Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure where the 50K minimum for Nintendo print runs came from but I seem to remember Yacht Club Games mentioning a 10K or 20K minimum for the XBox platforms and that was too large for YCG so they canceled the XBox One version, so I imagined Nintendo would be less than that.

Do you work for LRG? If not, why are you posting walls of text about why they can't work with certain manufacturers or publishers? The minimum print run for Nintendo games is not 50K. While it's certainly higher than the low number Sony requires, Jason Rohner was able to do a licensed 3DS game with just 6,000 copies, of which 1,000 were a special edition with different cover art and contents. There are many niche games from other publishers that have only slightly higher print runs. LRG has talked about the difficulties of working with Nintendo and Microsoft on numerous occasions and print runs are only one of many factors that make such efforts difficult at this time, but not impossible in the future.
Yeah, I think LRG will eventually have some "N" system based games happen. It will just take a publisher who has a good relationship with them and the pull to help make it happen.

As anyone who has followed "N" for any length of time knows they do nothing "fast", so they may even be working on a few titles now, but they may not happen until this time next year, or somewhere down the road.

I think the 2 Phoenix Wright e-shop titles could most definitely get a 6000 run, and it would sale well enough, and I also think Capcom would have the pull to make it happen, but it's a matter of "want". I don't think some of these places really care if a game gets physical or not, as their only concern is "$".

Most of these smaller games and runs are just about getting their work to as many people as possible, and physical isn't really hurting anything, so why not? It's these big publishers who think their shit don't stink, who are going to be the hard cases when it comes to making physical anything happen.

Yeah, not sure where the 50K minimum for Nintendo print runs came from but I seem to remember Yacht Club Games mentioning a 10K or 20K minimum for the XBox platforms and that was too large for YCG so they canceled the XBox One version, so I imagined Nintendo would be less than that.
I also think the "N" versions where their best sellers across platforms, so even if "N" where that high, there was a greater chance of sale through with them, than with MS. But they very well may have offered smaller runs as well.

World of goo was a fun Nintendo game I'd buy physical. I would definitely stop being every release if they included Xbox and Nintendo though.

There's stuff I'd buy from each, but the reason I buy every Sony release is because I already started it lol.

World of goo was a fun Nintendo game I'd buy physical. I would definitely stop being every release if they included Xbox and Nintendo though.

There's stuff I'd buy from each, but the reason I buy every Sony release is because I already started it lol.
Yeah, it would for sure depend on the titles for me. But considering how the qty would be larger than the average Vita titles LRG does, I'm sure the games would be wider audience releases, so the chances are good I would want most of the "N" ones, especially something like PW.

The 3DS has a lot of great games that would be great physical, but I only see maybe a few Wii U titles getting done, if any, especially considering it's on the way out, and the qty minimums probably wouldn't sale through unless it's a major release.

I don't own a PS4/ONE so those titles are pretty much of no interest currently.

Do you work for LRG? If not, why are you posting walls of text about why they can't work with certain manufacturers or publishers? The minimum print run for Nintendo games is not 50K. While it's certainly higher than the low number Sony requires, Jason Rohner was able to do a licensed 3DS game with just 6,000 copies, of which 1,000 were a special edition with different cover art and contents. There are many niche games from other publishers that have only slightly higher print runs. LRG has talked about the difficulties of working with Nintendo and Microsoft on numerous occasions and print runs are only one of many factors that make such efforts difficult at this time, but not impossible in the future.
Now I'm curious what the 3 DS game is...

There's nothing LRG can do that can make everyone happy. Honestly, I think their system is pretty good as it stands.

My only complaint was with how they handled the SMRPG bundles recently. Scalpers had a huge advantage with the random times since they rely on scripts to buy items as soon as they go up and they literally spend all day buying stuff. I could check on my phone while at work but I also have to actually work and couldn't just refresh the page all day. I know the chances weren't great either way but I feel like an announced time would have been better.
Did you want the vinyl record or just the game or both?

By sheer luck I happened to be online when the few bundles went live and snagged a PS4 one. But I'm not as concerned about the record, if that's what you were after we can talk about it.

Did you want the vinyl record or just the game or both?

By sheer luck I happened to be online when the few bundles went live and snagged a PS4 one. But I'm not as concerned about the record, if that's what you were after we can talk about it.
Wanted the game. I ended up getting the Vinyl in the 2nd batch but I was really hoping for a shot at the game.

Congrats man on snagging a copy, you're in a rare class.:)

Wanted the game. I ended up getting the Vinyl in the 2nd batch but I was really hoping for a shot at the game.

Congrats man on snagging a copy, you're in a rare class. :)
I was able to get one as well. I was freaking out when I was able to check out with it.

My tracking updated last night... Dragon Fantasy TBToI is already at the local post office and is set to deliver today. :D/
Too late, I stole it.

2z4cr4p.jpg

Too late, I stole it.
I picked mine up during my lunch break. Looks your art card is bent up a bit. Mine was bent on one corner. Not a big deal... no one is perfect at shipping.

I'm just glad to have a way to play this version of the game on Vita. I have a feeling this could easily become the most valuable of the games released thus far once people realize it's not just limited as a physical release but also that it's not on the NA PSN store at all for this upgraded version. Time will tell.

I picked mine up during my lunch break. Looks your art card is bent up a bit. Mine was bent on one corner. Not a big deal... no one is perfect at shipping.

I'm just glad to have a way to play this version of the game on Vita. I have a feeling this could easily become the most valuable of the games released thus far once people realize it's not just limited as a physical release but also that it's not on the NA PSN store at all for this upgraded version. Time will tell.
yeah bent a little, not a deal breaker since it goes in the pile with the rest. (and i'll probably never even look at it again)

Got my copy of Dragon Fantasy today.  Card a little bent. 

Never did get the card for Soldner from the fulfillment center messing up that order.

Still kicking myself for missing SMRPG, Futuridium, and Xeodrifter.  I am only after the Vita set now.  I spent way too much to obtain Breach & Clear with having actually nabbed the bundle they put up, and now im not sure how I will manage to get these 3 while also getting the future vita ones.  :(

Got my copy of Dragon Fantasy today. Card a little bent.

Never did get the card for Soldner from the fulfillment center messing up that order.

Still kicking myself for missing SMRPG, Futuridium, and Xeodrifter. I am only after the Vita set now. I spent way too much to obtain Breach & Clear with having actually nabbed the bundle they put up, and now im not sure how I will manage to get these 3 while also getting the future vita ones. :(
Yeah, my cards are always a little bent. Not a big deal, as none are really bad.

The prices for the games your missing aren't in to the stratosphere yet, so if you wan't those titles, you should buy them quick before they go up further.

Yeah, my cards are always a little bent. Not a big deal, as none are really bad.

The prices for the games your missing aren't in to the stratosphere yet, so if you wan't those titles, you should buy them quick before they go up further.
I have been watching fleabay, as thats likely to be my only source. So far things are already above what id be willing to pay, so it may just come down to black friday sale for a couple and accept that i wont get them all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbSNN406Np8

This was pretty good. Too bad they got the Retro City Rampage numbers wrong. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely a problem with the PS4 cases, really flimsy design.  

I got out my DS collection and started picking up some of the games I missed, and remembered how great those cases were.  Really thick and can stand up nicely on their own.  So not only are new games seeing cheaper releases with manuals being left out, but it's apparently too expensive to make durable cases that hold the disc during shipping.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely a problem with the PS4 cases, really flimsy design.

I got out my DS collection and started picking up some of the games I missed, and remembered how great those cases were. Really thick and can stand up nicely on their own. So not only are new games seeing cheaper releases with manuals being left out, but it's apparently too expensive to make durable cases that hold the disc during shipping.
Yes, it definitely makes you appreciate simple things. The cases today are ridiculously cheap especially those stupid "eco-friendly" cases with the recycle symbol cut-out.

I agree that this is a definite problem with PS4 games because I have tons of sealed games that arrived with loose discs outside LRG releases.

Got my copy of Dragon Fantasy today. Between this and Shadow Complex, I'm 2 for 2 on loose discs... Ugh!
It's very simple. LRG charge you $4 on shipping but it'll cost them less than $1.25 to shipped out your package and it took 5-7 days hit your door. If they pump up $1.75 and it get to you 2-3 days is way different. Chance we receiving loose discs 25% out off 100%. This is all LRG false for keeping extra $$$ on shipping. Both of mine & my friend copy is loose disc. I will stay away from LRG physical Disc copy now. I'll only go after Vita version. Thinking get both PS4 & Vita next week but now only VITA is on my wanted list.

It's very simple. LRG charge you $4 on shipping but it'll cost them less than $1.25 to shipped out your package and it took 5-7 days hit your door. If they pump up $1.75 and it get to you 2-3 days is way different. Chance we receiving loose discs 25% out off 100%. This is all LRG false for keeping extra $$$ on shipping. Both of mine & my friend copy is loose disc. I will stay away from LRG physical Disc copy now. I'll only go after Vita version. Thinking get both PS4 & Vita next week but now only VITA is on my wanted list.
Where in the world do you get $1.25 for shipping for each of these? Do you not understand the concept of current shipping rates, mailers, labor and overhead? $4 is a bargain.

Lol. $1.25 shipping.

Ahahaah
Cry so more, $1.25 go do some research before you start pulling random numbers .

Anyone posted an unboxing of Dragon Fantasy yet? I'm excited for mine to arrive and wanted to see if it comes with a manual and why it's a "Special Edition".

Anyone posted an unboxing of Dragon Fantasy yet? I'm excited for mine to arrive and wanted to see if it comes with a manual and why it's a "Special Edition".
Dragon Fantasy: The Black Tome of Ice is the DEFINITIVE EDITION of the second Dragon Fantasy game. With an extensive list of tweaks, improvements, and changes, including new dialogue (to ensure those who never played Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria will be up-to-speed and ready to go), new bestiary (track the monsters you’ve defeated and captured!), new items, new boss, and a difficulty slider

My Dragon Fantasy came with loose disc. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Same here. I get that loose discs are a problem in general with PS4 games, they just seem to be that much more of a problem for people buying LRG releases because of the nature of the product. Hard to replace something that's not replaceable. That said, PS4 games are virtually unscratchable so in the end it usually works out.

I'm not posting an unboxing video but I did open mine to check on the loose disc. No manual, but there is a small paper insert with a picture of the game's title on it.

It's very simple. You don't know what you're talking about.

It may very well be up to local P.O.'s and sorting centers as to whether or not you get a loose disc as all 10 of my PS4 orders have been fine.
Most sorting is done by machine. I would guess that the closer you are, the less likely you are to receive loose discs (as it goes through fewer machines) but luck plays a huge rule in it. Even then though, I've received a disproportionate number of PS4 games with loose discs. I also have to wonder what LRG does with any copies that they receive with loose discs. I mean, their games come in big boxes with no cushioning...

With that said, I was able to fix a loose disc PS4 game today. After 3 excahnges with Amazon and 3 loose discs, I said fuck it... yeah the case looks fucked up (smothered in, indents on the back) but whatever...

Did Ska Studios just let one slip? Because Salt and Sanctuary would be an amazing LRG release.
https://mobile.twitter.com/skastudios/status/779501568529829888
Snap...

bread's done
Back