Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I forgot to mention that I wish LRG sends extra postcards and stickers for multiple items. Like if I buy 2 copies of One Way (PS4 and Vita) I should get 2 sets of postcard/sticker.

I forgot to mention that I wish LRG sends extra postcards and stickers for multiple items. Like if I buy 2 copies of One Way (PS4 and Vita) I should get 2 sets of postcard/sticker.
I fully support this statement. I know someone said you could get extras if you place separate orders but... that seems kinda overkill. I'd rather there be an option to pay $1 or $2 for them to throw in extra cards (same way we can do the option for boxed shipment or for the protective case) if you order multiple copies of a game.

In other news, kinda related, but I got an email from BBY saying Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is expected to ship Dec 12. Really hope this doesn't effect my KS bundle... I'll be out of town for basically all of Dec and I don't want my KS goodies sitting around.

I fully support this statement. I know someone said you could get extras if you place separate orders but... that seems kinda overkill. I'd rather there be an option to pay $1 or $2 for them to throw in extra cards (same way we can do the option for boxed shipment or for the protective case) if you order multiple copies of a game.

In other news, kinda related, but I got an email from BBY saying Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero is expected to ship Dec 12. Really hope this doesn't effect my KS bundle... I'll be out of town for basically all of Dec and I don't want my KS goodies sitting around.
Out of curiosity, what do you actually do with the extra cards? Why isn't one enough? With regard to Shantae, there is still no official release date and given how slow they have been to develop the game and handle everything else, I think there is almost no chance physical rewards will be shipped this year, even if the game sneaks out in late November, early December.

Out of curiosity, what do you actually do with the extra cards? Why isn't one enough? With regard to Shantae, there is still no official release date and given how slow they have been to develop the game and handle everything else, I think there is almost no chance physical rewards will be shipped this year, even if the game sneaks out in late November, early December.
The whole 1 card per copy (vs per order) isn't a make or break thing, but it would be nice to keep things consistent. I consider it part of an LRG game, even if it's not included inside the case or anything. And again, I'm not asking for it for free, I'd pay a few bucks for an extra (just not $5).

Wayforward did say they're moving the release back 6 weeks from the original 9/27 date. Even if there wasn't an exact date, it was kind of official release date change. If the BBY update is accurate, then they're now pushing it back another month. I'll wait for an official statement but I really hope they KS goods get sent before then... although they've never said anything about when we'd get them.

Out of curiosity, what do you actually do with the extra cards? Why isn't one enough?
I know Vinny answered, but resell value might be affected if it comes with the extras or not. If you buy 2, one to keep and one to flip... having the extra cards would be a good thing.

I know Vinny answered, but resell value might be affected if it comes with the extras or not. If you buy 2, one to keep and one to flip... having the extra cards would be a good thing.
I can't imagine there's a lot of people that care about the cards themselves. The last time this was mentioned, I think trunks and myself were the only two people who actually cared about 1 card per copy thing.:lol:

As long as I get my goodies then I can wait til December. But it must be frustrating since you'll be out of town if it does ship that day.

In regards to the KS bundles shipping out, I saw Wayforward tweet out that the bundles should be shipping out around the same day that the game releases. Maybe even before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
As long as I get my goodies then I can wait til December. But it must be frustrating since you'll be out of town of it does ship that day.

In regards to the KS bundles shipping out, I saw Wayforward tweet out that the bundles should be shipping out around the same day that the game releases. Maybe even before that.
Thanks for the info about their Tweet regarding the ship date... I've been getting the KS emails and I don't think any of them even mentioned when the KS bonuses were gonna ship.

So, I just checked the tracking on my latest order on the USPS website and it said it was delivered to someone at my address at 11:50am today.  The only problem is no one was home at my address today until 4:30 so it wasn't delivered correctly to my address.  Either that or the post office is lying about delivery.  Assuming it doesn't show up Friday what are my options for getting the games I ordered?

If it was delivered to the wrong address it makes me feel a little uneasy about my neighborhood that there are people living here that keep other people's mail for themselves.  I know if I received someone else's package I would either return it to the post office or hand deliver it myself.  I wouldn't keep it as my own - that's kind of despicable.

So, I just checked the tracking on my latest order on the USPS website and it said it was delivered to someone at my address at 11:50am today. The only problem is no one was home at my address today until 4:30 so it wasn't delivered correctly to my address. Either that or the post office is lying about delivery. Assuming it doesn't show up Friday what are my options for getting the games I ordered?

If it was delivered to the wrong address it makes me feel a little uneasy about my neighborhood that there are people living here that keep other people's mail for themselves. I know if I received someone else's package I would either return it to the post office or hand deliver it myself. I wouldn't keep it as my own - that's kind of despicable.
It may come tomorrow. Sometimes a package will scan in as Delivered but not get actually delivered until the next day. I'm not sure why that is, but I've had this happen to me a couple times already this year.

So, I just checked the tracking on my latest order on the USPS website and it said it was delivered to someone at my address at 11:50am today. The only problem is no one was home at my address today until 4:30 so it wasn't delivered correctly to my address. Either that or the post office is lying about delivery. Assuming it doesn't show up Friday what are my options for getting the games I ordered?

If it was delivered to the wrong address it makes me feel a little uneasy about my neighborhood that there are people living here that keep other people's mail for themselves. I know if I received someone else's package I would either return it to the post office or hand deliver it myself. I wouldn't keep it as my own - that's kind of despicable.
Mail carrier most likely scanned it and will drop it off tomorrow.

It may come tomorrow. Sometimes a package will scan in as Delivered but not get actually delivered until the next day. I'm not sure why that is, but I've had this happen to me a couple times already this year.
I'm sure like anything else it comes down to performance and stats. I've had it happen too.

The weird thing is I actually had 3 packages that were marked as delivered today - this one and ones from Amazon and Best Buy. All of the tracking on them showed the same delivery information - that they were delivered at 11:50am and left with someone at my address. The odd thing is the Amazon package actually was delivered - but it was left in my mailbox. The mailbox is locked so only the postal carrier can access it so they definitely delivered that one. The other two packages though are nowhere to be found. I'll probably see what happens tomorrow then go to the local post office if they don't get delivered.

My most recent order arrived safe and sound. Thomas Was Alone and One Way Heroics both look good on the shelf. I think I'll grab my Vita and throw One Way Heroics in to try out while I'm house-sitting.

I got my copies of Thomas Was Alone and Mystery Chronicles. I got the little postcard thing they usually send with each game but no stickers this time. Makes my collection of Limited Run stuff look incomplete now.

Speaking of covers... who designs them and who has any say in what the final cover will be? Doomstink said the cover art stays LRG's property but does LRG design it themselves or do they work with the dev's to make the cover art? 

I honestly think most of the LRG covers are pretty cool... but yeah, Rainbow Moon's cover was pretty meh. Haven't received Thomas Was Alone yet but there really isn't much that can be said about that game. 

The PS4 version of Rainbow Moon got the cool cover art while the Vita version just got "Rainbow Moon" and a whole lot of empty space. smh

Thanks for the info about their Tweet regarding the ship date... I've been getting the KS emails and I don't think any of them even mentioned when the KS bonuses were gonna ship.
Hey don't know if you need this anymore but here is the Twitter quote.
Wayforward said:
The physical rewards will be shipped at about the same time as the game's release. More to come about them in future updates.

Speaking of covers... who designs them and who has any say in what the final cover will be? Doomstink said the cover art stays LRG's property but does LRG design it themselves or do they work with the dev's to make the cover art?

I honestly think most of the LRG covers are pretty cool... but yeah, Rainbow Moon's cover was pretty meh. Haven't received Thomas Was Alone yet but there really isn't much that can be said about that game.
Most of the time, the developers design the cover art. If they don't have the bandwidth they'll defer the task to me (I did the Shantae covers and One Way Heroics). The Rainbow Moon cover was an attempt to go for a similar style as the Japanese PS1 FF releases. Thomas Was Alone was just supposed to be minimal to match the aesthetic of the game. The beautiful gold foil cover on Volume should be considered redemption for the lackluster Thomas art. ;)

Has there been any date announcement made for Salt and Sanctuary? I'm really excited to see that it's getting a physical release. 

Not yet, we want to put it up for sale with the Vita version. That is taking a while in development but it is progressing nicely.

Not yet, we want to put it up for sale with the Vita version. That is taking a while in development but it is progressing nicely.
I'm sure you hear it all the time, but thanks for being here and listening to everyone's gripes and compliments. Whenever a developer or publisher hits the boards I always feel like they are going above and beyond to make things as transparent as possible, and it's appreciated.

Is there a reason you guys don't have a coming soon section on your website? I've seen games announced on Twitter but without the OP list, I'd completely forget some of the games you guys are working on releasing.

I'm sure you hear it all the time, but thanks for being here and listening to everyone's gripes and compliments. Whenever a developer or publisher hits the boards I always feel like they are going above and beyond to make things as transparent as possible, and it's appreciated.
Completely agree here. I wasn't super interested in the last batch but I ended up buying all of the games anyway, simply b/c I support the cause and people behind it.

Just wanted to give an update on this, and you were right, my LRG package was delivered with today's mail, exactly one day after tracking said it was left with someone at my residence. So all is well. Really wish the USPS would leave accurate info with their tracking and not mark stuff off as completed early. It's best not to fuck around with a man's LRG package info ;)

Both Vita games arrived in excellent condition as usual. Of the PS4 games, TWA was in great condition and OWH was a loose disc. Can't win them all I guess. The pink bubble mailer was a nice touch I thought, too.

USPS has been kind of weird lately. There have been numerous times in the past few months where I get mail twice in one day. I think they are delivering some packages separately from the regular mail using a USPS minivan.

USPS has been kind of weird lately. There have been numerous times in the past few months where I get mail twice in one day. I think they are delivering some packages separately from the regular mail using a USPS minivan.
When it comes to USPS, this could be caused by any number of situations. If the regular postman is out sick, they may not have another person to cover the route, so then they may hand off portions to multiple postman. In that situation, all your mail should still only come from one person, but that requires the mail to have been split up properly at the start.

Sometimes if the parcels amounts are "heavy", they may also break them up, but this only really happens at holiday time when the amounts are through the roof. So the postman may bring letters, and someone else will bring packages.

My regular postman has been out for awhile with surgery, and the fill ins are a joke at best. Stuff goes to neighbors, then they bring it to me, or stuff is put in the box, but they put it in the wrong address, it's really a roll of the dice daily. I'm set up for alerts from all the major carriers, so I know when an item should arrive, so I can be on the lookout. As I often have to grab the postman, and tell him/her they fuck up, and to go fix it. LOL

Ugh I live in a tiny ass town with like 300 people, max, and they still manage to fuck up delivering my mail. I can immediately tell when the regular girl is out.

Are there still people waiting for their items to be shipped? Ive received no shipping confirmation and have noticed people already getting their copies.
Yes, we still have about 10% of our orders left to fulfill. This is the most games we've ever fulfilled. By comparison, our Shadow Complex run was our previous record holder at 12.9K games sold. We're shipping 18K here with just two volunteers and Douglas and I shipping. Our fulfillment center took 3 1/2 weeks to ship out Shadow Complex with 20+ employees. I'd say we're doing pretty killer so far. :)

We hope to have everything out mid-next week!

Yes, we still have about 10% of our orders left to fulfill. This is the most games we've ever fulfilled. By comparison, our Shadow Complex run was our previous record holder at 12.9K games sold. We're shipping 18K here with just two volunteers and Douglas and I shipping. Our fulfillment center took 3 1/2 weeks to ship out Shadow Complex with 20+ employees. I'd say we're doing pretty killer so far. :)

We hope to have everything out mid-next week!
WTF! was that fulfillment center doing?

I can do a pretty good amount of packages within 24 hours, and that's for items of all shapes and sizes, along with proper packaging and such. If I was stuffing bubble mailers I could double or even triple my normal amount, just due to the ease of the medium for shipping and labeling.

Even if it took them 3 1/2 weeks, it should have at least been done error free, or damn close to it. Like I've said before, American businesses are just about the worst out there, as there is no pride or accountability in the work place anymore.

LRG, you guys are the best, and I'm looking forward to more great releases. Just out of curiosity, how goes it on the "N" front? Any games possibly being worked on where we may see a 3DS release at some point in the future?

Just got my One Way Heroics & Thomas was alone a hour ago.  First it was a plain white bubble mailer.......I am so disappoint by this. :lol:

The two protective cases I received ended up being PS4 size and not the Vita ones that I ordered.  Not a big deal though.  Sent a email regarding the it.  While I like to get the correct ones, I am in no real hurry to do so.  I am really am more disappointed by the color of the mailer. :lol:

Just got my order, I wasn't expecting USPS to bother delivering it on a Saturday. Everything is great except I received the PS4 size protective cases instead of the Vita that I ordered. Anyone know who I should contact about it? Also I got a white mailer too. I was looking forward to a pink one :(

Just got my order, I wasn't expecting USPS to bother delivering it on a Saturday. Everything is great except I received the PS4 size protective cases instead of the Vita that I ordered. Anyone know who I should contact about it? Also I got a white mailer too. I was looking forward to a pink one :(
Dude, you got a variant mailer!! Lucky!! List that bitch on eBay!!:D:D:D

There was a bug with our software that caused an issue with protective cases on our shipping manifest. This will affect a few people but we'll sort it out. Email [email protected]. We'll get you the correct cases.

Looks like we're getting six titles next month, 4 Vita and 2 PS4, prepare to guard (or empty, as the case may be) your wallets.

bread's done
Back