Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Yeah, not LRG but am glad to have got in SRG limited Shadow Warrior 2. Their pricing structure is kind of crazy. I ordered just the PS4 game (2500 copies) and it cost $45 after shipping. It includes the physical game and some numbered extra thing. It's literally the price of the digital game plus shipping. And it also includes steam keys for SW1&2. I'm assuming the only way they could pull that off is if they're a subsidiary of Devolver right? Otherwise I can't see how they're making money. Anyway I'm glad to pick it up, I absolutely loved Shadow Warrior 1

Thanks for the heads up, placed an order. Would have loved to get the Big Wang set- only 50 vinyls made... pretty nuts but oh well. Great price too, I've been meaning to play the first and it's nice that they throw in the Steam key here.

EDIT* Is this a dual disc release? This page lists discs for both SW1 and SW 2- but only shows 1 disc. 

https://www.specialreservegames.com/reserves/shadow-warrior-2 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads up, placed an order. Would have loved to get the Big Wang set- only 50 vinyls made... pretty nuts but oh well. Great price too, I've been meaning to play the first and it's nice that they throw in the Steam key here.

EDIT* Is this a dual disc release? This page lists discs for both SW1 and SW 2- but only shows 1 disc.

https://www.specialreservegames.com/reserves/shadow-warrior-2
They list the disc for SW1 as a separate item so I assume it's on a different disc.

Manuals take a significant amount of work for the developers to lay out. Most struggle to commit the time to do a disc release in the first place - requiring a manual from them would be deal-breaker for some. We have put out plenty of games with manuals or pack-ins, though. We'll do whatever the devs want when it comes to this stuff.
Don't all Vita games have digital manuals? I thought Sony required them for Vita games? I checked a bunch of games and they all had them and they all looked ready to be printed. Some were really fantastic (La-Mulana EX, Ray Gigant) and even some PSP games had them (Trails of the Sky has a 90 page digital manual!). So at least for vita games, it seems the only decision is if it's worth doing.

Personally I don't care about manuals. I don't think it's worth doing if it means the game price is going to spike a lot. It's great to get one if the game is really special to me as it makes getting a physical copy that much more worth it. But it's not a deal breaker since most games don't have physical manuals anyway. Physical manuals have gone away from the norm much like the norm for getting PC games is getting them digital.

It's official. Broken Age coming June 9th. Now I just need to remember to order it while I'm on vacation at Disney World  :pray:  

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/867409880038215681

[attachment=26664:chris.jpg]

"Chris" is at it again, reselling multiple copies of all these Limited Run games, Special Reserve games, and I'm sure PlayAsia games when he sees that market. I love this new limited physical release of digital games, but I feel one negative aspect to this market is making sure you can get a game on release. These re-sellers that take advantage of the situation, hurt the honest companies and the honest buyers. Now we can remove him, and make this hobby more fun. 

Below is the listing, and how to report his auction. This is a digital listing which is a violation of listing polices. If you choose to report his other auctions for Limited Run items, he has a whole bunch Limited Run cards and stickers he's selling, then his time is numbered. 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strafe-PC-Full-Game-for-Steam-Special-Reserve-Games-Pixel-Titans-New-/192176188881?hash=item2cbe97edd1:g:gsoAAOSwCQZZCVJj

To report a policy violation from a listing:

1. Go to the listing for the item you want to report.
  2. Click Report item on the right side of the listing page.
  3. From the drop-down menus, choose the reason for your report.
  4. Make sure the listing is really violating an eBay policy by reviewing the relevant policy. You can review the policy by clicking the link that appears on the report form.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. On the next page, fill in any additional information requested and click Send.

I always find it odd how LRG titles seem to go on sale on other platforms very close to the release on the boxed copy. I wonder if it's the publisher/dev going "Hey people are talking about our game, let's put it up for sale at a discount to capitalize." Risk of Rain for example is the Steam Daily Deal for $2.49 . I know it's digital and on a completely different platform, but I can imagine people seeing the $24.99 price tag tomorrow and going "This is $2.49 on steam. Just get it there" when I tell people it's in stock on social media. It's happened before.

It kind of bums me out since they are devaluing the LRG release and thus LRG can't make bigger print runs because people just buy the insanely cheaper version. I guess most releases will be for a collecting sake which is somewhat of a bummer.

chris.jpg

"Chris" is at it again, reselling multiple copies of all these Limited Run games, Special Reserve games, and I'm sure PlayAsia games when he sees that market. I love this new limited physical release of digital games, but I feel one negative aspect to this market is making sure you can get a game on release. These re-sellers that take advantage of the situation, hurt the honest companies and the honest buyers. Now we can remove him, and make this hobby more fun.

Below is the listing, and how to report his auction. This is a digital listing which is a violation of listing polices. If you choose to report his other auctions for Limited Run items, he has a whole bunch Limited Run cards and stickers he's selling, then his time is numbered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Strafe-PC-Full-Game-for-Steam-Special-Reserve-Games-Pixel-Titans-New-/192176188881?hash=item2cbe97edd1:g:gsoAAOSwCQZZCVJj

• Go to the listing for the item you want to report.
  • Click Report item on the right side of the listing page.
  • From the drop-down menus, choose the reason for your report.
  • Make sure the listing is really violating an eBay policy by reviewing the relevant policy. You can review the policy by clicking the link that appears on the report form.
  • Click Continue.
  • On the next page, fill in any additional information requested and click Send.
Just a waste of time.

Chris Limited Run game collection on ebay,

http://stores.ebay.com/chrisz300zx?_dmd=2&_nkw=limited+run

UNLIKE the digital code which is a clear violation, I do realize what he's selling at this moment falls within the quantities category, but I surmise this would be frowned upon by Limited Run Games and the collecting community. He's basically mining this company/and it's die hard fans who want complete sets for money. He's making money and the expense of Limited Run Games and the collectors. 

attachicon.gif
chris.jpg

4. Make sure the listing is really violating an eBay policy by reviewing the relevant policy. You can review the policy by clicking the link that appears on the report form.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. On the next page, fill in any additional information requested and click Send.
Ignored. NEXT!

Mods don't seem willing to do anything about the idiots in here that start harassment campaigns and witch hunts. Anyone else? You're all getting blocked.

UNLIKE the digital code which is a clear violation, I do realize what he's selling at this moment falls within the quantities category, but I surmise this would be frowned upon by Limited Run Games and the collecting community. He's basically mining this company/and it's die hard fans who want complete sets for money. He's making money and the expense of Limited Run Games and the collectors.
What do you propose ebay, Limited Run Games, and the collecting community do about it?

attachicon.gif
chris.jpg

5. Click Continue.
Digital listings on eBay are allowed, they're just stupid. Your just not allowed to only send it via only a email. As long as you write the code or whatever on a little piece of paper and physically mail it, it's fine. So unless your actually going to go as far as to buy one of his codes. Wait to see if they only send it via email, then report them for it. All just so you can cry "See, see, I told you so!". Then my friend you have a lot more problems than I do and my list isn't that short.

I reiterate, I dislike re-sellers as much as the next guy. Is this person a dick for their re-seller practices? Maybe. I would say so imo. But certainly so are you if your filing a false report against him without any justification just out of spite. That's just rolling around in the same sewer with them, making oneself just as scummy as they are. Quit it.

It's gonna be $30.

Looks like I have to sell my first born child because my wallet is already in a coma from their releases.
Whatever you do don't sell your kid on craigslist. People will only give you a fraction of what your kid is worth on there.

When will you people finally shut up about sellers on eBay? Jesus you all act like they should be crucified for paralyzing you and making you watch them then rape your mother with the dog after killing it, murdering your children and burning your house down.

It's constantly these really really immature and petty call outs constantly. Act like whay they do is illegal or something and then people here act like a little kid tattling on their sibling doing there best to get someone to punish them.

[quote name="neowarp" post="13722923" timestamp="1495646760"]
attachicon.gif
chris.jpg

Below is the listing, and how to report his auction. This is a digital listing which is a violation of listing polices. If you choose to report his other auctions for Limited Run items, he has a whole bunch Limited Run cards and stickers he's selling, then his time is numbered. "

I'm not a fan of resellers but to be honest, this guy has a lot of nice stuff up for sale. It's unfortunate that some people buy up limited stuff just to resell but this guy definitely isn't making much money off these LRG releases. With all the nice stuff he has up for sale, I'm surprised he even wastes his time buying LRG games to resell as there really isn't much profit to made.

No one cares and/or please shut up. People buy and sell things and have since the invention of currency. It's not going to change.

this neowarp guy keeps posting about Chris on ebay every freaking release. now hes doing it for SRG. geezuz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0

this neowarp guy keeps posting about Chris on ebay every freaking release. now hes doing it for SRG. geezuz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFZrzg62Zj0
What if neowarp is this Chris guy and he keeps posting this shit like he's raising awareness but really, he's just spamming links to his own auctions?:whistle2:k

Who was it that said that he backed the Plague Road KS and prefer the LRG retail cover?
If you're trying to find out if anyone has an extra KS vita copy, I do. I bought both so long ago when I was buying the entire line but have since switched to all ps4 and unique vita only.

I posted this over at lrg too but if anyone wants to scoop an extra and trade me for stealth Inc or swindle (both vita both sealed) I'd be interested. I can't afford this one but I'd like a copy and don't plan on playing those others.

Can be ps4 or vita whatever is easiest or whatever you end up with 2 of. Just putting it out there.

I know we have a trade thread but I'm just putting it out there preemptively in case someone sees and is interested.

If you're trying to find out if anyone has an extra KS vita copy, I do. I bought both so long ago when I was buying the entire line but have since switched to all ps4 and unique vita only.
Someone mentioned it and I was gonna pm the user asking if he/she wants to trade the KS version for the LRG variant once it goes up.

I am interested in the LRG release of plague road, as i already have the KS variant on order.  I was wishing they would do a reversible cover for the KS backers, but thas wishful thinking.  

Im not looking to trade off, as Ill prolly end up ordering the LRg release version as well.  

Ten minutes to go, and I'm still trying to decide whether or not I want Risk of Rain. Will probably get it just in case, but haven't committed to it yet.

The bundle costs more than buying them individually.
A whole $.02! $.01 (Fat fingers)

I don't know why, I still bought each of them separate instead of the bundle. Something more satisfying about seeing both LRG #57 and #58 in cart instead of just one bundle.

$5.50 to ship this game made it an easy pass for me, personally. Single releases kill it imho.

Think I'm out on LRG at this point.

The bundle costs $50, while they individually cost $25 each. That's the same. And the bundle that comes with the soundtrack is actually cheaper than the individual items its composed of.

Got my usual PS4 copy ordered, no problem.

This is my first Limited Run purchase so testing the waters with their releases. Was intrigued when I read this was more a game for the Demon's Souls (props to the reviewer for actually name dropping this one other than Dark Souls haha) crowd and not for the casual gamer. I see Salty Souls has an upcoming release and I might double-dip on it since it's a great game. Could be the start of a future collection from these guys!

bread's done
Back