Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm just buying to have a full Vita collection, but why is this $40? Seems a bit steep for a non-collector's edition.
It's $30 digital. I agree though, I decided to pass on these with Darius Burst looming and being full priced I decided to save my money because I am really excited about that release.

I ordered Ray Gigant, and I also remembered that I never ordered my free Oddworld deck of cards from when I bought that game.  The original e-mail stated that the code would expire by today, but it went through fine for me.  So if you bought Stranger's Wrath but never used that code for the cards, today might be your last chance.

Normal price is $29.99

Also, that didn't take long

http://www.ebay.com/...RUAAOSwpP9Y8Mri
7.99 economy shipping? That's fucking ridiculous!!

thats chrisz300zx

AGAIN I point out to LRG games that this "chris" guy is selling FOUR copies of just that one game.

Why doesn't LRG shut him down? it's like they are pulling a nintendo classic move on us.

Why can't track this guy down, check his return address. Check to see whom in LA is buying so many within a certain radius. Look for similarity in last names, there is a way to track him down. I'm sure you can see who bought two copies of Ray Gigant in LA, then look to see who else bought two copies down the street from that location.

buy from him and start filing bad reports on ebay, not much LRG can do at this point, they can't track him down (wish the games had trackable serials)

edit: also aren't exorbiant shipping costs against ebay policy? or at least it was at some point

Last edited by a moderator:
I grabbed Flinthook and skipped Ray Gigant. I was playing my digital version of Ray Gigant recently and don't think its worth the $40. Its a great looking game and the game play is good but I don't think I will ever want to play through it again after I finish it once.

buy from him and start filing bad reports on ebay, not much LRG can do at this point, they can't track him down (wish the games had trackable serials)

edit: also aren't exorbiant shipping costs against ebay policy? or at least it was at some point
You are advocating for someone to outright lie and possibly commit mail fraud just because you don't like what that seller doing. Just let it be. It's likely they are not even doing anything wrong, but rather getting family or friends to help purchase copies.

You are advocating for someone to outright lie and possibly commit mail fraud just because you don't like what that seller doing. Just let it be. It's likely they are not even doing anything wrong, but rather getting family or friends to help purchase copies.
I can see this quickly getting out of control like the undercover episode of South Park lol

tumblr_mb1h3fyqUR1r4gei2o1_400.gif

zawMe_s-200x150.gif

tumblr_inline_my198eRjzy1rz60rk.gif

giphy.gif

thats chrisz300zx

AGAIN I point out to LRG games that this "chris" guy is selling FOUR copies of just that one game.

Why doesn't LRG shut him down? it's like they are pulling a nintendo classic move on us.

Why can't track this guy down, check his return address. Check to see whom in LA is buying so many within a certain radius. Look for similarity in last names, there is a way to track him down. I'm sure you can see who bought two copies of Ray Gigant in LA, then look to see who else bought two copies down the street from that location.
LOL because there's only 2 people in LA who could have possibly bought an LRG release?

I skipped on Flinthook this time and instead only grabbed Ray Gigant, as I noticed I was buying too many of the PS4 releases for no real reason (thanks CAG).

I like the PS4 releases. Managed to get both of this mornings games. There was a slight hiccup during the ordering process, and I ended up having to buy them on separate orders. I'm thinking the stock for Ray Gigant had run out while I was ordering, thanks to a few people ordering 2 copies. A few of those people must have then canceled their second copies, as I was able to go back in after I had my Flinthook order in and snag a Ray Gigant copy as well. While I am not exactly keen on paying double shipping, my persistence did knab a copy of both titles, so I'm not going to complain. (any more than I already have)

Also, I'm glad to hear the PS4 copies of Skullgirls will likely be coming sometime in May. While I feel for the PS Vita enthusiasts, I ordered my copy for the PS4.

I like the PS4 releases. Managed to get both of this mornings games. There was a slight hiccup during the ordering process, and I ended up having to buy them on separate orders. I'm thinking the stock for Ray Gigant had run out while I was ordering, thanks to a few people ordering 2 copies. A few of those people must have then canceled their second copies, as I was able to go back in after I had my Flinthook order in and snag a Ray Gigant copy as well. While I am not exactly keen on paying double shipping, my persistence did knab a copy of both titles, so I'm not going to complain. (any more than I already have)

Also, I'm glad to hear the PS4 copies of Skullgirls will likely be coming sometime in May. While I feel for the PS Vita enthusiasts, I ordered my copy for the PS4.
Make a support ticket and they should be able to combine them for you

Make a support ticket and they should be able to combine them for you
Ahhhh, it's not that important. Also, if for whatever reason there is a delay in one game, the other game will ship first. I'm okay with that. While I am a CAG, I don't necessarily come to LRG for the cheapness of the titles. I'm here for the rarity, and to show my support for indie developers.

Much safer quantities today, just as painless as last release.

Mutant Mudds looks to be the only one to worry about with 4 to add to cart on the same day, assuming its not released with 1-2 other multi platform games at the same time.

Will there be a bundle with this one?

thats chrisz300zx

Do you live in a town of 200 or so? You're asking the impossible.

I don't know why people are buying from ebay already when there is a second batch pending still.

And this took several minutes to sell implying that most everyone who wants it, got it.

People flipping these should be burned in the long run and have to take a loss given the availability and lack of people who didn't have a chance to get it.

Then again it's ebay. Career resellers often list more than they have and fake buy them to generate hype and inflate prices, desire, and demand.

If I were LRG I'd serialize a random game or two with stickers or something. Only problem is the worst resellers are too lazy to even put actual pictures up so you'd have to buy them back to see the numbers.

Douchebag is probably here in this forum and isn't dumb enough to use the tickets in the future too I bet.

I don't know why people are buying from ebay already when there is a second batch pending still.

And this took several minutes to sell implying that most everyone who wants it, got it.

People flipping these should be burned in the long run and have to take a loss given the availability and lack of people who didn't have a chance to get it.

Then again it's ebay. Career resellers often list more than they have and fake buy them to generate hype and inflate prices, desire, and demand.

If I were LRG I'd serialize a random game or two with stickers or something. Only problem is the worst resellers are too lazy to even put actual pictures up so you'd have to buy them back to see the numbers.

Douchebag is probably here in this forum and isn't dumb enough to use the tickets in the future too I bet.
I was looking through chris' other auctions, he's got 44 of the Last of Us Joel watches sold at $135, but it's in stock at sony store for $99, so idk what people are doin

I'm actually in this boat. I purchased from someone who had their copy up this morning since I know I will be unavailable at 6 tonight. Yeah I paid $61 (was not from this seller), but it would cost me $45, so the $16 is for the convenience of not having to worry. Plus I would only look to eBay if I absolutely wouldn't be able to get the 6pm batch.

Oh, and I will play it, as I do all my LRG releases on Vita.

I was looking through chris' other auctions, he's got 44 of the Last of Us Joel watches sold at $135, but it's in stock at sony store for $99, so idk what people are doin
Over the years, I've sold a decent amount of items that where cheaper and still available online. As I always say, some people have more money than sense, so at the end of the day, some people buy on Ebay for the convenience, as when someone buys from me, they know the items will arrive in perfect condition, when buying something online(Sony, Amazon, BB, GS, etc), that's not always the case.

It can also be international buyers, as not all US places offer international shipping options, or if they do, sometimes it's to high. Hell, I've sold some NISA games that where still in stock, to buyers in California for a profit, so I guess some people just don't bother to put in the time and search for products with cheaper buying options.

Wow both still up. Dunno why but even when I get mine in the morning I always watch the evening batch too.
Everything sold out after about 130 minutes total. That's really solid for the price and run size. We're happy with the results and it gives us confidence that DARIUSBURST will go well.

I fell right to sleep after work and missed Ray Gigant. Oh well, I've got the digital version to play anyway. I will try not to miss Dariusburst and Ys Origin

I hope the ps4 version of csh won't be indefinitely delayed to wait for a difficult vita version.

I love my vita and I know others do too, but I'd just as happily buy it on ps4 sooner. Everyone who wants that version shouldn't have to wait and hope for the vita one.

I hope the ps4 version of csh won't be indefinitely delayed to wait for a difficult vita version.

I love my vita and I know others do too, but I'd just as happily buy it on ps4 sooner. Everyone who wants that version shouldn't have to wait and hope for the vita one.
Yeah I agree. Wish we didn't have to wait for the Vita release everytime. People could have had Salt & Sanctuary for a year now at this point. Makes me worried the same will happen to CSH.

I can't believe I missed out on it. I thought it looked very fun. Was there going to be a physical release?
Kickstarter included a physical release for PS4 with Kickstarter exclusive cover art produced by LRG. This led me to believe that LRG would release it via their store as well, maybe with different cover art.

Mages of Mystralia just closed on Kickstarter as well and included a physical PS4 release via LRG.

Yeah I agree. Wish we didn't have to wait for the Vita release everytime. People could have had Salt & Sanctuary for a year now at this point. Makes me worried the same will happen to CSH.
Cosmic Star Heroine's developer is still debugging kind of serious issues, one of which I helped to fix. (in a oh so minor way ;)) So a delay on the Vita will mean that the best bug free version of the game will be what comes to the system. And even with the delay between the digital and L.R.G physical release, there is a greater chance for the perfect no update needed version to be preserved for all time*.

The bug was interesting but minor spoilers (and a separate boss spoiler, and a separate third story spoil section)

In Chapter 5

There was a bug that once triggered, would persist until you reset the game. (meaning the save file was thankful spared.)

When you entered a fight the monsters would appear to run away, say there were three monsters, when the battle start the death animation would play, they would vanish and once they vanished their icon on the combat bar would be removed. At first I thought the enemies were just running away, or more cunningly cloaking at the start of battle. (I did grind a little and I was playing on the 2nd easiest setting.)

Well the battle would just end, once the lone monster was slain, and I didn't think much of it and continued onward.

Warning of screen shots of a boss and description ahead:

But when I came to the two feet of the giant robot, I only had one target to fight... the left foot. This was a bit odd, but not completely uncalled for, if say the difficulty removed the battle for one foot, so it would be less of a fight. So I moved onto the torso area.

The torso fight clearly had two hands to fight, but again only one target to fight. (picking up on a trend yet?) I dismissed this again as a possible difficulty issue.

BUT when I got to the head of the Giant robot...

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/169291284515304636/8F26FB8BB8015B3E446F43112EB619D10A423D57/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:575&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A575&background-color=black

There were clearly 3 parts of it to fight! but again only one target was available. But what bothered me enough to realize that something was absolutely in error, was every move the left cannon made was to heal an non entity (the head) (so pro tip kill the left cannon first.) The cannon had no physical attacks, so this boss was literally just a HP sponge (with out the other two parts.) and was a hollow victory.

what happened next shocked me... (and story spoilers so just skip this part unless you played the game.)

So you jump into the robot you just fought and in a short introduction of the giant slime boss... the combat screen flickered on,

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/169291284515302691/EBE8544DACA7E09E1D60A758644A272E7EAD7254/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:575&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A575&background-color=black

then the end of battle animation played, and that was it... I didn't get to fight it! I was shocked, I knew at this point something was very wrong. And on second inspection of the screen shot, you see there is not an enemy icon on the enemy battle timeline.

So I saved in a new slot and tested my theory of maybe if I changed my difficulty the robot boss would work how I thought it might... (and this is where the screen shots were taken from.) As you might be able to tell, the boss had three enemy entities but as soon as the combat menu appeared they vanished.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/169291284515306335/B7DC0C97627BD89210E8D4A9ED0EF6D5D2F4FA11/?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|1024:575&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C1024%3A575&background-color=black

So observing no real change after changing the game difficulty one more time, I looked onto the Steam forums. The Dev just happened to ask for help to find the cause and fix this bug on the Steam forums 2-3 hours prior, as they could not get a working example of the bug on their system. I just happened to have the bug and document it at the right time. And somehow this important observation helped the developer to fix the bug, and it was patched 2 hours later.

*preserved for all time, is more likely to be about 100-200 years, or at least as long as you have left to live.

Battle Princess Madelyn and Mages of Mystralia will both end up on our site after they are released. No worries if you missed the Kickstarters. In the case of Mystralia you just missed a guaranteed copy - for Madelyn, there was exclusive cover art for the Kickstarter.

Nova 111 and Darius Burst on the same day will be a bloodbath.

2800 print run PS4 and Vita and a heavily anticipated shmup and a LE also 2k each.... 4 add to carts...

God please no.

Nova 111 and Darius Burst on the same day will be a bloodbath.

2800 print run PS4 and Vita and a heavily anticipated shmup and a LE also 2k each.... 4 add to carts...

God please no.
The last email I got from LRG stated Nova would be next Friday 4/21 and Darius Burst would be 4/28. Did that change?

The last email I got from LRG stated Nova would be next Friday 4/21 and Darius Burst would be 4/28. Did that change?
Yeah, that was the last one I got as well. I believe they had a vote in regards to having those titles on the same day or separate, and the majority picked separate(which was my vote as well). Darius day is going to be nuts, so no reason to add another game to the chaos if at all possible.

bread's done
Back