Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/872122734469369857

-eyes emoji-

For context, Ouren/Wolf is doing the Vita port of VA-11 Hall-A

fuck, June is gonna be expensive... 

Also just saw the "fan bundle" for Broken Age. Even more money potentially burnt... 

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as I remember, outside of the Furi soundtrack CD (which is fantastic) - there won't be anything else in June outside of Furi and DARIUSBURST.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/872122734469369857

-eyes emoji-

For context, Ouren/Wolf is doing the Vita port of VA-11 Hall-A
sign Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds too.

pls.

5654e19285a824f0bbcffa81a9062abf706cf902_hq.gif

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunDoug/status/872129990074265600

I'm looking more forward to this, than any of the big 3's shows next week, very cool.

EDIT: Sadly, only 4-5 Vita titles(which is all I personally collect), but still great news. Maybe an NS title or two, but I'm not holding my breath for that. LOL

So Cursed Castilla is considered #3, assume Blue Rider is #2, what's #1? I recall it was Ys Origins or Soldner X2 but neither of those are box sets so don't fit?

The covers are designed by the developers - it's my policy to not fight them on the designs so long as the overall design works. It's their baby being preserved so it should be preserved the way they want. Sometimes the results are much better than others.

I've only ever told one developer that we couldn't do their cover art because it was so miserably bad it would have hurt our reputation. We ended up dropping that game completely so it's not something I can dive into details on. It would have ranked highly on worst cover art of all time lists.
Could have been legendary like Mega Man or Axelay USA !!!

Could have been legendary like Mega Man or Axelay USA !!!
I think you may be thinking of Phalanx for the SNES, as Axelay had a pretty good box art design(great game to). I actually enjoyed the Phalanx one, although I have no idea what the hell it means, but every time I saw it, it grabbed my attention. LOL SO I guess when it comes to advertising, it got the job done.

I think you may be thinking of Phalanx for the SNES, as Axelay had a pretty good box art design(great game to). I actually enjoyed the Phalanx one, although I have no idea what the hell it means, but every time I saw it, it grabbed my attention. LOL SO I guess when it comes to advertising, it got the job done.
Yup your correct I meant Phalanx.

Axelay. Better be on snes mini.
Great game that really pushed the SNES, and a rather creative shooter in it's own right.

Well, if the one side of the NES Classic argument is to be believed, the licensing from the 3rd parties is one of the main reasons production was stopped. I don't know that I believe that, as I don't see "N" doing anything for fan service where they aren't being paid for their efforts. But to release a machine that had such high demand, only to end it, does speak to some type of issue, but what it was, I don't know.

But if that was true, it would be highly unlikely many 3rd party games would appear on it. I also don't believe that, as what would be the point in releasing an SNES Mini machine with only "N" titles? So if we do see one, no telling the games, cost, or length of availability. "N" for sure seems to love the "less" is "more" way of thinking in regards to retail inventory, so it will be interesting to see if nothing else.

That reminds me I still got a sealed Axelay I got at a video game convention back in 2006 or 2007 for $15.  That was a pretty great deal back then so I am to this day considering opening it and making sure there is indeed a copy of Axelay in the box and not another game, or a rock.  The seal did look like a factory type if I remember correctly.

That reminds me I still got a sealed Axelay I got at a video game convention back in 2006 or 2007 for $15. That was a pretty great deal back then so I am to this day considering opening it and making sure there is indeed a copy of Axelay in the box and not another game, or a rock. The seal did look like a factory type if I remember correctly.
You could probably get some pretty good funds for that if you wanted to sell it. As sealed SNES games are a pretty solid sellers more often than not, especially a game like that, where huge qty's weren't made to begin with.

Nope. Castilla is what you call a person from Castile region of Spain. Cursed is English for cursed. Maldito is cursed in Spanish.

For fucks sake. Google.

I decided I'm going to go for the bundle. I'll have to sell my extra ps4 copy but I don't anticipate it being difficult to sell. Hopefully I can get the bundle because I really like broken age and this is as close to a prepackaged collector's edition I'll ever get.

And I'm secretly hoping it leads to grim.

I decided I'm going to go for the bundle. I'll have to sell my extra ps4 copy but I don't anticipate it being difficult to sell. Hopefully I can get the bundle because I really like broken age and this is as close to a prepackaged collector's edition I'll ever get.

And I'm secretly hoping it leads to grim.
That's our hope too. If this sells out fast and Double Fine walks away with a nice pay check, my hope is they'll feel more inclined to figure out the licensing hurdles on physical LucasArts remasters.

That's our hope too. If this sells out fast and Double Fine walks away with a nice pay check, my hope is they'll feel more inclined to figure out the licensing hurdles on physical LucasArts remasters.
Disney, unlike "N", seems to be in the business of making money, so I'm hopeful something will be worked out in time(prayers made/fingers crossed) :D/

Does the Broken Age Fan Bundle come in an exclusive box? Or is it the 2 games with the artbook, and plush but everything separate?

Does the Broken Age Fan Bundle come in an exclusive box? Or is it the 2 games with the artbook, and plush but everything separate?
All those items are normally offered separately, so I would guess that is the case. If there was a special box, I'm sure it would be shown and stated, as that would be a good selling point for many.

I'd love the others too, but grim is my favorite game of all time ever.

I had the big box pc version which actually came with a Manny dancing toy thing. I sold the toy a few years ago for almost 300 bucks. It killed me to do, but I'm sure that 300 dollars went to something important I can no longer remember lol.

I'd love the others too, but grim is my favorite game of all time ever.

I had the big box pc version which actually came with a Manny dancing toy thing. I sold the toy a few years ago for almost 300 bucks. It killed me to do, but I'm sure that 300 dollars went to something important I can no longer remember lol.
I had a PC version from some LucasArts box set or something, and almost every disc in the set rotted out, so I don't even have that one anymore. And I've almost never had any other disc rot like that ever, maybe a bad patch of disc, but it sucked, as there was tons of good point N clicks in the set.

$300 for a ring? Yeah, I would have sold it to. LOL

Hey, I just noticed the Deemo box art has a ESRB rating, is this the first LRG release to have one? If so, why was it included now?

Hey, I just noticed the Deemo box art has a ESRB rating, is this the first LRG release to have one? If so, why was it included now?
Doomstink mentioned it before and said it was a long story.

EDIT: Got my single copy of Broken Age (Vita) with no hassle.

Got the bundle. If anyone wants a Broken Age PS4 please let me know, I'm only asking what I paid to get it. I wanted the extras but only need the Vita copy THANKS! 

Huh... did anyone else get a random $5 off coupon automatically applied when checking out with Paypal?  Works for me!

EDIT: Checked my emails, apparently it was a $5 off $15+ Paypal flash sale, ending 11:59pm PST June 11.  Don't know if it is YMMV invite or not.

So no soundtrack for Deemo? That would seem like the type of game that could use a soundtrack offering.
This^

I had played Deemo before on my phone prior to it releasing on the vita and some of the compositions are really fantastic that I had hoped to get an OST for

Does the physical ps4 broken age have a different trophy list from the digital one? or is that just vita?

Huh... did anyone else get a random $5 off coupon automatically applied when checking out with Paypal? Works for me!

EDIT: Checked my emails, apparently it was a $5 off $15+ Paypal flash sale, ending 11:59pm PST June 11. Don't know if it is YMMV invite or not.
targetted promo, it is YMMV invite only

bread's done
Back