Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I think the more relevant item here is that comparing physical vs digital for a PC game is not the same as a console/handheld. Most PC game sales are digital but console/handheld games still sell a significant portion on physical media, even if that's a downward trend.
It's still rather unreasonable to assume that AV would sell 200K physical copies on console/handheld at $29.99 when it can't sell 10K on PC in a comparable package at $19.99. I agree that consoles and handhelds are a stronger market for physical releases, but it's not a factor of 20 or more.

For reference, we pitched a run of 7,500 per platform on PS4/Vita. To match the revenue they would have made from 15K units through us (which would have come in a single weekend), they'll need to sell 40K - 60K units at retail. If that happens, it's going to take a lot longer than a weekend. With Tom being in need of money to support his family, I hope you all can understand why I think going retail out the gate was a bad move when they could've gone through us and then done retail. If the units they press don't sell, it will definitely impact the earnings of the developer in a substantial way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really care about LRG anymore until someone helps me track down a copy of Breach & Clear.  I have continued to support them by buying (multiples when its permitted) every single other PS4 and Vita release and right now I feel like a fool for doing so.  Sorry, but you can't help the way you feel.

Like has been said, there are other companies out there putting out very attractive releases of games I want to buy like the PC Indiebox steelbooks for $19.99 each, now Axiom Verge from another publisher, physical Shovel Knight on Vita, and several other various releases.   All things I've had to forego in order to keep up with LRG.  I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth anymore.  I've never had a single customer complaint, and service is supposed to go both ways.  I have been servicing them with hundreds of dollars a month for quite some time.  I surely don't expect that anyone here will care, I'm just sayin'.

I don't really care about LRG anymore until someone helps me track down a copy of Breach & Clear. I have continued to support them by buying (multiples when its permitted) every single other PS4 and Vita release and right now I feel like a fool for doing so. Sorry, but you can't help the way you feel.

Like has been said, there are other companies out there putting out very attractive releases of games I want to buy like the PC Indiebox steelbooks for $19.99 each, now Axiom Verge from another publisher, physical Shovel Knight on Vita, and several other various releases. All things I've had to forego in order to keep up with LRG. I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth anymore. I've never had a single customer complaint, and service is supposed to go both ways. I have been servicing them with hundreds of dollars a month for quite some time. I surely don't expect that anyone here will care, I'm just sayin'.
[emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8] [emoji8]

I don't really care about LRG anymore until someone helps me track down a copy of Breach & Clear. I have continued to support them by buying (multiples when its permitted) every single other PS4 and Vita release and right now I feel like a fool for doing so. Sorry, but you can't help the way you feel.

Like has been said, there are other companies out there putting out very attractive releases of games I want to buy like the PC Indiebox steelbooks for $19.99 each, now Axiom Verge from another publisher, physical Shovel Knight on Vita, and several other various releases. All things I've had to forego in order to keep up with LRG. I don't feel like I'm getting my money's worth anymore. I've never had a single customer complaint, and service is supposed to go both ways. I have been servicing them with hundreds of dollars a month for quite some time. I surely don't expect that anyone here will care, I'm just sayin'.
You want a free copy of Breach & Clear or you'll stop buying from us?

The rollout has been delayed thanks to so many compounding issues but the rewards program will give you a chance to get free stuff for buying from us. It won't be a free copy of Breach & Clear but it will be free merch, coupons, or newer games.

No, not for free.  How about for a hundred bucks? I am reasonable. Just can't pay Ebay prices of $200. 

The rollout has been delayed thanks to so many compounding issues but the rewards program will give you a chance to get free stuff for buying from us.
Thanks Josh, I'm really looking forward to the rewards program. I'm more than happy just getting physical games at a decent price, but offering this program shows you care about giving back to the community, and that's cool.

Actually Soedesco has been pretty consistent with releasing PS4 games over the last year. The reason they don't have more games listed for 2017 is they tend to show up on Amazon (and other online retailers) about a month before they come out. For example Earthlock: Festival of Magic just came out a couple weeks ago and they had a new title listed for the end of March (though don't recall the name right now). And while they rarely ever sell out, they also rarely go on huge discount. I think the cheapest I've seen them go was when Adam's Venture Origins was going for under $15 with a $50 MSRP, but that was severely overpriced to begin with.
I actually follow all the companies that release physical games in the US and Europe and Soedesco keeps it's website and Facebook pretty up to date with upcoming games they have signed. They had pretty consistent releases last year because they were catching up with their prior European releases. This year it's far less volume and again, you're talking one release every few months versus 4-6 releases per month from LRG. Soedesco also doesn't release on Vita in the US (going so far as to skip Teslagrad that did get a UK release) and also gets little retail distribution beyond Amazon in the US. It just makes the point that LRG has been the only publisher to figure out high volume releasing of physical niche titles and the secret to their success has been the limited nature of their releases.

No, not for free. How about for a hundred bucks? I am reasonable. Just can't pay Ebay prices of $200.
I don't want to straight up sell one of my copies, but I have an open offer to trade a new sealed B&C for either of the two Dreamcast games I'm missing from my PAL set - MoHo or Taxi 2 (French game, not Crazy Taxi 2). I can't seem to catch when they pop up online so if someone else can snag either and wants one of my personal copies of B&C, that offer is out there. Taxi 2 is only ~$80 when it shows up and MoHo is usually $100. I'm looking for them to be complete.

While I agree that no game is worth $200, no matter how "rare", it also sounds like you have a self-created problem there. Or do you just really want to play Breach & Clear on the Vita that badly?

I don't want to straight up sell one of my copies, but I have an open offer to trade a new sealed B&C for either of the two Dreamcast games I'm missing from my PAL set - MoHo or Taxi 2 (French game, not Crazy Taxi 2). I can't seem to catch when they pop up online so if someone else can snag either and wants one of my personal copies of B&C, that offer is out there. Taxi 2 is only ~$80 when it shows up and MoHo is usually $100. I'm looking for them to be complete.
As someone who has owned both those games in the past, not worth their market value.

Keep hearing Cosmic Star Heroine will go first dibs for Kickstarter backers. 

There are 6414 backers... This KS was over by the time I heard about it...  I'm certain this KS was over before LRG was even a thing even before the first Vita B&C.

Going to have plenty right...? Right?

Or will the last 90 copies be thrown up for amusement watching us fight for scraps...

There are 6414 backers... This KS was over by the time I heard about it... I'm certain this KS was over before LRG was even a thing even before the first Vita B&C.

Or will the last 90 copies be thrown up for amusement watching us fight for scraps...
Where, and whom did you hear this from? This sounds more like bandwagon speculations rather than anything Zeboyd or LRG has mentioned.

Also, even if there are that many backers, there's a low chance that even half of them are going to want a Vita copy, so it wouldn't be nearly that bad.

There's also the case of the recent KS partnerships, and if they're all any indicators, CSH will probably end up having their own variant that will be specific to backers, while LRG will sell their own variant through their stores.

In any case, stop panicking needlessly, as it's just wasted energy. No point in stressing over something that's not even in the works yet, especially since nothing has been announced or noted in regards to quantity distribution that is from an official party of the project or partnership. :p

Where, and whom did you hear this from? This sounds more like bandwagon speculations rather than anything Zeboyd or LRG has mentioned.

Also, even if there are that many backers, there's a low chance that even half of them are going to want a Vita copy, so it wouldn't be nearly that bad.

There's also the case of the recent KS partnerships, and if they're all any indicators, CSH will probably end up having their own variant that will be specific to backers, while LRG will sell their own variant through their stores.

In any case, stop panicking needlessly, as it's just wasted energy. No point in stressing over something that's not even in the works yet, especially since nothing has been announced or noted in regards to quantity distribution that is from an official party of the project or partnership. :p
We announced early on that backers would have a chance to order copies first. It was actually in Zeboyd's announcement from October 2015.

The fear that all 6000 backers would buy a copy is unfounded, though. They won't. Not everyone cares about physical games and most of their backers were on PC. There will be plenty of copies to go around.

No Kickstarter exclusive cover on this one - that'd be a little unfair since hardcore LRG collectors would have had no chance to back the project. It's literallu just an early purchase opportunity and may even end up being a preorder for backers (which would mean any worrying is completely moot).

We announced early on that backers would have a chance to order copies first. It was actually in Zeboyd's announcement from October 2015.

The fear that all 6000 backers would buy a copy is unfounded, though. They won't. Not everyone cares about physical games and most of their backers were on PC. There will be plenty of copies to go around.

No Kickstarter exclusive cover on this one - that'd be a little unfair since hardcore LRG collectors would have had no chance to back the project. It's literallu just an early purchase opportunity and may even end up being a preorder for backers (which would mean any worrying is completely moot).
Ah, that was awhile ago, so guess it makes sense I wouldn't remember that since it hasn't really been reaffirmed in any announcements as of late, or not one I remember seeing.

But as I noted, and you've alluded to as well, a good portion of the backers will more than likely not be holding up he physical copies of the release anyways, so I'm not worried from that perspective, nor should anyone be.

Good to know there won't be an alternate variant for this one though, at least for my peace of mind. :p

There are 6414 backers... This KS was over by the time I heard about it... I'm certain this KS was over before LRG was even a thing even before the first Vita B&C.

I hadnt heard of that game. I checked it out and if it gets a release physically Id buy it. Reminded me a lot of phantasy star for some reason and genesis/sega cd era rpgs which was my favorite time period.

I hadnt heard of that game. I checked it out and if it gets a release physically Id buy it. Reminded me a lot of phantasy star for some reason and genesis/sega cd era rpgs which was my favorite time period.
To date, it is probably the most wanted LRG release so far. It's the one title that everyone seems to want.

The physical version is coming, it's just a matter of the wait. Last year it was announced to be release by summers end, but as you can see, that didn't happen. Once the game is completed, I'm sure we will all be the first to know.

Hey Josh, any progress updates on Salt and Sanctuary? Last article I read (December I think?) They were putting the final touches on the Vita version and were preparing for a Q1 release. 

I know this isn't an LRG release, but I think people here would be interested. Blue Rider, a PS4 shmup, is getting a physical limited edition release on PS4, sold by Play Asia:

https://www.play-asia.com/info/bluerider?ref=slider

You can sign up for the preorder email, 2500 copies total, preorder starts March 10.
Thanks for posting this information. There can never be enough shmups for the PS4/Vita. I'll be pre-ordering as soon as it's listed on PlayAsia.

It's not even letting me click the email link to sign up. All 2,500 copies already spoken for maybe? Holy shit. :whistle2:
It let me type my email (click where it says "Type your email address" or whatever) then hit "Enter" to confirm my sign-up.

AV is coming in March (I'm assuming you meant March)? Is it available for pre-order anywhere?
To my knowledge, there was no date given or information on preorders yet, and the video just shows Q2 2017, which if accurate, would be April, May or June.

After that Nindie blowout yesterday, I hope LRG is taking a look at the Switch.
They announced awhile back that they where, but they also looked at the 3DS and Wii U, and you see where that lead. If "N" really wants the NS to succeed, they need to do what Sony does and work with any and everyone to make things happen for your system that can be viewed in the positive.

We all want to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath, so my cup is "half full" at the moment, and we'll see if that changes anytime soon.

They announced awhile back that they where, but they also looked at the 3DS and Wii U, and you see where that lead. If "N" really wants the NS to succeed, they need to do what Sony does and work with any and everyone to make things happen for your system that can be viewed in the positive.

We all want to see it happen, but I'm not holding my breath, so my cup is "half full" at the moment, and we'll see if that changes anytime soon.
Tbh i hope it doesnt happen if amounts avail arent enough. I dont blame nintendo for lrg doing there platforms. Switch is too new to limit games to 2000 physical. There will be blood lets just say that.

If anyone is looking for Firewatch (PS4), I'm selling my brand new copy for $40 shipped. PM me. If this post isn't allowed, please delete it. Thanks!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

bread's done
Back