Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Got Wonder Boy for myself, and Wonder Boy CE as a Christmas gift.

Lawbreakers isn't really my style, plus I'm less jazzed about owning a physical copy of an online-only game.

Got Wonder Boy regular and CE. Got in the waiting line, and was worried I'd miss the CE. Confess to flipping the CE in hopes of paying for my regular. Ready for Night Trap next week now.

EDIT: Typo correction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Second time this month items in cart go to finalize and it's sold out. That seems shitty that I can add it only to let someone take it?

anyone else see this ?

wutwut.jpg

Sweet wonder boy in cart going through paypal and it sells out. That's some sweet bull shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wtf! I had Wonder Boy in my cart and as I was checking out the fields to enter my CC info kept loading and when it finally loaded and I entered my CC info the game was sold out already! Literally the worst experience I have ever had with LRG. I guess I will try again at 6.....

Well cool, I went for Wonder Boy CE as soon as it went up and it sold out when Paypal was loading.

I'm done with LRG.

I got all the way through PayPal and went to confirm then it went sold out. Missed the other too. Also it didn't go live for me until about 30 seconds after count.

I'm usually on top of the releases but as I was checking out it told me to reinput my card info for a 2nd time and so I missed the WonderBoy CE, guess I'll have to try again at 6pm.

Got booted inside 4 min for Wonderboy, once I confirmed payment method.

EDIT: I did not use paypal, but a credit card. Nothing refreshed on me, just typed it in... too slowly.

however I have never had success at the 10AM slot. the 6PM is always slower to sell out. So I'm guessing that the 6PM slot will sell out in 10 minutes.

Did you all use paypal/login before they went live? If you don't you need to. Paypal will have everything auto filled for you so you just need to click through the payment screens.

I loaded and tried to check out immediately. Sold out, in part because they now store your credit card info but it expires in less than a week, requiring a reload and reentry and wasting precious seconds. I think it's starting to become clear you can't get these reliably if on a mobile browser.

Second time this month items in cart go to finalize and it's sold out. That seems shitty that I can add it only to let someone take it?
I agree someone has to be using bots here (there was about 10 seconds before the items even showed up). LRG needs to get a better checkout site. As I had the same issue in cart checking out after 10 seconds and it's sold out? I can't go any faster guys.

Is paypal the issue? If I paid directly with a credit card would that have increased my chances?
No I was using a credit card. LRG I guess doesn't have any protection in place for people who have something in their cart. They could learn a thing or two from Amazon it seems...

Well, this was going to be my first order from these guys and now I'm not even going to bother again. Had Wonderboy in cart, went through Paypal, then I get stopped for a valid phone number on LRG's site. I try to enter it, but the site kept the cursor at the start of the box so the number typed in backwards. Once I finally got it in correctly and continued to the second page, I was told it was sold out. Sad that it can sell out once you're already in checkout. Site is not worth the anticipation and disappointment.

I got all the way through PayPal and went to confirm then it went sold out. Missed the other too. Also it didn't go live for me until about 30 seconds after count.
Yeah same, I was refreshing as the countdown read 00:00:00 for a while, but I figured it was that way for everyone. Guess not.

I also got that "high traffic" garbage. I kinda think it should be like Amazon's lightning deals, where once you've got it in your cart, you have a few minutes where it can't be yanked by someone else.

Damn, I hope I can get NT next week, but I guess if I don't, not a HUGE loss, as I'm really only collecting the Vita games anyway, but I want NT for my collection. I figure the Vita may get a standard version at some point, but the CE is not likely, so I figured the PS4 version is a solid buy.

Yeah, when they got rid of the "line" system with Paypal, I figured many of these sell outs while in cart would happen more often than not. I never cared for an accurate inventory number, as in a rush like this, is not helpful either way. In the end, it only causes those who put it in their cart fast enough, to loose out in the long run.

I agree someone has to be using bots here (there was about 10 seconds before the items even showed up). LRG needs to get a better checkout site. As I had the same issue in cart checking out after 10 seconds and it's sold out? I can't go any faster guys.
This is very annoying. At this point they should limit one per person if there system works this way.

I was assed out of the LE by 7:01 PST.

Which leads me to two questions:

When do the second batches usually go up

and

Should I F5 when the countdown reaches zero? I stood there like an idiot waiting for the Add to cart button to pop, which it didn't until a few F5s, leading me to get boned.

Actualy, third question: where do i save my payment info for faster freakin checkout?

I highly suggest LRG limit all versions of Wonderboy to one copy per person in the evening batch, or else there will be a lot of pissed off people that won't be able to get any version of it today.

Did you all use paypal/login before they went live? If you don't you need to. Paypal will have everything auto filled for you so you just need to click through the payment screens.
Usually I don't have to, but I got prompted to re-log in because of some new way PayPal is being used.

On mobile and the Add To Cart button didn't pop up for a few seconds. Sold out while I was checking out. Not sure how people were able to get all three games in that same amount of time. Well hopefully I remember to check back at 6.

bread's done
Back