Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
When is that Oddworld Stranger's Wrath coming out? That bundle would make a nice Christmas gift for someone I know.
No date yet I believe, but it's coming at some point which is Awesome, I can't wait. I'm actually clearing out several games from my memory card due to LRG, and that frees up some much needed space.

Actually, if this keeps up, I may not need my memory card at all. LOL Yeah right, I'm dreaming, but that's a good dream to have.

LRG are the best, I really do wish "N" weren't such ass clowns and allowed for smaller runs, as I would love some 3DS digital only games as well, but I won't be holding my breath.

Kinda torn on Lone Survivor. I might spring for it, but it looks kinda slow in the videos I've seen. 

Really hoping to see an announcement on Salt and Sanctuary soon.

Kinda torn on Lone Survivor. I might spring for it, but it looks kinda slow in the videos I've seen.

Yeah, it's a survival horror game, so by it's nature it's slow for the scares. If those types of games aren't for you, it probably won't be a good buy.

It has tons of great reviews, so check some out and see if it's something you might like. There's no harm in skipping some releases if they aren't for you.

I believe that was on sale for $1.00 a few months ago on the WiiU. That's why I'm torn with picking up the physical copies for $60, but I likely will anyway because I am a collector.

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, Skull Girls ends tomorrow right?

Does LRG have any plans for a last 24 hour push? You know hitting all the Playstation fan and gaming sites with last day announcements?

The numbers they are short of the 10,000 don't seem to hard to reach if consumers who don't know about it can be informed.

Yeah, it's a survival horror game, so by it's nature it's slow for the scares. If those types of games aren't for you, it probably won't be a good buy.

It has tons of great reviews, so check some out and see if it's something you might like. There's no harm in skipping some releases if they aren't for you.
I'm a big fan of survival horror but I guess I just wasn't descriptive in what I meant. By slow I guess I meant I'm not sure the game will really actually be scary, and I'm probably attributing that to the graphics, after being spoiled by games like Evil Within and Until Dawn. That isn't to say I didn't start on the RE's and Silent Hills of the PS1 era. It's more the concern that survival horror may not translate well for me to a game that looks like it came from the NES era.

All of that said, if it has a compelling story, I could probably still get into it.

I'm a big fan of survival horror but I guess I just wasn't descriptive in what I meant. By slow I guess I meant I'm not sure the game will really actually be scary, and I'm probably attributing that to the graphics, after being spoiled by games like Evil Within and Until Dawn. That isn't to say I didn't start on the RE's and Silent Hills of the PS1 era. It's more the concern that survival horror may not translate well for me to a game that looks like it came from the NES era.

All of that said, if it has a compelling story, I could probably still get into it.
For what it's worth, I love survival horror but hated Lone Survivor. Didn't like how you have to eat every 10 seconds otherwise your character will keep complaining, and the "story" was too pretentious for me to enjoy.

Gonna skip both of the Curve digital releases, doesn't help that the steam version of Stealth Inc has been free

I believe that was on sale for $1.00 a few months ago on the WiiU. That's why I'm torn with picking up the physical copies for $60, but I likely will anyway because I am a collector.
Sorry for the dumb question, are you saying Lone Survivor will cost 60?

The Curve Digital releases are only $25 each. Dunno where $60/$30 are coming from.

Skullgirls is over 9,100 sold at this point.

I preordered the Skullgirls bundle (Vita and PS4). I hope the release does well, having a preorder option for some of the LRG games is a great option. I still think that the limited release option is OK, but for some really popular games, having a preorder approach is much better to meet demand. I think Soldner X would have done better with the preorder approach, since demand was clearly underestimated for the game.

Just want to say about Skullgirls, if the developer doesn't do the Japanese VO just because the sales were 400 copies short or so, that will be very crappy of them.

The Curve Digital releases are only $25 each. Dunno where $60/$30 are coming from.

Skullgirls is over 9,100 sold at this point.
Yeah, I was just going off memory from my Shantae order total (counting the shipping cost), but forgot one of the Shantaes was $30 and one was $25. Either way, there is still not much of a difference between $55 and $60.

Just want to say about Skullgirls, if the developer doesn't do the Japanese VO just because the sales were 400 copies short or so, that will be very crappy of them.
If it gets that low I wouldn't be surprised if LRG just orders the remaining copies and sells them on their website at some point next year. They are bound to be a quick seller especially as people realize they lost their chance to order Skullgirls.

We're at 9,500 sold. I'm pretty sure we're going to hit the target. Orders close in about 16 hours so don't delay if you plan to order this!

We're at 9,500 sold. I'm pretty sure we're going to hit the target. Orders close in about 16 hours so don't delay if you plan to order this!
Are you guys doing any last minute social media and or fan site pushes today? I think if enough places mention today is the last day it might be enough to go over the top.

Nobody is gonna make an over 9000 post? Come on.

Edit: also lol at everyone saying pre-orders wouldn't work. Not to mention this is for a game *some* people had already imported. Also a slightly higher price. I know it's a nightmare for yall to deal with but I'd love to see how another minimally priced, not previously physical game would do.

Are you guys doing any last minute social media and or fan site pushes today? I think if enough places mention today is the last day it might be enough to go over the top.
We're readying a mailing list email today and doing a push on Facebook/Twitter via ads. The mailing list alone should drive a couple hundred last minute purchases as we've added a few thousand subscribers via the Volume sale.

Nobody is gonna make an over 9000 post? Come on.

Edit: also lol at everyone saying pre-orders wouldn't work. Not to mention this is for a game *some* people had already imported. Also a slightly higher price. I know it's a nightmare for yall to deal with but I'd love to see how another minimally priced, not previously physical game would do.
Someone did on their Twitter page.

But screw it.

88f0f2bf2507cf431bf6b63e9f15a4e5b4205bd1ce57f995016c5e75265093a5.jpg

Skullgirls is crossbuy on psn right? So, if I buy the physical version for PS4, do I get the digital version for vita too?

I mean, I am assuming no but figured I'd ask anyway.

OHHHH.... no, I wasn't joking... I totally didn't get that abbreviation... I feel a bit embarrassed now :p
It's all good, I have to look up about 90% of abbreviations I see on a daily basis, as I'm like WTF? does this mean all day every day. I long for the pre texting days of some what normal speech and conversations. LOL

Lots of Love

Story time, I know someone that thought LOL meant lots of love and she saw a facebook post that one of her relatives passed and she wrote LOL.

Lots of Love

Story time, I know someone that thought LOL meant lots of love and she saw a facebook post that one of her relatives passed and she wrote LOL.
On the subject of people not understanding what things mean...I went to high school with a very religious girl who thought giving head was making out..So one day she told about 40 of us in the cafeteria about how she didn't think giving head was that big of a deal and she gave her boyfriend head all the time. A friend of mine collapsed his lung laughing at that, good memories.

On topic, I'm glad Skullgirls hit numbers. I think it's really cool that this can be a beacon for people to notice physical releases do still have a market even for niche titles. I also hope LRG gets their foundation solid now because it's only a matter of time before a bigger player comes into the market and they will need the headstart.

Lots of Love

Honestly, all this shit can mean anything really, as your post shows. Honestly, "LOL" is really one of the only ones I know, and that's due to it being one of the first and most used. But like how normal words can have different meanings depending on the context of the overall sentence, I've always felt the same with these abbreviations. Lots of love sounds good to me.

On topic, I'm glad Skullgirls hit numbers. I think it's really cool that this can be a beacon for people to notice physical releases do still have a market even for niche titles. I also hope LRG gets their foundation solid now because it's only a matter of time before a bigger player comes into the market and they will need the headstart.
I agree, this can only be good for LRG and whom ever else might decide to do a similar thing. Hopefully any new comers don't try to jump in to the deep end right from the start and shoot for 10,000 of anything.

A lot of people see someone doing something, and then say I can do that to. Which is true to a degree, but they need to build up to that. I don't think a lot of games can pull off a preorder of 10,000 like this game, but it's good to see LRG reach that rather high number.

I don't even think that many people may have been that interest in the game, but wanted to show support to LRG and any future titles that may happen because of this one. Congrats to all involved.

Can't say I care about Japanese VO much but I bought my copy yesterday.
Yeah, over the years it's never been a huge deal to me either. If it's offered great, if not, it's no deal breaker.

I'm glad they reached the magic number, as it was a show of support from the community, but I would have bought this either way.

It's all personal preference, as some won't buy without it, as they don't care for most English efforts, so to those folks, it's good it reached the 10,000 so now they can buy in without having to "hope" it would happen. So they probably will get even more orders now that the goal was reached.

Yup

I agree, this can only be good for LRG and whom ever else might decide to do a similar thing. Hopefully any new comers don't try to jump in to the deep end right from the start and shoot for 10,000 of anything.

A lot of people see someone doing something, and then say I can do that to. Which is true to a degree, but they need to build up to that. I don't think a lot of games can pull off a preorder of 10,000 like this game, but it's good to see LRG reach that rather high number.

I don't even think that many people may have been that interest in the game, but wanted to show support to LRG and any future titles that may happen because of this one. Congrats to all involved.
I never thought about it like that... you're right. If they created 10k of every product from the beginning, do you think it would sell out? Hmm... and not to even mention that these are 10k Pre-orders.

bread's done
Back