Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Has anyone suggested yet that it's someone known to LRG, who just looks the other way with a fist bump?

I don't recall anyone here saying they haven't heard of bots.
most thought it was absurd that I suggest that removing a product from your cart was anti consumer and unethical. Bots are programmed to check out faster than you or I could. The people utilizing such programs are the people selling them for profit elsewhere. Shit, even Ticketmaster doesn't remove your tickets from your cart arbitrarily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did anyone ever stop to consider that he might be just be using a friend or family member's info to order? If he is, then he's not technically breaking any of the rules. Furthermore, I somehow doubt his couple of additional copies are truly keeping any of you from getting one. Put this effort into getting faster at ordering on release day.
I suggested that very possibility early on, as no one has proved he has broken any rules, or policies. It's very apparent from the info given already, this guy has not bought rule breaking qty's with one account, so as you stated, who's to say a friend or family member didn't buy an extra for themselves, and then gives the extra copy to "Chris" to sell for them, and maybe recoup some cost.

Even if someone finds his identity or address, what will that accomplish? He still has access to more than what is allowed, so what will this information help in the end? There is still next to ZERO possibilities of ever finding his extra supply chain, so knowing who this guy is, and where he lives is still useless information, as it won't stop his actions.

most thought it was absurd that I suggest that removing a product from your cart was anti consumer and unethical. Bots are programmed to check out faster than you or I could. The people utilizing such programs are the people selling them for profit elsewhere. Shit, even Ticketmaster doesn't remove your tickets from your cart arbitrarily.
I haven't used Ticketmaster in about a year but the last time I did there was a timer with a statement that said "you will lose your tickets when times up" or something on those lines. Usually it was plenty of time to check out accurately.

The obvious answer is get more skill bro.

I haven't used Ticketmaster in about a year but the last time I did there was a timer with a statement that said "you will lose your tickets when times up" or something on those lines. Usually it was plenty of time to check out accurately.

The obvious answer is get more skill bro.
LRG doesn't have a timer, bro.

I'm just more amazed somebody decided to make a troll account to troll people who are already trolling the troll to stop him from trolling others.

WxVke.gif

To be honest, I would like to meet Chris now. He's becoming a legend here in this thread. He gets multiple copies of every game LRG puts up for sale and has them listed on eBay immediately. I would like to know his secret as it is becoming harder and harder to get releases for a lot of us but he has no problem getting not only one, but multiples. He's infamous to some here as he's looked at like a theif in the night who can't be found and his listings on eBay breaks hearts and shatters dreams.
It's pretty simple you just need to find a guy in Chinatown that sells import car parts with an Asian-sounding name.

I don't think some people can be pleased with anything. OMG, the game sold out in 3 minutes, not enough copies! OMG, the game is still available the next day, too many copies!
I think what more people are mad about is that they vastly underestimated the demand of some games while overestimating others. That and also letting it be 2 copies to person in the beginning where it should've been 1 to begin with for a title like this.

I think what more people are mad about is that they vastly underestimated the demand of some games while overestimating others. That and also letting it be 2 copies to person in the beginning where it should've been 1 to begin with for a title like this.
I mentioned like a week and a half ago that it was ridiculous to have a 2 per person limit on Wonder Boy plus one CE, even in the morning, and people said it'd be fine and not to sweat it.

Not that anyone at LRG will do anything about it since they care about quick sell outs more than their fans, but for posterity's sake I'll say the limit of 2 on Night Trap is also ridiculous.

What I'm waiting for is the time that I can use these tickets I keep accumulating. I think I have 35 so far and 10 more from the games I already paid for. I'm thinking that LRG might surprise us with something special for those who have a lot of these reward tickets.

What I'm waiting for is the time that I can use these tickets I keep accumulating. I think I have 35 so far and 10 more from the games I already paid for. I'm thinking that LRG might surprise us with something special for those who have a lot of these reward tickets.
have they updated the redemption levels at all? was pretty high for the first dibs right when they first posted the page

So it seems like they will announce an hour (i.e. 7:00 PM Eastern) and we will need to constantly reload every minute during that hour. Seems like more risk/work than it's worth IMO and that it would heavily favor bots.

So it seems like they will announce an hour (i.e. 7:00 PM Eastern) and we will need to constantly reload every minute during that hour. Seems like more risk/work than it's worth IMO and that it would heavily favor bots.
Which is why I've been against random times... people who know how to use bots/scripts will get them. Everyone else will just spend and hr refreshing.

On the other hand, if they list it at a set time, then the website would prob crash.

I recommend setting up mobile twitter notifications for their account so you know the time, I have them on for wario and get in on most deals that way

They've already said that there will be a special 32X cover variant of Night Trap that will be available for 40 tickets and possibly just the cover insert itself for less.

Late post: managed to get Wonder Boy miracously from the second batch. Love what LRG are doing, buts they need to limit how many copies are available per person, as well as stop bundling different games for no reason.

Got the standard edition with no issues Friday morning. As soon as the timer went to 0, I refreshed the page, added it to the card and paid.

I did for the first time see a message saying "please wait you are in line" or something. Then I went in and when it was done, I checked again and they had maybe 15% stock left.

Cannot wait to open and play this, heard good things!

Got the standard edition with no issues Friday morning. As soon as the timer went to 0, I refreshed the page, added it to the card and paid.
It seems you know a secret that many people don't know about. According to you, the trick is adding the game to your cart and then purchasing it. I'll try that next time and see if it works better.

Did LRG say when WB is expected to ship? 

Hopefully NT goes better, I feel like it will. I think WB is the more popular game, right? And NT is a larger run. 

Did LRG say when WB is expected to ship?

Hopefully NT goes better, I feel like it will. I think WB is the more popular game, right? And NT is a larger run.
I don't know that I would say "better" is going to happen, but worse or the same, are strong possibilities. Wonder Boy is a great old school throw back, that has a new coat of paint thrown on. WB has a decent enough following, but it's not Mario or Sonic.

Night Trap on the other hand, I think has a much larger interest base, for no other reason than the controversy it brought to the industry upon release. Just based on what I've seen here and on other sites, WB & NT are for sure two of the more popular titles LRG has released, and with both having CE as well, I expect another blood bath next Friday as well.

Hey Josh, I really want to get the NT documentary Blu-Ray as well, any chance that will have a bundle with the collectors edition on Friday? As this is a place where it would help greatly, as I don't think I'll even try to add both and check out, as I don't see that going well. So my best option is to go for one or the other in the am, and then try for the other in the pm.

If I happen to miss either one in the am though, I'm pretty much screwed. LOL

I missed the last two times this went up. Hopefully I get lucky this time. To boost my luck I am playing Tenacious D's  Wonderboy on repeat.

bread's done
Back