Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I thought so too, but I was apparently wrong. Here is the fine print from the order form - "Our customer service team will coordinate redemption. You may redeem this coupon at any point after a game is announced to guarantee a copy. You will be responsible for paying any difference in price between the coupon discount ($24.99) and the game price."
Oh rad. That definitely makes it worth saving for.

Also thanks for the replies on regards to csh. I don't keep up with this stuff beyond knowing when lrg is dropping them.

For anyone hot to play Cosmic Star Heroine it is crossbuy on PSN and has a PS+ preorder discount of 20% off right now. So $11.99 gets both versions. First the ps4 version on the 4/11 and then Vita version when it hits the store. This is probably how I'll go about getting the game to determine how much I want the Vita version in physical form... though I'm not against just getting it on steam either since I have all of Zeeboyds other games over there.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/cosmic-star-heroine/cid=UP0707-CUSA03167_00-ZEBOYDCSHFG00001

As for the Vita version, read this (and specifically the comments where the dev responds):

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1596638143/cosmic-star-heroine-sci-fi-spy-rpg-for-pc-mac-ps4/posts/1821265

In the comments the dev mentions after the PC/PS4 versions come out the next priority is finishing the Linux & Mac versions and then the Vita version after that (but before the X1 version). More importantly the dev states...

We haven't decided on an exact date for the physical release with LRG yet, but I don't expect it to be any sooner than 2 months after the digital launch. Gotta give us time to catch our breath. :)
So with the game coming out April 11th, there's pretty much no chance it'll be out with LRG before June 11th. It might even be pushing it to suggest it'll be out in June if the dev is saying 2 months after the digital Vita version. Whatever the case the game, once done on Vita, will have to go through Sony approval and then it'll have to sit in the cue for production once things are handed off to LRG for their part. Production delays, approval issues, anything can push this off.

So.. if you are hot for CSH (this and the Dragon Fantasy 1 remake are the games I want from LRG), it is probably better to just get the digital version with the 20% off to play the game as soon as it's available rather than waiting and waiting for the physical version. To me, this is the kind of game I probably won't mind mind owning in multiple places.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really? Which publisher or retailer offers 5% back in rewards? Best Buy only offers 2% RZ and that's assuming you are either Elite or pay for GCU and get a full point per dollar and not .5 points which is what regular members get now. Gamestop is also 2% unless you pay for the Pro membership. Target gives 5% off but you have to apply for a credit card. I'm just not following who you are referring to when you say that 5% is "more common".
You don't have to apply for just a credit card for Target. They provide the option to use a debit card that they mail over which is completely free and you still get the 5%.

Also if you sign up for an American Express blue cash everyday card they provide 10% back on amazon purchases for the first 6 months.

Zeboyd originally started off as an XNA developer, releasing some of his earliest titles on Xbox Live. (for the 360) It is likely that he is using MonoGame for developing Cosmic Star Heroine. This should make it relatively easy for him to port the game to other platforms. MonoGame is a cross-platform friendly framework. Specific testing and optimization would need to be done for each platform, but it isn't as difficult as porting a game from the ground up.

I thought about that too, but the tickets are not transferable so, no...
Greed>Literacy

I can still see the possibility that some people will slip up, but probably not as many as people would think.

If re-sellers are smart they would just use the tickets and sell the rewards they get with the tickets.

You don't have to apply for just a credit card for Target. They provide the option to use a debit card that they mail over which is completely free and you still get the 5%.

Also if you sign up for an American Express blue cash everyday card they provide 10% back on amazon purchases for the first 6 months.
Again, there are many non-branded credit cards that can be used when buying games with LRG that can give you 1% - 2% cash back plus the rewards LRG are offering. LRG is not in the credit business and they aren't looking to profit from fees and interest like American Express and Target's financial partners are looking to do. If you have examples of retailers and especially small businesses that routinely offer 5% in rewards without requiring you to go through additional hoops (i.e. spending thousands of dollars or paying for a membership like GCU) or taking additional financial risks (like opening a credit card account on relatively high interest store brand cards), I'd love to hear about them. Otherwise, people need to stop complaining about the LRG rewards program.

No i wasnt complaining about it. I love LRG. Im glad they do any type of reward and put this rewards in the same category as what Nintendo use to have and what square enix has with their members rewards. People were saying most is 2-3% cash back on cards with 5% at target and i was mentioning there are cards with more.

without requiring you to go through additional hoops
Like spending $1000+ on 40 games, saving paper tickets and having to mail them back in?

or taking additional financial risks (like opening a credit card account on relatively high interest store brand cards)
The interest rate is irrelevant. If you're paying interest on credit cards, then you need to pay them off before worrying about getting the best rewards. Credit cards are only beneficial if you don't carry a balance.

In this thread right now there's too much of this,

tumblr_inline_nusmjiPlk81r5ioas_500.gif

and not enough of this,

OmakeGifAnime-NonNonBiyori-Episode11-SnowHouse_zps4d7e5bd3.gif~original.gif

Like spending $1000+ on 40 games, saving paper tickets and having to mail them back in?

The interest rate is irrelevant. If you're paying interest on credit cards, then you need to pay them off before worrying about getting the best rewards. Credit cards are only beneficial if you don't carry a balance.
Again, nobody is requiring you to save up for the free game. There are a number of other lower ticket items. Yes, there is some effort required to mail in the tickets, but going to an automated point system was going to run $500 a month and this was the compromise they reached to roll out the program. Frankly, I don't think mailing the tickets in is as big a hoop as applying for a credit card, spending thousands of dollars to quality for a certain point accrual rate or paying $30 for a membership, but that's just me I guess.

I agree that nobody should maintain a credit card balance. It doesn't change the fact that many people do and store credit cards lull people into thinking they are saving lots of money despite the fact that they end up paying many times the savings they receive in interest and penalties over time.

Also there are numerous credit cards with no apr for up to 18 months and if you do your research and manage your finances effectively all your doing is raising your credit score and getting money back for spending money you would of already spent

going to an automated point system was going to run $500 a month and this was the compromise they reached to roll out the program.
If that's the case, IMO the money and time spent on the program in its current state would've been better served improving the website, bringing shipping back down to $4.99, etc...

Frankly, I don't think mailing the tickets in is as big a hoop as applying for a credit card, spending thousands of dollars to quality for a certain point accrual rate or paying $30 for a membership, but that's just me I guess.
I would hope it isn't, considering you're not getting anywhere close to the benefits for doing so.

And again, it's just hyperbole you keep repeating.

I spent 15 minutes applying for my Amazon card years ago, haven't paid any interest, and don't have any minimum spending requirements to get 5% back on everything.

GCU is $15/year, $1.25 a month, and in addition to the 20% discount you get better rewards.

Target's Red Card only requires a bank account, 5% off everything.

I'll take a quality paid rewards program over a bad free one any day.

It doesn't change the fact that many people do and store credit cards lull people into thinking they are saving lots of money despite the fact that they end up paying many times the savings they receive in interest and penalties over time.
That's not the fault of the store. As I said, if you're not financially responsible, there are more important things to worry about than reward programs.

If that's the case, IMO the money and time spent on the program in its current state would've been better served improving the website, bringing shipping back down to $4.99, etc...

I would hope it isn't, considering you're not getting anywhere close to the benefits for doing so.

And again, it's just hyperbole you keep repeating.

I spent 15 minutes applying for my Amazon card years ago, haven't paid any interest, and don't have any minimum spending requirements to get 5% back on everything.

GCU is $15/year, $1.25 a month, and in addition to the 20% discount you get better rewards.

Target's Red Card only requires a bank account, 5% off everything.

I'll take a quality paid rewards program over a bad free one any day.

That's not the fault of the store. As I said, if you're not financially responsible, there are more important things to worry about than reward programs.
The program in its current state involves sending you a numbered ticket that cost less than a penny to print for each game sold and digitally publishing a catalog. When you redeem, it will take the employee maybe a minute to process. There isn't exactly a lot of extra expense that could be plowed back into the website or used to further subsidize shipping.

As for Amazon, up until a month or two ago, their credit card only offered 3% back on Amazon purchases, so you essentially accepted much less than 5% for years. Similarly, to receive the 20% new game discount, you need to spend $100/year for Prime. GCU is still $30 regardless of how you amortize the cost in your own head. Regardless, you're talking about massive national retailers and none of them offer a 5% reward program for simply being an average customer who just buys the products being sold. Every single example you have cited involves applying for and using a specific credit card or debit card or paying for a program or having to hit a certain spending target to even qualify for the 5%+ rewards accrual rate on purchases. Look, I have Prime and GCU and a Red Card and an Amazon credit card. I enjoy the rewards they provide. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate a free gift from a small business that would continue to sell out of their product whether they offered the program or not. You might think it's a "bad" program but to me it's neat that they are doing something like this with a real retro feel that they don't have to do at all.

This will be my final comment on the rewards program as I only wanted to share my opinion since I know a very specific CAG member visits this thread.

I'll admit that I may have been over reaching with my "more common 5% rewards programs" statement by including non-gaming retailers (but they do exist), but I feel it is still a valid comparison with NISA. And even then, I conceded that $5 per $100 reward was too much for LRG and said that $25 credit was fine, but needed another lower reward tier.

My point was and still is, aside from the redundant random leftovers, the monetary discount reward could be in a smaller interval, like 8 tix/games = $5 off voucher (basically free shipping within the US). For me, I'd like to use my rewards sooner rather than later with the option to save up for the 'big prize'.

And that's the real problem, the rewards.
Yes, there other reward options. But let's be real, the other options have a far less perceived value than the 'free' game.

Random leftover checklists/stickers (which you get free with purchase already) means you could get something you already have (or don't want). I don't know about you, but I shop LRG for the games. If all orders going forward did not include a sticker and/or checklist I would not stop buying, nor would I demand that lost 'value' be reflected in the game price. So, is redeeming tickets for them really a reward?

Then there's the random labels & cover art. Last I checked these are included with the purchase of a game too, well they're part of the product. Who would want these without the physical game? Again, is this truly a reward?

Random CD? Ok, that's something, but IMHO has very limited appeal. Again, if they never printed another CD, it would not matter to me. Also, @ 25 tickets you're more that half way to that 'free' game, why gamble them away here?

Granted there are 2 exclusive options (sticker and keychain), but @ .62 a ticket*, hardly seems worth it. So by process of elimination; The 'free' game is the best value, provided you spend the least amount of money.
*Because 2 of the reward options are items with a known dollar value, it is only natural to 'convert' that to the value of a ticket. Shipping costs are ignored.

In away, LRG is issuing tickets on dollars spent, but it is restricted dollars and an average. Games on average cost $25 (no shipping). So, you earn 1 ticket per $25 (on average) spent on games. That means you earn no rewards for additional money spent on more expensive games, LRG brand merch (shirts, hoodies) or CDs (individually or bundled with a game). Quite frankly, these items should count. I mean, hoarders/flippers are not buying the LRG branded merch.

As many have said, "they don't need to" reward us. I agree. Literally, they do not need to. Where else can you buy these physical copies? No where. The loyalty is tied to the exclusivity of the product. If you want the cart/disc, you have to go to LRG. In fact, if the average release started costing $30 (no shipping) and there was no rewards program...I doubt many would think twice about it, myself included.

Again, I appreciate the gesture of LRG wanting to reward customers. I feel that this initial effort falls short and seems, frankly, rushed.

Who cares about some fuel saver rewards system.   The focus should be on publishing higher quality games and not bundle fodder or PS Plus freebies. 

^Same, it's a fair price. I would have backed Sundered, but $75 was far too steep for me. Plus now I don't have to sweat about constantly refreshing the product page when/if this gets a standard LRG release down the line. Looks like a fun little Ghosts N' Goblins clone.

It's more than likely going to get funded since it's already 1/4 of the way and it's only been a day.

At the very least it'll hit it's goal, and it'll be interesting to see what other kinds of things that will be added to the project.

The real question for most will be whether they want the exclusive variant, or just wait for LRG to carry it. ;P

Battle Princess Madelyn kickstarter added a $45 CDN option to just get the LRG PS4 game, pretty affordable in line with regular LRG pricing

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/causalbitgames/battle-princess-madelyn

Estimated Delivery is Feb 2018, so you gotta decide if you wanna take the Kickstarter gamble and tie up your money that long
Oh Snap, thanks for posting this. I've been following this for a few weeks since I first saw it was coming to the NS/Wii U. I didn't know they planned a KS for it, but I'm for sure going to support this, as I love G&G, and it's beyond apparent Capcom won't be making anymore games.

I'm going to request they drop the Wii U version, and add the Vita, especially with LRG support. By the time this is released, the Wii U will be long gone for most. I guess I'll have to go with the PS4 LRG tier, but I would rather have this on a handheld, so hopefully the NS gets a physical version as well.

EDIT: Hey, I just pledged to the LRG option, and I also hit up the comments with a Vita request. If anyone else is interested, please do the same. At the very least, if demand is there, hopefully they will add a Vita stretch goal. Why the Wii U is seeing a version over the Vita seems mind boggling, as the U is dead now, a year from now, it will be 6 feet under. LOL

They increased the number of copies for the LRG only tier run from 100 to 150, hope they don't sit here and keep bumping the number up -_-

EDIT: Hey, I just pledged to the LRG option, and I also hit up the comments with a Vita request. If anyone else is interested, please do the same. At the very least, if demand is there, hopefully they will add a Vita stretch goal. Why the Wii U is seeing a version over the Vita seems mind boggling, as the U is dead now, a year from now, it will be 6 feet under. LOL
wouldn't exactly call the Vita the most lively system around either :\

Oh Snap, thanks for posting this. I've been following this for a few weeks since I first saw it was coming to the NS/Wii U. I didn't know they planned a KS for it, but I'm for sure going to support this, as I love G&G, and it's beyond apparent Capcom won't be making anymore games.

I'm going to request they drop the Wii U version, and add the Vita, especially with LRG support. By the time this is released, the Wii U will be long gone for most. I guess I'll have to go with the PS4 LRG tier, but I would rather have this on a handheld, so hopefully the NS gets a physical version as well.

Agreed, a game like this just feels so much more appropriate on a handheld like the Vita. Sadly I'm too late to pledge.. will have to do the LRG scramble for a copy sometime in the future lol. Hopefully for a Vita version too.

Edit: N/m, wasn't looking closely enough. Managed to snag one yay.

wouldn't exactly call the Vita the most lively system around either :\
I would say it currently has more support than the Wii U, 3DS, and NS. A year from now when the game releases, who knows? But I would personally rather pledge funds to a Vita version than any other platform given the choice.

I pledged to support the game, as even though I may not get the system I want,I can always remote play from the PS4(once I get one), so that's better than nothing.

They increased the number of copies for the LRG only tier run from 100 to 150, hope they don't sit here and keep bumping the number up -_-
Looks like it's 250 now and I'm sure they'll increase it as needed. Even if they hit their cap whatever that might be, they are apparently offering it in several of the higher level tiers as well and those don't have any limits.

Kinda nice if they add physical Vita version. I'm holding off till APRIL :)
Their already damn near 50% funded within a day, so this should go well over their asking funds by the end of the month, so I think a Vita version is more than possible, as there a lot of request for it in the comments.

I would say it currently has more support than the Wii U, 3DS, and NS.
Seriously? You think the Vita has more support than the 3DS? I can see an argument being made for the Wii U, and the Switch is extremely fresh on the market, so hardly any game releases. But the 3DS? The handheld with hundreds of high quality titles? The handheld that is still being stocked on store shelves? I haven't seen a Vita in the wild for about a year and a half, and GameStop is the only store where I see the games for it carried. I think saying that the Vita has more support than the 3DS is a bit of a stretch.

Seriously? You think the Vita has more support than the 3DS? I can see an argument being made for the Wii U, and the Switch is extremely fresh on the market, so hardly any game releases. But the 3DS? The handheld with hundreds of high quality titles? The handheld that is still being stocked on store shelves? I haven't seen a Vita in the wild for about a year and a half, and GameStop is the only store where I see the games for it carried. I think saying that the Vita has more support than the 3DS is a bit of a stretch.
I'm not referring to the past 3DS library(or past support), but how many games it has moving forward from this point. Outside of what "N" has shown last year, there isn't much outside of that. The Vita schedule is pretty busy throughout this year.

The whole point I'm making is in regards to the Vita probably being a better place for the Madelyn game, than these other devices would be, as it is doing better than those as far as current support goes. Look below for proof of that.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/vita

https://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds

Okay, that is a valid argument. The 3DS does appear to be getting less development support going into 2017. Of course, everyone has been banging on for months how this is an inevitable consequence of the Switch releasing. And as usual, 95% of those upcoming releases for the Vita are from Japanese studios. (the same place that the majority of Vita releases have been coming from for years now) Ports of titles being concurrently released on other platforms (frequently the PS4) and localizations of titles that have been out in Japan for quite some time do not necessarily demonstrate "support" so much as a desire to grab whatever audience they can.

Okay, that is a valid argument. The 3DS does appear to be getting less development support going into 2017. Of course, everyone has been banging on for months how this is an inevitable consequence of the Switch releasing. And as usual, 95% of those upcoming releases for the Vita are from Japanese studios. (the same place that the majority of Vita releases have been coming from for years now) Ports of titles being concurrently released on other platforms (frequently the PS4) and localizations of titles that have been out in Japan for quite some time do not necessarily demonstrate "support" so much as a desire to grab whatever audience they can.
As soon as "N" support ends for their devices, it's over. Those few last games shown for the 3DS last year, is all it's going to see moving forward, as "N" wan't buyers to go to the NS. Which is complete stupidity in my opinion, as the 3DS user base is HUGE, and a game there is going to sale better by default than the NS due to that.

Of course, the only way to get new support, is to supply as much as they can to the NS, but most of what that is getting, is 1st party ports, and indies titles available elsewhere, so the NS isn't really in any better shape than the Vita currently.

The Vita has support, and you may not like the games offered, but just looking at the release schedule compared to the 3DS, Wii U, or the NS for that matter, it looks like a bunch of developers see more money to be made there, over anything "N" is currently offering. As I stated, bringing that Madelyne game to the Wii U is a complete and utter waste of time, funds & resources, and I think if the Vita got a port, it would sale better the the Wii U option for sure, and possibly the NS as well.

People saying the Vita is dead, the release list says and shows otherwise.

Don't get me wrong, I definitely love my Vita

Anyone excited for Runner 2 tomorrow? looking forward to picking that up

The Vita has support, and you may not like the games offered, but just looking at the release schedule compared to the 3DS, Wii U, or the NS for that matter, it looks like a bunch of developers see more money to be made there, over anything "N" is currently offering. As I stated, bringing that Madelyne game to the Wii U is a complete and utter waste of time, funds & resources, and I think if the Vita got a port, it would sale better the the Wii U option for sure, and possibly the NS as well.
Oh, I have no objection to the Japanese-style games that the Vita predominantly gets. I'm a pretty big anime fan, and have no problem with the art style or storytelling that frequently shows up in such titles. I also happen to really like the Visual Novel format, especially when they throw in a little problem solving or adventure game elements, so titles like Danganronpa are right up my alley.

But I'm also a realist. Just because the Vita has plenty to offer me doesn't mean that it's doing great for a broader audience. I'm glad that it has its niche, and that it serves its niche well. But sooner or later someone else is going to wise up and start serving that same niche. We've seen the beginnings of this with PC support for many Japanese titles. (partially thanks to the PS4 and its shift to a PC-standard processor architecture)

I do agree that it is a waste of time at this juncture to port most games to the Wii U. As much as I love my white Wii U, it just didn't accrue the kind of install base necessary to support larger-scale development, making it an easier platform for developers to ignore.

Anyone excited for Runner 2 tomorrow? looking forward to picking that up
Count me in, has there been any mention yet in regards to the dual game packs? The cost, and what the options will be?

I'm just planning to get the Vita standard and variant, but I know others may be interested in all 4 versions across both platforms.

Count me in, has there been any mention yet in regards to the dual game packs? The cost, and what the options will be?

I'm just planning to get the Vita standard and variant, but I know others may be interested in all 4 versions across both platforms.
I haven't heard anything on how many are left of the variant, LRG suggested on twitter that they would be bundling the games together per platform (Variant & Regular Vita together, Variant and Regular PS4 together)

Trying to decide if I should pick up Runner tomorrow morning, and if so, which platform? Would be my first missed LRG release I've missed since I started buying them with Octodad, but just not sure if I'd play it if I got it. Decisions, decision.

LRG told me they have almost 50% of their stock of the variant left over, which should be around 500 copies of each if evenly distributed

Trying to decide if I should pick up Runner tomorrow morning, and if so, which platform? Would be my first missed LRG release I've missed since I started buying them with Octodad, but just not sure if I'd play it if I got it. Decisions, decision.
Have you played Runner 2? I personally am not a huge fan of "running" games, but I loved Runner 2. Great music that flows and changes with the action, very enjoyable (but not always easy) game.

I'll probably pick up one of each platform.

Have you played Runner 2? I personally am not a huge fan of "running" games, but I loved Runner 2. Great music that flows and changes with the action, very enjoyable (but not always easy) game.

I'll probably pick up one of each platform.
I agree, I'm not to big in to running games either, and I've played Runner 2 more than any other, as it is really well made. Not always easy is an understatement to say the least. LOL

Because of my memory card and sharing games with others, I prefer Vita physical. The PS4 can now use an external HD and past PSN sales had the PS4 version at sub-$5 twice already, so I'll go digital for that.

It's got a rhythm component to the running. Dancing gets you bonus points for moves and you unlock characters like Uncle Dill, Reverse Merman, and Whetfahrt Cheeseborger.

You will play it. Yes, you will. *hypnotic eyes/hand gestures here*

bread's done
Back