Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I was just thinking LRG had pegged demand about perfectly for this release. Lasts long enough for anyone who wants it to get a copy, but it's selling well enough to sell out in a reasonable time.

I was just thinking LRG had pegged demand about perfectly for this release. Lasts long enough for anyone who wants it to get a copy, but it's selling well enough to sell out in a reasonable time.
Agreed. I forgot about the release, checked at 10:45 and it was still available on both platforms with about 22% left for each. Ordered the Vita version at that time, then the PS4 version about an hour later.

I'm skipping risk of rain. I already played the game a ton and beat it on vita. It's a great game but it doesn't take up a lot of space on my memory card. Definitely recommend it if you haven't played it.

I think we have the next Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics
Fortunately Risk of Rain is a much better game. And from the first batch, the Vita version has sold out, PS4 has 3% remaining. It'll stay around longer for the evening batch, but should eventually sell out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Risk of Rain is pretty cool, but gets boring once you consistently beat it. On the PC I think I even unlocked every achievement sans the one about drowing narwhols or whatever it was.

Pretty much. It gets way too easy after awhile.

It would have benefited from the NG+++ etc, like Rogue Legacy.

I'll take "easy" over controller-breaking levels of difficulty any day. I play games for enjoyment, not frustration.
Except now days everyone who plays video games thinks they are a "pro" and if something is easy enough that everybody can do it, the "pros" scream loudly for nerfs to protect their rep/manhood.

Self flogging jerkasses that don't want "op" gear or "broken" builds. To hell with that. I play games to get level 99 and farm the best post game gear, don't ruin my fun with your nerf bullshit.

We couldn't have a Nintendo Power in this day and age. All the infinite lives tricks and shortcuts and hidden item tips and tricks and boss tactics would be called exploits and there would be reddits of people screaming daily to patch and nerf.

Whew. Luckily I didn't buy extra copies.
Yeah, I haven't bought any extra copies in ages. At this point I wouldn't even consider it unless the run was 2000 and under, and has a pretty good level of popularity associated with it. So going forward, I doubt many will meet that requirement, as qty's have been getting better.

If LRG hadn't started releasing so many more games now a days, I probably would have kept up with some double buys just for the reward tickets. But with the frequency of releases currently, that's just to costly of an option. And so far, there really hasn't been any reward items I "need" to have yet either, so it's not a big deal.........yet. LOL

We couldn't have a Nintendo Power in this day and age.
We couldn't have a Nintendo Power in this day and age because the internet exists, and print is dead. On-line servers can monitor your play to insure that your game-related achievements aren't being assisted by mods or exploits. Debug consoles and cheat codes get stripped out of games before launch due to increased publisher paranoia thanks to scandals like the GTA Hot Coffee one. It is true, times have changed and there's no going back to the way things were. But "hardcore" gamers aren't the only people to point the finger at in this scenario. Everything has changed.

They make games for people who like easy and they make games for people who like hard- just stay where you're comfy and don't dictate what others get to experience. There's enough to go around.

Try telling them that if a certain gun or sword or item is too powerful and makes a game too easy than don't use it.  

They act like they are forced to unless it gets taken away from everyone. I did a FF6 low level play beating the game at level 5 or 6 without needing the level cap nerfed or anything.  Challenge is what you make of it.

If you want to challenge yourself then do it. Stop screaming for nerfs and patches and taking away everyone else's shit.  

Worst aspect of online connected gaming. Even single player games.

Picked up the dual pack of RoR today.  Haven't played it before but I've heard great things about it.  Also finally got in my Mutant Mudds games.  First time in multiple purchases getting tickets.  Is it due to there being some minimum purchase amount, given that I got both Mutant Mudds games?

I remember some random guy joined my game in dying light, dropped a bunch of high level shit and left. Ofc i used it and the game got boring shortly after. Could have reverted back to my old gear i guess, the game was pretty solid.

Except now days everyone who plays video games thinks they are a "pro" and if something is easy enough that everybody can do it, the "pros" scream loudly for nerfs to protect their rep/manhood.

Self flogging jerkasses that don't want "op" gear or "broken" builds. To hell with that. I play games to get level 99 and farm the best post game gear, don't ruin my fun with your nerf bullshit.

We couldn't have a Nintendo Power in this day and age. All the infinite lives tricks and shortcuts and hidden item tips and tricks and boss tactics would be called exploits and there would be reddits of people screaming daily to patch and nerf.
You sound either jealous or way too bothered by those types to go on such a tirade and seem to be personally upset, especially with the immature name calling and belittling. A lot of gamers really want that challenge and can't enjoy it without it being hard, some cant enjoy a game unless it's easy, and some in the middle.

And what does Nintendo power have to do with anything? The devs put in the cheat codes, Nintendo power had nothing to do with that.

Just play your games and stop worrying about what others do or want.

You sound either jealous or way too bothered by those types to go on such a tirade and seem to be personally upset, especially with the immature name calling and belittling. A lot of gamers really want that challenge and can't enjoy it without it being hard, some cant enjoy a game unless it's easy, and some in the middle.

And what does Nintendo power have to do with anything? The devs put in the cheat codes, Nintendo power had nothing to do with that.

Just play your games and stop worrying about what others do or want.
As someone who min maxes and be always goes for the best gear and best builds it's hard enjoy games when my shit keeps getting altered or taken away by nerf patches.

Do you buy a Lamborghini then wake up next week to a Kia? Nope.

As is I won't play any online games or anything with server side saves anymore. But it's infecting single player offline games too.

If people want to challenge themselves, don't use the shit they think it's too powerful, that simple. Stop pointing it out and screaming about it until it's nerfed for people that do enjoy it.

Throwing a shell between two bullet bill cannons to get 99 lives world be called an exploit by today's bitch ass gamers and they wouldn't shut up until it got patched out.

We are borderline unable to have "ultimate weapons" post game anymore because all these self flogging nerf baiters call everything "OP" now because they want to sound and feel "pro". I remember a time when you heard about those and couldn't wait to get home that day and get your own instead of screaming "OP".

I'll play my games and not care what other people do when they stop messing up my games. If someone trespassed my home to rip the blower off my car to nerf it because it was too powerful and not fair they would be shot.

On topic, 24% Vita and 26% PS4 remaining for Risk of Rain, which I guess would be in the range of 500 copies of each. I hope they eventually sell out, but it's obviously going to be quite a while.

Went ahead and ordered the dual pack of RoR yesterday but should have ordered each one individually as when buying the dual pack, I believe you only get one ticket but you get 2 if you order them individually. Though I'm still not sure what I can use my tickets for anyway. I have 26 of them as of now.

Went ahead and ordered the dual pack of RoR yesterday but should have ordered each one individually as when buying the dual pack, I believe you only get one ticket but you get 2 if you order them individually. Though I'm still not sure what I can use my tickets for anyway. I have 26 of them as of now.
I believe you still get tickets per game, and not by the bundle, but I could be wrong.

I believe you still get tickets per game, and not by the bundle, but I could be wrong.
Oh. I thought I read somewhere here about someone only getting one ticket when buying a bundle. Still trying to see what I can use them for though. Thought when they started giving them out, that they would have some type of redemption program for certain goodies. Didn't expect much as they're just a bonus and not something they have to do for me to continue to buy their games

Oh. I thought I read somewhere here about someone only getting one ticket when buying a bundle. Still trying to see what I can use them for though. Thought when they started giving them out, that they would have some type of redemption program for certain goodies. Didn't expect much as they're just a bonus and not something they have to do for me to continue to buy their games
Yeah, there was an issue where they weren't sending out the proper amount of tickets for the orders, but I believe that was fixed.

Question for anyone who got Ray Gigant.

Did you guys also get a LRG sticker w/ it or only the post card? Did not get a sticker w/ my order =\
Sticker & post card with mine. Go the the site and open a "ticket", they should be able to help you as long as their is stock left.

Sometimes they run out. Those stickers and post cards are paid for by LRG themselves and are only available until supplies last. Of course, fulfillment could've just forgot.

LRG why wasted your money on sticker?  If you have time create something (Check list) link to peoples account.  Peoples go thru the list and check the box that they bought the game from you or whenever you shipped out they orders just check the box by you.  Easy and save $$$ on stickers. Whenever peoples claim bought 40 games from you. You can go thru the list & they ordered account and double check to verify they meet 40 games for free game or not.  Easy & simple. Instead stupid stickers.

LRG why wasted your money on sticker? If you have time create something (Check list) link to peoples account. Peoples go thru the list and check the box that they bought the game from you or whenever you shipped out they orders just check the box by you. Easy and save $$$ on stickers. Whenever peoples claim bought 40 games from you. You can go thru the list & they ordered account and double check to verify they meet 40 games for free game or not. Easy & simple. Instead stupid stickers.
No. Stickers are cool.

Uh, an easy for LRG to verify your amount of purchases is just go into your order history. Not a check list.

Stickers are cool. Postcards are cool. Even paper ticket vouchers are cool. Kind of makes collecting from LRG have an old-school feel. Everything physical. Ordering from Amazon or Best Buy you get a game in a generic padded envelope with no extras. Ordering from LRG you get a game in a cool blue box or a pink or black envelope with extra stuff added in -- coolness.

Yeah, paying that extra penny for the bundle, plus getting only one ticket for the games would be like a kick in the balls ;)

Agreed. I forgot about the release, checked at 10:45 and it was still available on both platforms with about 22% left for each. Ordered the Vita version at that time, then the PS4 version about an hour later.
I honestly think this scenario means they hit the demand perfectly for what they are trying to do, produce a limited run game and make it available to everyone who wants a copy. When the games sell out in minutes money was left on the table for both Limited Run and the Developers. Right now there are 180 copies for Vita left and 202 copies left for PS4 it will sell out before the end of the weekend. This is the best scenario for everyone (except resellers), LRG gets the money out of the release to feed into the next one and people who want the release had plenty of time to get it.

Still worried about Oceanhorn and Cosmic Star Heroine production levels. Maybe my personal bias from the games I like to play (Phantasy Star and Legend of Zelda are my favorite series of games), but I could see both of these releases clearing 10,000 plus copies on each platform. I just hope they can figure out getting Cosmic Star Heroine on a Vita cart.

Got my copy of Strafe today from SRG. Never got a tracking number (I know they were having an issue with this) so it was a nice surprise. Overall I think they did a real nice job with the art design and the case work. Only thing that bothers me is the "not for resale" text on the back of the box. Other than that though it's a nice release. glad to have picked it up.

Got my copy of Strafe today from SRG. Never got a tracking number (I know they were having an issue with this) so it was a nice surprise. Overall I think they did a real nice job with the art design and the case work. Only thing that bothers me is the "not for resale" text on the back of the box. Other than that though it's a nice release. glad to have picked it up.
I agree about the nfr print on the back, it almost seems like an error; why put something like that on the back cover? Makes it look like these were promo copies to be given out to reviewers. Otherwise a nice game, and not a big deal.

Whenever that is was more of reference of Rabbi Ribi coming from Sekai Project who say theyre working on Vita but who knows
Yeah and Sekai Project is currently batting 0 on the Vita front....just wishful thinking for these...but hopefully there releases will be this year or next. Must have the same people doing their programming on the Vita as the ones doing the 18+ versions of their games on PC. I'm being sarcastic of course.

Hey look, our good old buddy Chrisz300zx went around the Special Reserve limits too. 3 of ps4 and 3 of PC and PS4 bundle. As per usual, whoever is buying from him is an even bigger problem.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shadow-Warrior-1-2-Collectors-Edition-PS4-Sony-Playstation-Num-REGION-FREE-/192195764140?hash=item2cbfc29fac:g:eykAAOSwfpVZJRvA
that's why if we all do our part and keep reporting his listings to ebay, we can kick him off of ebay !

bread's done
Back