven't shipped though... 

On a side note, I like now LRG includes a checklist with every game as a reminder for all the games I don't have and can't buy anymore. 

Sexy Unboxing of Limited run 15-17 (interactive video)... I lost the PS4 version of Rainbow moon somehow... but it's just like the PS Vita.

[media]https://youtu.be/roaBFevr5hU[/media]

Let me know what you guys think... I put a lot of work into it, but it's nothing like my sexy Resident Evil Origins Collection vid.

My order of Shadow Complex Remastered and Rainbow Moon Vita had been in NC since the 2nd. I was supposed to get it today. Darn USPS. :x

My Shadow Complex PS4 and Rainbow Moon PS4 & Vita order showed up today.  Everything tossed into an oversized bubble mailer, no air-pack or anything else in there.   Both PS4 games are floaters. 

Oh, the humanity.  

I realized that the annotations on my main video that link to the main unboxing when you have to "choose your destiny" doesn't seem to work all the time... So here are three direct videos...

MAIN
[media]https://youtu.be/roaBFevr5hU[\media]

SHADOW COMPLEX sexy
[media]https://youtu.be/KQvGYVfOWk4[\media]

RAINBOW MOON PS VITA sexy
[media]https://youtu.be/v4MHsQFno4U[\media]

Got my copies but as usual a loose disk lol feel bad for those who plan on trying to sell these off later. I  open all mine so no complaining here.

My Shadow Complex PS4 and Rainbow Moon PS4 & Vita order showed up today. Everything tossed into an oversized bubble mailer, no air-pack or anything else in there. Both PS4 games are floaters.

Oh, the humanity.
Same here with the jumbo bubble mailer. Not really liking it as it seems to be too big, allowing the games to easily jostle and move around the package with even the slightest movement. I lucked out though as both of my PS4 discs were not floaters.

if you order two games why dont you get 2 cards really really lame... i got rainbow for vita and one for ps4.. only got 1 card
Was kind of wondering this myself. Also, same with the stickers. Figured each game would be good for one of each. Though I understand they are technically bonus items so I'll be happy with whatever.

Got my copies but as usual a loose disk lol feel bad for those who plan on trying to sell these off later. I open all mine so no complaining here.
There has been no mention of anything changing so nothing will ever improve in this situation.

I understand it's a small team but some of the service is really piss poor. I've sent e-mail before and no one even bothered to respond.

My copies of Rainbow Moon Vita and Shadow Complex PS4 arrived yesterday in the standard black bubble mailer.

I did not have a loose disc with Shadow Complex and this is the first PS4 game I have ordered from Limited Run.

Got Rainbow Moon PS4 and Vita in one regular bubble mailer and a larger bubble mailer had my two copies of shadow complex.  Still have not received my Soldner X-2 yet

bread's done
Back