Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I was notified by Iam8bit via email last night that they had shipped Rez by USPS priority mail. It was nice that they shipped priority...I guess that's to make up for the delays, lack of communication, and to get it in people's hands by Christmas.

Im not sure how I feel about the apologies. My initial thought was that they were unwarranted based on the content of the discussion, but I'm not a tech market guy and don't really understand the politics of the industry. I'm sure there's alot of "rub my back I rub yours" type of situations just like there is in any other industry and maybe there's more to it than we see from the outside. 

It's in the title of the thread. I take it the stupid "Whoop!" in the title makes it easy to skip over the actual info in there as that looks like a game name. Sort of like the previous title that had a game name called "Who cares?" or something.
It fucking did... I usually look at the release date in the title and then mark it on the calendar. Most of the time it's cool, but then there are times the date disappears and I don't know why and I don't even want to read half of the shit discussed here to find out (this thread by CAG standard it's an abomination, every other thread gets bombed for "where's the deal?").

So basically you don't want to follow the CAG thread, Neogaf thread, Twitter, or Facebook for LRG news.

Then when you do come into the thread you're an asshole demanding answers to questions that were already answered, but you were unaware because you didn't want to read the aforementioned sources because they were discussing LRG news.

You're special.

So basically you don't want to follow the CAG thread, Neogaf thread, Twitter, or Facebook for LRG news.

Then when you do come into the thread you're an asshole demanding answers to questions that were already answered, but you were unaware because you didn't want to read the aforementioned sources because they were discussing LRG news.

You're special.
No, I didn't find the answer I'm looking for, so I asked, not that I'm unaware, it took me long time finding it than necessary. If you read half of the shits in this thread, oh, plenty of specials here, asshole.

Got my shipping confirmation for my Vita blind box today
Ha... I got one too. A bit of a surprise b/c during the BF sale, I thought I missed out on the Vita blind box in my first order, when back for a 2nd order with both PS4/Vita (since the stock indicator is inconsistent) and got a 'sold out error' as I tried to check out. Figured it was the PS4 one but now that I got a ship notice for a Vita blind box, I checked my order and saw that I did in fact get a Vita blind box order in.

I was notified by Iam8bit via email last night that they had shipped Rez by USPS priority mail. It was nice that they shipped priority...I guess that's to make up for the delays, lack of communication, and to get it in people's hands by Christmas.

Im not sure how I feel about the apologies. My initial thought was that they were unwarranted based on the content of the discussion, but I'm not a tech market guy and don't really understand the politics of the industry. I'm sure there's alot of "rub my back I rub yours" type of situations just like there is in any other industry and maybe there's more to it than we see from the outside.
Still nothing for either of my orders. And seeing as how they charged for media mail shipping (before removing that option) and games aren't allowed in media mail, I don't think they had much of a choice.

Judging by the over the top apology, I'm under the impression that it royally p'ed off some of the developers using LRG for publishing or someone way up the foodchain at sony. I have a feeling they would have lost some business or something. I'm not familiar with how much pull iam8bit has in the industry, but looking at the variety of soundtracks they publish to vinyl, they must have some solid reach. Not just to random small indies, but straight to the top to Sony (Uncharted 4) and even Nintendo (LoZ). Looking at their individual credentials is actually pretty impressive.

Still, does anyone even know where the incident happened? I feel like it is in some publication or something since it wasn't in the iam8bit rez infinite bash thread over on neogaf.

P.S. I didn't say I don't want to follow the CAG thread, I said this is the only thread I follow.
Usually if it's not covered in this thread it's covered in the Vita Deals & Discussions thread. Between the two, everything in question here has been covered. Even the auction over on the LRG forums.

Am i missing something!? Why has the price increased for strangers wrath? Thats 15 more then PSN version and last I checked the website it was 24.99....guess the 10 more then PSN version is out the window..
It's just how things are going. Bundle in extra stuff & raise the price. I personally don't care for the extra stuff (a set of playing cards) myself but if I want the game physical it's just something I have to deal with. I think this though is one of those things that forces people that were buying everything (but were already kind of tight on money) to wake up and realize they don't need a full set of the games to be happy. Just get what you really want and it'll balance out.

Still nothing for either of my orders. And seeing as how they charged for media mail shipping (before removing that option) and games aren't allowed in media mail, I don't think they had much of a choice.
I ordered mine within the first hour or something that it went live and got the media mail option. My copy of the game arrived yesterday. I'm pretty sure it was first class mail. Nicely mine was packaged in a large standard beige/manila bubble envelope with the game in the bottom half and the top folded over and attached at the opposite end with the built in adhesive strip. So the game was SUPER protected and ended up not being a floater. It'll be interesting to see how many people complain about floaters with this game since no one I have seen so far that go theirs have complained (and I know people will complain about this stuff if it happens).

Given what they charged for media mail, first class should have easily been covered.

It was on Twitter (where stuff like this always seems to happen). It was minor and they apologized.

Time to get amped up for Stranger's Wrath! Really want that blue variant, but it'll probably be too much hassle to try to get the bundle. Just glad to see more love for Oddworld physical releases. I'm hoping they'll at least do a physical Vita for Munch's Oddysee. Abe Boxx would be nice to have as well.

Since my 10:00 slot for today's release is cancelled, I might as well as use the time to scratch my itch for my own question.  WHAT AUCTION?
  Here's the thing... It was mentioned here, but not what it actually was about, it's just something you're supposed to know if you're a diehard LRG fan (which I'm not and I frankly I fucking hate their e-mail notification system, I mean who sends out e-mails when the game goes on sale?  It's not a big deal if you can buy a copy of course).  Since the fucking word used so many times here, I'm kind of obsessed as to what the fuck is it.

Tada... Oddworld opened copies auction... case closed.

http://www.oddworldforums.net/showthread.php?p=625554

Since my 10:00 slot for today's release is cancelled, I might as well as use the time to scratch my itch for my own question. WHAT AUCTION?
Here's the thing... It was mentioned here, but not what it actually was about, it's just something you're supposed to know if you're a diehard LRG fan (which I'm not and I frankly I fucking hate their e-mail notification system, I mean who sends out e-mails when the game goes on sale? It's not a big deal if you can buy a copy of course). Since the fucking word used so many times here, I'm kind of obsessed as to what the fuck is it.

Well (even though you still don't understand it), since it's "case closed", it's good you won't be whining about the matter anymore.

Since my 10:00 slot for today's release is cancelled, I might as well as use the time to scratch my itch for my own question. WHAT AUCTION?
Here's the thing... It was mentioned here, but not what it actually was about, it's just something you're supposed to know if you're a diehard LRG fan (which I'm not and I frankly I fucking hate their e-mail notification system, I mean who sends out e-mails when the game goes on sale? It's not a big deal if you can buy a copy of course). Since the fucking word used so many times here, I'm kind of obsessed as to what the fuck is it.

For people that don't read the OP:

LRG is having an auction (on their forums) for a bunch of their games that were customer returns (open box). Minimum starting bid is $15 per game.

Interesting to note the one copy of Breach and Clear they have is already at $140.

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1039
Took me 3 minutes to find on mobile.

Now go away.

It was on Twitter (where stuff like this always seems to happen). It was minor and they apologized.

Time to get amped up for Stranger's Wrath! Really want that blue variant, but it'll probably be too much hassle to try to get the bundle. Just glad to see more love for Oddworld physical releases. I'm hoping they'll at least do a physical Vita for Munch's Oddysee. Abe Boxx would be nice to have as well.
Just two more games remain, correct? Abe's Exoddus and Munch's Odyssey? I heard that Exoddus was being remade a few months ago. Guessing it's still in production. Was Munch ever remastered or at least ported to PSN/XBL?

Last edited by a moderator:
Am i missing something!? Why has the price increased for strangers wrath? Thats 15 more then PSN version and last I checked the website it was 24.99....guess the 10 more then PSN version is out the window..
You must have missed something, because the game was listed at $29.99 on the website when the listing went up, so not sure where you got the $24.99 at.

All the other release titles listed at the time may have been $24.99, but Stranger's Wrath was listed at $29.99 from the start.

Maybe that's what confused you. :p

I hope iam8bit doesn't spite LRG by releasing(with delays) their own line of vinyl Vita cartridges. It's scary that they're so close to the hipster developer people that they could possibly fuck with them over a honest remark, they don't really deserve that much sway(hypothetically)

I open all mine and I guess if this sticks I just wont get what I want and know i would like.
Nicely the entire line of oddworld games has been super cheap on PSN for vita. I've already picked up all 5 games (with New N Tasty being free on PS+) thanks to the sales. In August during the flash sale New N Tasty was $6.79, Munch's Oddysee was $2.49 and Stranger's Wrath was $3.74. Both PS1 games were $1.49 each. So $15.66 got the whole lineup which technically you wouldn't even need the first PS1 game since that's what New N Tasty became (I like having it because it's a smaller install). All 5 games have been free on PS+ if you started early enough.

Have there been any comments on what have been received in the blind boxes yet? I've got 2 Vita ones coming, and just decided to gamble and roll the dice and see what happens. I got caught up in the moment. LOL

Hey Josh, in choosing games you want to publish, how do you look at something like Stardew Valley, which seems like it will receive updates for quite a while? Would you consider that or is the focus to stay with games that are 'complete' and have all their content on the disc?

Okay, thanks! Natboy's question included "auction" and his/her question has been answered twice, once by Doomstink, so I thought I missed an auction... I did follow the charity for the variant cover discussion, I couldn't care less about that, but obviously that discussion is lengthy as heck (I learned it has nothing to do with Natboy's question). Of course, I've learned that Natboy didn't even ask the question right in the first place, there was no auction on Black Friday! BLIND BOX is not AUCTION. People, stop clobbering the thread with craps, like that 8bit thing... Look, I just found out that there's no LRG release tomorrow, because that info gets buried!!!

It's stressful enough to schedule a Friday time slot just to buy LRG releases, please don't make things worse... Useful info only please! And yes, that includes whinny questions like "my order shipped yet?"
Thanks, I wasn't aware of this and there's no mentioning of this in this thread and this is the only place I get my LRG info (frankly, I don't know how people have so much fucking time on various forums, I'm salty for that, yes, pardon me). Can you chime in a little more mate? I hate to miss out. What are the items for the auctions?

As for the rest of you, shut up and keep it relevant and no, I'll not follow LRG tweets, fuck Tweeter and FB and whatever other social shits.
It fucking did... I usually look at the release date in the title and then mark it on the calendar. Most of the time it's cool, but then there are times the date disappears and I don't know why and I don't even want to read half of the shit discussed here to find out (this thread by CAG standard it's an abomination, every other thread gets bombed for "where's the deal?").
No, I didn't find the answer I'm looking for, so I asked, not that I'm unaware, it took me long time finding it than necessary. If you read half of the shits in this thread, oh, plenty of specials here, asshole.
P.S. I didn't say I don't want to follow the CAG thread, I said this is the only thread I follow.

shitposting%20time_zpsb9a4wxhy.gif

Good, more copies for the rest of us. [emoji2]
Shitty post... Example of wasting space, I'm wasting space just to prove a point. What is this "us"? You can't buy extra copies, so you can't have more copies, fucking hoarder/scalper mentality. If a person posts what he/she likes from LRG, at least that's more meaningful than your shitty post.

Shitty post... Example of wasting space, I'm wasting space just to prove a point. What is this "us"? You can't buy extra copies, so you can't have more copies, fucking hoarder/scalper mentality. If a person posts what he/she likes from LRG, at least that's more meaningful than your shitty post.
You know you're really crashing and burning hard here? Get back on your meds, you're really out of control. God help anyone who has to interact with you on a regular basis, it must be a miserable thing.

LRG just stated the truth, and that often times "hurts". I didn't get REZ, but based on the price, and the delay, it seems the masses where disappointed, shit happens!

Did iam8bit apologies to buyers? If not, they should as well.
oh really because when i did the same everyone in this thread got butt hurt lol hypocrites

thread carefully LRG fan boys will attack for speaking your mind on something you are not allowed to

You know you're really crashing and burning hard here? Get back on your meds, you're really out of control. God help anyone who has to interact with you on a regular basis, it must be a miserable thing.
dude did nothing wrong except stating facts ...the "sheeple" mentally is strong in here

Have there been any comments on what have been received in the blind boxes yet? I've got 2 Vita ones coming, and just decided to gamble and roll the dice and see what happens. I got caught up in the moment. LOL
I've got one Vita blind box coming, USPS says Monday but their est delivery dates are usually wrong.

I got 3x on the PS4 that I'm more curious about. I just want a copy of SMRPG know that's unlikely.

oh really because when i did the same everyone in this thread got butt hurt lol hypocrites
Uh, no. You were giving your opinion, not stating facts / the truth. Which I personally have no problem with, but still. It is NOT truth / fact that the games LRG are releasing are flops or bad games (I can't remember the exact words you used to describe One Way Heroics & Stealth Inc., but I digress). It is, however, your opinion. It IS indeed truth / fact that Iam8bit messed up with this whole REZ Infinite situation, and that they have IN FACT been unprofessional about how they've handled this whole thing.

You acting like your opinions about the quality of the games that LRG have released are "The Truth / A Fact" though, is something I do have a problem with, but that is something that I have no further interest in arguing over. I've said what I wanted to say on the matter.

Thanks - waiting on my Vita Blind boxes and then I'll post. Just started recently so I won't have much but the thread should be really helpful :)

Since it seems that some people have begun to get their blind boxes, I wanted to repost the thread i started for those who might wanna trade what they get with others:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/359615-limited-run-games-trading-thread/

Lets not try and rip each other off with this. I'd like to see an even trading system before the cash offers jump in. Idealistic i know. But the holiday spirit has me hopeful.

Apparently no one wished me luck - ended up with One Way Heroics and Thomas Was Alone. :)

Oh well, didn't have either...
I think it was pretty much assumed that those two would be overwhelmingly common for the blind box games. Still, I don't wonder if/how disproportionate it will be in the end.

Uh, no. You were giving your opinion, not stating facts / the truth. Which I personally have no problem with, but still. It is NOT truth / fact that the games LRG are releasing are flops or bad games (I can't remember the exact words you used to describe One Way Heroics & Stealth Inc., but I digress). It is, however, your opinion. It IS indeed truth / fact that Iam8bit messed up with this whole REZ Infinite situation, and that they have IN FACT been unprofessional about how they've handled this whole thing.

You acting like your opinions about the quality of the games that LRG have released are "The Truth / A Fact" though, is something I do have a problem with, but that is something that I have no further interest in arguing over. I've said what I wanted to say on the matter.
Well said. I don't mind negative opinions but some posters in this thread seem rather vindictive towards LRG for... some reason. As far as retailers go, they've been very upfront about what they do/release. They're releasing games that have been out for ages and have been thoroughly reviewed by media/people. It doesn't really serve a purpose to say they're releasing games you don't like.

Again, shitty post, wasting space, with personal attacks now, wow.

Apparently no one wished me luck - ended up with One Way Heroics and Thomas Was Alone. :)

Oh well, didn't have either...
Sorry dude, didn't see your message earlier. Now I can't help but feel responsible for you not getting SMRPG. :cry:

;)

But seriously though, if it's two games you didn't have before then I think you did well.

I still haven't got shipping confirmation on my Black Friday order of  a Vita copy of Stealth Inc and postcard grab bag. This is the longest any of my orders has taken to be shipped, but I know they are busy.

I got my blind box shipping notice about midweek, but nothing on my stealth, sticker and postcard order. 

I've gotten shipping notices within a few days of orders, and I've gotten them weeks after. Now that LRG is handling the orders again, I have ZERO worries.

On top of BF deals, they released a new game, they also missed several days due to PSX, plus maybe several more in preparations for that event. This is possibly one of their biggest amount of orders, on top of missing time away from the office, and it's holiday time. Things get behind, it happens.

Has anyone here never gotten their orders from LRG? If not, sit back and relax, it will show up, just maybe not when some of you want it to.

Has anyone here never gotten their orders from LRG? If not, sit back and relax, it will show up, just maybe not when some of you want it to.

My Shantae games were delivered to the wrong address by the post office (through no fault of LRG) and they wiped their hands clean of the matter. The real kicker is they successfully delivered my 3 soundtracks a few days later.

My Shantae games were delivered to the wrong address by the post office (through no fault of LRG) and they wiped their hands clean of the matter. The real kicker is they successfully delivered my 3 soundtracks a few days later.
Did the post office wipe their hands of the matter, or LRG?

Did the post office wipe their hands of the matter, or LRG?
The post office. After calling in and creating a case I was never contacted. When I checked my case number a few days later it said it was closed and resolved. No on had spoken to me. I called again and had it escalated which in turn got a miserable sounding woman to call me and assure me that I would something within the week. No call, case closed again.

I shot Doug @ LRG a long email detailing the whole situation but never received a response. I don't blame them, as they had absolute zero fault in the matter. I just asked them if I could purchase a copy of each again, I wasn't looking for a free replacement just a replacement at MSRP.

They helped me once in the past when my New N Tasty never showed up but that one was on their end. The tracking on the package had some kind of error and never went anywhere. Even refunded my shipping. They're good guys. They have to draw limits somewhere or else everyone would be writing in with a sob story.

Yeah, the post office is beyond terrible. I've replaced or refunded some orders in similar situations, but as you stated, I've also had to tell some customers to deal with the PO directly, as they deliver things wrong, and I can't fix every issue.

It's good to see LRG weren't the weak link here. When I know any hard to replace items are coming, I try to follow the tracking, so I can catch the postman, if it shows delivered and I didn't get it. If I have to deal with a postal supervisor, it's all but lost at that point, but sometime they do correct mistakes, but not as many as the don't sadly.

The post office. After calling in and creating a case I was never contacted. When I checked my case number a few days later it said it was closed and resolved. No on had spoken to me. I called again and had it escalated which in turn got a miserable sounding woman to call me and assure me that I would something within the week. No call, case closed again.

I shot Doug @ LRG a long email detailing the whole situation but never received a response. I don't blame them, as they had absolute zero fault in the matter. I just asked them if I could purchase a copy of each again, I wasn't looking for a free replacement just a replacement at MSRP.

They helped me once in the past when my New N Tasty never showed up but that one was on their end. The tracking on the package had some kind of error and never went anywhere. Even refunded my shipping. They're good guys. They have to draw limits somewhere or else everyone would be writing in with a sob story.
Sounds like your post office is full of jerks. :*(

My postman knows me very well since he delivers a package to me almost on a daily basis, so if he ever misdelivers something, which only happened like twice, he will go to the address to try and retrieve it for me. Luckily, the address it usually goes to the people are nice there too, so they sometimes just drop a package off to me without me having to go this route. I guess what I'm saying is that everyone in your area is a jerk. T___T

When did you contact LRG? They've been pretty slammed this past week catching up, so don't expect a super quick response.

They're also currently dealing with issues with their site, and their forums has been down the past few days, so it's kind of like a culmination of everything going bad at the wrong time.

I wouldn't rule out they can't help you out yet, but just letting you know to have patience as they've been pretty slow to respond to me as well in this week, but they're usually super good with responding back, especially Josh, and he hasn't even popped in here for awhile, or even on GAF, where they're more active.

Just seems like they're slammed atm, and they lost a week basically because of PSX.

Not excusing them for the current slowness, but there are certainly reasons for it.

Keep your hopes up. :D

bread's done
Back