Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
You do realize how a line works right? Usually it means there are people ahead of you.
I didnt get stuck waiting though. It let me check out and at the very end told me it was sold out. Why did it take me out of the queue and allow me to begin the checkout process if it is still everyone for themselves? Again, what is the purpose of a line before that moment?

I know wtf a line is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Limited Run GamesVerified account @LimitedRunGames

Following

More

Replying to @AaliGuy
We were working on the listing for the bundle already before the sale went live.
10:17 AM - 4 Aug 2017

5 replies0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

Direct message

VlbqYUMf_normal.jpg
Tweet text

1. New conversation
I'm still not happy lol. I don't do twitter or anything, but clears that up I suppose.
Well hope I can get a copy of the CE at 6PM.

I tired to check out as fast as possible with Wonder Boy CE... was sold out by the time I finished entering my CC info.

Guess I'll try again at 6. I'm gonna be salty as fuck if I can't get this.

Lawbreakers is the first LRG I'm passing on.

What bothers me is I had both of the Collector's Editions in my cart, then AFTER I place the order they add the bundle. I usually don't get annoyed with these things but, if a bundle was gonna happen to start with, I don't understand why it wasn't posted at the very start.
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/893476076441280512

I'm not sure I buy this excuse. After everything LRG has released, how do you not realize when your games go live? I guess if a meeting ran late, that might make sense, but still.

I got the 00:00:00 for like 10-15 seconds then I could put it in the cart. I was already logged into paypal and it said I had a spot in line and had to wait a bit. But I was able to get a copy of Wonderboy.
Exact for me. It sold out while I was finalizing. I guess it wasn't really in my cart...

Is anyone around here familiar with Mondo? For those who don't know, they're a company who sells limited run movie posters. They have much smaller runs and have a MUCH larger fan base than LRG. Every time they have a release, they sell out in seconds (if that). Getting a poster at this point is mainly luck.

Going from Mondo to LRG is a cake walk. There are so many tricks you can use to check out in seconds (without programming or bots). LRG selling out in a couple of minutes is a life time compared to Mondo.
I used to play the mondo game, you're right, this is like walking into game stop compared to getting mondo drops

I got my Wonder Boy standard release this morning. These games are selling super fast these days.

The good thing is now I can skip a few weeks until Ys Origins on vita is released.

I have no interest in the games coming out the next two weeks. Enjoy the Night Trap blood bath and complaints. :argue:

There was no mention at all of these bundles prior to 10am. They knew people didn't care about Lawbreakers - heck they even removed the numbering from Lawbreakers. Yet they sill force people to buy a copy of Lawbreakers just to get what they really wanted (Wonderboy). Really shitty tactic.
u mean like LameStop and ThickGeek bundling NES classics?

the bundle is pretty lame, but just like any other release, you can still get the single if you are ready at the right time

being forced to buy the bundle is no different than missing out completely on a sold out title

I'm not sure I buy this excuse. After everything LRG has released, how do you not realize when your games go live? I guess if a meeting ran late, that might make sense, but still.
They miss the start time for a highly-anticipated CE release? Still sounds like a way to get rid of the Lawbreakers CE to me.

the bundle is pretty lame, but just like any other release, you can still get the single if you are ready at the right time

being forced to buy the bundle is no different than missing out completely on a sold out title
And these aren't even sold out yet. I get it if someone isn't going to be around at 6PM to try again, but it's not like there isn't a second shot.

It's about a 150 dollar swing on your bank account. A bit different.

How about this LRG since the bundles aren't shady that you offer anyone who bought the bundle a choice as to if they want both or just Wonderboy? Since it was a honest mistake.

Whether this is true or not, it's still a bad move to combine the two games. Lawbreaks is still available and the bundles sold out- there's no doubt that a lot of people clearly begrudgingly bought the bundles.

It's about a 150 dollar swing on your bank account. A bit different.
you're still given the opportunity to get a single, if you missed it..it's your fault

also, nobody said this was a cheap hobby and if an extra $70 keeps you from paying your electric bill, you might have to re-evaluate your financial priorities

And these aren't even sold out yet. I get it if someone isn't going to be around at 6PM to try again, but it's not like there isn't a second shot.
True, but if you're like me and purchased the other CE cause you were worried about losing your copy of the regular Wonder Boy, you're screwed out of this out-a-nowhere bundle because they'll cancel anyone who has ordered one or the other CE's. SO I feel double screwed about my chances lol

I was on LRG site when wonder boy went live, and added it to my cart. After entering payment info, it said it was sold out. Highly disappointed. I got sucker into ordering the base combo w/ lawbreakers. 

So I'm getting two copies for LB right? One's a digital code and the other will be on disc correct? I'll try and sell them..... 

Managed to get wonder boy, but had to buy it with lawbreakers. Hopefully I can trade lawbreakers with someone, because I have zero interest in the game.

This happened with Shantae as well. I wasn't able to get it. However I just got them from PSX. I should of waited it out, and tried again at 6 or see if copies would be at PSX this year.

You know the bundle is worse because even though it says it "counts towards the total" the limit for Lawbreakers CE is 2, but if you order the bundle and have ordered either CE it says it will result in a cancelled order. But the limit for Lawbreakers is 2.... Lost.

True, but if you're like me and purchased the other CE cause you were worried about losing your copy of the regular Wonder Boy, you're screwed out of this out-a-nowhere bundle because they'll cancel anyone who has ordered one or the other CE's. SO I feel double screwed about my chances lol
LRG has great customer service guys. I bought more than the allowed quantities once, messaged them, and they just deducted the one I overbought. Happened with oddworld.

you're still given the opportunity to get a single, if you missed it..it's your fault

also, nobody said this was a cheap hobby and if an extra $70 keeps you from paying your electric bill, you might have to re-evaluate your financial priorities
Not sure the dissertation on financial responsibility was necessary. I can't wait until one of you uppity elitists miss one of these games. It's gonna be sweet.

They've done bundles in the past, so this is nothing new, as it is the norm on days when 2 high profile games are being released. So then, people who want both can buy at once to save time.

Normally I've seen mention of it before hand, but that wasn't the case here, but I don't frequent social media either, so it is what it is I guess. This afternoon is going to be even worse, so good luck to you guys(your going to need it).

https://twitter.com/limitedrungames/status/893478142496702466
Not sure I understand that one... It's definitely true that it gave more people a shot, but I have a feeling that bundle turned people into resellers since I'd bet many will try to offload Lawbreakers. They just may not make money off of a Lawbreakers sale, so they end up getting Wonder Boy at a potentially slightly higher price.

I bet there wasn't 100-200 reserved for bundles.  In the past it's been requested by complete set chasers who want to minimize how many things they add to cart before checking out as quickly as possible. Typically when there are too many games and variants live at the same time.

I was checked out within 4 seconds but I'm all for bundles when there is anxiety over too many things to add before checking out and risk of one selling out.

I bet there wasn't 100-200 reserved for bundles. In the past it's been requested by complete set chasers who want to minimize how many things they add to cart before checking out as quickly as possible. Typically when there are too many games and variants live at the same time.
They have done bundles in the past but they have always advertised ahead of time that they were doing the bundles to give people a heads up. This was done stealthily it would seem and included a game that hardly anyone wanted physically (and many were vocal about that) due to the online nature of the title.

Not sure the dissertation on financial responsibility was necessary. I can't wait until one of you uppity elitists miss one of these games. It's gonna be sweet.
i know nothing of your finances nor was it directed at you, all I wanted to get across was the principle.

wishing ill will and taking pleasure in others misfortune is a bit below your pay grade if you're not this 'uppity elitist.'

I got what I wanted, and I'm still irritated with the bundle. It's very, very obvious that WonderBoy is the game that people want today, not Lawbreakers. So holding back WonderBoy CE copies and making it more likely that customers have to purchase the Lawbreakers CE with it to get one is a dick move. I like LRG; I don't typically complain about what they do; but I think we can all call a spade a spade.

@Doomstink

I didn't see this in the LRG FAQ. When it says the limit is 1 of a game (such as WonderBoy now) are we allowed to get 1 Standard Edition and 1 Collectors edition? (since they are separate items)

I bet there wasn't 100-200 reserved for bundles. In the past it's been requested by complete set chasers who want to minimize how many things they add to cart before checking out as quickly as possible. Typically when there are too many games and variants live at the same time.
It was quite a solid large number. I checked it by adding 5000 to my cart to see what the remaining number was. I can't remember how much it was but it was a large chunk. Remember too that this is not all 5000 regular copies on sale for the AM but a subset of them and then a subset of that which got pulled for the bundles. So even if it was just 500 bundles... that's around 20% to 25% of what was available for the AM. I'm sure LRG can supply the actual numbers.

That's a logical failure right there. The scalpers have every incentive to buy the CE bundle for the resale value, and the additional bundle cost prices out many of the regular customers.
If they really want to take out folks like Chris, instead of BSing us to spend another $70, now would be the chance on the numbered CE ones. It would be a lot of work, but you could database what account get's what number. When he goes to scalp the game on ebay you'll have his accounts linked.

Yeah but nobody likes to pay for something they don't want...

I was checked out within 4 seconds but I'm all for bundles when there is anxiety over too many things to add before checking out and risk of one selling out.
Agreed, I managed to checkout quickly, but II struggled with whether or not to risk losing the CE by adding a standard to my cart. It felt like an eternity for the product pages to load, but I still managed to get one of each.

@Doomstink

I didn't see this in the LRG FAQ. When it says the limit is 1 of a game (such as WonderBoy now) are we allowed to get 1 Standard Edition and 1 Collectors edition? (since they are separate items)
Yes, you can grab 1 of each- standard and CEs are treated as separate items. The only time limit caries over is for bundles (like if it was a game + OST bundle) where if the game was limited to 1, you could buy the bundle or the standalone game, but not 1 of each.

If they really want to take out folks like Chris, instead of BSing us to spend another $70, now would be the chance on the numbered CE ones. It would be a lot of work, but you could database what account get's what number. When he goes to scalp the game on ebay you'll have his accounts linked.
lol.

i mean, you're joking right?

@Doomstink

The wording on limits is very explicit. If a CE counts towards total limit it's very explicitly stated so.

I believe it was not in this case because of the reversible cover. Not sure how you could get one of each cover if one of them was already on the CE without opening the sealed CE. So you had an option to get 1 CE and 2 standards to get one of each sealed cover on the standards.

They've done bundles in the past, so this is nothing new, as it is the norm on days when 2 high profile games are being released. So then, people who want both can buy at once to save time.

Normally I've seen mention of it before hand, but that wasn't the case here, but I don't frequent social media either, so it is what it is I guess. This afternoon is going to be even worse, so good luck to you guys(your going to need it).
I forget what the other cases were, but you do mention two "high profile" games. Not sure "Lawbreakers" counts. Well, I guess it's kinda "high profile". Just not that desirable. The standard version is still available 50 minutes later. I can't recall the last time, if ever, something lasted this long during the 10am run.

This is the first thing that I've seen LRG do that I don't necessarily agree with... at least, not the rationalization. I get that it kept Wonder Boy available for another 20 minutes, but in order for it to make sense as "consumer-friendly" those people needed to want both titles which is now an even smaller group since the bundles went up after the stand-alones. How many people who wanted both already ordered them? How many saw Wonder Boy sell out and then ordered Lawbreakers solo?

Given how customer friendly LRG has always been, this just seems like a bit of a misstep - I won't question their motives, though, or claim they are being disingenuous given their history. I don't agree with it, but, at the same time.... these are going to be available again later today anyway.

The wording on limits is very explicit. If a CE counts towards total limit it's very explicitly stated so.

I believe it was not in this case because of the reversible cover. Not sure how you could get one of each cover if over of them was already on the CE without opening the sealed CE. So you had an option to get 1 CE and 2 standards to get one of each sealed cover on the standards.
Yeah I believe before this mornings madness it was 2 of regular 1 of CE, but looks like tonight it's 1 of any version.

bread's done
Back