Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Purchased the Neurovoider soundtrack bundle this morning. My first soundtrack bundle purchase.

Then Oceanhorn next week. Exciting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to get excited for the games today when Undertale and Axiom Verge pre-orders both went up this week.  I'm in for Oceanhorn though.

i ended up preordering both undertale and axiom verge.  I skipped the Ce of undertale... the pendant wasnt a big deal to me.  

Oceanhorn for sure next week, as i already have plague road coming from KS backing.

I am a bit nervous for the next couple months as I am a vita only buyer, and theres a bunch of games i know are coming.

well I guess this takes some of the wind of out of the LRG release coming up.  annoying.

https://twitter.com/HeavyArm_Store/status/888339587554095104/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.cheapassgamer.com%2Ftopic%2F363672-official-collectors-edition-compilation-viii-2017-2018%2Fpage-8

well I guess this takes some of the wind of out of the LRG release coming up. annoying.
Maybe some of the international sales, but the majority of collector's are still going to prefer the NA release, even for most internationally just for the sake of completing LRG set, but this one has the added bonus of being a game people actually want, so shouldn't be too big of a difference. Might take a bit longer to sell out though. XD

it's funny how this happens though.  it has happened a couple times before.  developer decides to go with LRG and then they find other partners at the same time to publish physical versions of their game. 

Maybe some of the international sales, but the majority of collector's are still going to prefer the NA release, even for most internationally just for the sake of completing LRG set, but this one has the added bonus of being a game people actually want, so shouldn't be too big of a difference. Might take a bit longer to sell out though. XD
I wonder if the LRG CE will have the same extras?:whistle2:k $70 (I think they charge $10 shipping?) isn't bad for that artbook assuming "full sized" means like a retail artbook size.

it's funny how this happens though. it has happened a couple times before. developer decides to go with LRG and then they find other partners at the same time to publish physical versions of their game.
Maybe devs want different publishers for different markets? LRG in NA, whoever else for Asia... etc. I mean, I get importing isn't as big a deal these days but there are still plenty of people who don't import games.

Another one of those times where I snoozed my "purchase alarm" and went back to work only to remember why I had an alarm set at 10:03. Luckily they were still at 20% at that point. :)

It's a complete pass for me this week.  Drive drive drive isn't my type of game and as much as Neurovoider looks interesting to me, there's games I know I want more coming up and not enough funds for them all.

It's a complete pass for me this week. Drive drive drive isn't my type of game and as much as Neurovoider looks interesting to me, there's games I know I want more coming up and not enough funds for them all.
Same here. I was going to pass last week, but bit on Jotun in the PM batch.

Now, next week I'm going to be spending a lot.

NeuroVoider was supposed to be here on time, we found out at the last minute it wasn't going to be here on time. =/
Honestly people should just be patient, these games will come out eventually and we all appreciate the effort that goes into producing the limited releases. I never complained about Skullgirls (ordered both platforms) and I'm not complaining about Shadow Warrior 2, which is taking quite some time. I'm just happy that these games are getting physical releases. I did order NeuroVoider because I really like twin stick shooters and arcade style games.

It's a complete pass for me this week. Drive drive drive isn't my type of game and as much as Neurovoider looks interesting to me, there's games I know I want more coming up and not enough funds for them all.
My exact situation. They sold better than I thought they would. Good going lrg!

I've bought every PS4 release since Oddworld New n Tasty. This week decided not to buy. Took a little strength to just say no haha. It's not a money issue as I've spent over $2200 somehow. Just literally calculated it all. It's just pointless to have all these sealed games. I have most through Flash Sales or PS+ so no reason to open. If they ever get delisted I'm sure most will be on GOG for super cheap anyway. Plus you gotta look at the quality of the games you're buying and the relation to other games at the same prices. Just bought Rise of the Tomb Raider for $24 and Hitman Season One Steelbook for $20.

So yeah stopped my PS4 streak. Selling all my Vita LRG(except exclusives) and probably gonna sell about half of my PS4 LRG games. Only buy the good stuff from here on out. Definitely look forward to Wonder Boy collector's edition. Y's and some others. Night Trap is a crap game but will still get it.

Any of the LRG staffers here know who has the rights to all those Digital Pictures Sega CD games??? Does this new Night Trap dev have it?

I don't get why people buy and don't play the games. Every game I've bought from LRG is opened and played.

I just feel it's a waste looking at em.

I don't get why people buy and don't play the games. Every game I've bought from LRG is opened and played.

Well people already played them before digitally and just want physical copies for their collection. You don't need to open them when you played it years before.

Well people already played them before digitally and just want physical copies for their collection. You don't need to open them when you played it years before.
Yeah, I can personally fall in to either category, but there is a third that fits as well. I often buy games to eventually play, and maybe over months, years, or decades(yeah my backlog is that HUGE), but by the time I get to a specific title, it may be worth 5x what I paid, or more. So then I may not want to open and play the game, as now it's loosing value.

Then after that bunch of games sits for awhile, with me not wanting to open them, eventually I'll just end up selling them to the highest bidder, as they are to expensive for me to open at that point. I've had that happen more than I care to count over the years, and I could just say **** it, and play the game anyways, but then I'll be upset the game lost some of it's value.

I'm lucky, as I opened B&C shortly after I received it, and that happened when the game was rather cheap, so once the value went up to insane levels, I was rather happy, because now I can play the game whenever I want, as there is no "value" to be lost, where if it was still sealed, I would probably never touch it. LOL

In case people haven't noticed, opened LRG copies don't sell for significantly less than sealed ones. This is because there are so many sealed copies on the market they're not special in any sort of way and not worth paying a premium for.

In case people haven't noticed, opened LRG copies don't sell for significantly less than sealed ones. This is because there are so many sealed copies on the market they're not special in any sort of way and not worth paying a premium for.
So what you're saying is that we all need to immediately open all our copies of LRG games, then your own sealed ones will be worth a lot more? Makes sense. ;-)

So what you're saying is that we all need to immediately open all our copies of LRG games, then your own sealed ones will be worth a lot more? Makes sense. ;-)
Honestly, I've opened about 50% of mine and the others I don't have any intention of playing in the near future.

My advice would indeed be to open em on up if you want to play them instead of speculating on video games.

Only if it's a VR exclusive.
tumblr_n28ws0Pi8u1shmkc9o1_500.gif

This is a good plan. Everyone go ahead and open all of your LRG games. I'm opening mine right now :)

Wow I didn't realize how expensive the Shantae PS4 games had become. I think those are the only two I haven't opened from LRG amusingly enough.

I personally feel that the "whirrr" of the disc drive is totally worth sticking that disc in. Why play the installed versions on my HDD? Weak sauce!!!!!

Hard drive? People still use that 1960s spinning rust nonsense?
I'm convinced this guy is literally a bot. He has posted this same stupid comment and a handful of others multiple, multiple times in various threads. Yes, people still use 1960s technology because it works extremely well and it's cheap as dirt. Most of us also drive these devices known as cars that have internal combustion engine technology that goes back 100+ years. Similarly, our smartphones are based around mobile technologies created in the early 70s. Not only is this bot spewing stupid comments that are neither clever or funny, but it's too dumb to realize that nobody cares.

Seriously - agreed. Why buy games you have no intention of playing? Even as a collector, that makes no sense. I always buy games I want to play, and I open them. No hesitation on that front whatsoever. I will sometimes keep a game sealed until I get around to playing it, but it will be opened. None of this shit is coming with me into the afterlife so fuck it, I'm playing.

There are advantages to keeping games sealed. I am in the process of selling some of my older retro games, and I have many games from the NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, and Dreamcast era still sealed. One of those is Wild Guns, it may fetch up to $2500 (mint sealed). I realize that current generation games may never hit that level, but over time prices can increase quite a bit. I'm also selling my Neo Geo collection and many of those games are going for insane amounts of money.

There are advantages to keeping games sealed. I am in the process of selling some of my older retro games, and I have many games from the NES, SNES, N64, Saturn, and Dreamcast era still sealed. One of those is Wild Guns, it may fetch up to $2500 (mint sealed). I realize that current generation games may never hit that level, but over time prices can increase quite a bit. I'm also selling my Neo Geo collection and many of those games are going for insane amounts of money.
Yeah, I've had quite a few several thousand dollar games over the years, and I will keep those sealed, unless I bought them opened, and in which case I will play them.

For the older games like you describe, I can play them through other means, so I agree, not all games need to be opened, to be enjoyed.

Wild Guns MSRP was $49.95 when it came out in 1994. Adjusting for inflation that's about $85. $2,500 minus $85 divided by 23 years means you made a WHOPPING $105 a year (roughly the amount one of my passive investments makes in 8 hours). Speculating on games is a joke and wont fund your retirement unless you have millions of games or live to be millions of years old...

Wild Guns MSRP was $49.95 when it came out in 1994. Adjusting for inflation that's about $85. $2,500 minus $85 divided by 23 years means you made a WHOPPING $105 a year (roughly the amount one of my passive investments makes in 8 hours). Speculating on games is a joke and wont fund your retirement unless you have millions of games or live to be millions of years old...
Where did he ever say it was a retirement vehicle? Some people just like collecting things, no need to be a dick.

Should we all bow down to the Great Master Investment Genius? Give us wisdom oh Great Master.

Or better yet, just gtfo. We're talking about video games, not your great portfolio.

I'm convinced this guy is literally a bot. He has posted this same stupid comment and a handful of others multiple, multiple times in various threads. Yes, people still use 1960s technology because it works extremely well and it's cheap as dirt. Most of us also drive these devices known as cars that have internal combustion engine technology that goes back 100+ years. Similarly, our smartphones are based around mobile technologies created in the early 70s. Not only is this bot spewing stupid comments that are neither clever or funny, but it's too dumb to realize that nobody cares.
That tirade may have been necessary, or you may be terrible at sensing sarcasm.

bread's done
Back