Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
We implemented a 48-hour cancelation period because too many people were impulse buying the games and canceling them once they had time to stew on the purchase. Additionally, people were asking to cancel individual orders to order the bundle and then never ordering again (which is frustrating).

In any case, what we're offering is better than Gaijinworks' no cancelations period policy. I'm pretty certain I can't even change the address on my Summon Night 6 order despite having moved.

For anyone wondering, our customer service responsibilities have increased about 300% for preorders vs normal orders. Douglas is having to spend eight hours a day and work weekends to keep up with the volume of emails we're getting. It's nuts and isn't making a compelling case for preorders in the future. :(
That's fair enough, and I completely understand that, as I sale online as well(not at LRG volume), but still a decent monthly amount, so I feel your pain. I also clearly state my returns policy for an item directly below the detail information of the item itself.

I do see that the policy is listed at the LRG site in the "FAQ" section, but I would personally list it in the details of the item descriptions, somewhere near the qty per order allowed area, as that is information a paying customer should know.

It seems kind of hidden, and I'll assume most buyers never even think about a cancellation or otherwise until after 48hrs has already past, and having it listed in the FAQ section, just seems like that is the point.

I completely understand not listing every detail of information in the actual details due to space and or clutter, but a policy like that seems like everyone should know it upfront. I've ordered every Vita release so far(and a few PS4 titles), and I never knew of that policy, although I would never use it either way, but I do think it should be more prominently displayed(but that's my 2 cent on the matter), so there is no confusion among paying customers.

EDIT: But considering how many people actually read now a days(or comprehend what they do), it might not matter either way. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Not being able to cancel an in-stock item makes sense with how many orders come in and all that, but there's no excuse not to be able to cancel a pre-order that won't be shipping for months.

Seeing the YouTube documentary, the LRG guys are not getting enough credit for their efforts. It is not bootlicking either. Doomstink is not kidding. I received an email less than 24 hrs later on a weekend. I'm just glad they are answering questions as soon as they can. There will be glitches from time to time but that goes for any merchant. I'm just glad I am getting a physical Skullgirls game on Vita.
Company is legendary

Not being able to cancel an in-stock item makes sense with how many orders come in and all that, but there's no excuse not to be able to cancel a pre-order that won't be shipping for months.
Sure there is. They've already explained why they have the policy. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean the policy isn't valid or legitimate.

Sure there is. They've already explained why they have the policy. Just because you don't agree with something doesn't mean the policy isn't valid or legitimate.
It's legitimate in that they have every right to not allow for cancellations, I'm saying in my opinion it's a poor policy, especially during the pre-order window when someone may just want to switch platforms.

And using Gaijinworks as a benchmark for anything is setting the bar very low and I'd hope LRG would set their standards higher.

Yeah, I personally don't have an issue with the policy, especially considering how small LRG operation is, I can only imagine how out of control it can get with all the flip/flop public consumers out there.

My only issue is that it should be more clearly stated in or around the pricing, or an instant message when you go to check out or something, so that way there is no confusion or those people not knowing after the fact.

It's legitimate in that they have every right to not allow for cancellations, I'm saying in my opinion it's a poor policy, especially during the pre-order window when someone may just want to switch platforms.

And using Gaijinworks as a benchmark for anything is setting the bar very low and I'd hope LRG would set their standards higher.
We're producing these to demand and the rate of cancellations has been pretty ridiculous. If we allow people to cancel until the day these ship, we could end up producing hundreds more than were actually necessary. To make matters worse, we're paying Autumn Games and Lab Zero their royalties when preorders close, not when the games are shipped. If we pay out royalties on 10,000 copies and 500 are cancelled after the fact - we're out the money (there would be no way to get that back as Lab Zero is using the money to pay for dev on the physical editions and licensing fees for the Japanese VO). Whatever money we will have left after royalties will be tied up with Sony in manufacturing costs.

I get that from the outside looking in, it looks like a very simple situation for us to allow cancellations but it isn't that easy. A two-day window is pretty generous and should give people ample time to have buyer's remorse or whatever is driving these cancellations.

We're producing these to demand and the rate of cancellations has been pretty ridiculous. If we allow people to cancel until the day these ship, we could end up producing hundreds more than were actually necessary. To make matters worse, we're paying Autumn Games and Lab Zero their royalties when preorders close, not when the games are shipped. If we pay out royalties on 10,000 copies and 500 are cancelled after the fact - we're out the money (there would be no way to get that back as Lab Zero is using the money to pay for dev on the physical editions and licensing fees for the Japanese VO). Whatever money we will have left after royalties will be tied up with Sony in manufacturing costs.

I get that from the outside looking in, it looks like a very simple situation for us to allow cancellations but it isn't that easy. A two-day window is pretty generous and should give people ample time to have buyer's remorse or whatever is driving these cancellations.
My mistake, I missed the post above where you said you can cancel within 48 hours. I thought it was no cancellations at all.

I do understand why it could cause problems once you've paid the developers and gotten the game into manufacturing, so that seems like a decent compromise.

It's not LRG's fault that kids can't decide what they don't want to buy from one minute to the next.  Stop buying things online that you don't want to pay for.  And stop wasting Doomstink's time with this petty bullshit. 

Well since this apparently started when I mentioned I wish I had ordered the Vita version vs. the PS4, let me just state that 1) I'm waaayyy too old to be called a kid and 2) I understand the policy and realize it was my decision as to which version I ordered. :)

I may actually order a Vita version tomorrow with Volume, who knows... :)

It's not LRG's fault that kids can't decide what they don't want to buy from one minute to the next. Stop buying things online that you don't want to pay for. And stop wasting Doomstink's time with this petty bullshit.

Received my 2 copies of Shantae today and one has a loose disc again. That's 4 out of 7 games so far that has had a loose disc. I understand that we all receive loose discs from every retailer but a 4 out of 7 ratio is pretty bad imo. Sending them in loose bubble mailers might be the problem. I wonder if there is something they could do better to resolve this.

Received my 2 copies of Shantae today and one has a loose disc again. That's 4 out of 7 games so far that has had a loose disc. I understand that we all receive loose discs from every retailer but a 4 out of 7 ratio is pretty bad imo. Sending them in loose bubble mailers might be the problem. I wonder if there is something they could do better to resolve this.

they cant do nothing about it unless you literally want them to unseal it for you put in padding and mail it that way.

they cant do nothing about it unless you literally want them to unseal it for you put in padding and mail it that way.
That really isn't true. Try this - get out a PS4 game, put it in an envelope, push down on it. See what happens. Now get a PS4 game, wrap it in bubble wrap or cover it in packing peanuts, put it in a box, now push on the box. See what happens. The results won't be the same.

LRG does offer a shipping box for $5, though. Not sure how many people have received loose discs when they are shipped in a box, but I'll bet it's a lot less.

We implemented a 48-hour cancelation period because too many people were impulse buying the games and canceling them once they had time to stew on the purchase. Additionally, people were asking to cancel individual orders to order the bundle and then never ordering again (which is frustrating).

In any case, what we're offering is better than Gaijinworks' no cancelations period policy. I'm pretty certain I can't even change the address on my Summon Night 6 order despite having moved.

For anyone wondering, our customer service responsibilities have increased about 300% for preorders vs normal orders. Douglas is having to spend eight hours a day and work weekends to keep up with the volume of emails we're getting. It's nuts and isn't making a compelling case for preorders in the future. :(
For what it's worth, I've been in a similar situation with Gaijinworks where I ordered and then later moved. When they're close to shipping they send out an email for address updates. You can typically email them then and they'll update it. They don't do it in advance though, it always seems to be right as they're wrapping up.

Well since this apparently started when I mentioned I wish I had ordered the Vita version vs. the PS4, let me just state that 1) I'm waaayyy too old to be called a kid and 2) I understand the policy and realize it was my decision as to which version I ordered. :)

I may actually order a Vita version tomorrow with Volume, who knows... :)
Doesn't seem aimed at you. More the hundreds of cancellations by people who can't read or are otherwise too dumb to know what they're signing up for.

Last they mentioned, it was over 6k.

It will probably spike a bit more after tomorrow.
Talk to me when...

OVER-9000-e1425115224556.jpg

Dunno if you guys have seen this but this has worked 100% for me and with no damage to the case if done correctly.

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=2D5VusDPQjY

This shows you how to reinsert the disc into the spindle without opening the game.

Got my Shantae games.

None had a loose disc, and everything is perfect.

The pack in cards this time are actually nicer than some of the previous ones we've been getting.

Hopefully this pattern continues. :D

i tried it but not 100% works
Then you're not following the instructions carefully. I've done in multiple times and it works 100% of the time without causing any case or insert damage. The only tough part is sometimes getting the disc balanced on the spindle, but once that is done, it snaps right back in with not much pressure.

I got my Shantae games the other day, unfortunately one of them had the seal torn and the case was cracked near the top left corner (near the spine), but I'm honestly just happy to have been fortunate enough to get them, so I won't complain. : - )

I got my Shantae games the other day, unfortunately one of them had the seal torn and the case was cracked near the top left corner (near the spine), but I'm honestly just happy to have been fortunate enough to get them, so I won't complain. : - )
Aww man, I hate when my girl Shantae has her seal torn.

I'm fine with that LRG policy. Sure, there will be a small percentage of people it affects where they manage their finances well, but are hit with an unforeseen issue where they may no longer be able to afford it and cancelling hurts them.

But other than the small minority, it shouldn't be a major issue for most people. Manage your finances well and make sure you have the funds available. If you are to move or something, you'd probably know you'd be moving far enough ahead of time to plan accordingly. I mean, this game ships in January, 99% of people who move before the game ships already know in November they're moving. Let's face it, I can't prove this, but I guarantee you the far majority of cancellations are those who are either 1) buying to flip and then decided they probably won't make enough from it to bother so want to cancel and 2) people who only want it because it might be rare and then decide it's not as rare as they think it's gonna be so they want to cancel.

This shouldn't be that big of a deal. Figure out if you'll have the money, decide if you truly want the game. If you do, pre-order. If not, don't. Anyone else left out in the cold that sucks, but LRG can't cater to everybody.

You know those super thick plastic security cases some stores keep games in? I have a video where I make a disc in a PS4 case go loose when it is stored locked inside one of those. It takes less than 10 seconds to make that disc go loose. No amount of external prevention can solve this problem. It's a flaw with the cases Sony uses through and through.

I'm not big into stealth games and this is the first one I've been really not excited for since rainbow moon (since I already played and knew I disliked it).

But ugh that full set looking at me from my shelf means I can't skip it.

Hopefully people are so stuck on getting a NES Classic Mini today that ordering Volume at 10 will be a piece of cake and supply will last for more than a few minutes.

bread's done
Back