Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Well Sega did allow iam8bit to release physical Rez.
Not sure Sega was involved with that. Enhance Games did the work and the president, Mizuguchi, bought the license back from Sega in 2008 to be able to do the remaster that was released on the 360.

Not to mention that iam8bit stole Rez Infinite from LRG so there's no way Sega could've been involved in the first place.
RqmsAJN.gif

https://twitter.com/TributeGames/status/844534144075907077/photo/1

I might be in for one, as the game looks pretty fun. It'll have a platinum trophy, if anyone cares: https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5946-flinthook

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=puJXiuV_fbU
Out of all the recent games announced this is one I am really interested in.

I'm still debating on getting Ray Gigant since I bought the digital version for cheap.

Out of all the recent games announced this is one I am really interested in.

I'm still debating on getting Ray Gigant since I bought the digital version for cheap.
Especially since it's $40.

I'm starting to have doubts myself if I'm actually going to even buy that.

It's just a good thing that I've sort of decided to get out of collecting every LRG Vita game, because now it also makes my decision easier on these pricier releases.

Especially since it's $40.

I'm starting to have doubts myself if I'm actually going to even buy that.

It's just a good thing that I've sort of decided to get out of collecting every LRG Vita game, because now it also makes my decision easier on these pricier releases.
I stopped collecting every vita release once Thomas Was Alone was announced. While it is a great game I already played and completed it and had no interest in playing it again or needing to have it in my physical collection. I also skipped the Swapper for the same reason. Ray Gigant was purchased digital on sale and it is in my backlog. I've been meaning to play it but haven't yet. From all I've read about it is another game you play once to completion and never really need to play again.

I think the good thing is no mater what the game will sell out with or without my support. Also the game is a good get for Limited Run and I feel that maybe I should support the effort they put forth in getting the game. The price though makes me hesitant but I still have some time to think about it.

Bring on Forma.8, Oceanhorn, Cosmic Star Heronie and Salt and Sanctuary. Those are must buys for me.

April 14 is going to be pretty expensive
Yeah, it wasn't too hard to justify buying all of them when the releases were spaced out but I'm gonna have to start actually thinking about what I want.

Really, Dariusburst is the one I want the most but $60 is a hard pill to swallow- though I know LRG doesn't have control over this.

Yeah, it wasn't too hard to justify buying all of them when the releases were spaced out but I'm gonna have to start actually thinking about what I want.

Really, Dariusburst is the one I want the most but $60 is a hard pill to swallow- though I know LRG doesn't have control over this.
Honestly, if I was on the PS4 side of the coin, I'm sure I would have thrown in the towel as well by now. The good thing for me is the Vita is getting less than the PS4 currently, so I can actually afford the games still being offered due to the gaps. Some of the PS4 games I actually want to, but I know that's a dead end road I don't want to even start down.

Hit some major financial issues recently. Got to give up on LRG releases from now on and sell a few pieces sadly.

It was a pleasure all.  Godspeed from the time it takes you to click "add to cart" to "complete checkout".

Hit some major financial issues recently. Got to give up on LRG releases from now on and sell a few pieces sadly.

It was a pleasure all. Godspeed from the time it takes you to click "add to cart" to "complete checkout".
Take care geekstop, I know about financial issues more than I care to discuss. Hopefully You'll be back at a later time for some cool releases when funds permit.

Damn Square, is there any topic you don't have a Gif for? That was one of your best BTW^

Last edited by a moderator:
The gold foil lettering on Dear Esther is very nice.  However it's annoying that they weren't serialized properly on the spines.  No mention of it by the publisher either. 

These + Flinthook & Dragon Fantasy Book I are what I'm excited for (maybe not Oceanhorn if it doesn't get a separate trophy list). :whee:
I'm in for the Dragon Fantasy Book 1 remake/update. I love the original game! I'm on a wait and see with Cosmic Star Heroine. The only physical games I really want on PS4 are mostly bigger games that are more likely to get a physical print already.

It was a pleasure all. Godspeed from the time it takes you to click "add to cart" to "complete checkout".
I hope things turn around for you soon. I've gone through phases before when I sold off entire collections as times got tough. It's times like these when it becomes a whole lot easier to realize what games are your all time favorites and what you can legitimately do without.

I think the good thing is no mater what the game will sell out with or without my support. Also the game is a good get for Limited Run and I feel that maybe I should support the effort they put forth in getting the game. The price though makes me hesitant but I still have some time to think about it.
I don't think they'll have any problems selling out everything with the upcoming games so my support is only for games I'm actually super hyped to own. My only pity buy was the initial one when they were starting the company and testing the market. I bought into the concept and wanted to help make it a reality. After that, and giving up on collecting vita games as a hobby, it was easier to resist games I wasn't really that interested in owning since everything goes so quick.

I think the reason LRG maybe splitting switch is due to print sizes I feel. I prey they arent small sizes especially for games that are more popular. To bad nintendo wont let them publish first party titles that are digital only I would like to see but that is a long shot especially if square enix isnt on board

So are we going to get an "add all 3" to cart button like there was going to be the last time 3 games were supposed to come out on the same day?

Good luck for sure. I am still going through one of those with job uncertainties. It causes you to buy a lot less....but what you do buy feels that much more special...at least in my case. I already jumped off the LRG train....though I will think about Cosmic Star Heroine once I see the reviews for that game.

The gold foil lettering on Dear Esther is very nice. However it's annoying that they weren't serialized properly on the spines. No mention of it by the publisher either.
Someone on Sony's side accidentally left off the 3 in the spine number. They're sending new covers to us and we'll be providing a route for people to get them for free.

Someone on Sony's side accidentally left off the 3 in the spine number. They're sending new covers to us and we'll be providing a route for people to get them for free.
Just curious, does LRG usually handle the artwork job for the covers, or is that left up to the actual game makers?

Nice. That's some great CS! Sorry you guys have to deal with a money-sucking problem. Hopefully you will be able to throw most of them into future orders and not have to waste too much money on shipping.

Wow, got a shipping notice already for Runner 2. Quickest one yet in my experience.
Yeah, I got mine today as well. But don't get to excited yet, as they can take their time with actually dropping these off. Hopefully they get sent out tomorrow or Saturday.

That is the most f'd up thing I've seen in a while. Thanks

Vita is really the thorn here. It just keeps dragging on :p
Vita is life, may it live on and on. P; i <3 my Vita.

Also, am I the only one that feels disgusted by that sausage thing in the front cover of Runner2?
Lol that's why I went out of my way to get the bundle with the other variant cover... not for 'rarity' or whatever, but just because it didn't have what appeared to be poop on it's cover art.

Just a reminder to myself and others that have been more 'selective' with recent releases:

Oddworld Playing Card code expires April 14th.

There are only 2 more opportunities to redeem and bundle your cards if you haven't already done so. Otherwise, you'll have to pay shipping.

I really think you guys should just outright drop the numbering, or at least the numbering on the physical games. Assuming your business continues to expand and grow, it's going to get to a ridiculous point where we'll be at Limited Run #388 or higher. Dropping the numbering would enable you guys to keep everything under one label and avoid potentially cascading certain titles under a "lesser" brand.

People aiming for a "complete collection" have to realize that it's going to become infeasible the longer this goes on. Dropping the numbering would also make these people feel like they aren't missing out or have a hole in their collection because they own #276 and #278 but not #277.

I'm also personally just not a fan of the numbering/LRG branding on the physical games themselves, it makes them feel different compared to the rest of my collection and I'd rather it feel as "official" as possible.

Doomstink,

I received Dear Esther and the Swindle today, but I did not get the post card or sticker for the Swindle.  I know it is stupid, but I have bought every Vita game so far and have the post card and sticker for all of them.  Am I out of luck or is there a way to send the sticker and post card out in my next order? 

I really think you guys should just outright drop the numbering, or at least the numbering on the physical games. Assuming your business continues to expand and grow, it's going to get to a ridiculous point where we'll be at Limited Run #388 or higher. Dropping the numbering would enable you guys to keep everything under one label and avoid potentially cascading certain titles under a "lesser" brand.

People aiming for a "complete collection" have to realize that it's going to become infeasible the longer this goes on. Dropping the numbering would also make these people feel like they aren't missing out or have a hole in their collection because they own #276 and #278 but not #277.

I'm also personally just not a fan of the numbering/LRG branding on the physical games themselves, it makes them feel different compared to the rest of my collection and I'd rather it feel as "official" as possible.
I'd like to see numbering of the actual print runs, ie. #515 of 2500 etc

Doomstink,

I received Dear Esther and the Swindle today, but I did not get the post card or sticker for the Swindle. I know it is stupid, but I have bought every Vita game so far and have the post card and sticker for all of them. Am I out of luck or is there a way to send the sticker and post card out in my next order?
Why not contact LRG directly so they can see your purchase history and such and respond to you, instead of throwing it up on a forum and hoping he see's it and hope he cares enough to not just assume youre a random guy saying he didnt get something with no proof to show you even bought it and then tell you he needs the order number, email address and so on that you can already put in on their website?

Why not contact LRG directly so they can see your purchase history and such and respond to you, instead of throwing it up on a forum and hoping he see's it and hope he cares enough to not just assume youre a random guy saying he didnt get something with no proof to show you even bought it and then tell you he needs the order number, email address and so on that you can already put in on their website?
Why not stop being an ass to everyone in the forum and contribute something or leave!

But yes I did also open a ticket.

The sticker and post cards aren't a guarantee, they are first come first served(or so I've been told). Maybe they ran out, or it could have been an oversight on their part. Either way, open a ticket on their site, and they will get back to you.

Doomstink,
I received Dear Esther and the Swindle today, but I did not get the post card or sticker for the Swindle. I know it is stupid, but I have bought every Vita game so far and have the post card and sticker for all of them. Am I out of luck or is there a way to send the sticker and post card out in my next order?
Open a ticket at limitedrungames.freshdesk.com and explain that you've got a full Vita set and have been supporting for a long time. Sarah will probably be happy to hook you up.

The sticker and post cards aren't a guarantee, they are first come first served(or so I've been told). Maybe they ran out, or it could have been an oversight on their part. Either way, open a ticket on their site, and they will get back to you.
Pretty sure we didn't run out, but I don't know. We'll try and help with this stuff. With two CS reps we're in a better spot than ever to help with it and actually remember to send out the card with a new order.

bread's done
Back