Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Answering a question from pages back, I never thought to use my map instead of the one in the game lol! Now I feel dumb! If I go back for trophies I'll probably try that!

So three games on the 27th. As someone who only wants Oxenfree, that should be entertaining...
According to posts on their forums today, the 27th may not be happening either. It might be all three (well technically five if you consider the two dual platform releases) on Feb. 3rd.

I thought Cheapy's in the states nowadays?
He moved back to the US? Whoa! Sorry; I've been out of the CAGCast loop for a while.

I've actually just started listening to the CAGCasts from the beginning again. I'm in the 20's somewhere.

So, why did he move back to the states? He moved to Japan because of his wife and her job, was it the same for coming back to the states?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep and most games they just waste their time breaking even at best after fees. While we get more and more damn it I missed it after 2 minute posts. Went for Oddworld over Firewatch that day on LRG and glad I did as very few managed to be fast enough to buy both titles in the madness. Got a second shot at Firewatch yesterday and really expected the same thing. Eventually it's going to become seconds or who's internet is faster to be able to buy any title from LRG if the trend continues.
And supposedly 5 games , 4 of which have < 3500 print runs, all on the same day.

I'm dreading the next release bad right now... Haven't missed a single game since I started with 001 Breach and Clear.

I really really really hope there is a one button bundle for all 5 games (3 x PS4, 2 x PSV). And even then there may only be 100 of those, or it's a new thing and might crash...Or....

Usually Ill order the low print run first but I don't feel so good having to add 4 sub 3500 print items to cart before checking out... Shouldn't do so many releases at once, or at they very least spread out the low print games to sell alongside high volume ones.

Or just...You know...Stop doing small print runs by now...

I think everyone who sends in a pic with their collection to show they have ordered all games at max qty and still have them should get a hour head start :p

And supposedly 5 games , 4 of which have < 3500 print runs, all on the same day.

I'm dreading the next release bad right now... Haven't missed a single game since I started with 001 Breach and Clear.

I really really really hope there is a one button bundle for all 5 games (3 x PS4, 2 x PSV). And even then there may only be 100 of those, or it's a new thing and might crash...Or....

Usually Ill order the low print run first but I don't feel so good having to add 4 sub 3500 print items to cart before checking out... Shouldn't do so many releases at once, or at they very least spread out the low print games to sell alongside high volume ones.

Or just...You know...Stop doing small print runs by now...

I think everyone who sends in a pic with their collection to show they have ordered all games at max qty and still have them should get a hour head start :p
On the limited run forum page LRG said they are going to try and do 3 different options for add all to cart:
-All games
-PS4 only
-PS Vita only

It should be interesting..

It was mentioned they haven't tried it before which makes me fear a cart error on live and then it sells out :/

On the limited run forum page LRG said they are going to try and do 3 different options for add all to cart:
-All games
-PS4 only
-PS Vita only

It should be interesting..
I applaud the upgrades, but maybe they should have a dry run before this goes live, as I foresee possible issues, and trying it the day of? "Interesting" is the least of my concerns.

I hate when they release multiple titles on the same day, it's hell on my bank account! I haven't missed a Vita release aside from Breach and Clear though and seeing the prices for that game now make it something I may never add to my collection now.

I applaud the upgrades, but maybe they should have a dry run before this goes live, as I foresee possible issues, and trying it the day of? "Interesting" is the least of my concerns.
It's quite literally just a button that adds multiple items to the cart at the same time. It doesn't have any other bearing on functionality - it'll just save people from needing to jump between product pages to add items to their cart. There shouldn't be any reason why it would cause issues for people.

I only wanted to grab Oxenfree and Curses, was gonna skip Aqua Kitty. But if all three are gonna drop on one day with 2 of the three also having a Vita option, then yes, it might be a real cluster. At this point I'm leaning more towards the "bundle" option Doomstink mentioned just to avoid the stress, and trade Aqua Kitty to someone who missed it 6 months later.  

It's quite literally just a button that adds multiple items to the cart at the same time. It doesn't have any other bearing on functionality - it'll just save people from needing to jump between product pages to add items to their cart. There shouldn't be any reason why it would cause issues for people.
Sounds good Josh, I hope your right. I'm planning to get the Vita releases, so I'll give that option a go.

Is it going to be a button on the main shop page? Or a separate item? Or on the product itself with an additional button (or three)?

Good morning, everybody!

Thanks for the welcome back from peoples yesterday.

Hadn't slept for awhile, and since I arrived back at 6 in the morning, was struggling to stay awake for the rest of the day to avoid jet lag, lol.

Mission accomplished.

Sorry for the delayed, hellos. The trip was very much fun, but mad exhausting. ^____________T

tumblr_mdt6qpDEJk1rby56yo1_500.gif

Is it going to be a button on the main shop page? Or a separate item? Or on the product itself with an additional button (or three)?
It's most likely going to be a separate listing with all of the games, just the Vita, or the PS4 games.

Similar to how they did the Stranger's Wrath.

There won't be any new changes to the interface, really just a different listing for all those options, however, with the bundles, the quantities per platform available will change for the regular listings as the bundles will be holding up part of that inventory, etc. Just something to consider if you decide to just go for the singles releases, or picking through which ones you want that things may go faster than you'd think on the regular listings.

Shouldn't be too much of a strain, and they just need to strike that balance between inventory for all listings.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though as I'm sure they'll figure it out. ;D

I only wanted to grab Oxenfree and Curses, was gonna skip Aqua Kitty. But if all three are gonna drop on one day with 2 of the three also having a Vita option, then yes, it might be a real cluster. At this point I'm leaning more towards the "bundle" option Doomstink mentioned just to avoid the stress, and trade Aqua Kitty to someone who missed it 6 months later.
It sounds like the button/group options just add the individual games to the cart rather than selling an actual bundle. So it should be easy to do the one click to add them then another to remove the game/games you don't want since these are still the individual separate items.

Hopefully the script behind the button does a good job of accounting for games that have sold out.

What are the quantity limits on the five different SKUs, is it going to be two for each?   Can I hit the magic button twice? 

If there are different limits or anything out of the ordinary its going to make more sense to have five tabs open with all five product pages up.

It's most likely going to be a separate listing with all of the games, just the Vita, or the PS4 games.

Similar to how they did the Stranger's Wrath.

There won't be any new changes to the interface, really just a different listing for all those options, however, with the bundles, the quantities per platform available will change for the regular listings as the bundles will be holding up part of that inventory, etc. Just something to consider if you decide to just go for the singles releases, or picking through which ones you want that things may go faster than you'd think on the regular listings.

Shouldn't be too much of a strain, and they just need to strike that balance between inventory for all listings.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though as I'm sure they'll figure it out. ;D
I'm a natural worrier, haha. But thanks! :D

Hopefully the bundles will be a little bit higher in quantity than the Stranger's Wrath bundle, so I guess we'll have to see exactly how it all works out.

What are the quantity limits on the five different SKUs, is it going to be two for each? Can I hit the magic button twice?

If there are different limits or anything out of the ordinary its going to make more sense to have five tabs open with all five product pages up.
That's a good point.

I'm hoping the bundles will have doubaroo quantities available to add to cart.

What are the quantity limits on the five different SKUs, is it going to be two for each? Can I hit the magic button twice?

Don't know about Oxenfree, but the other two (or four really) are one per person since they are limited to 2500 units each.

Having worked in IT for too long, I always suggest testing, testing again, and getting the dumbest user you can find to test it and break it once more.

That said, I hope it goes off flawlessly. Looking forward to adding these releases to my backlog.

As much as I want oxenfree just to try ill pass. If I want it enough ill play the pc version. Looks good but its a linear game not much replayability so a physical copy for me wouldnt do much. Now salt and sanctuary is one im looking forward too.

There's a chance they may be holding them up to be announced since there's not an official release day for anything yet.

I mean, I don't think many people are clamoring to pay separate shipping for them to get them sooner anyways, so they'll probably just announce the status of those once there's actually orders to ship so they can just include them.

From the forum posts from last week though, it sounded like they were still working on them.

I apologize if this is the wrong thread and also if the question has been asked before. What's the deal with Wild Guns: Re-loaded on Amazon? I barely remember this game when it originally released and I wasn't even aware of this updated release. It looks like it came out a few weeks ago. But I guess the strangest thing is that they have a version that comes with a key chain for $30 and a version without the key chain for $40. What am I missing? 

I apologize if this is the wrong thread and also if the question has been asked before. What's the deal with Wild Guns: Re-loaded on Amazon? I barely remember this game when it originally released and I wasn't even aware of this updated release. It looks like it came out a few weeks ago. But I guess the strangest thing is that they have a version that comes with a key chain for $30 and a version without the key chain for $40. What am I missing?
You're missing the right thread to post this in.

The $30 is directly from Natsume, so if anything, you'd probably be safer ordering it through them to get the keychain.

The keychain is an print bonus, like many other games, so it wasn't a specific edition that you have to pick up for it.

I haven't been around for a few weeks, so I'm not sure if it's been discussed there yet, but typically your answer for none LRG games would be answered either here, or possibly in here, but more likely the Niche Deals thread.

I'd tell you more specifically, but just too lazy to look through the threads myself since I haven't read anything there for a few weeks. You should be able to do the leg work for this one now. ;D

Different sellers.

So, there's nothing tomorrow, right?
I dont mind the shipping costs,slow shipping, etc etc but i would like yo have better updates on the site when items go for sale... i dont check their site everyday and need to know when items are coming up...

I dont mind the shipping costs,slow shipping, etc etc but i would like yo have better updates on the site when items go for sale... i dont check their site everyday and need to know when items are coming up...
The first page here normally updates when game dates are given, and LRG normally update Twitter and such at least a week or so before a sale.

You can also sign up on their site for their newsletter or whatever(BEST OPTION), and anytime a new game and date are announced, you'll get an email stating as such. It's not to hard to know when games are coming with a little effort.

If we were getting Oxenfree tomorrow I think we would know by now. I'll still be checking the LRG site at 8:55AM tomorrow (I'm on Central time) just to be sure, but I think notices would have gone out by now if it was happening. 

The first page here normally updates when game dates are given, and LRG normally update Twitter and such at least a week or so before a sale.

You can also sign up on their site for their newsletter or whatever(BEST OPTION), and anytime a new game and date are announced, you'll get an email stating as such. It's not to hard to know when games are coming with a little effort.
I know all this but they should give more lead time... just ooh next week is short notice... they can plan this out better

The fact that people are still questioning whether Oxenfree is coming out tomorrow shows that LRG's communication with release dates could be a bit clearer. And just to be clear I am signed up for their newsletter and I was still unclear about Oxenfree until recently.

I know all this but they should give more lead time... just ooh next week is short notice... they can plan this out better
They kind of just offer games when the time comes. They aren't GS or Amazon, where release date is given, and the games arrive to be sold on a specific day. They have games that are supposed to arrive at a certain time, but delays happen, that is why Oxenfree didn't happen.

I've seen a lot of issues with LRG since they began, and I've understood most, but I'm really not understanding this one at all. Sign up for their email updates, and if they don't send you a message, there is no releases that week. If you do get it, the date is given. If someone needs weeks or months advance warning, maybe you should stop buying LRG releases.

Pretty much.  My only gripe is they now have what 50,000 followers and still do 2500 print runs.  I thought we were past that and only doing 7500+.  It's a love and hate ordeal. Bane of my collector OCD making me nervous and dreading 2 second sellouts...

I've gotten every release so far but never faced anything as bad as 4 x 2500 print games at the same time in

Totally agree with above. Lrg is way too big to be doing these small runs.

With a release scheduled every Friday now it's impractical for me to be home and at a pc every time. I can try on my phone but who knows how that'll go. I've had a good streak but I'm just not optimistic about holding it all year. I wish people weren't so awful about the subscription.

Pretty much. My only gripe is they now have what 50,000 followers and still do 2500 print runs. I thought we were past that and only doing 7500+. It's a love and hate ordeal. Bane of my collector OCD making me nervous and dreading 2 second sellouts...

I've gotten every release so far but never faced anything as bad as 4 x 2500 print games at the same time in <=1100 unit batches is....Ugh...

Just hoping the "buy all" batches aren't limited to like 50-100 also. I have a 10 gig circuit at work but the website itself can't respond fast enough, + PayPal is slow. Not sure why we have "please wait" spinning things in this age where computers are capable of tens of GB/sec speeds even at a consumer econoPC level... and a payment transaction is 1000 bytes tops. Who doesn't run SQL on 100% flash these days?
18.5K followers.

With a release scheduled every Friday now it's impractical for me to be home and at a pc every time. I can try on my phone but who knows how that'll go. I've had a good streak but I'm just not optimistic about holding it all year. I wish people weren't so awful about the subscription.
If it's any comfort, my best luck purchasing has been when using my iphone and safari.

I wish people weren't so awful about the subscription.
I'm starting to reconsider the subscription. It's far too stressful trying to be available 9am ̶E̶S̶T̶ CST. Having to dodge conversations and being a little late to meetings. I can't imagine how stressful it is for people that are going for a complete LRG collection.

Edit: Time Zone :error:

I'm starting to reconsider the subscription. It's far too stressful trying to be available 9am EST. Having to dodge conversations and being a little late to meetings. I can't imagine how stressful it is for people that are going for a complete LRG collection.
But.. there's nothing live at 9 a.m. EST

bread's done
Back