Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
yeah I went for the stout civil war mondo drop without a bot and was pretty surprised I got one. I think that was the first poster drop after the shopify cart change so maybe that helped.
Did they change cart systems? Yeah I've been buying mondo since awhile back, went to their first Halloween mystery movie and it was awesome, their drops have just gotten impossible tho

My only regret was missing Firewatch, glad the devs did a run on their own and got it from them.

Seems like the Limited Run games are getting worse each print run.

My only regret was missing Firewatch, glad the devs did a run on their own and got it from them.
Seems like the Limited Run games are getting worse each print run.
The devs didn't do their own run, it was all from the same run - we just split the inventory. Had we listed all 7,300 on our site, they likely would've lasted a full day like our Shadow Complex release did. As for quality decreasing, DARIUSBURST and Astebreed beg to differ. We haven't put out anything objectively bad and we make sure to pepper in as many critically acclaimed heavy-hitters as we can. Lots of great stuff on the horizon!

We're announcing one tomorrow that is pretty huge amongst a few other ones that aren't as big but are still really solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
The devs didn't do their own run, it was all from the same run - we just split the inventory. Had we listed all 7,300 on our site, they likely would've lasted a full day like our Shadow Complex release did. As for quality decreasing, DARIUSBURST and Astebreed beg to differ. We haven't put out anything objectively bad and we make sure to pepper in as many critically acclaimed heavy-hitters as we can. Lots of great stuff on the horizon!

We're announcing one tomorrow that is pretty huge amongst a few other ones that aren't as big but are still really solid.
Im gunna hold you to a Monday announcement

No shot at Fatal Frame for Wii U, huh? Would have been awesome :p Still don't understand why Nintendo refuses to bring those titles to the States. And then they complain no one is buying it ... oy.

No shot at Fatal Frame for Wii U, huh? Would have been awesome :p Still don't understand why Nintendo refuses to bring those titles to the States. And then they complain no one is buying it ... oy.
"N", much like Capcom and Konami now, really only deal in sure things, as their US divisions really just don't understand the market in regards to certain items. EU has gotten some really nice LE bundles over the last few years for the Wii U, when we got nothing, or if we did, it was exclusive to the NY store which is complete BS for those who don't live near by.

Now with NS being region free, they should honestly shut down NoA, as that office is all but useless in my humble opinion, but I guess US buyers need some place to send their defective units to, but as far as anything else goes, now just import, and give NoA the middle finger, as they've earned every inch of it over the years.

"N", much like Capcom and Konami now, really only deal in sure things, as their US divisions really just don't understand the market in regards to certain items. EU has gotten some really nice LE bundles over the last few years for the Wii U, when we got nothing, or if we did, it was exclusive to the NY store which is complete BS for those who don't live near by.

Now with NS being region free, they should honestly shut down NoA, as that office is all but useless in my humble opinion, but I guess US buyers need some place to send their defective units to, but as far as anything else goes, now just import, and give NoA the middle finger, as they've earned every inch of it over the years.
I never thought it was the big N as much as it was NoA. Seems like NoE does plenty of shit right, but NoA just seems so fucking out of it.

I'm not going to lie, it would've been nice if both games were on one game card. I'll wait and see what they each cost. Part of me prefers them on the 3DS, since the 3D was part (albeit small) of the game design.

Totally milking me with this. Presumably $50 for both. :T
I'm good with that. I have the original on my 3DS, and I skipped all the Vita sales as I hoped these would get a physical release. Maybe they'll offer a discount if you buy both games together? Yeah right! LOL

I'm not going to lie, it would've been nice if both games were on one game card. I'll wait and see what they each cost. Part of me prefers them on the 3DS, since the 3D was part (albeit small) of the game design.
The 3D improved the experience immensely for me. I tried Mutant Mudds on steam and was disappointed, thought it was an average platformer and didn't really care for it. Tried it on 3DS and while the gameplay is the same, the 3D really makes switching between the foreground/background stand out which is the main gimmick of the game. Ended up playing it a lot longer due to that. This is coming from someone that 99% of the time prefers playing indie games on steam rather than consoles/handhelds lol. 3DS has the best versions of these games IMO

fuck , I just bought that on sale about a month ago, damn it!
I finally just quit buying any digital game that could potentially be an LRG release, no matter how cheap it gets (glad I waited on the Dragon Fantasy releases!)

So tough to pass on a flash sale great though, especially if it isn't known if it will get the LRG treatment or not. I haven't had to double dip YET...but you never know with some of these sale prices.

I finally just quit buying any digital game that could potentially be an LRG release, no matter how cheap it gets (glad I waited on the Dragon Fantasy releases!)

So tough to pass on a flash sale great though, especially if it isn't known if it will get the LRG treatment or not. I haven't had to double dip YET...but you never know with some of these sale prices.
Yeah, that was just the CAG in me venting. When a game is a few dollars, I don't mind it either way actually, especially when the game is great. I don't mind giving extra to the developers in this type of situation. Normally I don't buy digital much anymore, as my card is full, but for each new LRG release where I can delete an old game, I grab a few new digital ones during the Flash Sales, it just burns every once in awhile when one of the new digital purchases happens to get physical so soon after.

Hell Yeah, I skipped getting Y's at PA when they had that sale and free shipping hoping LRG would could through with a US physical version, but these last few weeks, I was getting more pissed off on not preordering when I had the chance, but my wish came through, BOOYAH!

LRG, you guys ROCK!

Gonna sell out in seconds! Can't wait for this one.
T7yRjKE.gif

The 3D improved the experience immensely for me. I tried Mutant Mudds on steam and was disappointed, thought it was an average platformer and didn't really care for it. Tried it on 3DS and while the gameplay is the same, the 3D really makes switching between the foreground/background stand out which is the main gimmick of the game. Ended up playing it a lot longer due to that. This is coming from someone that 99% of the time prefers playing indie games on steam rather than consoles/handhelds lol. 3DS has the best versions of these games IMO
That was my thought process, but it's nice to have it confirmed.

Y's Origin, I'm all over that though.

Oh god.  Y's better be like a 10,000 print run.

Adding two CEs to cart on the same day will be not fun.

So I'm either happy I bought from PA for Y's since the competition for that game is going to be insane or I'm pissed I bought it because I think I can get one. 

bread's done
Back