Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
If LRG publishes a physical Switch version of Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap,  I'll get it if it's not super over priced.  I wonder if they can hit the same digital +$5 price point?  I'd pay $25+shipping without question.

What would be really awesome if they could get iamsetsuna, but Wonder Boy is a great franchise.

Packing was great, unfortunately it looks like they sealed the shrink wrap too tight and I ended up with a slit in the back. Not worried about it as I will end up opening it anyway.

http://pasteboard.co/2GLUq83gx.jpg

Edit: Not sure why but for whatever reason no matter where I upload the pictures the board doesn't like the link...
Random question

If you aren't worried about it, why mention it? Seems kind of pointless in my opinion.

Random question

If you aren't worried about it, why mention it? Seems kind of pointless in my opinion.
I inquired in regards to how well it was packaged, and he responded to that. In giving a complete picture of his experience, he included what was "technically" the only wrong thing with his order. While he may have not had an issue, others may. So I personally don't see the issue either way, as he was just describing his order and giving the details of it(good and bad). If it's a widespread issue, it's good to point it out so LRG can see about corrections in the future.

If LRG publishes a physical Switch version of Wonder Boy The Dragon's Trap, I'll get it if it's not super over priced. I wonder if they can hit the same digital +$5 price point? I'd pay $25+shipping without question.

What would be really awesome if they could get iamsetsuna, but Wonder Boy is a great franchise.
I am betting on $20 over digital for a Switch release. LRG has consistently gone for MSRP digital + $10. Plus $10 Switch cartridge tax.

The cartridge price is based on the size of cartridge used. So if it's a smaller game requiring a smaller cart, it may not have the additional $10 in price.

Got my Darius in today. Packed in a bubble mailer twice as large as the game. Never got this size before. Definitely easy to whip around and not suprisingly my shrink wrap is all messed and loose plus the disc is loose. Really not happy about this one. I wonder if I got a properly sized mailer, the disc might have stayed in place. Fml on this release.

Oh yeah my sticker and my card are all folded too. Definitely not happy on a 60 dollar release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my Darius in today. Packed in a bubble mailer twice as large as the game. Never got this size before. Definitely easy to whip around and not suprisingly my shrink wrap is all messed and loose plus the disc is loose. Really not happy about this one. I wonder if I got a properly sized mailer, the disc might have stayed in place. Fml on this release.

Oh yeah my sticker and my card are all folded too. Definitely not happy on a 60 dollar release.
For future reference, we offer a box upgrade for $1.99 if you jusr want peace of mind. Bear in mind boxes and bubble mailer sizes DO NOT fix or influence loose discs. It's a flaw in the PS4 cases that we can't fix. Shipping in a box won't reduce the incidence of loose discs.

In any case, the size 2 mailers we use would have been folded to fit your game, so the size of the mailer is completely moot. Is the shrinkwrap torn or does it just seem to be on weird? Sony isn't consistent in applying shrinkwrap. We ordered DARIUSBURST at the same time as Astebreed and Astebreed had some super wonky shrinkwrap wouldn't be surprised if some DBCS were like that. Nothing we can control there because we don't have any influence over the components used or the actual manufacturing process.

If your shrinkwrap arrived torn, open a support ticket at limitedrungames.freshdesk.com.

We offer a box upgrade for $1.99 if you want peace of mind. Boxes and bubble mailer sizes DO NOT fix or influence loose discs. It's a flaw in the PS4 cases that we can't fix.

In any case, the size 2 mailers we use would have been folded to fit your game, so the size of the mailer is completely moot. Is the shrinkwrap torn or does it just seem to be on weird? Sony isn't consistent in applying shrinkwrap. We ordered DARIUSBURST at the same time as Astebreed and Astebreed had some super wonky shrinkwrap wouldn't be surprised if some DBCS were like that. Nothing we can control there because we don't have any influence over the components used or the actual manufacturing process.
Well, that's the issue, the mailer was not folded. So I would say the size of the mailer is very relevant here. I got the whole thing unfolded, in its glory for all the contents to jingle around. If someone tells me how to upload pics I can show you. I would think thats how the cards ended up folded. Just poor job shipping on this one. I often see the box upgrade but seeing I get tons of games in bubble mailers without this issue I just deem it an extra expense. All on me. I guess wonky could describe the wrap. Not torn or anything like that. Just horrible to look at really. If you say you had some bad wrap than so be it. You guys have always had good shipping. Never had a issue on any if my orders. Really unfortunate given the rarity and the cost that my luck ran out on this order.

The cartridge price is based on the size of cartridge used. So if it's a smaller game requiring a smaller cart, it may not have the additional $10 in price.
Where did you hear that from? Puyo Puyo Tetris file size is 1.09 GB yet it's $10 over the PS4 version. I think it's a case of cartridges costing more regardless of size. But this is just guessing. Curious as to the real production costs compared to Blu Ray Discs.

16 GB thumb drives are like $1.

Take away the USB and make it mask ROM instead and lose the "premium" writeable "flash" and you have what ? 25 cents?

Yeah. It's nothing more than Nintendo tax + early adopter tax on a popular new console that publishers are trying to exploit.

Where did you hear that from? Puyo Puyo Tetris file size is 1.09 GB yet it's $10 over the PS4 version. I think it's a case of cartridges costing more regardless of size. But this is just guessing. Curious as to the real production costs compared to Blu Ray Discs.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.eurogamer.net/amp/2017-03-10-why-nintendo-switch-games-are-ending-up-more-expensive

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/03/heres_why_nintendo_switch_games_cost_more_than_those_for_other_consoles

Sorry for the long links. I'm on mobile.

Got my Dariusburst Limited Edition in today, very happy with it.   Packaged perfectly.  Please use the same method for Ys Origin and future Limited Editions.

It's both.  Cartridges cost more regardless of size.  But the Switch carts come in different sizes and the larger ones will cost more than small carts.  I remember reading this a couple of times, but I don't have a source, sorry. 

In any case, we have no idea what kind of business relationship Nintendo has with their cartridge manufacturers.  Nor do we know how much truth there is to the cost of cartridges being substantially higher.  They're not $10 per unit, that's for damn sure.  

Knowing Nintendo, they probably factor in piracy prevention costs into the cost of the cart and then pass that savings onto you. 

They also add that bad taste compound as well, so who knows what that cost? Although I don't know if it's used on all carts, are just the "N" ones, as I never looked that much in to it past those videos of people licking their carts.

It's both. Cartridges cost more regardless of size. But the Switch carts come in different sizes and the larger ones will cost more than small carts. I remember reading this a couple of times, but I don't have a source, sorry.

In any case, we have no idea what kind of business relationship Nintendo has with their cartridge manufacturers. Nor do we know how much truth there is to the cost of cartridges being substantially higher. They're not $10 per unit, that's for damn sure.

Knowing Nintendo, they probably factor in piracy prevention costs into the cost of the cart and then pass that savings onto you.
Don't forget the flavoring... it ain't cheap to add flavor to your games.

Please don't do any VNs unless they are critically acclaimed. There are a ton of them on the market already and very few people are looking for additional ones to play. The volumes of VNs and dungeon crawlers are considered cash grabs because they take such fewer assets to develop. It's just a lazy way of pumping out games. There are already several very good ones and we don't need more of them. The market is flooded, many are boring, and people aren't interested.

The last thing Vita needs is more visual novels. It's the largest game genre on the platform because they are so easy to develop.
Which platforms are you mainly referring to? Vita doesn't have that many localized VNs. The ones I can think of off the top of my head are Danganronpa series, Steins;Gate series, Zero Escape series, a few super niche Otome ones (Amnesia, Norn9 and Code:Realize), Tokyo Twilight, Psycho Pass, and Xblaze. I wouldn't count that as being flooded.

Yeah it's worse on steam because you have a lot of shitty cashgrabs due to greenlight, but most people ignore those because they're cashgrabs. There aren't that many high budget/quality VNs on steam, most of the good ones came out in the past year or two. There aren't too many of them unless you're looking in all of the wrong places, but that can apply to any genre. You see tons of shitty roguelites, platformers, puzzle, FPS, survival, or zombie games. Almost every genre has games that take no effort to make. Some devs only make games for trading card profits, not to actually sell their games.

What's the max capacity storage a Vita or Switch game can have on the cartridge? Some have said a certain about for the Vita but not sure.

photo-thumb-40112.jpg

Can anyone that received the limited edition confirm the state of the soundtrack CD?  Mine has the normal paper booklet insert that serves as a front cover, but there is no paper insert for the back cover.  I'm assuming that this is as intended, but I'd appreciate someone else verifying.

Can anyone that received the limited edition confirm the state of the soundtrack CD? Mine has the normal paper booklet insert that serves as a front cover, but there is no paper insert for the back cover. I'm assuming that this is as intended, but I'd appreciate someone else verifying.
Here's an unboxing and it looks like the cd is matched your description. By the way that's a great avatar, oh hail the Boognish.

https://youtu.be/CHp-x-IkDXA

Vita carts cost pretty much the same amount as Switch carts. Don't expect any extra "Switch tax."
All I can say Josh is that if you do manage to work out a deal with Nintendo to start doing LRG Switch releases, you better bet on doing double the run sizes. People are straight up ridiculous when it comes to collecting anything Nintendo. This is coming from a guy that is friends with the dude that owns the infamous "Mario" Nintendo World Championship cart.

I don't believe it is low-budget. It's very highly-regarded. Also, it's Vita.
I believe you could publish the most crap game slap a LRG # on teh spine as part of the collection series and sell it for like $30-40 and it would sellout. The actual games don't matter in the end. People need #88 they don't want a gap of 87 then 89 on their shelf.

I believe you could publish the most crap game slap a LRG # on teh spine as part of the collection series and sell it for like $30-40 and it would sellout. The actual games don't matter in the end. People need #88 they don't want a gap of 87 then 89 on their shelf.
That's not something we'd do, though. Even the games we've released that people call out as "crap" are well reviewed. We haven't put out anything as objectively bad as Life of Black Tiger or My Name Is Mayo (and we never will).

The VN is one people have been asking for. It's not some kind of low budget shlock.

That's not something we'd do, though. Even the games we've released that people call out as "crap" are well reviewed. We haven't put out anything as objectively bad as Life of Black Tiger or My Name Is Mayo (and we never will).

The VN is one people have been asking for. It's not some kind of low budget shlock.
Any way we can see a physical copy of Proteus?

Didn't I read that on Switch downloads have to be the same price as carts? If so doesn't that mean the download price would have to be raised if LRG makes a physical edition?

I would think given what LRG has published from Curve Digital along with games that were PS+, Proteus would be a strong possibility.   I would hope the Swapper would get published first as it's a relatively good game.  Proteus I felt was pretty much garbage.  It has 80% on metacritic over 24 reviews, though user reviews has it a 5.4/10.  Personally, I thought it was maybe a 2/10.  I love exploration and quirky stuff... but nothing in this really made me think "ok this is cool" or "this is fun".   Flower was a much better game in this genre.  I enjoyed that.

Puyo Tetris has that "collect me" feel.
I picked up the physical copy for Switch, seems to be in short supply. I got mine the day after release and it was the last copy at my local Gamestop. A few days later I saw my local Best Buy only had one copy of the game left in stock as well. It's a great puzzle game too, so worth picking up if you are interested.

Strangely, I got one from my local independent game store and none of the ones they received were the 'keychain' editions but were the same price.

Strangely, I got one from my local independent game store and none of the ones they received were the 'keychain' editions but were the same price.
Yeah the physical edition is $40 with or without the keychains. The keychains are just bonus items, but if you bought a copy that came with a cardboard box you should have also received the keychains. You aren't missing much though, they are cool keychains, but they are still just keychains.

Yeah the physical edition is $40 with or without the keychains. The keychains are just bonus items, but if you bought a copy that came with a cardboard box you should have also received the keychains. You aren't missing much though, they are cool keychains, but they are still just keychains.
Yep, Amazon is now shipping copies without the keychains, so the theory about the keychains somehow getting them around the increased price over digital is BS.

bread's done
Back