Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
If for whatever reason, I was lucky enough to get all 4 games, would they have to be shipped separately? And would shipping still be $7 in the US?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxWY350xxXE

I really hope LRG not so cheap shipped out Dariousburst  CE with bubbles mail instead box.  Hope no one get piss off the Box got dent or smash up!

I really hope LRG not so cheap shipped out Dariousburst CE with bubbles mail instead box. Hope no one get piss off the Box got dent or smash up!
They have already said boxes.

Anyone shipping a $100 , 2000 print run big box limited edition in a bubble mailer doesn't deserve to be in the business of producing collectible games.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm always glad to see more competition in any area of gaming, as it's good for the consumer in regards to options and pricing. One thing I would point out to those singing the Play-Asia praises in regards to what you get and the pricing. When it comes to CS beware, as they are not the best when it comes to lost, damaged, or just any issues in general.

They do have excellent packaging, as I may even buy any new Amiibo from them, as I know 100% they will arrive safely(it's worth the extra cost to me). So it is not a normal issue to get items damaged from them, but when it does happen, or if an order is lost(which can happen when dealing with international orders), and it may take months to get any issues properly resolved, so just be aware of this.
From my experiences so far I didn't have issues with both companies. And from reading around I wouldn't give limited run a high score on communication.

I'm not sure I see them as competitors yet either. There needs to be more of them for that to happen. It's kind of like how NISA / ATLUS / XSEED / IFI / etc are sorta competitors and have their differences, but in the end the more the merrier because it means more games get localized, or in this case there's more capacity for smaller games to get physical releases.

I'm not sure I see them as competitors yet either. There needs to be more of them for that to happen. It's kind of like how NISA / ATLUS / XSEED / IFI / etc are sorta competitors and have their differences, but in the end the more the merrier because it means more games get localized, or in this case there's more capacity for smaller games to get physical releases.
Need more of these companies to balance out the Call of Duty garbage. So happy to see Japanese games start making a comeback and fighting back against the Western AAA FPS Microsoft/EA/Activision abuse of last gen.

The video above contains three little ships, BLUE, GREEN and YELLOW.  From the LRG e-mail I got, the description says

The boxed set includes the game, a soundtrack CD, and two Silver Hawk spaceship models (Red and Blue colors).

So.... No Green?  It's not like the Japanese CE?

The video above contains three little ships, BLUE, GREEN and YELLOW. From the LRG e-mail I got, the description says

The boxed set includes the game, a soundtrack CD, and two Silver Hawk spaceship models (Red and Blue colors).

So.... No Green? It's not like the Japanese CE?
Correct.

From my experiences so far I didn't have issues with both companies. And from reading around I wouldn't give limited run a high score on communication.
I'm literally here, communicating with you directly. We post on several forums actively and engage with fans across all facets of social media. Our customer support has a response rate of < 24 hours (excluding weekends). I don't know what you're referring to. If it's Skullgirls, just let me preemptively put myself out of my misery. We've tried to keep people up-to-date on that but it's futile when people always seem to miss the updates.

:whistle2:(... One heck of a $100 CE, thanks!
If it's any consolation, the Japanese release doesn't have the red P1 ship (they have blue, green, and yellow). The Japanese release is also not individually numbered or shrinkwrapped. Additionally, the Japanese release is also $110 from Play-Asia.

I really hope LRG not so cheap shipped out Dariousburst CE with bubbles mail instead box. Hope no one get piss off the Box got dent or smash up!
Every CE will ship in a box. We're planning to take the NIS America approach here where most order configurations will ship with boxes inside of boxes for maximum protection.

I was pretty set on getting the regular edition of DariusBurst, now I'm not so sure.  That CE is very nice looking.  I'm a sucker for nice looking CE boxes and numbered releases lol.

Hi Doomstink!  I do very much appreciate that you actually come in and correspond with us and others on multiple forums. I look forward to Fridays when there are Limited Run Games to order, queuing everything up, F5'ing and getting my orders in as fast as I can; kind of fun.

Totally psyched for Darius Burst and Nova-111 next Friday.

I have everything except Breach & Clear for Vita, like so many others here.  Would you guys ever consider reprinting Breach & Clear(vita) with like a variant cover of something so it doesn't diminish the rarity of the the original release?

Pretty sure they wouldn't reprint it.

Nx7LE3Qh.jpg

Would you guys ever consider reprinting Breach & Clear(vita) with like a variant cover of something so it doesn't diminish the rarity of the the original release?
If LRG did that, they would kill any kind of idea that their releases are truly limited and garner all sorts of ill will. A variant-cover release would not be different enough to be okay. Supporters would quickly lose interest once they realized that LRG releases aren't really limited.

I mean, it's entirely possible the disc came loose in transit
No, that wasn't my point, I know loose discs in PS4 cases are common, but meant that you can't fix loose discs in CE cases. I don't care about loose discs in standard cases, those are easy to fix.

If LRG did that, they would kill any kind of idea that their releases are truly limited and garner all sorts of ill will. A variant-cover release would not be different enough to be okay. Supporters would quickly lose interest once they realized that LRG releases aren't really limited.
Only from resellers and people collecting for bragging rights. People who are truly in it for collecting, while happy about increased value only as a means to justify the expense of their hobby as converting cash to liquid assets instead of throwing it away, don't care about reprints.

If you seriously care about reprints, you are only collecting rare games to garner envy and bragging rights from having something other people don't or you are a closet reseller, and are "collecting" for the wrong reasons.

"collecting" for the wrong reasons.
Pretty sure nobody is the ultimate authority on what are the right reasons for collecting and what are the wrong reasons for collecting. That's just weird to even have such a mentality. If all game collections had a value of $0, I doubt many people would be interested, but the people who would still be interested are the people who would be collecting for the "right" reasons, right?

Pretty sure nobody is the ultimate authority on what are the right reasons for collecting and what are the wrong reasons for collecting. That's just weird to even have such a mentality. If all game collections had a value of $0, I doubt many people would be interested, but the people who would still be interested are the people who would be collecting for the "right" reasons, right?
No but they sure are the authority on whether other people should be allowed to also collect the same things as them for the same fair price though aren't they?

Humans are greedy shitty little creatures that always want exclusivity and a 1-up over someone else even if they gain no benefit from it and it's disgusting.

Personally I wouldn't care if everything I owned was reprinted 1000 times over. I'd be happy for the unfortunate aspiring fellow enthusiasts who weren't as lucky as me to hear about LRG from day 1. I have no desire to feel superior over someone else by having something rare that they can't have, which seems to be a rampant motivation among undesirable types of collectors and resellers alike. The hobby would be better off without them.

I never understood that mentality... if I buy something, I can do whatever I want with it. If you think games were made to be enjoyed, you're right and I agree 100%, but I can enjoy it however the fuck I want. Whether that means I open/play it or just it sit there unopened to collect dust/rot.

I get the argument against buying up a ton of copies of a game and whatnot, but me buying one or two copies of a game to play/collect isn't gonna ruin your life.

Only from resellers and people collecting for bragging rights
Also, the bragging-rights thing is hilarious to me. I have Astebreed for the PS4. If I tried to brag to anyone, and I mean anyone, I know in real life that I scored a physical copy of Astebreed, they'd give me a blank stare and be like, "What the fuck's an Astor Breeze?"

No but they sure are the authority on whether other people should be allowed to also collect the same things as them for the same price though aren't they?
They are the authority on their own collection and what they want to do with their copy of the game. Open it, keep it sealed, sell it 5 years down the road, it doesn't matter.

LRG is the authority on their releases and they said from the beginning they'll never reprint anything. If that promise were to be broken, they'd lose a lot of customers.

Most of the people who own Breach & Clear were there to support LRG from Day 1. Without that support, there wouldn't have been any more releases and we wouldn't be getting games like Dariusburst.

I've had a package go missing from PA, and a slight damage issue with LRG. PA took ages to fix the problem, as they need to wait a certain period before they consider an item lost, and then they try to force a store credit on you when they can. Now I make sure all orders are through Paypal, and I watch the calendar for my cut off to open a claim.

LRG got back to me on the damage pretty soon, and it was resolved with little to no effort. Now I can't speak to everyone's situations, but for me, LRG was a lot easier to deal with.

As for communication, Josh post here almost daily, and addresses many comments directly, so I'm not sure the last time PA was here......Oh yeah, NEVER, so in that regard, I'll say LRG is better in CS, foe me at least, but PA is good in many ways, just not in CS(in my experience).

Play Asia is fine unless you have a problem, once you do then you tend to regret trying to buy from them. It would be difficult for LRG to have customer service that bad, especially now that they have CS agents.

I've never had an issue with LRG though so I can't personally speak to their abilities but I've had a couple issues with Play Asia and it's a giant pain to get them to do anything.

If you seriously care about reprints, you are only collecting rare games to garner envy and bragging rights from having something other people don't or you are a closet reseller, and are "collecting" for the wrong reasons.
Yea, everyone should have a copy of Starry Night next to their Mona Lisa.

No but they sure are the authority on whether other people should be allowed to also collect the same things as them for the same fair price though aren't they?
They are. I told people to buy B&C on CAG. Everyone had that opportunity to buy B&C. People only want to collect now because it's rare and desirable.

They are. I told people to buy B&C on CAG. Everyone had that opportunity to buy B&C. People only want to collect now because it's rare and desirable.
I've seen this so many times, my favorite was RCR and the "shipping is to high" or whatever it was at the time. Then as soon as it was sold out, everyone wanted in. B&C was promoted here, Gamefaqs, and NeoGAF(maybe other places to, but these are the sites where I personally saw it before hand). Now if no one visits any of those sites, well yeah, you may have a legit argument, but for everyone else, you just passed it by for whatever reason, and only have yourselves to thank for now wanting it.

I've seen this so many times, my favorite was RCR and the "shipping is to high" or whatever it was at the time. Then as soon as it was sold out, everyone wanted in. B&C was promoted here, Gamefaqs, and NeoGAF(maybe other places to, but these are the sites where I personally saw it before hand). Now if no one visits any of those sites, well yeah, you may have a legit argument, but for everyone else, you just passed it by for whatever reason, and only have yourselves to thank for now wanting it.
To be fair, even if someone was aware of it, it would have been very hard to predict just how prolific LRG has become and I can totally understand someone not being super interested in B&C only to get hooked on LRG later and then have regret over having missed earlier releases. I missed the first couple of Indieboxes because I wasn't a huge fan of the original mockups they posted, but once I actually saw one in person, I was sold and I've been a subscriber ever since.

There would be nothing wrong with doing a one-off, making a one time exception and making a second edition of Breach & Clear.   It would be a one-time only thing because the print run was small to begin with, and the original covers don't have that coveted LR-V01 band on the spine. 

The original would still remain unique and collectable.  I don't think anyone gives shit about the people that are trying to sell their unwanted LRG game for $200+ anyways.  They would be separate releases and the new one would finally have the proper label.  The old game would retain most of its value anyways.  LRG wouldn't lose any customers over that. 

The only people complaining would be a couple of fat pig scalpers and it would make a ton of other people happy.  Most people hadn't even heard about LRG back when Breach & Clear released.  It wouldn't have to set a bad precedent. 

To be fair, even if someone was aware of it, it would have been very hard to predict just how prolific LRG has become and I can totally understand someone not being super interested in B&C only to get hooked on LRG later and then have regret over having missed earlier releases. I missed the first couple of Indieboxes because I wasn't a huge fan of the original mockups they posted, but once I actually saw one in person, I was sold and I've been a subscriber ever since.
Well that's just life. I missed out on MS and Apple stocks, if I could time travel, I'm "All In". LOL We all win some, we lose some, it's just the nature of the game. I can't expect any business to go back on their word, just so I can get a game. If it's that important, I would just pay the premium, and be done.

I've bought my fair share of things I wanted just because(to play or collect), and sometimes when I cash out, I make a few bucks. I've also bought my fair share of things that are now worth way less than I paid. I'm not going back to those companies to say I lost funds on their product, and now I want my money back. It's just not the way things are done.

We all make life choices, good, bad and ugly. When it's all said and done, there are no redo's, we just have to live with it.

It was an honest question. I wasn't complaining about missing Breach & Clear, I didn't know about LRG until Saturday Morning RPG. I'll eventually get it one way or another but I don't think this simple question warranted some existential discussion about "life decisions" pertaining to game collecting.

Just a hobby.

To answer your question in an official capacity, no - we wouldn't reprint Breach & Clear. We made a promise from the start to our fans that we would never reprint a game ourselves and we could never afford to lose the trust we've gained. :)

I think going back on our word would even likely constitute actionable false advertisement.

Its almost impossible to keep up with obscure releases. It's alot of work and requisites lurking in many places and constantly checking every retailer. You are bound to miss something if you aren't diligent and tracking releases and even rumors in a log of some sort.

Who knows of Industry Giant 2? Kings Quest Collection? Monster Jam Crush It? Big Buck Hunter Arcade? Professional Farmer 2017? Duke Nukem 3D?

These are all official NA ESRB PS4 physical releases made available in the last couple months.  Some initially randomly showed up in store only at only some Walmarts with no word  at all for example. Complete stealth launches that would make a F-22 jealous.  Even if you haven't missed any iam8bit, Limited Run, or vBlank releases, many people are probably still reading that list right now wondering wtf.

I even have a running list of unfulfilled rumors still for physical US releases, some even briefly appearing at retailers before mysteriously vanishing that I'm not giving up on:

Electronic Super Joy: Ultimate Collector's Edition

Surgeon Simulator
Switch Galaxy
Beyond Flesh and Blood
Adult Swim Collection
ADR1FT

It's very easy for some obscure release to go under the radar to the bane of every collector only to be known much much later.  By then the vultures are already circling.

I'm literally here, communicating with you directly. We post on several forums actively and engage with fans across all facets of social media. Our customer support has a response rate of < 24 hours (excluding weekends). I don't know what you're referring to. If it's Skullgirls, just let me preemptively put myself out of my misery. We've tried to keep people up-to-date on that but it's futile when people always seem to miss the updates.
Don't take my post personally. To address your statement though this has ZERO to do with skullgirls. I don't even have that pre-ordered. Even if I did I would not care when it gets released since the dev team are giving updates.

But on that topic, you should stop assuming everything in communication is about skullgirls. This isn't the first time I read a comment from limited games assuming this is a factor for most compaints. Just as you don't want to be judged don't judge others.

My "communication" statement still stands. Any company who has a OFFICIAL forum for their company, you would expect that ALL vital information be released there at a minimum. I read comments from limited run that it's hard to consolidate what is written on other forums, twitter and facebook on the forums. While that made sense back then, it's hard to believe that your company neglects your own forum members.

I initially was planning to sign up with the limited run forums but figured why browse a extra forum with no important information. And this is where competition improves other businesses to improve their business practices. So everyone can say I get all my information from this forum but I am speaking of why do people have to search for information.

If the official limited forums didn't exist then I have zero issue with communication as my expectations would be alot lower. Meaning I would have to find what is released and what not. And I know there is a blog news updates on your site but still smaller tidbits of info are found here and there.

My thoughts only and why I hope Playasia gets a bigger footprint in this market.

I've had a package go missing from PA, and a slight damage issue with LRG. PA took ages to fix the problem, as they need to wait a certain period before they consider an item lost, and then they try to force a store credit on you when they can. Now I make sure all orders are through Paypal, and I watch the calendar for my cut off to open a claim.

LRG got back to me on the damage pretty soon, and it was resolved with little to no effort. Now I can't speak to everyone's situations, but for me, LRG was a lot easier to deal with.

As for communication, Josh post here almost daily, and addresses many comments directly, so I'm not sure the last time PA was here......Oh yeah, NEVER, so in that regard, I'll say LRG is better in CS, foe me at least, but PA is good in many ways, just not in CS(in my experience).
Will second the quality of customer service from LRG. Was missing a post card and sticker from an order and they sent it right out to me (arrived inside of a week). They could have easily ignored my request and honestly I would not have blamed them. Honestly I am surprised we have not scared Josh away with all of our neurotic BS and rambling. Very few companies are so dedicated to their customers.

Its almost impossible to keep up with obscure releases. It's alot of work and requisites lurking in many places and constantly checking every retailer. You are bound to miss something if you aren't diligent and tracking releases and even rumors in a log of some sort.

Who knows of Industry Giant 2? Kings Quest Collection? Monster Jam Crush It? Big Buck Hunter Arcade? Professional Farmer 2017? Duke Nukem 3D?

These are all official NA ESRB PS4 physical releases made available in the last couple months. Some initially randomly showed up in store only at only some Walmarts with no word at all for example. Complete stealth launches that would make a F-22 jealous. Even if you haven't missed any iam8bit, Limited Run, or vBlank releases, many people are probably still reading that list right now wondering wtf.

I even have a running list of unfulfilled rumors still for physical US releases, some even briefly appearing at retailers before mysteriously vanishing that I'm not giving up on:

Electronic Super Joy: Ultimate Collector's Edition

Surgeon Simulator
Switch Galaxy
Beyond Flesh and Blood
Adult Swim Collection
ADR1FT

It's very easy for some obscure release to go under the radar to the bane of every collector only to be known much much later. By then the vultures are already circling.
Honestly dude, it's not that hard. There are threads here and on Neogaf and on many other forums. Everything you listed was discussed here and elsewhere and while they may have been a bit stealthy initially, in the case of most of them, other stores received them after Walmart's very limited month or two of retail exclusivity and/or they are still in stock new at Gamestop.com months after release.

Well that's just life. I missed out on MS and Apple stocks, if I could time travel, I'm "All In". LOL We all win some, we lose some, it's just the nature of the game. I can't expect any business to go back on their word, just so I can get a game. If it's that important, I would just pay the premium, and be done.

I've bought my fair share of things I wanted just because(to play or collect), and sometimes when I cash out, I make a few bucks. I've also bought my fair share of things that are now worth way less than I paid. I'm not going back to those companies to say I lost funds on their product, and now I want my money back. It's just not the way things are done.

We all make life choices, good, bad and ugly. When it's all said and done, there are no redo's, we just have to live with it.
This is a great parallel to people bitching about eBay etc. "Those a-holes at Amazon will not sell their stock to me at the IPO price" sounds absurd, but somehow people rally against anyone selling a game at its "current value" because it is above what they paid for it. It is all free market. That said most of the people reselling on eBay are making such a paltry return I have trouble seeing how it is worth it, but to each their own.

Honestly dude, it's not that hard. There are threads here and on Neogaf and on many other forums. Everything you listed was discussed here and elsewhere and while they may have been a bit stealthy initially, in the case of most of them, other stores received them after Walmart's very limited month or two of retail exclusivity and/or they are still in stock new at Gamestop.com months after release.
No it wasn't hard. For me. Others might have missed something. Getting physical games on PS4 is extremely accessible. There are more obscure indy and limited small weird $19 releases on PS4 than I remember ever having had on any other platform. It's great but at the same time stressful on OCD collectors and the risk of not knowing about something with a limited window is very real. What if someone had no idea CAG or Neogaf exists or never heard of LRG or GaijinWorks or Watermelon? You and I don't know about it until we found it for the first time and signed up. What did we not know about before then?

I'm just showing empathy and solidarity for those who might have missed something and desire reprints is all. Because it sucks. Not all of us are in the "I got mine, fuck you" brigade and get defensive and scarred every time someone whispers "reprint".

It's a dead horse with LRGs mission statement etched in stone, but I'm still perplexed why anyone actually cares if they went back on that and offered reprints. I don't understand why people, who claim they aren't in it for money or reselling, are SO incredibly scared to death that they won't be able to exclusively have something that someone else can't.

Like how is that important at all? People place far too much importance on having a leg up on someone else in freaking everything. Instead of doing something just for their own enjoyment, it's always about soliciting hate and envy from others and being the only person with 1 of 1 of some worthless material trophy on a shelf

It goes back to some ugly distinctly human instinct to teabag and 1up everyone else every way they can, to have a monopoly on something to dangle in front of someone else just out of their reach.

I got Breech and Clear day one. It's"worth" how much now? I wouldn't care in the slightest if they reprinted 1 million more. My quality of life and sense of purpose isn't staked on the value or my exclusive possession of some plastic toys despite me being the most obsessive collector and materialistic bastard you'll ever meet. I love stuff but being the only person to have it doesn't do anything for me. It just makes everyone else with like interests bitter and makes life on this tiny rock we all ride together a little more unbearable for everyone.

It's true life isn't always fair, and in many cases that is reality for a variety of valid reasons. But there are also moments it could very easily be made fair with no skin off anyone's back and people vehemently protest against it, wtf is that? People just want to lock up their own meaningless advantage and keep others below them even when it gains or costs them nothing. That is something I've struggled with about the human species for a long time.

Put another way, if everyone here is really a collector and not a reseller like they claim, then the value of the object being in it's spot on their shelf is what is priceless.  The monetary value, if they don't ever intend to sell it, is exactly $0 regardless "what it goes for on eBay" at any point in time.

In that context, what do you have to gain or lose if someone else is suddenly able to obtain the same item via a reprint at the same price you paid for it?

Gain: nothing. Maybe another fellow enthusiast to share your interests with. The ability to buy another copy at retail price if you want.

Loss: nothing except the ability to show somebody else and say "neener neener"; the item is still on your shelf and worth $0 because you'll never sell it and somebody else getting one for retail doesn't change that.

The only losers are people who like to brag and resellers who's monopoly on supply crashes.

Now, if you cringe at the word "reprint" and your first thought above is that you lose $450 dollars in appreciation value that you never actually had or spent, and that's really important to you, that means you've intended to sell it all along at some point in the future and probably aren't really a collector.  You should probably reflect on what you define as "collecting" if that's the case because that objectively sounds more like investing and reselling than collecting. 

A collector in the true sense of the word is essentially a hoarder who specializes in hoarding a specific category of something in a organized manner. And hoarding is an act of acquiring things with the intent to keep for the purpose of deriving priceless satisfaction from continued tangible possession and perpetual ownership which implicitly assigns a monetary resale value worth exactly $0.

It's a dead horse with LRGs mission statement etched in stone, but I'm still perplexed why anyone actually cares if they went back on that and offered reprints. I don't understand why people, who claim they aren't in it for money or reselling, are SO incredibly scared to death that they won't be able to exclusively have something that someone else can't.
Congratulations on being so pure. I can see why someone with such a heart of gold would be perplexed by human nature. I'd guess that most people want the items in their collection to have rarity and monetary value.

You've written a lot, and in the end, it come s down to this one statement^

If you have to ask, then there is nothing here that will change your mind, or explain it away. If LRG "reprinted" a title they said they wouldn't, their "word" means nothing, and as a business, that's death.

Why say a game will be 24.99 on Friday, and then once you buy, it's 30.99, or 39.99? How would that go over? Just because you have no moral issue with them going back on their word, says exactly who and what you are, and that's fine. If you want to say one thing, and do another, it's your life, and if you gain success with that, great. If not, that's also fine.

I personally don't deal with anyone who I can't trust, and that applies to friends, family, and businesses. It's just who I am, and how I deal in life. I personally don't really care if games are reprinted, as Soldner saw one shortly after LRG released it, and I was happy to see others who missed out, get a copy.

LRG is about more than the end user(of course we are the main piece to the puzzle), but there is more at stake than if you or me get a game cheap. If they go back on their mission statement, how do you think that would affect future deals with publishers? If I knew a company lied, are where not honest, I wouldn't be dealing with them, and I would assume, they would loose any future business from most places, as now they would be "untrustworthy" and their business is over, just as fast as it started.

Great, you now can get B&C cheap, and they now go out of business, as those developers now see them as crooks and liars, and now their business is over, house payments gone, kids college fund is toast, and a business two guys built from the ground up is ash, but that's great, as you got the game you wanted right? So all is good.

bread's done
Back