Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
This brings up the interesting question. Why do the soundtracks go on sale 15 minutes earlier than the games? I'd rather have picked up all five items in a single order with a single shipping charge than take a chance the soundtracks sell out before the games go up at the top of the hour. I remember at least one soundtrack set selling out before the games were available, so that had me grit my teeth and make a separate order for the soundtracks.
I was able to get all soundtracks and both games in the same order.

I could have ordered the soundtracks but I knew I would never listen to them. Most of them are just going to end up on eBay anyway because they are limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get all soundtracks and both games in the same order.
I thought about trying this, but they said orders with soundtracks included would be delayed so I decided to just separate them rather than risk the games being delayed with it.

"PLEASE NOTE: Due to manufacturing problems, production on the soundtracks is currently delayed into November. Orders with soundtracks will not ship until soundtracks arrive from the factory. We expect to be able to ship by the end of the second week of November."

This brings up the interesting question. Why do the soundtracks go on sale 15 minutes earlier than the games? I'd rather have picked up all five items in a single order with a single shipping charge than take a chance the soundtracks sell out before the games go up at the top of the hour. I remember at least one soundtrack set selling out before the games were available, so that had me grit my teeth and make a separate order for the soundtracks.
When we put the soundtracks up at the same time as the games people will spend time fumbling to get the soundtracks in their cart and then completely miss out on the games. Afterwards, they send us angry hate-filled emails about how it was our fault they missed out on the games.

We started putting soundtracks up early with the Shadow Complex run and we haven't gotten a single email like that since then. It just seems to work out much more smoothly.

When we put the soundtracks up at the same time as the games people will spend time fumbling to get the soundtracks in their cart and then completely miss out on the games. Afterwards, they send us angry hate-filled emails about how it was our fault they missed out on the games.

We started putting soundtracks up early with the Shadow Complex run and we haven't gotten a single email like that since then. It just seems to work out much more smoothly.
That would certainly explain it. Thanks.

I think yall are overestimating how fast the 6pm drop will be. Don't give up before you even try! 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think yall are overestimating how fast the 6pm drop will be. Don't give up before you even try!
Oh, I'm definitely going to give it my best shot come 6pm, I'm just dampening my expectations is all. I do hope everything works out though. : - )

There are only 1,500 copies of each left for batch two. Set alarms, be ready, whatever you got to do. I don't expect them to last long. Lots of long time PS4 customers seem to have missed out so I think competition will be heated at 6PM.
Then maybe limit it to one like Soldner?

What i hate is how both the ps4 and vita versions are bundles and im planning on getting both so I'll be stuck with an extra soundtrack

I'm really disappointed that it's only available as a bundle. Shouldn't force people to spend $15 extra but it's too much of a hassle to get rid of it at the end of the day.

If LRG is for game collectors, give people the option to pay standard pricing for just the game. Hell I'd take game only at $30

It's rather crazy how fast both times just sold right out.

I was busy making my costume for a Halloween party tomorrow night, and came on, said sold out, had to keep refreshing for someone to drop it out of the cart, and was finally able to get one of each. XD

princess_shantae_by_xenomorph05-d8m0pu0.jpg

Missed out after 5 minutes. Pretty bs.

Acually really salty this time. Fing asshole coworker ruined it for me

I'm really disappointed that it's only available as a bundle. Shouldn't force people to spend $15 extra but it's too much of a hassle to get rid of it at the end of the day.

If LRG is for game collectors, give people the option to pay standard pricing for just the game. Hell I'd take game only at $30
Well technically, a new standard Vita game is $40 at retail, so considering this is an exclusive to LRG in the US, I think it's fair. I'm also pretty sure they may or may not have decided to go the LE set, and maybe the developer did.

You can always import the physical standard Japanese game(which is in English), but that is going to cost you more than this LE set, so the choice is yours. But I wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

I need to start setting a real alarm for these preorders. My calendar notification didn't make a sound at 10 but at least I was able to get them at 6.

I was interested in picking both games up and forgot about them, at about 6:15 they were both in the red for stock left but when I added them to my cart they were sold out :(

I remember when they had Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! it lasted hours and IIRC the second batch had some left even the next day. Why did this sell out so fast with the limits compared to Oddworld? Are that many more people interested in theses games to play/collect or even to resell/invest in since the GBC game is ridiculously  expensive?

I was interested in picking both games up and forgot about them, at about 6:15 they were both in the red for stock left but when I added them to my cart they were sold out :(

I remember when they had Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty! it lasted hours and IIRC the second batch had some left even the next day. Why did this sell out so fast with the limits compared to Oddworld? Are that many more people interested in theses games to play/collect or even to resell/invest in since the GBC game is ridiculously expensive?
6000 did seem like a decent quantity for these but apparently we all underestimated the number of Shantae collectors out there.

6000 did seem like a decent quantity for these but apparently we all underestimated the number of Shantae collectors out there.
More and more it's looking like Shantae's cult following is getting closer to Mother/Earthbound levels, which is something that I never would have expected, but I guess that I'm not exactly "surprised" either.

Man skullgirs needs to go on preorder when another game goes on sale so I can save on shipping. Make it happen LRG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More and more it's looking like Shantae's cult following is getting closer to Mother/Earthbound levels, which is something that I never would have expected, but I guess that I'm not exactly "surprised" either.
Not sure if you're serious, this will never compare to that franchise.

How long did each batch last? Seems like a lot of people got them after others said they're sold out. 

I'm just glad to see Shantae doing well. I love the GBC original and the sequels... as some one else said, they're not revolutionary games or anything, but they're definitely solid for what they are. 

I wish they would use the model for the Skullgirls release for all of their game releases. I always miss out on the games I want because I'm at work. I love that LRG is giving niche games physical prints, but the way in which they release their games simply encourages scalpers and resellers and takes copies out of the hands of people who just want to own a physical copy to play.

I wish they would use the model for the Skullgirls release for all of their game releases. I always miss out on the games I want because I'm at work. I love that LRG is giving niche games physical prints, but the way in which they release their games simply encourages scalpers and resellers and takes copies out of the hands of people who just want to own a physical copy to play.
lol. work?

Dude, Obama will pay you to stay home and game. I've finished 300+ games since he's been in office. Get paid to play man and thank the Thin Black Duke. :beer:

Hmmm skullgirls is a bundle only?
Being a preorder idk if that soundtrack would be worth anything sold on it's own. I hate soundtracks.

Our standard price is the digital price plus $10 (to account for the cost of goods and still make the dev what they would have made digitally). Accounting for that, Skullgirls would have been $34.99 with no extras. You're getting a soundtrack, slipcover, and beefy full-color booklet for just $5 more.

Heads up, there will also be a dual-platform bundle. Both games, one soundtrack, one booklet, for $74.99 (a savings of $5).

bread's done
Back