Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Assuming
Chris aka "chrisz300zx " uses a fake name and return address,
When he mails a package the post office stamps the city where it's mailed from.

Now we know the city he's in, and he's using two addresses to order multiple games.
Then just look up the two address that are in close proximity to one another, reference the
Order history of the address and you got your guy !

Ordered my copies of Bard's Gold and Rive. I decided to go for the Vita copy of Bard's Gold this time. The art style of the game looks like it would be a good fit for my OLED Vita.

Assuming

Now we know the city he's in, and he's using two addresses to order multiple games.
Then just look up the two address that are in close proximity to one another, reference the
Damn you really have a boner for this Chris guy!!

Assuming

Right, because there are only a handful of people ordering LRG games from one of the largest metropolitan areas in the world (i.e. Los Angeles). Look, I think most of us agree this guy is garbage and that scalping these games is awful, but LRG has tried and there is only so much time and effort that something like this justifies. Maybe it's time for you to just give it up.

Maybe it's time for you to just give it up.
I've been looking forward to that, since this "Chris" nonsense started, and sadly each new release, someone feels the urge to post his newest listings(which is free advertisement for him BTW), and then we get the "I know how to catch him" group posting after that.

At this point, it's really entertainment for me, as this guy is making peanuts on each one of these items, and outside of having a few extra over and above what is allowed, what is the issue?

Each game he is offering has been available online for more than awhile each time, so anyone who wanted a copy should have gotten one. It should be obvious to anyone at this point, he is smarter than all those who are involved in catching him, so just admit defeat and move on. LOL

How long did today's games last? I wasn't able to check this AM until 20 minutes after they went live and it looked like all 3 titles were sold out? 

I've been looking forward to that, since this "Chris" nonsense started, and sadly each new release, someone feels the urge to post his newest listings(which is free advertisement for him BTW), and then we get the "I know how to catch him" group posting after that.

At this point, it's really entertainment for me, as this guy is making peanuts on each one of these items, and outside of having a few extra over and above what is allowed, what is the issue?

Each game he is offering has been available online for more than awhile each time, so anyone who wanted a copy should have gotten one. It should be obvious to anyone at this point, he is smarter than all those who are involved in catching him, so just admit defeat and move on. LOL
Who knows the guy's ebay account might even be a stealth one (where they use VBA's and prepaid walmart credit cards to confirm all fake info). I really can't see the profit to be made vs the trouble to hide (a regular 9-5 much easier) when your jumping through all those hoops, but to each their own.

Not even worth worrying about now that LRG demand has fallen and games are available for reasonable times.

People are dumb enough to buy them when LRG still has them up through the weekend, that's their problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
The protective cases we'll have are the hard plastic ones. Haven't broken down the costs yet but adding one will probably only be $0.50. If you're concerned about damage, that'd be the route to go. If you regularly get games shipped in boxes, though, you probably don't need any protection.
Why not buy one of this games and get the address off it and go arrest him! or send a swat team to house at least.

Why not buy one of this games and get the address off it and go arrest him! or send a swat team to house at least.
Given that the games are still in stock as of this moment at LRG and these can't be profitable at all after fees, etc. I'm wondering if he just continues to do it to troll CAG.

These releases are slowly killing me.  I'd include my wallet in that statement, but it already passed away with the Dariusburst release.

Awesome, a physical console version of Jotun was one of the most wanted titles on my list (already got the Indiebox steelbook).  Looking forward to getting it next week!

These releases are slowly killing me. I include my wallet in that statement, but it already passed away with the Dariusburst release.
Yeah it's a little ridiculous... hundreds of dollars a month diverted to a single company that didn't exist when anyone committed to 100% PS4 or Vita physical library from day one.

Anyone else you could plan around it or pick them up whenever but these are buy now for forever hold your peace... it's a bit annoying honestly. Now you've got PA, Signature, Special Reserve, and who knows who else getting in on it... Fortunately those are mostly different regions for region purists.

Just pray Sony shuts the door on Vita cart production before Nintendo allows small runs of Switch games if you are adding Switch... or 3 titles on 1 Friday = 9 games.

In short it's the worst generation to be a collector in terms of budgeting and sanity. I don't recall any prior console generation where so many startups were eager to prey on the collector 100% OCD with such numerous small run physical titles before now.

Of course it happens at the same time other factors come into play:

1) older consoles lasting longer well past scheduled EOL (eg: Vita) = too many consoles in play to collect for simultaneously

2) retail publishers experimenting with how high they can prop up collector edition base MSRP after seeing how much people are willing to pay on douchebay, etc.

Too much this gen.

Except it won't be new. Everyone knows this.
It will likely be open. Obviously inspect the disk before you leave. Still the best deal you're going to find, "new" or used, which is why it's worth mentioning

If you're willing to jump through another hoop or two for plastic wrap, you could also price match

I skipped this rounds batches... I might pick up Jotun. Really just waiting for Wonder Boy and Night Trap... and Salt and Sanctuary. And Cosmic Star Heroine. 

I saw the release list and can't believe there will be 2 scheduled releases during my vacation this year. I'll be somewhat away from the internet and in a time zone where these releases will be tricky at best to get.  I guess I need to get over my LRG OCD quickly in case I miss this one. I'm not offending my friends I only see once every couple of years to go buy limited video games... sigh.

Saving the money would help as well...​

Yeah it's a little ridiculous... hundreds of dollars a month diverted to a single company that didn't exist when anyone committed to 100% PS4 or Vita physical library from day one.

Anyone else you could plan around it or pick them up whenever but these are buy now for forever hold your peace... it's a bit annoying honestly. Now you've got PA, Signature, Special Reserve, and who knows who else getting in on it... Fortunately those are mostly different regions for region purists.

Just pray Sony shuts the door on Vita cart production before Nintendo allows small runs of Switch games if you are adding Switch... or 3 titles on 1 Friday = 9 games.

In short it's the worst generation to be a collector in terms of budgeting and sanity. I don't recall any prior console generation where so many startups were eager to prey on the collector 100% OCD with such numerous small run physical titles before now.

Of course it happens at the same time other factors come into play:

1) older consoles lasting longer well past scheduled EOL (eg: Vita) = too many consoles in play to collect for simultaneously

2) retail publishers experimenting with how high they can prop up collector edition base MSRP after seeing how much people are willing to pay on douchebay, etc.

Too much this gen.
No kidding, I wish Limited Run would at least slow down a bit lol.

No kidding, I wish Limited Run would at least slow down a bit lol.
They've stated that releases will slow down and they'll be more selective in the future. Right now they're clearing out all the contracts they signed back when they were starting up and a bit more 'desperate'. I gave up on PS4 personally but am pushing forward with Vita releases for now, though I just got a Switch so my attention will likely get diverted soon enough.

It's definitely a love-hate lol.

It's not all LRG's fault.  

This crazy video game collector bubble just needs to pop, like yesterday.  There is just way too much shit.

I'm behind on retail releases because I've been focused on these kinds of limited run titles the past month or so, camping SNES classic preorder listings, NIS just put up like 6 more CEs, Square CEs crossing $300, a couple PA releases, its just getting stupid now.  

I was keeping up with buying everything until the previous round of releases.  Had to finally throw in the towel.  It just became too much.  To be honest I'm kind of sad about it. 

It's definitely a love-hate lol.

It's not all LRG's fault.

This crazy video game collector bubble just needs to pop, like yesterday. There is just way too much shit.

I'm behind on retail releases because I've been focused on these kinds of limited run titles the past month or so, camping SNES classic preorder listings, NIS just put up like 6 more CEs, Square CEs crossing $300, a couple PA releases, its just getting stupid now.
Sadly, as the industry has grown, to many choices is a by-product to that. For a lot of these smaller places like NISA, they make their money with these CE sets, so while I completely agree it has gotten way out of hand, it's opening up a door for some, so as long as the business is there, these products will continue to appear and expand.

Hell, just look at the grocery stores for reference. Growing up, there was like one, maybe two of everything. There was one brand of Frosted Flakes, may 1-2 types of mustard's, a handful of types of soups. Now, I can spend 15 minutes trying to decide what Pop-tarts to buy, as they have 100 fuck ing options now. I'm like who's buying all this shit? LOL

While video games haven't gotten that bad(yet), they are well on the path to, no question. I mean just look at LRG and their new trading cards. We went from one specific set of stickers and cards for every release, and now we will have at least two different cards for each release(maybe more). It just becomes to much at a point. And I'm not slamming LRG for this, as it will only help their business, as it will have more users buying at least 2 copies at release, to get both sets of cards, and it will keep interest up on the secondary trading market as well.

I still do like the CE for some of these titles, but I am for sure getting ready to sell off some of my past sets, to make room and funds for some more interesting ones in the future. I will for sure start to be more selective, but I honestly thought the Vita would be done, or close to it at this point, and I was way wrong. So for the bundles I don't really want, I'll get rid of, and just buy the vanilla game with the funds made and pocket the rest.

Schedule for LRG from their Google Calendar.

23 June - Furi / Dariusburst
30 June - Lawbreakers PC CE preorders
7 July - Bard's Gold / Rive
14 July - Jotun
21 July - Neurovoider / DriveDriveDrive
28 July - Plague Road/possibly Oceanhorn
4 August - Lawbreakers PS4

14 July - Jotun
Good God, every week now is a new release. I think I will be tapping out with Lawbreakers :cry:

Good God, every week now is a new release. I think I will be tapping out with Lawbreakers :cry:
I'm lucky I guess, as I'm only riding the Vita train at this point, and thank God most of those are only $25. Otherwise I would have tapped out long ago. I can already see where the PS4 releases are picking up, and the Vita is slowing down(but not fast enough). LOL

You technically don't have to tap out with Lawbreakers, since it's not part of the official LRG collection anymore after all the initial backlash, so it won't ruin your collection if that's what you're going for.

Now, if you just mean there's so many freaking releases up to Lawbreakers, then that's a different story. ;D

Why would you waste money on an online-only game rather than the many other LRG games which have solid single player content? Save your money and put it towards real games that can be played for years.

14 July - Jotun
i wish they combine shipping for all of them. dont wanna pay $5.50 each time. or release all in one day. lol

You again? You already crashed and burned once, looks like you're doing it again.
Letting you know, that i care so little that i don't even read these. whenever i see your name pop up it's an immediate ignore. And all the time you spend typing these little messages are moments of your life that you will never get back, and want you to know that they mean absolutely nothing, and you are no better off for it. i will never acknowledge you existence beyond this post.

Letting you know, that i care so little that i don't even read these. whenever i see your name pop up it's an immediate ignore. And all the time you spend typing these little messages are moments of your life that you will never get back, and want you to know that they mean absolutely nothing, and you are no better off for it. i will never acknowledge you existence beyond this post.
Wow I'm completely crushed. I had hoped to get your attention and have you post more in this thread, but I guess we won't be hearing from you again. What a shame, you had so much to contribute, but now we'll never be enlightened.

We're pretty much heading in to a mega busy three months for PS4 collectors. Just so you guys understand, per our contract once a game is certified by Sony we only have 90 days to release it or we've breached our contract. We had a ton of PS4 games get certified at the exact same time and that has left us needing to release quite a few games in rapid succession.

If you're just buying Vita stuff, you're safe, I think we're only at 2 or 3 a month on those.

With Jotun, we are contractually obligated to release it by itself and the 14th was the only day we had an opening on.

bread's done
Back