Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I've given up on trying to fix this Strafe lol. fuck Sony for that shitty design, hopefully Furi doesn't come the same way!

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally I hope more games have runs like Darius on Vita where it takes a day or two to sellout. Let's everyone get a chance to purchase the game and fucks over scalpers.

I brought up the high price previously, but Doomstink clarified the reason for the high price of DBC. Multiple developers and IP holders have stakes in the game, and they all need to get a portion of the proceeds from the sales of the game to make the physical production worthwhile. I don't blame anyone for the high price of DBC, it's just a necessary level to cover the stakeholders.
I understand the high price. I just don't think the game itself is worthy of it.

Skullgirls PS4 update, in case you missed it.  (Unsurprisingly, the status chart at skullgirls.com hasn't been updated.)

1498409220_1.png

The higher price might have a little bit to do with it. I think the bigger reasons DBCS Vita did not sell out as fast is that the PS4 version came out previously at LRG and perhaps even bigger the Japanese version for Vita was released a while back. It's still available at a higher price at Play Asia (69.99) . I'm sure a lot of shmup fans already had bought it from Play Asia so they did not want to buy a second copy at a pretty hefty price from LRG. If I were not going for a complete North American Vita collection I would have passed on the LRG release since I already have the Japanese version on Vita as well as both versions on PS4.
Close....the PlayAsia release was $52 initially and was released in Jan. LRG didn't announce anything because they hadn't made a deal with Degica on releasing that version. That hurt them (not announcing anything), I skipped the release because I wanted a sure thing in getting my copy (same for PS4 version) and imported both.

Going forward I hope to see more transparency (like their E3 video), but releases being done elsewhere (like PA for instance) I'll drop my money there so I don't have to fight the hoards for games for my collection. I can understand Degica not wanting to undercut their digital release, but the people that want it already have it, so who's left to justify that high price now.

I've bought the game 3 times already (2 phys., 1 digital) I wasn't going to do it again. And I'm sure anyone who collects shmups did the same, they don't want a 6 month delay for a game they want to play.

Should be interesting to see how this Ghost Blade debacle works out.

Going forward I hope to see more transparency (like their E3 video), but releases being done elsewhere (like PA for instance) I'll drop my money there so I don't have to fight the hoards for games for my collection. I can understand Degica not wanting to undercut their digital release, but the people that want it already have it, so who's left to justify that high price now.

Should be interesting to see how this Ghost Blade debacle works out.
You're still going to have to fight people for the limited Play-Asia games if they're games people really want (and don't go live at 1AM). The only reason it's generally easier to get PA releases is that less people are vying for them (and they go live at random times) - the minute that changes, you'll have the same issues there as you do with our releases.

I suspect Ghost Blade will be their first major brush with missing demand. We signed it at 4,000 copies and I think that would have sold swiftly. 3,000 is not going to last long at all. With the inconsistent late-night/early-morning times their stuff goes live at - a lot of people will likely be left in the cold here.

No idea how our release of it will go. We dropped it to 2,000 copies to not chance getting stuck with inventory that won't sell. With 3,000 people being served with the PA release, 2,000 should be enough to catch the remaining demand. On the flipside, if the PA release becomes mega valuable - our 2,000 may sell out in a flash due to speculators. I don't know.

I'd rather play it safe especially since the developers kind of put themselves in this position by not telling us about the PA release.

You're still going to have to fight people for the limited Play-Asia games if they're games people really want (and don't go live at 1AM). The only reason it's generally easier to get PA releases is that less people are vying for them (and they go live at random times) - the minute that changes, you'll have the same issues there as you do with our releases.

I suspect Ghost Blade will be their first major brush with missing demand. We signed it at 4,000 copies and I think that would have sold swiftly. 3,000 is not going to last long at all. With the inconsistent late-night/early-morning times their stuff goes live at - a lot of people will likely be left in the cold here.

No idea how our release of it will go. We dropped it to 2,000 copies to not chance getting stuck with inventory that won't sell. With 3,000 people being served with the PA release, 2,000 should be enough to catch the remaining demand. On the flipside, if the PA release becomes mega valuable - our 2,000 may sell out in a flash due to speculators. I don't know.

I'd rather play it safe especially since the developers kind of put themselves in this position by not telling us about the PA release.
Have they done a 'priority preorder' link/list for previous releases? The email from signing up for that list points out the pre-order will go live at a very specific time for that link. I'm mostly wondering if they have a precedent of missing a specific, stated time from your comment about things going live at inconsistent times.

Did Ghost Blade ever go live at PA? It says that the campaign is over now, but I don't think my link ever worked.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

2000 huh.  It's still going to be a slaughter.  NA version of these collectible games are far more sought after.

Just don't release it with like 6 other games on the same day. XD

2000 huh. It's still going to be a slaughter. NA version of these collectible games are far more sought after.

Just don't release it with like 6 other games on the same day. XD
Maybe if Play Asia sells out of their version really quickly, LRG may consider upping the print run to a little more than 2000. I still think 2000 may be too small, especially if they limit it to 2 per person. If it was up to me I would probably suggest either leaving it at 2000 and limiting it to 1 per customer, or upping it to 3500 and limiting it to 2 per customer.

Did you guys establish what you're going to do for your release? Is it just going to be a standard PS4 release or are you guys upping it to a special edition or some kind?

Have they done a 'priority preorder' link/list for previous releases? The email from signing up for that list points out the pre-order will go live at a very specific time for that link. I'm mostly wondering if they have a precedent of missing a specific, stated time from your comment about things going live at inconsistent times.
Not that it was in demand but Semispheres went live like 40 - 50 minutes before they sent out an email confirming it was live.

Ghost Blade HD (eastasiasoft) priority pre-orders are live exactly when they said they'd be, for those interested - Maybe they've learned a bit from previous releases

it will be interesting to see if LRG can beat the play asia version :) I know they said it's gonna be better, but does that mean they are still gonna be charging 29.99 ? I would be really surprised if they can beat the play asia and charge the same price. I think if you are gonna claim to have a better version, you have to do it at the same price point. It not, that's not fair competition. 

So I would guess we will be getting a better version, but your also going to have to pay more for it.... and from what I have seen, their customers doesn't want to pay more, they just want the physical version to begin with. So that's the catch 22.

However, I do feel the competition with Play Asia is great since now LRG seems to want to beat them with a better version. This is great for consumers cause now we are getting a better LRG release, when I'm sure we would have gotten just a regular version to begin with. However we will see if they make a better version, as the consumers expense?

My guess is LRG is gonna try to compromise, and do a normal version to make the base consumer happy and then a special edition so they can claim they have the best version out there, but of course at a price way more then Play Asia. 

it will be interesting to see if LRG can beat the play asia version :) I know they said it's gonna be better, but does that mean they are still gonna be charging 29.99 ? I would be really surprised if they can beat the play asia and charge the same price. I think if you are gonna claim to have a better version, you have to do it at the same price point. It not, that's not fair competition.

So I would guess we will be getting a better version, but your also going to have to pay more for it.... and from what I have seen, their customers doesn't want to pay more, they just want the physical version to begin with. So that's the catch 22.

However, I do feel the competition with Play Asia is great since now LRG seems to want to beat them with a better version. This is great for consumers cause now we are getting a better LRG release, when I'm sure we would have gotten just a regular version to begin with. However we will see if they make a better version, as the consumers expense?

My guess is LRG is gonna try to compromise, and do a normal version to make the base consumer happy and then a special edition so they can claim they have the best version out there, but of course at a price way more then Play Asia.
I don't think Doomstink ever said it was going to be "better". That's a very subjective term, anyway. A few pages back he said they wouldn't put out a version that was "inferior" and just recently said "it won't be worse".

I don't think Doomstink ever said it was going to be "better". That's a very subjective term, anyway. A few pages back he said they wouldn't put out a version that was "inferior" and just recently said "it won't be worse".
Yep, whether it is better or not will be subjective and the cost of the package will come at the expense of the devs, not the consumers. Our overall goal is usually to help devs make as much money as possible from their games but the devs of Ghost Blade bungled that by pursuing a release with two publishers without informing either publisher. I emailed them after the PA announcement with conditions to continue - which included them eating an additional $7+ per unit to cover extras.

Our release will stack up to the PA release in every regard and we'll be matching the $29.99 price.

I'll hold out for lrg and if I miss it there'll prob still be play Asia stock. Did they sell out of any of their games yet?
It's tough to say if there will still be any available by then. Blue Rider lingered around for weeks but Cursed Castilla sold out in less than 24 hours and reappeared on Ebay for 150 a pop. Ghost Blade is still in stock right now, but I honestly don't expect it to last much longer than Castilla.

Yep, whether it is better or not will be subjective and the cost of the package will come at the expense of the devs, not the consumers. Our overall goal is usually to help devs make as much money as possible from their games but the devs of Ghost Blade bungled that by pursuing a release with two publishers without informing either publisher. I emailed them after the PA announcement with conditions to continue - which included them eating an additional $7+ per unit to cover extras.

Our release will stack up to the PA release in every regard and we'll be matching the $29.99 price.
woo hoo that's what your awesome :)

Anyone else not have their Broken Age order not yet show up for the tracking? It's been a week and still nothing- it was shipped via UPS innovations, which I would think would pick up packages quickly.

Kinda worried b/c I had Strafe combined for shipment with this order.:whistle2:/

Are you guys going for the same extras as the PA release or trying to do different stuff? And will the artwork be the same?

They seem to slow ship your orders a lot.

Maybe they just hate you. :D
Slow but once the USPS picks them up, it gets here just fine... I've just never had a package ship via UPS innovations and the tracking isn't clear either, one area says left at UPS Innovation and the other only says shipment information received.

Slow but once the USPS picks them up, it gets here just fine... I've just never had a package ship via UPS innovations and the tracking isn't clear either, one area says left at UPS Innovation and the other only says shipment information received.
Yeah, that's that "hand off" shipping method, so if it shows it was picked up, and if the information was received, that normally means it should be at USPS soon(probably within 24 hrs.). Mine did the same, nothing for days, until the information was received, and then my USPS updates went active, then it showed up within a day.

I still don't understand how this method of shipping actually works, but it's cheaper some how, but the tracking can be ass until it reaches the service who is actually going to deliver it.

Yeah, that's that "hand off" shipping method, so if it shows it was picked up, and if the information was received, that normally means it should be at USPS soon(probably within 24 hrs.). Mine did the same, nothing for days, until the information was received, and then my USPS updates went active, then it showed up within a day.

I still don't understand how this method of shipping actually works, but it's cheaper some how, but the tracking can be ass until it reaches the service who is actually going to deliver it.
No, that's what it shows on UPS' website- one spot says it was left at UPS innovations and another says shipment info received. It's not even on USPS' website.

[attachment=26977:dafuk.PNG]

Mmmmmm, that's a head scratcher to say the least.

Yeah, you might need to ask LRG on that one, but I have a item that is due tomorrow, and it shows the same info for me. It's a package coming from Amazon actually, so if they are to be believed, you may see a scan before LRG get's back to you, but this shipping by whomever, really is hard to follow.

No, that's what it shows on UPS' website- one spot says it was left at UPS innovations and another says shipment info received. It's not even on USPS' website.
dafuk.PNG
Your label was preprinted - we do this to save time during the shipping process. We bulk print labels based on the item combinations being shipped. Combined order labels are all printed together and we have to individually handpack all the contents for each shipment because we have to pull combined orders out of our normal shipping process and manually track and fulfill the two orders as one.

Any news on the Night Trap release? I spoke with a LRG rep at TooManyGames and he couldn't reveal anything other then it'll come out this summer. I've never bought anything from LRG before but I really really want this one! 

Any news on the Night Trap release? I spoke with a LRG rep at TooManyGames and he couldn't reveal anything other then it'll come out this summer. I've never bought anything from LRG before but I really really want this one!
I think they may be waiting to add the Vita version before doing the release info, but that just may be wishful thinking on my part.

bread's done
Back