Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I understand the theory of the bundles, but it isn't pricing out scalpers and is only hurting those of us who want to legit buy the game we want. I do not want Lawbreakers, but I really want WonderBoy. I was half tempted to get one of the bundles and selling LawBreakers, but looking at the way it's sold so far I don't imagine I would be able to recoup my cost on it very easily. I'm going to get one at 6PM I keep telling myself. I just want the standard WonderBoy too! 

then be ready at 6 to make sure that doesn't happen.
I was just responding to you saying this is an expensive hobby- I understand where you're coming (it's an option, there's still another chance) but the way the bundle was handled just doesn't seem like the best idea. Fine they were late with getting it up, they could have easily said we screwed up and we'll just list the bundle in the evening batch. It just looks bad how they're doing it now.

Plus, I can't imagine how the evening batch is gonna go.

I was able to get my copy while at work, luckily. I missed out during Wonderboy Oceanhorn (EDIT* brain fart) last week because of a client and I forgot how hectic the evening batches of the popular releases can be.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the bundles are primarily for those who want all the LRG games. It makes it easier to just add the bundle and check out rather than adding each game separately and missing out on the "hot" game of the day such as Wonderboy was today. I was able to get the vanilla copy bundle today at like 10:15. Left work early to try to get them but didn't get home till around 10:10 so I thought I would miss out. Now I don't have to worry about trying tonight. So the bundle was a good idea imo.

i know nothing of your finances nor was it directed at you, all I wanted to get across was the principle.

wishing ill will and taking pleasure in others misfortune is a bit below your pay grade if you're not this 'uppity elitist.'
Ill will. Lol. More like tough love. Life is hard and you don't always get those shiny games you're after!

I was just responding to you saying this is an expensive hobby- I understand where you're coming (it's an option, there's still another chance) but the way the bundle was handled just doesn't seem like the best idea. Fine they were late with getting it up, they could have easily said we screwed up and we'll just list the bundle in the evening batch. It just looks bad how they're doing it now.

Plus, I can't imagine how the evening batch is gonna go.

I was able to get my copy while at work, luckily. I missed out during Wonderboy last week because of a client and I forgot how hectic the evening batches of the popular releases can be.
It could have been handled better, but it's not like this is a recurring incident and they seem pretty good about learning from their own errors.

And letting the games be held / reserved until payment is finalized.

So I had the wonder boy CE in my cart
Went to check out, and had a issue with their phone number prompt making everything I type go in backwards.
Went to PayPal to pay, and it said ,"sold out"
Then the CE is magically listed as available again ( via a stealth release )
only as a bundle with a game I don't want, priced at 170 plus dollars !
That seems really shady to me, like a tactic out of Gamestops playbook by forcing
overpriced bundles on consumers.
I expected more from a consumer friendly, and awesome company like LRG :(
I can't help but feel cheated here.
I should note I was on the site and refreshing the page the moment it went live, and I was already
signed onto PayPal.

This is a messed up move by LRG

I forget what the other cases were, but you do mention two "high profile" games. Not sure "Lawbreakers" counts. Well, I guess it's kinda "high profile". Just not that desirable. The standard version is still available 50 minutes later. I can't recall the last time, if ever, something lasted this long during the 10am run.
I completely agree, as I don't personally see the point of Lawbreakers having physical at all. But it is a high profile title, but not in the same way past titles have been. As many don't want or need a physical copy of a game that will be unusable at a specific point in time.

And even when these types of bundles where offered, most of us here knew about it before hand, so I agree with that point as well, someone dropped the ball here by not making it fully known before hand.

Guys are busy, and shit happens I guess, so I won't lump LRG in with other retailers who have recently started upping the bundle trend, but this did seem a little questionable to say the least. And for two releases like this, where it is rather clear, not many wanted both titles, the bundles shouldn't have even been offered(IMO).

Yeah I believe before this mornings madness it was 2 of regular 1 of CE, but looks like tonight it's 1 of any version.
Seriously, they're back to punishing the 6pm customers?

Here's an idea, make everything a limit 1 and let people buy 1 in each batch (CE excluded). No combing shipping afterwards either, cuz that's the fee/tax for the privilege of being able to buy more than 1.

And stop complicating things with reversible covers and variants lol.

Pretty sure it ended up being a combined total of 3 instead of 2 because there was no way to know which was in the CE for people that wanted both a CE and one of each cover (with or without the CE).

This is the first time a game has had multiple cover variants, reversible or not, and a sealed CE, at the same time.

Since they can't tell what's in the CE and can't gaurantee you won't get a duplicate for your SE they just did 1+2.

The whole situation goes away without the reversible cover or requesting that all games from the factory have the same cover orientation instead of 50/50.

Ugh, I stayed logged in too long, so when I ordered via paypal it didn't register on my account. That has happened 1 other time to me, and I kinda hate it. :(

Here's an idea, make everything a limit 1 and let people buy 1 in each batch (CE excluded). No combing shipping afterwards either, cuz that's the fee/tax for the privilege of being able to buy more than 1.
I would really, really like this paradigm shift!

I overslept one hour, got up at 10:00, and Wonder Boy was already sold out w-t-f ell arr jee ???

Great, thanks LRG. Now I get to choose between Wonder Boy regular and CE because you guys decided to post a WB/LB CE bundle that reduced the chances of buying WB regular and CE together?

If LRG was all about making bundles this morning, why wasn't a Wonder Boy regular and CE bundle available?

/s aside I have no less than three alarms spaced 5 minutes apart 30 minutes before.  And I'll push the last one up every 5 minutes in case I drift off waiting. Also the alarms are split on two devices to protect against things like bugs causing a phone to power off or a firmware update causing it to hang at boot from needing a PIN, to battery failure, or whatever.

Redundant internet (home wifi + LTE), etc

I remove all luck from the equation.

Great, thanks LRG. Now I get to choose between Wonder Boy regular and CE because you guys decided to post a WB/LB CE bundle that reduced the chances of buying WB regular and CE together?

If LRG was all about making bundles this morning, why wasn't a Wonder Boy regular and CE bundle available?
tenor.gif

Is anyone around here familiar with Mondo? For those who don't know, they're a company who sells limited run movie posters. They have much smaller runs and have a MUCH larger fan base than LRG. Every time they have a release, they sell out in seconds (if that). Getting a poster at this point is mainly luck.

Going from Mondo to LRG is a cake walk. There are so many tricks you can use to check out in seconds (without programming or bots). LRG selling out in a couple of minutes is a life time compared to Mondo.
Exactly, everyone here are n00bs that don't know what the Mondo poster life is like. :cool:

I think the bundles are primarily for those who want all the LRG games. It makes it easier to just add the bundle and check out rather than adding each game separately and missing out on the "hot" game of the day such as Wonderboy was today. I was able to get the vanilla copy bundle today at like 10:15. Left work early to try to get them but didn't get home till around 10:10 so I thought I would miss out. Now I don't have to worry about trying tonight. So the bundle was a good idea imo.
I would have preferred the CE bundle instead of having multiple tabs open so I could get the Wonderboy CE, Lawbreakers CE, Wonderboy regular (to open) and then scramble to check out. Of course it wasn't up at 10 so it was useless for people it would have actually helped the most initially. Moot point since I got my order in.

Went to check out, and had a issue with their phone number prompt making everything I type go in backwards.
That seems really shady to me, like a tactic out of Gamestops playbook by forcing
I should note I was on the site and refreshing the page the moment it went live, and I was already
signed onto PayPal.

This was my favorite part of this charade. I had it in my cart, by the time I entered my PayPal password and returned it was sold out.

Suck it, LRG - maybe you should have some sort of Ticketmaster-like system where an item is in your cart, it is HELD while you checkout for 60 seconds. After that, it's released. No one cares about Lawbreakers and I'm definitely not spending $170 on that. Scalpers will use their profits from their resells to buy those bundles - so I don't buy that line about bundles circumventing scalpers. That's a terrible business practice.

I'm a bit curious to see how Josh justifies the bundling. It's a smart financial move but it's a sleazy move for a business that talks about doing the right thing a lot. I got my stuff, doesn't hurt me this round but if this is how they are going to do business going forward I may stop buying all together. And yes I know that won't make a difference to them or anyone else.

From the LRG Twitter:

"3,000 copies of Wonder Boy are being listed at 6PM Eastern Time. 1,600 Standard/400 Bundles/1,000 CE"

So there you go as far as how many are getting pulled for the evening bundles.  13.33% if a mix of sandard&CE... 20% if just standard.

This morning 5000 were sold between the standard, CE & bundles.   That is if we don't deduct however many they pull for replacements/defects.

Also they posted that you CAN buy one Standard and one CE during the evening.  So you can get two copies.  It's on twitter under the thread I quoted.

Thanks for making me wade through 200 posts of tears, guys.  Too bad now I'm not going to be able to get it up tonight after my date as I am already spent.

Man it would really be cool if the late batches went live at 7pm. I foresee missing lots more games since I'm always at work when things go live and the mobile route has become unreliable.

I can see the point in the bundle to scare away the scalpers/resellers. WB will most likely sell for a premium, but Lawbreakers isn't going to sell, so you'd be lucky to make your money back. It definitely backfired on them because you're now forcing a large number of people that have no interest in LB to buy the game. It feels like LRG knew LB wasn't going to sell and is pulling a GameStop tactic and bundling them together so THEY don't get stuck with unsold copies. Putting up the bundles earlier this week, or even this morning before the games went live, would've alleviated the blowback a bit. Putting them up 15 minutes after WB "sold out" just looks bad.

Exactly, everyone here are n00bs that don't know what the Mondo poster life is like. :cool:
Nope I know what Mondo is like and why play the lottery. So it's not that some don't know, but rather we don't care anymore. Let the scalpers have them and for the 10 lucky real collectors who get one good luck.;-)

Nope I know what Mondo is like and why play the lottery. So it's not that some don't know, but rather we don't care anymore. Let the scalpers have them and for the 10 lucky real collectors who get one good luck.;-)
Yeah, saying "well it still isn't as shitty as this REALLY shitty thing!" isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Also I would have bought a standard/CE Wonder Boy bundle but I have zero interest in Cliffy B's latest shitfest after playing it.

This was my favorite part of this charade. I had it in my cart, by the time I entered my PayPal password and returned it was sold out.

Suck it, LRG - maybe you should have some sort of Ticketmaster-like system where an item is in your cart, it is HELD while you checkout for 60 seconds. After that, it's released. No one cares about Lawbreakers and I'm definitely not spending $170 on that. Scalpers will use their profits from their resells to buy those bundles - so I don't buy that line about bundles circumventing scalpers. That's a terrible business practice.
It might really backfire as there are 3000 CE of the Wonderboy (Iook at the Darius CEs they are selling these days at maybe $140 free shipping and only had a 1000 print run). If the WB actually become cheaper on ebay for just the WB CE than the $141 (with shipping) on the bundles then people might say well I'll spend $100-110 for the game I want with a scalper.

Honestly I'd rather give a scalper my money for wonderboy than be forced to buy a bundle I don't want.

Fortunately I got my copy without trouble, but I do not like this bundle business.

On the other hand, there have been requests to have bundles so those with real problems (csbaker) can get everything released that day with fewer buttons.

Honestly I'd rather give a scalper my money for wonderboy than be forced to buy a bundle I don't want.

Fortunately I got my copy without trouble, but I do not like this bundle business.
I mean you could buy the bundle and sell off the crap you don't want. I think a lot are planning this move and wouldn't be shocked to see the CE of Lawbreakers go for way less than retail on ebay once they ship as there's going to be a flood. ;-)

Remember, Lawbreakers comes with a Digital copy of the game as well.

If you begrudgingly bought the CE bundle and have no interest in LB, you can definitely sell both the code and the CE to break even/make a few bucks.

OOOOOOOOOOH! I get it now! Salt and Sanctuary wont release until they have mined enough Salt from the previous LRG releases! Right now its just sanctuary...

[attachment=27479:chris.jpg]

[attachment=27480:chris 2.jpg]

"Chris" aka chrisz300zx

is clearly breaking the buyer limits every single week

cleaned up this week, 200+ on collectors editions

so when your in line waiting for your payment to process on LRG, 

know that "Chris" likely has 4 copies of that game being processed 

in front of yours

I don't mind bundles at all, but bundles on today's titles is a bit questionable considering Lawbreakers isn't part of their official collection, so it feels like they're kind of going the extra mile just for that game, and pushing that on to people who don't want to buy the game if they miss out on the single game listings.  Just doesn't feel right to me for some reason.  But if people are actually buying them, then more power to LRG I guess. :p

signed onto PayPal.

I've had that exact same problem with entering the phone number, something is misconfigured for that field on the screen. Very annoying.

OOOOOOOOOOH! I get it now! Salt and Sanctuary wont release until they have mined enough Salt from the previous LRG releases! Right now its just sanctuary...
Sanctuary? Clearly you've been ignoring the burning buildings collapsing around you in this thread every time you visit.

By the time the game comes out, the game's going to be called Smoldering Rubble & Sanctuary.

I wish WonderBoy was limited to 1 per customer for the AM. They should have expected a fast sellout. It's been one of my most anticipated LRG releases right behind Ys and Night Trap. 

attachicon.gif
chris.jpg

attachicon.gif
chris 2.jpg

"Chris" aka chrisz300zx

is clearly breaking the buyer limits every single week

cleaned up this week, 200+ on collectors editions

so when your in line waiting for your payment to process on LRG,

know that "Chris" likely has 4 copies of that game being processed

in front of yours
They could get him on the CEs this time if they want. After all the coupons are linked to accounts why can't they link numbered CEs? Or since he's using their images to sell LGR could contact ebay on a copyright. It's a lot of work and time for a little nat scalper, but if he becomes to bold there are ways.

I'll try for the later batch for Wonder Boy standard...messed up my time (haven't bought from LRG in a while) so missed when it went up. If I miss it...oh well that's what we have PSN/Steam sales for.

Sanctuary? Clearly you've been ignoring the burning buildings collapsing around you in this thread every time you visit.

By the time the game comes out, the game's going to be called Smoldering Rubble & Sanctuary.
You have a point sir... The more salt they mine the less sanctuary they have... Does this mean the game will never release? At least until LRG inevitably folds and the physical release rights are sold to some other company?

I don't mind bundles at all, but bundles on today's titles is a bit questionable considering Lawbreakers isn't part of their official collection, so it feels like they're kind of going the extra mile just for that game, and pushing that on to people who don't want to buy the game if they miss out on the single game listings. Just doesn't feel right to me for some reason. But if people are actually buying them, then more power to LRG I guess. :p
Yeah, I normally don't have an issue either, but as you stated, for a title that isn't a part of their normal run, and clearly has way more copies than it should have had(maybe the higher numbers had to happen to get the game), this seems like a way to move that title, when it was very clear from the start, not that many where really interested due to the "digital" only nature of the title.

Most of the bundles of the past made sense, where I don't really see much of the reasoning behind today's bundles expect to move LB qty's. Bundles that had variations of Wonder Boy seemed like a much better option, as the two titles chosen, really don't go together at all.

They could get him on the CEs this time if they want. After all the coupons are linked to accounts why can't they link numbered CEs? Or since he's using their images to sell LGR could contact ebay on a copyright. It's a lot of work and time for a little nat scalper, but if he becomes to bold there are ways.
No point in them spending energy trying to get "Chris". He obviously has multiple accounts and if they manage to catch one he will just make more.

I wish WonderBoy was limited to 1 per customer for the AM. They should have expected a fast sellout. It's been one of my most anticipated LRG releases right behind Ys and Night Trap.
I think the reason they did 2 of the regular per customer was because of the cover variants. Between that and the CE (and the bundles) it seems to have spread it a little thinner this morning than expected.

You have a point sir... The more salt they mine the less sanctuary they have... Does this mean the game will never release? At least until LRG inevitably folds and the physical release rights are sold to some other company?
I mean, to be fair though, as they've noted several times, they don't dictate the physical release dates on the games they sign, so if you really want to get them to release it faster, you'd need to talk to the developers about it. LRG only has control over their release after the developers give them the okay to do so, but until then, they're just waiting for it just like all of us, so I don't think it's something to just put on them because of it. Like them or hate them, there's still a process everyone needs to go through. Sucks, but meh. At this point, it's kind of the norm with many of these bigger title games, and the decisions made for delay. :p

bread's done
Back