Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
if you really really wanna be a scumlord buy some stuff from 'chris' and report the items to ebay as damaged / misrepresented, ebay will gladly ban his selling abilities if buyers start complaining

Thats not scum, thats just being a plain asshole. Why would you encourage others to lie about someone and purposefully try to get them in trouble? Regardless of whatever petty childish justification you think you have for that its still bad karma and you pulling that kind of garbage looks worse on you than whatever it is you dislike about him. Do your own dirty work.

After thinking about it a bit more, I think this is my out finally, lol.

Might just start doing just the LRG Vita games that I want, rather than just blindly going after every release.

While Vita collecting is fun, it's start to become more of a chore, than a hobby, so yeah, this is my out. :D

The good thing is that there's still a lot of titles I'm in for anyways from LRG, so it's not like I'm not buying from them anymore, but just not crazy like before. ^___^
I stopped at release #39 with Skullgirls still on the way. I felt the same way as you basically.

Hmm the protective cases for vita sold out and the blank cases for ps4 are not showing on the store. I wanted to buy more with this batch it is nice to have loaner cases.

On a side not I do hope I get a box this time since they did not send it with my C&C +Swapper.

Hmm the protective cases for vita sold out and the blank cases for ps4 are not showing on the store. I wanted to buy more with this batch it is nice to have loaner cases.

On a side not I do hope I get a box this time since they did not send it with my C&C +Swapper.
Were either of those for the PS4?

Well count me in as someone who is sitting out this one as well.  I'm sitting there in the checkout and I just couldn't pull the trigger.  I realized the fact of the matter was there was a reason I forgot this morning sale for the first time ever, it didn't really matter to me.  It's one thing buying a title I've never tried, as I've done with a lot of releases.  But I played Runner2 and while I thought it was decent, it just isn't my type of game.  I realized I would only be buying it because there was a vita copy and I'm not into the collector type mentality.  So the enthusiasm just wasn't there.  I also took the the fact that the vita protective cases that I always get with a order were out of stock as a sign. 

I already told myself that I would have to start skipping some titles since the increase rate of releases as I just can't afford them all.  I got to start somewhere I guess.  Shame though as I did really like the cover art to it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pm'd!

if you really really wanna be a scumlord buy some stuff from 'chris' and report the items to ebay as damaged / misrepresented, ebay will gladly ban his selling abilities if buyers start complaining
There is a less scummy way to put 'chris' out of business: just don't buy anything from him. Flippers/resellers would not exist if there weren't people out there stupid enough to give them money.

how hard is it to track this chris guy down? if LRG tried and couldn't, why not just order a game from him and see the return address? i'm sure someone had bought something from this guy already, anyone care to enlighten us? it just sucks cause I see all the people on this board missing out on things, and then i see this guy selling multiple copies of everything. 

how hard is it to track this chris guy down? if LRG tried and couldn't, why not just order a game from him and see the return address? i'm sure someone had bought something from this guy already, anyone care to enlighten us? it just sucks cause I see all the people on this board missing out on things, and then i see this guy selling multiple copies of everything.
Why do so many people give a shit about this?

Everyone will be at this point at some point.
Just have to hang in there a bit longer and Vita card production will be halted...

Then it will be Switch and PS4. I don't care about BrotosteroneBox.

Worst part will be if LRG starts doing Switch games before Vita goes out of production. Imagine 2 games on 3 platforms at a 2500 print run.

I hope LRG doesn't get to do Switch until after Vita cart production stops so this doesn't happen.

Just have to hang in there a bit longer and Vita card production will be halted...

Then it will be Switch and PS4. I don't care about BrotosteroneBox.

Worst part will be if LRG starts doing Switch games before Vita goes out of production. Imagine 2 games on 3 platforms at a 2500 print run.

I hope LRG doesn't get to do Switch until after Vita cart production stops so this doesn't happen.
Vita cart production won't be stopped for awhile as it's still going strong in Japan.

I was actually amazed when I was in Japan earlier in the year at how big the Vita sections were there, and thought to myself when the Vita was at its highest in NA, they were not even close to a third of the amount of games they had available.

I mean, some of their Vita sections were bigger than their PS4 and 360 sections in some stores. Yeesh. @_@

Just goes to show how truly horrific the support for the system was in NA.

Need to split releases then.  Switch on Thurs. Vita on Fri. Etc.

I know the day is coming when there will be too much to add to the cart, especially with no more cart reservation.

He is smart enough to not use his ebay name and address to order from LRG.

Vita cart production won't be stopped for awhile as it's still going strong in Japan.

I was actually amazed when I was in Japan earlier in the year at how big the Vita sections were there, and thought to myself when the Vita was at its highest in NA, they were not even close to a third of the amount of games they had available.

I mean, some of their Vita sections were bigger than their PS4 and 360 sections in some stores. Yeesh. @_@

Just goes to show how truly horrific the support for the system was in NA.
I've always found it amazing how a systems life can vary so greatly from one region to another. And how the scales can change so far in different directions over time. A system can start slow in Japan, and finish strong, when the same system in the US can be the exact opposite, by starting strong, and finishing slow.

Yeah, I don't see production stopping any time soon either, as long as 3rd parties are still making games in physical, as that is all money for Sony. The cards are their own format, same as the UMD was, so until no one no longer wants to buy stock, they will continue, as the UMD lasted really long after the PSP was done, and the Vita seems to be the energizer bunny, as it keeps going, going, and going. LOL

As stated, it's doing great in Japan currently, as they get new systems, accessories, and games all the time. I think even if the Vita was to start doing bad in Japan tomorrow, it would still be at least 2 years for card production to stop. Hell, Sony just announced the PS3 production is going to be ending soon, I had no idea they where still making those, but that was a great system, and has a great library, so not really a big surprise.

I'm still going to pick up all of LRG titles from the website. The ones I'm not going to bother with are any of the kickstarter releases that have been shared. I'm still waiting on the Skull Girls and I really don't want to have to keep track of titles that I paid in advance and arent coming out for who knows how long.

I've always found it amazing how a systems life can vary so greatly from one region to another. And how the scales can change so far in different directions over time. A system can start slow in Japan, and finish strong, when the same system in the US can be the exact opposite, by starting strong, and finishing slow.

Yeah, I don't see production stopping any time soon either, as long as 3rd parties are still making games in physical, as that is all money for Sony. The cards are their own format, same as the UMD was, so until no one no longer wants to buy stock, they will continue, as the UMD lasted really long after the PSP was done, and the Vita seems to be the energizer bunny, as it keeps going, going, and going. LOL

As stated, it's doing great in Japan currently, as they get new systems, accessories, and games all the time. I think even if the Vita was to start doing bad in Japan tomorrow, it would still be at least 2 years for card production to stop. Hell, Sony just announced the PS3 production is going to be ending soon, I had no idea they where still making those, but that was a great system, and has a great library, so not really a big surprise.
Yeah, it's really interesting. And even though PS3 systems won't be made anymore, they'll keep making games for a long time. It's even easier with the PS3 because they're just BD discs.

I was amazed when I found out they were still making UMD's and part of the reason I bought Summon Night 5 was the novelty of it being the last US PSP release (though I still wish we'd have gotten Trails in the Sky SC on UMD).

I would expect Vita cart production to end soon if it weren't doing so well in Japan. Maybe the Switch will take some of that market, but even so, with no successor from Sony, it's not crazy to think Vita games will continue to be produced for quite a while.

Yay. Now if they could just hire a better artist to do the cover......
I think the art is just fine as it is a proper reflection of the product in this case, and if they went overboard on the art it would take away from the whole point of the project, which i think would take away from why it is being so successful to begin with.

That cover doesn't increase hype levels. Aqua Kitty hypes me more
Yeah, AK has been one of my favs so far, great cover.

Since their copying G&G so close gameplay and looks wise, they should look at some of those past box covers for inspiration. They could do a lot worse(which currently they have). LOL

Yeah, AK has been one of my favs so far, great cover.

Since their copying G&G so close gameplay and looks wise, they should look at some of those past box covers for inspiration. They could do a lot worse(which currently they have). LOL
Totally agree, I think the cover of BPM looks lame (and Aqua Kitty is really great!). I was looking over my SNES collection in preparation to sell it, and I have two copies of Super Ghouls and Ghosts, and the cover artwork for that game looks fantastic. Hopefully the BPM artwork is just a placeholder and not the final artwork.

That is an awful name and cover for what looks like a pretty okay game.

why not just call it Spooks N Spectres or some shit

PSA: LRG mentioned in their forums that Battle Princess has a 100,000 Vita stretch goal. Even though it isn't added to the KS yet, I'm of course believing this info to be true, coming directly from LRG and all.

Another user over there crunched some numbers, and saw that the PS4 version accounts for 55% of all versions pledged so far. I'm pretty sure the Vita would be second if it was offered from the start.

That is an awful name and cover for what looks like a pretty okay game.

why not just call it Spooks N Spectres or some shit
Well, if you follow the story on how this game came to be, you'll see the name is perfect in relation to that.

Well, it looks like the Vita is now at 150,000 stretch goal, instead of the 100,000 I mentioned earlier, which is probably better for them, as it will hep to push the numbers higher. No word on physical yet if the Vita is reached, but it seems a given with LRG being involved.

d9163dbe55df18f32fa423fc0148c8e8_original.png

I haven't backed any LRG kickstarters (or any in general other than Shenmue) but if I'm not interested in the next few releases before 

Battle Princess Madelyn ends I may back that. It looks pretty good and is definitely something I'll buy if I don't end up backing. But if I'm buying games in this next round I can't afford it. 

When he worked on Ghouls N Ghosts, his daughter wanted that name, but he couldn't because it wasn't his game, so now that this is his own thing, and here we are.

Condensed enough you lazy fucker? :D
yeah sure

still seems like a really bad name, if I didn't know what this was I would have assumed it was a d-tier anime fighting game or a visual novel

it's cute that this has a backstory but cmon dude

e: and there's no kickstarter backing tier to just get a console digital copy, only ~40 for steam and console. why would I need both? I'd just want this on Switch. Guess I'll wait for release.

So LRG is looking to hop on the Switch train.  Thank God!  I really need to know if they're working on I am Setsuna.  I've ordered the Japanese version as it's ostensibly English anyway, however I'd much prefer an English/LRG cover.  I still have time to cancel as it doesn't ship for another few weeks (thanks Yesasia)

So anything on the release schedule for next Friday (3/24/17)?  I vaguely remember LRG mentioning stuff going up for sale each Friday at the end of March.

So LRG is looking to hop on the Switch train. Thank God! I really need to know if they're working on I am Setsuna. I've ordered the Japanese version as it's ostensibly English anyway, however I'd much prefer an English/LRG cover. I still have time to cancel as it doesn't ship for another few weeks (thanks Yesasia)
It's not going to happen in a few weeks
Yeah, I don't see this happening anytime soon either. And if and when it does, I am Setsuna is probably not on their list. It has a physical release, and English is an option in all versions I believe, and the Asia release even has English cover art.

Just based on LRG track record so far, I would say that game has a ZERO chance of them doing it now, or later. A game like Battle Princess that currently doesn't have plans for a physical NS release, is the type of game that has the best chances.

A game that is already physical, and also has an English option is probably never going to happen, especially for a "N" system release. As any of those titles is going to need the greatest amount of possible buyers, and a game where a lot of the fan base has already bought the game, is just more reason to pass it by.

When he worked on Ghouls N Ghosts, his daughter wanted that name, but he couldn't because it wasn't his game, so now that this is his own thing, and here we are.

Condensed enough you lazy fucker? :D
The dude didn't work on Ghouls N Ghosts. He just played the game a lot and his kid wanted to be in the game. This is a small indie dev made game. That said, it looks pretty good thus far. I'll just wait for it to come out.

So LRG is looking to hop on the Switch train. Thank God! I really need to know if they're working on I am Setsuna. I've ordered the Japanese version as it's ostensibly English anyway, however I'd much prefer an English/LRG cover. I still have time to cancel as it doesn't ship for another few weeks (thanks Yesasia)
I wouldn't hold your breath on that. They couldn't manage to do 3DS, WiiU, or X1 games, I doubt they'll get to do Switch games anytime in the next year or two. For I Am Setsuna, the best bet for a physical run would probably be if Nintendo did it (like Dragon Quest) or SE themselves decided to do it. Outside of that, I just can't see it happening so your best bet is to import if you have to own it physical.

It has a physical release, and English is an option in all versions I believe, and the Asia release even has English cover art.

Just based on LRG track record so far, I would say that game has a ZERO chance of them doing it now, or later.
Ray Gigant has Japan and Asia releases. Not sure about language options. Dariusburst: Chronicle Saviours has a Japan release for both PS4 and Vita (PSTV compatible). For some reason LRG is only publishing the PS4 version. Oh and Skullgirls 2nd Encore has Japanese & Asia releases for PS4 & Vita.

So wouldn't say there is zero chance based solely on a physical version existing. I feel like there's a vita game that has an Asia english release that is getting a physical release that I'm forgetting. Not sure if it was LRG though. Might have been another company.

I'm sure it lessens the chance, but a game like this would likely have no issue selling out a limited print run regardless of other region versions existing. The bigger hurdle is can LRG get print runs at a low enough number to be profitable and navigate the logistics of becoming a Nintendo Switch publisher? Plus, can they build a working relationship with SE to even get the game. Those things probably have little to no chance of happening.

What do you mean the Setsuna Japanese having English? This is for the switch, not vita right?

Yeah, I don't see this happening anytime soon either. And if and when it does, I am Setsuna is probably not on their list. It has a physical release, and English is an option in all versions I believe, and the Asia release even has English cover art.

Just based on LRG track record so far, I would say that game has a ZERO chance of them doing it now, or later. A game like Battle Princess that currently doesn't have plans for a physical NS release, is the type of game that has the best chances.

A game that is already physical, and also has an English option is probably never going to happen, especially for a "N" system release. As any of those titles is going to need the greatest amount of possible buyers, and a game where a lot of the fan base has already bought the game, is just more reason to pass it by.
Skullgirls has English voice and text in Japanese version, didn't stop them from releasing a US version

Skullgirls has English voice and text in Japanese version, didn't stop them from releasing a US version
That's true, it didn't, but that was a choice more on the developer end, and that was also a "preorder" at LRG, and was a unique situation, in that when it was offered, there where bonus features that where unique to that release in regards to the English manual, and the option for either language if the 10,000 was met.

And based on all the emails and issues buyers have had with the "preorder" of that title, once again, it's very unlikely LRG is looking to do that again anytime soon. Skullgirls is also a big name title that has a lot more potential buyers than most games. So where this game did have an English release, the game offered by LRG is a better option than the original offered.

Could that be done again for another title? Sure, but I personally don't see it happening. But if anyone wants to wait and hope, have at it ;)

bread's done
Back