Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I thought I heard them say they were doing away with both postcards and stickers (being replaced by the cards) but it looks like only the stickers are being replaced by the cards?  If so then that is cool since the postcards are nice and the cards are ten times better than the stickers.

I thought I heard them say they were doing away with both postcards and stickers (being replaced by the cards) but it looks like only the stickers are being replaced by the cards? If so then that is cool since the postcards are nice and the cards are ten times better than the stickers.
We already had postcards for a few games so we figured we'd send them out. I think The Bunker and Drive Drive Drive are the only two left with postcards made.

Skullgirls has a sticker that will go out with it (and trading cards), so stickers aren't totally dead.

LRG are cheapos! I got a brown box vs a blue one labeled limited edition, I collect these mailing boxes too! I don't even open the order I put the mailer on my shelf!

Screw LRG!! :)

Those amount of copies are extremely limited. Not anyone can just have a copy when the intention is not to. LRG stands for limited run games. It's not to by supply a physical option as everyone says.

They are worse then Nintendo when manlupilating the stock.

If you want to make it for people to have a physical option don't make 3,000 copies that then get scalped on ebay for $200. Mass print the games if you want people to have physical copies.

That is not their intention to provide you with a option to physical.

It's called limited run games, they sell scarcity that collectors play a game of hot potato with intrinsic value.

If they wanted you to have physical copies they'd keep reprinting at the loss of their collecter fanbase.
You do understand they have created a niche market? What's your biggest gripe? Is working at your local wally world making you so sour? You think doomstink really cares as long as his shit sells, the business sort of depends on it and not having stagnant stock to keep it going. You don't have to like what he's created but you can at least respect it.

The perceived value that others create are what keeps the momentum going, you could only blame the people that keep buying the games.

https://twitter.com/MyLifeInGaming/status/890560748719665152

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/890570062180077569

I'm 99% sure this is related to Night Trap.

Since we're doing trading cards now:

For VA-11 HALL-A's eventual release can you just make every single trading card Stella so I'm sure to get one? Much appreciated.

I know but it didn't get a Vita release anywhere. I also would rather have the LRG release over the European one for PS4. It's just my personal preference.

I know but it didn't get a Vita release anywhere. I also would rather have the LRG release over the European one for PS4. It's just my personal preference.
I remember it being mentioned in the past, but I can't recall what LRG had to say about it. So it still may be possible, maybe Josh or Doug can chime in?

Just got my Bard's Gold and Rive shipment.  With it my first round of the new brown/green boxes, which ended up being my first one to showed up absolutely beat up.  The contents inside were fine and pristine but the box itself was just mangled.  How am I suppose to flip these cardboard chunks of gold for mad money now?!  These are collectibles for pete's sake!  LGR should put their boxes in bigger sturdier boxes to protect them during shipment so this kind of stuff doesn't happen.... :lol: :dunce:

Just got my Bard's Gold and Rive shipment. With it my first round of the new brown/green boxes, which ended up being my first one to showed up absolutely beat up. The contents inside were fine and pristine but the box itself was just mangled. How am I suppose to flip these cardboard chunks of gold for mad money now?! These are collectibles for pete's sake! LGR should put their boxes in bigger sturdier boxes to protect them during shipment so this kind of stuff doesn't happen.... [emoji38] :dunce:
Mine was beat up too, but the games inside were fine (both versions of Bard's Gold). I'm a little disappointed in the cover artwork for Bard's Gold, the game logo is fine but there is almost no detail around it. It seems like some of these developers could put a little more effort into the design of the cover, it feels like they don't create proof copies to evaluate how good the final product will look. Also two of the three screenshots on the back cover are too dark to distinguish much detail, the bottom one looks great. Couldn't they have chosen better screenshots than the two dark ones?

Same thing happened for Risk of Rain and some others. I understand that LRG doesn't design the covers, but maybe they could offer some guidance to the developers?

If it is for Night Trap, I hope a Vita version is announced with it as well. As I would love to have a version of this in my collection.
I hope there is a NES, SNES, Genesis, N64, GameCube, Turbo Duo, 3DO, Jaguar, PS1, PS2, PS3, Gameboy, Wii, Wii U, PSP, Game Gear, and Virtual Boy version too. With no less than 5 cover variants all live at the same time.

Because why the hell not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting first world problem.  Normally when there are insert variants Sony makes them 50/50 which one is facing out?  It's limit two and someone buys two they get one of each normally.

How will that be handled with these CEs?  Eg. Night Trap and Ys.

CE will count as one of the two copies, how does that get reconciled with making sure there is one of each default insert orientation?

I believe these are the first games to encounter this "dilemma".

Because at one point in my adolescent life, I was in love with Dana Plato. Even a pixelated Dana Plato on a tiny Sega CD screen looked better than the girls in school.
For me, I'm just a HUGE fan of the genre, so I'm always interested in seeing these past FMV games get the treatment they deserved. I understand why so many of these games where released on the Sega CD, as it was the first cheap commercially produced system that made these games possible, but the quality was so damn poor, most of the titles are almost unplayable.

So seeing this much closer to the original ideals, is very cool indeed. There are many more past FMV titles that could use an updated offering, but sadly, many are in licensing limbo, while others probably wouldn't be worth the time. It sucks that they lost or misplaced the master tapes for NT, but I guess the video tape line issues, just makes it more "camp" than it already is. LOL

I think I'll grab the PS4 LE for now, as there has been no more mention of a Vita port, but I'll for sure be happy to own NT as it should have been, and getting the LE is just a bonus.

Can't understand why people would care about ugly FMV games from the 90s.
Night Trap is a part of gaming history, and one that most people never got to experience during its original release. A high quality release is something that a lot collectors would be very interested in, myself included. In my opinion, this is the type of game that deserves to be preserved.

I had the game as a kid but never finished it, mainly because it scared the crap out of me. I am very excited to finally play it from start to finish. Now please give us Ground Zero Texas and Double Switch re-releases!

Bard's Gold/RIVE just arrived...shipping box severely crushed (thanks USPS), but the goods are fine.

So-o-o-o...
about those trading cards...

So far, they are...neat. I like them more than the sticker/postcards for sure.
Don't know if I'm 'gonna catch'em all'.

I do have a question: Are the silver and gold versions printed in equal amounts?

I've seen folks say there is a 10% chance of getting a gold foil card. (I've received 2 out of 8 cards so far).

But the only 10% reference I've seen regarding the trading cards is to how many in total are produced. (~10% more than the number of copies produced for that title).

I'm hoping that "each card will have a silver and gold parallel." means a 1:1 printing.

Did I miss a more detailed announcement of the trading cards outside of CAG?

So I got my copy of Rive and I like the new trading cards.
The sent me two copies of card 011. Anyone want to trade if they got an extra 012?

Send me a PM.

Also, Night Trap has a notrious history. Thanks to that, it's fairly well-known, despite the lack of critical praise. So you can expect its LRG release to go VERY quickly. It will sell out in seconds, both in the morning and the evening. And you can expect the second-hand price to be as high, if not higher, than you normally see. The demand for this one is going to be big. If you're interested in acquiring a copy, don't wait.

Also, Night Trap has a notrious history. Thanks to that, it's fairly well-known, despite the lack of critical praise. So you can expect its LRG release to go VERY quickly. It will sell out in seconds, both in the morning and the evening. And you can expect the second-hand price to be as high, if not higher, than you normally see. The demand for this one is going to be big. If you're interested in acquiring a copy, don't wait.
Yeah, this is going to be my first official PS4 game for me to actually keep. I'm really hoping for a Vita release down the road, as I would prefer to play it there, but the LE is to cool to pass up.

I doubt the Vita would see a CE if and when they may port the game, so this seems a solid buy. NT is a classic for sure, love it or hate it, it's more than earned it's place in the gaming history books.

To each to his own. I just have zero interest in buying games for the collector value alone. It's gotta be something I want to play, and night trap just fails on practically every level as a game. It's unplayable and just flat frustrating otherwise. Even as novelty, I can think of better things to get.

Funnily or ironically enough, here's LRG publishing easily it's worst received game and yet it's getting the most publicity.

In some ways, that's unfortunate. I do hope that this helps bring more customers to LRG so it can continue to bring good and much better games to us... Cough, Child of light, cough, Full Throttle.

So is one or two new games every week going to be the new norm? I kind of enjoyed having off weeks, sometimes an off month. Having anxiety every Friday is no fun. Seriously considering tapping out and just getting the heavy hitter titles from now on.

So is one or two new games every week going to be the new norm? I kind of enjoyed having off weeks, sometimes an off month. Having anxiety every Friday is no fun. Seriously considering tapping out and just getting the heavy hitter titles from now on.
It's not supposed to be like this for that long, apparently it's a contractual backlog they have to get through.

I highly recommend just buying what you want, the collecting shit isn't healthy when you don't enjoy it.

Lol I enjoy getting the games, I just dont enjoy the three minute window I have to actually purchase them. Especially when I work every Friday morning and don't get a second chance at night.

Been keeping an eye on that LRG beef with Heavy Arms regarding YS Origin Limited Edition.

I gotta say, twitter is just the wrong place to air out grievances. It's weird to see a company however small they may be, 

to attack another over twitter. 

Been keeping an eye on that LRG beef with Heavy Arms regarding YS Origin Limited Edition.

I gotta say, twitter is just the wrong place to air out grievances. It's weird to see a company however small they may be,

to attack another over twitter.
What's this now?

Hey all I have a logistical question. I want one of everything offered tomorrow. What's the fastest means of checking out? Thru PayPal? I just don't wanna have to pay for shipping multiple times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's this now?
I was on NeoGaf earlier, and there was opinions there that LRG was being unkind to Heavy Arm, and that doesn't appear to be the case.

Apparently, Heavy Arm was promoting the Asian Y's release as being in English, and LRG having some inside info, knew that wasn't the case, and stepped in to make sure what was going on, and that no one bought a game they thought was in English, when it wasn't.

Now that was as far as I got, as the explanation seemed good to me, and I had better shit to do, than stir a pot of nonsense. But that seems to be the gist, anything else in regards to it, I don't know about, but I'm sure anyone can look up the tweets and form their own opinions.

EDIT: Also, some people thought LRG wasn't happy that Heavy Arm was selling a game that they where, but they just seemed to genuinely want to inform people that the games was not in English, and that's all there was to the situation.

What's this now?
Well it seems like LRG has an issue with Heavy Arms promotion of YS Origin LE which you can see here.

Heavy Arms claims that the LE will include an artbook which has english text. (The game is in english too)

LRG responded saying that the book is actually in Korean and Heavy Arms is in the wrong for claiming it is English.

Then they got into a "well my distributor said it's english so it is." it seems like that was the end of it.

Then I think it was yesterday or today, LRG started it up again saying they spoke to someone and said there is no english

artbook so Heavy Arms had to resource to their distributors again to confirm.

This whole thing seems silly to me as if LRG is worried of losing sales to someone else selling a more appealing package or maybe they are convinced there's no such english book... Again either way just odd & I don't think twitter is the place to handle it as it makes both sides look bad depending on your perspective.

We explained this clearly and thoroughly on NeoGAF - we *have* to know if there is a competing English Collector's Edition because that would affect the run size we're able to do without being at risk of overprinting.

In order to determine if an Asian English CE existed we first asked DotEmu who had no idea what we were talking about. They then asked Arc System Works, who also said it didn't exist. Finally, when HeavyArm posted that H2 Interactive was marked as the manufacturer of the CE, we reached out to them. As with the other two, they confirmed that no such CE exists. They even said that the distributor dealing with HeavyArm may have outdated information.

If HeavyArm's distributor insists it is real, it's possible someone in the chain is lying to me - that is a major issue that I *need* to know about because we don't want to work with partners who put us in this position. People are making a mountain out of a molehill here. It'd be different if we slammed HeavyArm in any capacity, but we didn't. We informed them that according to three of the three companies allegedly making the thing, it doesn't exist. It's legitimate info they need to know to avoid mass refunds in the future.

bread's done
Back