Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
The PC version is still available and in all honesty think that's going to be the most valuable NT version in the long run (once the scalpers do what they do on the CE's). Lower print run in a big box, numbered, and most PC collectors probably have no clue it's even out. Since LRG is a console seller mostly.
Anything is possible, but I feel like PC games generally don't sell for nearly as much as console games. PC collectors are few and far between compared to console. I do know that several PC titles are worth quite a bit CIB though so I do think this will end up selling for more than what LRG is selling it for currently. The Silver Case is actually selling under the LRG price.

The PC version is still available and in all honesty think that's going to be the most valuable NT version in the long run (once the scalpers do what they do on the CE's). Lower print run in a big box, numbered, and most PC collectors probably have no clue it's even out. Since LRG is a console seller mostly.
Not really. PC games are far less collectible than console games, Gamestop actually blew out a bunch of those steelbook PC games like Rogue Legacy and Jotun because they didn't sell very well. Physical console games will always play on your console, PC games not guaranteed, and most PC gamers just buy digital on Steam. It's a far smaller market for collectible games.

Wow, I got one of each Night Trap edition on PS4, but I didn't expect them to sell out within 1-2 minutes. I guess it's a good thing I ordered them during a meeting while the other guy had his back turned.

I was able to get my order in this morning for one, but that ps4 version sure sold out quickly.  I feel for the people who didn't get an order to go through.  Hopefully this afternoon will be better for you guys/gals.

I was able to get my order in this morning for one, but that ps4 version sure sold out quickly. I feel for the people who didn't get an order to go through. Hopefully this afternoon will be better for you guys/gals.
It won't- usually, when the AM batch goes real quick, the PM batch goes even quicker since there's a smaller allotment.

I made the mistake of trying to add both The Bunker and NT to my cart right away on separate tabs rather than going for just NT. For some reason in the speed of things NT never even made it to my checkout to be yanked from my cart like WB CE last week. These last 2 weeks have been the first time I have felt like I did everything I was supposed to, had a fast enough browser, and still missed out on some stuff so it is definitely getting worse. Every other missed purchase was because I wasn't there at the right time.

I really hope they do at least a 7,500 print run of CSH, because I won't buy it digital if I miss out(as with most of these games) unless it goes on sale for $10 or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm actually surprised Night Trap sold so quick as well, I assumed most people by now knew that most of the hype behind it was due to the notoriety it received from Congress. As an actual game it's really quite terrible and difficult to play, if you want to describe what you do as playing.

I really hope they do at least a 7,500 print run of CSH, because I won't buy it digital if I miss out(as with most of these games) unless it goes on sale for $10 or less.
I just hope if they do 7500 it wouldn't be two cover art copies plus a LE dividing the copies up even more. Just one copy and one cover art showing (still make it reverse able but make them ALL the same).

I made the mistake of trying to add both The Bunker and NT to my cart right away on separate tabs rather than going for just NT. For some reason in the speed of things NT never even made it to my checkout to be yanked from my cart like WB CE last week. These last 2 weeks have been the first time I have felt like I did everything I was supposed to, had a fast enough browser, and still missed out on some stuff so it is definitely getting worse. Every other missed purchase was because I wasn't there at the right time.

Just wait until Y's man. Think that is going to be the worst ever.

Night Trap was one of the two big ones on my "I want from LRG" list. Now the only one I'm really waiting for is Salt & Sanctuary vita, but apparently, we won't see that for a while. 

Still holding hope LRG manages to make a PS3 physical disc of Yakuza 5....

I tried. The website uses shopify and the only way you can access that part of the site is when something is in your cart and you are checking out. Once you check out you can save your information. So I have to buy some crappy piece of merc just so I have a chance at a real product? Thanks for nothing, moron.
The games are intended for mature audiences. This would explain why you weren't able to check out.

I did NOT know more CE editions of NT would be available at 6pm tonight. My girlfriend will be home then so shes gonna try her luck at 6 to rangle me a CE. Im gonna try too but im at work and we close AT 6pm. I am debating if I want her to try for the CE and me try for a regular because at this point I just want at least one of them. Not my day. Lol

My big wants to come are the Sekai games (Narcissu, Rabi-Rabi and Sharin no Kuni) and Cosmic Star Heroine. You will have to pry the VNs from my dead hands of course. I'm guessing Sharin no Kuni wont be available for a long while though.

I'll see what I get tempted on before then. Next week I'm passing on both though.

were both these kickstarter?
He was just listing his outstanding games from Signature Edition Games, which is owned by the company that developed Shadow Warrior series/Absolver and are trying their hand at self publishing physical copies. Shadow Warrior 2 already sold out there (Absolver is still available, it looks like) but LRG plans list variant cover versions of both games some time in the future (not part of the LRG numbered series).

They already did this for Strafe, which was the first SRG game. LRG is doing this to basically help spread the word for SRG/physical games.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one, although I did somehow still succeed in getting everything I wanted. I tried the "separate tab" strategy last week with the Wonder Boy CE and Standard and had no problem. This week, I had three tabs open (Night Trap Standard, The Bunker, the Blu-Ray doc), added them all, went to my cart , they were all there, zoomed through checkout, then when my confirmation screen popped up the only thing in the order was The Bunker. I thought everything else had been removed from my cart due to already selling out, but I checked out again (everything else was still in my cart) and had no problem placing the order for Night Trap and the blu-ray doc.

I have slow internet connection any chance I would be able to buy these

Never bought it from this site any advice?
this morning was my 1st time buying from LGR, i think i was able to get my order in because i have a very fast connection.

if you have a slow internet connection, i think it will cause problems and you might miss out. this is just my opinion, i could be totally wrong.

Power resides where resellers believe it resides.

tumblr_inline_ot44tbVtrj1uli3lq_540.gif

Anything is possible, but I feel like PC games generally don't sell for nearly as much as console games. PC collectors are few and far between compared to console. I do know that several PC titles are worth quite a bit CIB though so I do think this will end up selling for more than what LRG is selling it for currently. The Silver Case is actually selling under the LRG price.
PC gamers have fused with the internet and embraced the digital media future. They care not for boxes.

this morning was my 1st time buying from LGR, i think i was able to get my order in because i have a very fast connection.

if you have a slow internet connection, i think it will cause problems and you might miss out. this is just my opinion, i could be totally wrong.
Well a fast connection for sure doesn't hurt, as I'm sure someone who has a slow one is going to lose out more often than not.

I have a pretty fast one as well, and haven't had any issues up to this point, but it's for sure becoming a more worry-sum proposition which each new release. LOL

I don't really condone what I'm about to post below, but if you reaaaaaally wanted Night Trap, you can technically still order one

The site still believes LRG to have 2% of the morning stock available, maybe some cancelled, idk why.

This is going to piss someone off, or someone is about to get very lucky, and frankly LRG might cancel you order, but since the site still technically has 2% stock available, you should be able to snag one of those copies.  If you login, and go to this link, you should be able to complete checkout for one of the 2% copies that are 'in stock'  on the site. Goodluck/Havefun.

https://limitedrungames.com/cart/41626332163:1

It's how people are preloading their carts and forcing them to remove items and relist them right before the sale. Since the site still has items available online, you can fully checkout with this method atm.

High profile releases like these should be 1 per person from the get go. Srsly.

Or at least dont underestimate the demand
I totally agree, but I think LRG is very concerned about titles not selling out, which is why they are loose about quantities especially in the morning batch. They can't be left holding a large quantity of unsold games, which would be a big problem.

I totally agree, but I think LRG is very concerned about titles not selling out, which is why they are loose about quantities especially in the morning batch. They can't be left holding a large quantity of unsold games, which would be a big problem.
at least it seems some indie stores have been willing to buy off some of the unsold stock

I don't really condone what I'm about to post below, but if you reaaaaaally wanted Night Trap, you can technically still order one

The site still believes LRG to have 2% of the morning stock available, maybe some cancelled, idk why.

This is going to piss someone off, or someone is about to get very lucky, and frankly LRG might cancel you order, but since the site still technically has 2% stock available, you should be able to snag one of those copies. If you login, and go to this link, you should be able to complete checkout for one of the 2% copies that are 'in stock' on the site. Goodluck/Havefun.

It's how people are preloading their carts and forcing them to remove items and relist them right before the sale. Since the site still has items available online, you can fully checkout with this method atm.
Worked like a charm. Thank you for doing this. Scalpers shouldn't be the only ones with an advantage.

I pinged LRG and Doug to let them know they should fix it on Twitter, wouldn't be surprised if they cancel but since the 2% is 'technically' part of the morning allotment maybe they won't care

There's a video on Youtube showing the sellout in real-time, and they dropped the limit to 1 on the standard at just over two minutes into the sale. I think that's the first time they've done that mid-sale.

I pinged LRG and Doug to let them know they should fix it on Twitter, wouldn't be surprised if they cancel but since the 2% is 'technically' part of the morning allotment maybe they won't care
If they cancel it then that's how it goes. The charge already posted. I guess since they said on twitter they were staying off twitter till the 6pm listings and it's kind of crazy the backlash, they may not notice.

There's a video on Youtube showing the sellout in real-time, and they dropped the limit to 1 on the standard at just over two minutes into the sale. I think that's the first time they've done that mid-sale.
That is probably why I got F'd out of my 2 that I added to cart. Will prob get this alt method cancelled as well. Oh well.

If they cancel it then that's how it goes. The charge already posted. I guess since they said on twitter they were staying off twitter till the 6pm listings and it's kind of crazy the backlash, they may not notice.
yeah, I put one in to test it, I already got the CE so if it cancels oh well

That is probably why I got F'd out of my 2 that I added to cart. Will prob get this alt method cancelled as well. Oh well.
I think there's a good chance the alt will work. I got my email order receipt and my charge alert from my cc company. Everything looks normal. Hopefully the alt method sells out fairly quick.

PC gamers have fused with the internet and embraced the digital media future. They care not for boxes.
True. I only know a handful of people who collect boxed PC stuff. I personally like the boxes and artwork, but hate how hard they are to store due to the size. I also don't really play PC games at the moment due to needing to upgrade and the cost involved.

High profile releases like these should be 1 per person from the get go. Srsly.

Or at least dont underestimate the demand
I think all releases should be limited to 1 per person. I would also be into seeing games offered with digital codes for those who are interested. I wouldn't mind paying an extra $5 or $10 to get a digital copy of some of these games too.

My guess is Doug is canceling duplicates which are going back into the inventory system, maybe, 2% is somewhere around 100 copies

edit: actually I guess it's less than 100, I don't know how big the morning batch was

One positive to add . I now have my info stored with LRG and I noticed on checkout that the phone number field on iPhone gives the option to auto populate. So future orders should be easier for me. I just need to stick with the phone method.

One positive to add . I now have my info stored with LRG and I noticed on checkout that the phone number field on iPhone gives the option to auto populate. So future orders should be easier for me. I just need to stick with the phone method.
my LRG account has all my necessary info saved beyond the CC, I think the phone field is also afaik, I haven't been having to add it. Goodluck to anyone putting an order in rn

Someone asked how people get everything they need in one order- here's my process.

At 8:50(10 minutes prior for me), I get my ass out of bed, and open LRG.com
I open a separate tab for every game I want.
At 8:55 I log in to PayPal/LRG
I wait until the countdown timer hits 00:00:00 and then manually refresh each tab
I add each item to cart, then go to the next tab, repeat until all are in my cart
Checkout using PayPal (DO NOT CHECK THE "REMEMBER ME" BOX), with my address/cards preloaded
Sit back, have a nice cold pint, and wait for all of this to blow over.

This is going to piss someone off, or someone is about to get very lucky, and frankly LRG might cancel you order, but since the site still technically has 2% stock available, you should be able to snag one of those copies. If you login, and go to this link, you should be able to complete checkout for one of the 2% copies that are 'in stock' on the site. Goodluck/Havefun.

Thanks. Just got my copy. Will try again at 6 pm just incase this order ends up cancelled. Game has sentimental value to me for reasons I won't go into. But thanks, really appreciate it.

fuck....I just got caught up on the thread.  Read through all the salt and just feel a need to say this.

Now I don't stick my head out often around here, but hell.  Now I've said this before, I hate scalpers as much the next guy.  I'm not trying to start another debate or anything just telling you where I stand.  Do I wish they didn't exsit, sure.  Am I going to call out the douchebag ahead of me in line at Best Buy who buys up all the SNES classics next month?  You damn bet I am.  However I've accept the fact there always going to exist.  Constantly complaining on a daily basis makes me want to have nothing to do with you as much as them.  But hell at least the guy who shall not be named that is driving us all insane about "Chris" is putting the blame where it belongs, on the scalper not on LRG. 

I've watch these guys go well beyond any one other place in order to try to combat scalpers.  For pete's sake Doomstink been a CAG here for 10 years, long before LRG was ever even conceived.  He stll actually comes here listens to our concerns, questions, criticisms, and for some of us inane bullshit we spew.  He actually engages us for real, instead of spoon feeding us some flaky corporate answer.  Can you name any other company that does that?  Also remember no matter how good of a job they do, no matter what measures they put in place, there is always going to be fraction who find a way around the system.  It's never going to be perfect. That's just a fact of life.

People need to remember that they're not Amazon, they're not Nintendo, they're some big time company with the financial backing to do things differently.  As much as they have grown since the start, they're still a small company, composed of a handful of people, with limited resources, doing they best they can.  Give em a break, geesh. 

Also before anyone even retorts it.  Is there going to come a day where I miss out on a title?  The law of averages says it's going to happen sooner or later.  Is it going to be due from trying my damnedest fighting for a copy and just not lucking out?  Maybe.  It's more likely going to be due to my own incompetence by not remembering what day it is and totally forgetting about it, but that's my problem.  Point is when that day comes, am I going to be a little bit salty about it?  Sure.  Might I vent a bit about my disdain for el hoardo for profit species as a whole?  Most likely.  Am I going to sit there and blame Josh, Doug, & everyone else at LRG?  Hell no. 

In closing sorry for the tirade.  I will now go back to my dark corner of misery and silence and constantly refill my new "Existence is pain" shot glass my niece just got me.  Best of luck to those at 6.

fuck....I just got caught up on the thread. Read through all the salt and just feel a need to say this.

Now I don't stick my head out often around here, but hell. Now I've said this before, I hate scalpers as much the next guy. I'm not trying to start another debate or anything just telling you where I stand. Do I wish they didn't exsit, sure. Am I going to call out the douchebag ahead of me in line at Best Buy who buys up all the SNES classics next month? You damn bet I am. However I've accept the fact there always going to exist. Constantly complaining on a daily basis makes me want to have nothing to do with you as much as them. But hell at least the guy who shall not be named that is driving us all insane about "Chris" is putting the blame where it belongs, on the scalper not on LRG.

I've watch these guys go well beyond any one other place in order to try to combat scalpers. For pete's sake Doomstink been a CAG here for 10 years, long before LRG was ever even conceived. He stll actually comes here listens to our concerns, questions, criticisms, and for some of us inane bullshit we spew. He actually engages us for real, instead of spoon feeding us some flaky corporate answer. Can you name any other company that does that? Also remember no matter how good of a job they do, no matter what measures they put in place, there is always going to be fraction who find a way around the system. It's never going to be perfect. That's just a fact of life.

People need to remember that they're not Amazon, they're not Nintendo, they're some big time company with the financial backing to do things differently. As much as they have grown since the start, they're still a small company, composed of a handful of people, with limited resources, doing they best they can. Give em a break, geesh.

Also before anyone even retorts it. Is there going to come a day where I miss out on a title? The law of averages says it's going to happen sooner or later. Is it going to be due from trying my damnedest fighting for a copy and just not lucking out? Maybe. It's more likely going to be due to my own incompetence by not remembering what day it is and totally forgetting about it, but that's my problem. Point is when that day comes, am I going to be a little bit salty about it? Sure. Might I vent a bit about my disdain for el hoardo for profit species as a whole? Most likely. Am I going to sit there and blame Josh, Doug, & everyone else at LRG? Hell no.

In closing sorry for the tirade. I will now go back to my dark corner of misery and silence and constantly refill my new "Existence is pain" shot glass my niece just got me. Best of luck to those at 6.
what kinda shots are you taking

bread's done
Back