Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'd prefer a pre-order system, don't see why ordering to demand wouldn't be feasible. It's what they did for the Skullgirls and Silvercase those went fine.

Playasia also seems to no problem doing physical versions of games and keeping them in stock. I get they're a bigger company but still.
No, the pre-orders didn't go fine. Doomstink has mentioned repeatedly how much of a nightmare Skullgirls in particular has been customer service wise. In fact I believe he said they don't intend on doing anymore of them unless it's an amazing opportunity.

This pre-ordering to meet demand topic has been beaten to death in this thread, go back and read the 190 some pages before this and you will see why it isn't happening.

Yep skullgirls is doing amazing....oh wait.
No, the pre-orders didn't go fine. Doomstink has mentioned repeatedly how much of a nightmare Skullgirls in particular has been customer service wise. In fact I believe he said they don't intend on doing anymore of them unless it's an amazing opportunity.

This pre-ordering to meet demand topic has been beaten to death in this thread, go back and read the 190 some pages before this and you will see why it isn't happening.
Skullgirls' issues have been certification issues with Sony, right? It had nothing to do with it being a preorder. The Silvercase release seems to have went off without a hitch too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skullgirls' issues have been certification issues with Sony, right? It had nothing to do with it being a preorder. The Silvercase release seems to have went off without a hitch too.
Dude, seriously. This topic has been done to death ten times over. Take the time to go back through this thread and every possible angle on it has been explored in full. You'll even get the thoughts of LRG directly from them. We do not need to engage in a derailing discussion yet again.

Damn, set a reminder for Jotun but was in the middle of a call and it was gone very fast! COnsidering the last releases lasted a while I was hoping this one would too, but I guess Jotun is fairly popular

Pretty funny too considering just today they made Jotun free on Steam+ GOG
Always set hard loud reminders like 60 and 30 mins till so you have time to finish/abort whatever you are working on and disappear.

Because people are impatient douches. You should know as a collector when you sign on for stuff like Skullgirls, Summon Night 5, Kickstarters, etc, its a fire and forget sorta thing that could happen months or years later.

I think the loudest most angry and most impatient are the ones who probably jumped the gun and counted thier chickens too soon and listed their's on ebay already. They were probably expecting the stated release date and now are getting bent because they don't have the item to ship and already spent the money and have to refund. Womp womp fucking womp.

Always set hard loud reminders like 60 and 30 mins till so you have time to finish/abort whatever you are working on and disappear.
I work at home for a call center so I have just small opportunities here and there; I should've grabbed it this morning but thought there'd be a larger window in the afternoon

I work at home for a call center so I have just small opportunities here and there; I should've grabbed it this morning but thought there'd be a larger window in the afternoon
Normally that works out OK, but there are a few rare occasions where the afternoon is just as bad(maybe even worse than the am), and this was one of those times, sadly.

I'm a little surprised LRG didn't change the limit to 1 in the afternoon batch considering how fast it sold out in the morning batch. Guess they are more concerned with a quick sellout than with more collectors/fans getting a copy of the game.
We were concerned about the free promotion that launched in the afternoon and thought it would slow sales. We were wrong. Keep in mind most of our last releases that were pressed this high took days to sell out their 6PM batches, even considering somewhat quick morning batches.

Does anyone know if LRG is handling the distribution of the Kickstarter-paid copies of Plague Road? Just wondering if we will also get trading cards with them, or whether they are being done differently since they were prepaid with Kickstarter.
We're doing fulfillment so we'll definitely include a card with the KS game orders.

I'd prefer a pre-order system, don't see why ordering to demand wouldn't be feasible. It's what they did for the Skullgirls and Silvercase those went fine.

Playasia also seems to no problem doing physical versions of games and keeping them in stock. I get they're a bigger company but still.
With PC games we control the entire manufacturing pipeline so delays are entirely our fault when they happen. That isn't the case on PlayStation as so many factors beyond our control can cause delays. Every delay, no matter how insignificant, will cause damage to our reputation. It's all well and good that
you understand this kind of stuff can get delayed but tell that to the thousands who don't whom have been smearing us online saying we ran away with their money.

Bear in mind, we shipped Silver Case three months late and when we announced the second delay we were burned at the stake on a few communities. Skullgirls has been the most soul-crushing experience we've had as a company. It has not made any case for us to offer PlayStation preorders ever again in the future.

Play-Asia isn't doing anything differently than us that makes their games last longer. Less people want them, it's that simple. If more people wanted them, they'd sell out just as fast. It's only a matter of time before they have a super fast sell out and you'll be just as frustrated with them as you are with us.

We're doing fulfillment so we'll definitely include a card with the KS game orders.
WOW, that's very cool. Will there be a specific TC for the KS game Vs. the specific LRG release? Or will it just be two different ones, and a random selection when shipped with orders? Also will the rewards tickets be included with both versions as well?

WOW, that's very cool. Will there be a specific TC for the KS game Vs. the specific LRG release? Or will it just be two different ones, and a random selection when shipped with orders? Also will the rewards tickets be included with both versions as well?
No KS exclusive card - it'll just be a random pick between the two available cards. Reward tickets will be included.

No KS exclusive card - it'll just be a random pick between the two available cards. Reward tickets will be included.
Awesome, I had no clue we would see any LRG items with this release. Actually, I think I have 2 copies coming from KS, and then I plan to buy LRG version as well, so I guess I can look forward to some extra bonus items for once.

We were concerned about the free promotion that launched in the afternoon and thought it would slow sales. We were wrong. Keep in mind most of our last releases that were pressed this high took days to sell out their 6PM batches, even considering somewhat quick morning batches.
Yeah, 4mins during the 2nd batch with a print run of 4500 is insane. I was seriously telling everyone that it would definitely be around all weekend... Eating my words on that!

Agreed, that is awesome...thank you!

With these trading cards, how exactly will someone be able to complete a set other than buying 2 copies of each game which I'm sure many of us don't do, such as myself. It was mentioned that they were for trading but how can someone complete a set if they trade one of the cards they get? For example, if I had bought 2 copies of Dariusburst for the Vita, I would have received cards #1 and #2 and 2 copies of Furi would have given me cards #3 and #4. Now, I would have the first 4 cards of the set but if I trade one, now I'm back to having a incomplete set. Just doesn't make sense to me. Sorry if I'm not understanding the concept of the way this works.

With these trading cards, how exactly will someone be able to complete a set other than buying 2 copies of each game which I'm sure many of us don't do, such as myself. It was mentioned that they were for trading but how can someone complete a set if they trade one of the cards they get? For example, if I had bought 2 copies of Dariusburst for the Vita, I would have received cards #1 and #2 and 2 copies of Furi would have given me cards #3 and #4. Now, I would have the first 4 cards of the set but if I trade one, now I'm back to having a incomplete set. Just doesn't make sense to me. Sorry if I'm not understanding the concept of the way this works.
Collect the ones you want, trade what you don't want. If you want the whole set guaranteed, buy 2 copies of the game(if allowed). LRG also said they would be selling packs of cards at the end of the year as well. Maybe it's not the perfect system, but I don't think they created this so everyone would want a complete set. People will be selling/trading them away. I personally really don't care for them except for maybe certain games I really love

We're going to sell off extra cards later in the year. We're also going to ocassionally give people doubles. It should be feasible to assemble a full set without buying every game or multiples of every game. In some cases, getting both cards just means buying the Vita and PS4 version (which many do for multiplatform games).

I thought trading cards were infinitely more compelling than postcards/stickers and I guess the multitude of posts about them confirms that!

Just finding this out, Dariusburst Vita is only patched to 1.11.  Apparently the DLC still works, but I assumed this cart would have the latest patch and DLC on it.

Just finding this out, Dariusburst Vita is only patched to 1.11. Apparently the DLC still works, but I assumed this cart would have the latest patch and DLC on it.
The DLC is all licensed from various big game companies like SEGA and Capcom. It wasn't possible to license the DLC for inclusion on the cartridge. With the patch, there is no easy route to include a patch on a Vita cart. The devs would have had to request a new product code from Sony and rebuild the game from source to that new code. This would have made the DLC completely incompatible - digital saves too. Most of our games have to go the new product code route because the existing digital versions were not formatted correctly - DARIUSBURST was.

The DLC is all licensed from various big game companies like SEGA and Capcom. It wasn't possible to license the DLC for inclusion on the cartridge. With the patch, there is no easy route to include a patch on a Vita cart. The devs would have had to request a new product code from Sony and rebuild the game from source to that new code. This would have made the DLC completely incompatible - digital saves too. Most of our games have to go the new product code route because the existing digital versions were not formatted correctly - DARIUSBURST was.
This should've been announced before you sold the game. If it was, disregard, but I didn't see it anywhere.

With how many times you and Doug have mentioned in interviews and posts about selling complete versions of games that don't need to rely on servers 20 years from now, all your customers assume that's what they're getting. If you sell something that isn't fully updated or is online only, it should be very clear on the product page.

I bought the PS4 Dariusburst LE, but I'd be very unhappy if I just paid $55 for the Vita version.

This should've been announced before you sold the game. If it was, disregard, but I didn't see it anywhere.

With how many times you and Doug have mentioned in interviews and posts about selling complete versions of games that don't need to rely on servers 20 years from now, all your customers assume that's what they're getting. If you sell something that isn't fully updated or is online only, it should be very clear on the product page.

I bought the PS4 Dariusburst LE, but I'd be very unhappy if I just paid $55 for the Vita version.
The patch that isn't on the cart only exists to make the DLC functional. Lacking the patch doesn't affect the core game in any regard, so 20 years on, the game will very much be fully playable.

When asked, we were always very clear that DLC was not included due to licensing hurdles. We'll make sure to be crystal clear in the future when games are manufactured using the original digital product code versus a new one. Those are the cases where patches could end up being a thing. As far as I remember, Fallen Legion and Ys are both going to be like this - our other slated Vita releases are fresh builds with patches rolled in (and DLC where possible).

Got my Furi and DBCS Vita today safe and sound, and I gotta say, the cards are definitely a nicer pack in than the post card/sticker. 

I agree with this. Was a kick in the nuts to read that.

When asked... lol. That's fucking sketch.

I agree with this. Was a kick in the nuts to read that.

When asked... lol. That's fucking sketch.
It was mentioned in this very thread, several times, that DLC was not included. Any time our releases have included DLC (for example, New 'n Tasty and Furi) we've mentioned the inclusion explicitly. It's not always possible to include DLC, as much as we may want to.

I guess I should have read the whole thread before patronizing your company. My fault.

I guess I should have read the whole thread before patronizing your company. My fault.
LRG has probably the most customer interaction of any company I can think of. Doomstink posts here pretty much daily, answering questions and dealing with shipping issues, etc. They go way over what is required for any company to do. If you are wondering why more companies don't do these same things it's customer interactions like this. You will never make some people happy no matter what transparency you offer.

With all due respect, you're here often enough to pick up on complaints (IIRC, you once equated loose discs to people dying) so I don't think it's a stretch to assume you stay up to date with this thread. The DLC in DBCS was discussed at length at one point.

Including that DLC would have required forging licensing deals with several major Japanese publishers, two of which are Capcom and SEGA. It wouldn't have been feasible. Not only that but integrating the DLC and associated patch into the base application would have required weeks or months of work from Pyramid. The associated costs between that and the licenses would have outweighed the benefits and made this unfeasible.

What's clear here is that we need to explicitly mention the exclusion of DLC in the future. In any past interviews, we've always said we'd strive for complete, definitive, releases; however, we've always maintained that that would come down to each individual developer. As with every other video game release in the world - when our releases include DLC, we market that heavily as we did with New n Tasty and Furi. What I'm getting at is that it's weird to be in a spot where we have to advertise what something *doesn't* come with as if we'd be participating in false advertising by not.

With all due respect, you're here often enough to pick up on complaints (IIRC, you once equated loose discs to people dying) so I don't think it's a stretch to assume you stay up to date with this thread. The DLC in DBCS was discussed at length at one point.

Including that DLC would have required forging licensing deals with several major Japanese publishers, two of which are Capcom and SEGA. It wouldn't have been feasible. Not only that but integrating the DLC and associated patch into the base application would have required weeks or months of work from Pyramid. The associated costs between that and the licenses would have outweighed the benefits and made this unfeasible.

What's clear here is that we need to explicitly mention the exclusion of DLC in the future. In any past interviews, we've always said we'd strive for complete, definitive, releases; however, we've always maintained that that would come down to each individual developer. As with every other video game release in the world - when our releases include DLC, we market that heavily as we did with New n Tasty and Furi. What I'm getting at is that it's weird to be in a spot where we have to advertise what something *doesn't* come with as if we'd be participating in false advertising by not.
It's only a few people complaining, the majority of your customers (including myself) have been very happy with your products. I'm sure you realize there are some difficult collectors who will never be satisfied, no matter what you do. Better to not let them muddy the waters.

LRG does an awesome job with their products, I've only missed out on a few games like DBCS LE for PS4 and the first Breach & Clear. Although the number of releases this year is killing my wallet.

LRG does an awesome job with their products, I've only missed out on a few games like DBCS LE for PS4 and the first Breach & Clear. Although the number of releases this year is killing my wallet.
Yeah, I know what you mean. If I was collecting PS4 as well, I would have to find another source of income, or file bankruptcy. LOL

i know i will be breaking my streak this year.
Since the Vita side of things appears to be slowing down somewhat, and since any NS games won't be happening anytime soon, I should be good to go for the duration.

But if I collected both PS4/Vita, or just the PS4 side, I would probably have to throw in the towel, as it's been getting crazy.

Since the Vita side of things appears to be slowing down somewhat, and since any NS games isn't happening anytime soon, I should be good to go for the duration.

But if I collected both PS4/Vita, or just the PS4 side, I would probably have to throw in the towel, as it's been getting crazy.
I personally don't mind the ps4 amounts it's just the constant $5.50 shipping that is killing everything for me.

I've been grabbing the ones I've missed from ebay with coupons. I've been buying the few I needed for less than they cost new+shipping direct from LRG.

I've been completely happy with LRG.  The "fan" groups on Facebook though are generally nothing more than scalpers bitching to each other and showing how they bitched to LRG, pretty sad.  It's pretty simple, if you are truly dissatisfied with how they do things, don't patronize them... That won't happen though because GOTTA MAKE DAT MONEY!

Call me crazy but I don't think I'll be breaking my ps4/vita streak anytime soon, especially considering the busy schedule for this month.

Someone already asked me if I'm using an infinite cash cheat code.

Call me crazy but I don't think I'll be breaking my ps4/vita streak anytime soon, especially considering the busy schedule for this month.

Someone already asked me if I'm using an infinite cash cheat code.
I've began selling my doubles to do it...

I'd say it's absolutely rational for a consumer to expect a product they purchase to be "current" or complete. It also makes sense being that our goal is to create physical copies of digital titles to stand the test of time etc that they'd be representative of the total work.

I'm not mad at all as I may never actually open my games to play them but I see principle where it is- ad hominems aside. Glad to see that you are trying hard to be as transparent as reasonably possible in the future.

I've been completely happy with LRG. The "fan" groups on Facebook though are generally nothing more than scalpers bitching to each other and showing how they bitched to LRG, pretty sad. It's pretty simple, if you are truly dissatisfied with how they do things, don't patronize them... That won't happen though because GOTTA MAKE DAT MONEY!
Yeah, a few weeks ago when Darius for the Vita was about to be released, someone posted it on Gamefaqs as a heads up to buyers, and it was one of the fastest moving threads I've seen in the Vita area for a very long time. Guys where up in arms in regards to the price being $50, as that was $10 over the digital, but the PS4 version was the same as the digital.

Many of us in the know tried to explain how they didn't want to go higher for the PS4, as that would have been pushing things, but the Vita was pretty much what the business model has always been, with being $10 over the digital.

So the mindset was, the PS4 should have been $10 higher, or the Vita should have been the same as the digital like the PS4 version was. I heard so many remarks about how LRG was just looking to rip people off, to not following their own rules, etc. I left pretty early on, with the exact same opinion, if you don't like it, don't buy it. No one is holding a gun to anyone. But that just seemed to upset the crowd even more.

I've seen some dead end discussions around here from time to time, but my God, the level there was beyond reason. I'm all about physical, and the fact that these games are $25 in most cases is beyond awesome. As I know in time, physical will be even more rare, so to support these types of efforts now, to hopefully have just a small % of physical games going forward, is all it's about to me. Everything else that seems to be issues to many, is just "noise".

I honestly agree with most everything you guys say in here- it's just when a customer with a valid question or complaint gets "thrown to the mob" on an internet message board- that feels shitty. Trying to make someone look stupid or "not in the know" who has bought a product you support is not very productive.

I still buy most of the games I want from LRG but the attitude of take it or leave bordering elitist crap has definitely caused me to stop setting my alarm. If it's meant to be a circle jerk of snobby collectors then so be it.

I honestly agree with most everything you guys say in here- it's just when a customer with a valid question or complaint gets "thrown to the mob" on an internet message board- that feels shitty. Trying to make someone look stupid or "not in the know" who has bought a product you support is not very productive.

I still buy most of the games I want from LRG but the attitude of take it or leave bordering elitist crap has definitely caused me to stop setting my alarm. If it's meant to be a circle jerk of snobby collectors then so be it.
I can't speak to everyone, but I've personally backed many customer problems and issues here, especially when what you describe has happened, as many have had very valid issues. And the bullying mentality is a different matter entirely. But when it comes to many of the same old topics, "Chris", loose disc, preorders, etc., there is no shortage of those topics at ad nauseam all around the web. That's my 2 cents anyway.

No one has thrown you to the mob so quit with the theatrics. There was once a valid question somewhere in there but when you got answers you responded obnoxiously and over the top and when that didn't go well now you're playing the victim.

No one has thrown you to the mob so quit with the theatrics. There was once a valid question somewhere in there but when you got answers you responded obnoxiously and over the top and when that didn't go well now you're playing the victim.
Lol. I wasn't talking about myself. Thanks for chiming in with that right on time perfect example of what is being discussed.

I can't speak to everyone, but I've personally backed many customer problems and issues here, especially when what you describe has happened, as many have had very valid issues. And the bullying mentality is a different matter entirely. But when it comes to many of the same old topics, "Chris", loose disc, preorders, etc., there is no shortage of those topics at ad nauseam all around the web. That's my 2 cents anyway.
Yes sir. You clearly have insight from both points of view as some of us do. Your open-minded courteous replies are always welcome.

Some of these guys are probably having an issue and googling then ending up on a board. The proper response when somehow calls with a complaint is not "don't you watch the news."

May all your discs be snug.

I'm really excited for Oceanhorn, but the 3,000 copy print for PS4 and Vita with a 2 copy limit definitely scares me a bit. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for it and will be ready come the 28th.

bread's done
Back