Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
lol. First batch I lose out because their Games page didn't load the CE and this batch I lose out because Paypal gave me the logged you out or w/e message and then wouldn't let me check out. I see the clear your cache/cookies or simply use main page solution was posted for the first issue but can someone tell me how to avoid the Paypal error in the future? I've seen other people mention it but it's never happened to me before.

This is the first time I ever missed an order that I wanted from LRG and I've purchased almost all of their releases.

I lucked out, was able to order the vinyl, SE, stand-alone, and a copy of the Bunker in the same order. All the NT stuff was showing out of stock after loading the LRG home page immediately after placing my order. Got my order confirmation email at 3:01PM PST.

lol. First batch I lose out because their Games page didn't load the CE and this batch I lose out because Paypal gave me the logged you out or w/e message and then wouldn't let me check out. I see the clear your cache/cookies or simply use main page solution was posted for the first issue but can someone tell me how to avoid the Paypal error in the future? I've seen other people mention it but it's never happened to me before.

This is the first time I ever missed an order that I wanted from LRG and I've purchased almost all of their releases.
I'm not sure how much it would have helped anyway. I was checking out super fast with no errors and still came away empty handed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went ahead and secured a copy legit. Was afraid the one bought with the "exploit" would be cancelled. Not trying to circumvent the rules. Only wanted 1 for myself. How do you request a cancellation? They won't cancel both of them on me, will they?

I think I'm done with LRG. Second week in a row I tried to checkout the $209 bundle with PP and this message showed up. I saw last week on their Twitter feed that many other people got the same message. This a screen shot from last week
attachicon.gif
IMG_0439.PNG
One thing about buying is never ever use wireless to buy things that will sell out quick since wireless networks speed fluctuate and can be slower than wired LAN.

Sad.  Had the CE in my cart but it sold out while in queue, and by the time I got the regular edition in  cart that was gone too.

63  of them are already on ebay...

One thing about buying is never ever use wireless to buy things that will sell out quick since wireless networks are slower than wired LAN.
It really shouldn't matter when you have the items in cart and their system states you are in line to check out. Sadly shortly after they remove the items because there sold out? It makes absolutely no sense....

Even though I got the NT CE just now, its getting very stressful ordering these LRG games. I cant imagine when Ys Origin becomes available. I got Night Trap because of nostalgia and the rare factor, but Ys is actually a good game to play on top of the other reasons to get it. It will be a bloodbath I think.

F U LRG and your piece of sh*t website and setup.

When I cant get an item ONE SECOND after it's available.

And what's with all the reconciling address/shipping/payment/etc??? It's the SAME as last F-ing time!!!

Even though I got the NT CE just now, its getting very stressful ordering these LRG games. I cant imagine when Ys Origin becomes available. I got Night Trap because of nostalgia and the rare factor, but Ys is actually a good game to play on top of the other reasons to get it. It will be a bloodbath I think.
I think Ys and CSH will have large enough qty's where it shouldn't be a big issue, at least not in a few minutes of time anyways.

The only issue I've ever had with LRG is when you hit refresh when the clock hits 0:00 the add to cart button decides to not show up.

I got one in the morning, didn't try for one in the afternoon, but a friend of mine did. He said he sat there and hit F5 and the add to cart button never showed and then it was sold out. So I guess that happens to others too.

Where were all these people a few years ago, when less than 700 of us supported the project on Kickstarter?  Looks like i will have to wait a little bit for the ebay prices to come down. 

Seems like some El Hoardo people out there figured out how to abuse the system pretty hard for this release. I saw it go up at 6pm EST with 100% stock and the add to cart button, but I have no interest in FMV games so wasn't going to buy it regardless.

have they said what the run will be for Y's? also wouldn't be surprised if theres an asian eng release for that maybe

I was on there at 6:01est and it already said sold out. If my direct URL order holds I'll be ok at least. So far no cancellation. I'm not sure why at this point they'd bother cancelling since the game is sold out.

Wasn't going to get anything but the hype got the better of me. Landed a regular PS4 Night Trap this evening. Ys CE for Vita will be the first time I'm ultra-worried about not being able to get something from LRG. That game, regardless if they print a ton, will go faster than Night Trap.

The only issue I've ever had with LRG is when you hit refresh when the clock hits 0:00 the add to cart button decides to not show up.

I got one in the morning, didn't try for one in the afternoon, but a friend of mine did. He said he sat there and hit F5 and the add to cart button never showed and then it was sold out. So I guess that happens to others too.
Yeah I was F5ing just the NT CE and after several seconds passed without it showing up, I clicked back to main page and back into the listing so I could finally add to cart. Still can't believe I got one given all the various confirm/complete buttons I had to click even with PayPal already logged in and all info already loaded including phone number.

For me, I'm a physical game supporter. I've been buying all of LRGs games since I found out about them, but now that batches are being very low on highly anticipated games, the resellers are coming in drones, the games are becoming too much of hassle to get. I think I've spent about $2500 with LRG since last year but I guess I'll just save money not wasting my time trying to get them anymore.

Where were all these people a few years ago, when less than 700 of us supported the project on Kickstarter? Looks like i will have to wait a little bit for the ebay prices to come down.
There's a big difference between buying a finished project and pledging towards a poorly planned Kickstarter that had little chance of turning out a successful product.

Why arent more of you guys that want this jumping on the pc version?

Screw this. LRG, I appreciate what you guys do, but you just HAVE to figure out another way to sell your games. Now HUNDREDS of copies of these games are on Amazon and Ebay and no one else, save for a few lucky CAGs, who wants them for their actual price can get them. I was on AT 6pm on the dot, I had paypal logged in, LRG logged in, added the item to my cart and then it lagged and lagged during the loading of the cart screen and then the checkout screen and i was on the final page, almost got it, and BAM, sold out. My girlfriend was at home and she tried to order too and the same thing happened, gone in 60 seconds.

How is this possible at all? A simple locking of a copy if I add it to my cart in time would fix a HUGE part of this problem.

I'm just done. First time trying to use LRG and last time I guess. Just chsnge the namr to Limited Scalper Games and call it a day. Those of you who got one and actually wanted it to keep and play amd not try to turn a profit, congrats and I hope you guys enjoy it as I would have.

Now those thousands of us who wanted the game for our collection and to actually play it and enjoy it are out of luck cuz NO effing way am I paying some scumbag scalper 3x the price for the game. I guess I'll check ebay in a year and see if some scalpers couldnt get a profit and sell it closer to retail.

I am so bummed right now its not even funny. Anyone else get burned by this or am I alone in this predicament?

Third release in a row for me. Been here since the first release. I'm not too salty as I didn't really want the games and I don't need to spend the money on games- but this board is reflecting a general increase in issues getting the releases. Once one of the loudest and proudest has an issue it will be interesting.

Screw this. LRG, I appreciate what you guys do, but you just HAVE to figure out another way to sell your games. Now HUNDREDS of copies of these games are on Amazon and Ebay and no one else, save for a few lucky CAGs, who wants them for their actual price can get them. I was on AT 6pm on the dot, I had paypal logged in, LRG logged in, added the item to my cart and then it lagged and lagged during the loading of the cart screen and then the checkout screen and i was on the final page, almost got it, and BAM, sold out. My girlfriend was at home and she tried to order too and the same thing happened, gone in 60 seconds.

How is this possible at all? A simple locking of a copy if I add it to my cart in time would fix a HUGE part of this problem.

I'm just done. First time trying to use LRG and last time I guess. Just chsnge the namr to Limited Scalper Games and call it a day. Those of you who got one and actually wanted it to keep and play amd not try to turn a profit, congrats and I hope you guys enjoy it as I would have.

Now those thousands of us who wanted the game for our collection and to actually play it and enjoy it are out of luck cuz NO effing way am I paying some scumbag scalper 3x the price for the game. I guess I'll check ebay in a year and see if some scalpers couldnt get a profit and sell it closer to retail.

I am so bummed right now its not even funny. Anyone else get burned by this or am I alone in this predicament?
Just because you won't pay those prices doesn't mean hundreds of others won't be tripping over themselves to give me money, the best part being not a single one of them whine about it.

I didn't add the shipping box to my ce order in my haste. There's no way they would send that in anything but a box, right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk

I think Ys and CSH will have large enough qty's where it shouldn't be a big issue, at least not in a few minutes of time anyways.
I wouldn't count on it with Ys. They posted on NeoGAF earlier today saying that their still concerned about Ys selling well due to the existence of the Asian version. It sounds like they probably erred on the extreme side of caution when choosing a print run again.

Third release in a row for me. Been here since the first release. I'm not too salty as I didn't really want the games and I don't need to spend the money on games- but this board is reflecting a general increase in issues getting the releases. Once one of the loudest and proudest has an issue it will be interesting.
People are worried about North Korea's nukes, this is what'll happen if csbaker misses a LRG release:

5146919-2391506456-sylar.gif

I wouldn't count on it with Ys. They posted on NeoGAF earlier today saying that their still concerned about Ys selling well due to the existence of the Asian version. It sounds like they probably erred on the extreme side of caution when choosing a print run again.
And you can bet that they'll do a limit of 2 for the morning batch. Instant sell out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ula8oi_M4Ww

This is a strange attitude to have. You're so bummed that you missed out on the physical version, but not bummed enough to pay scalper prices. Sounds like you are a prime candidate for the digital version. Does ownership of the physical disc somehow impact your life in a meaningful way?

I didn't add the shipping box to my ce order in my haste. There's no way they would send that in anything but a box, right?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab S using Tapatalk
I am pretty sure back during their first CE, they said all boxed special editions come well packed in a box. Plus, I think they try to use a nice sturdy cardboard on the CEs - none of those glorified paper boxes that get chewed during shipping.

Just because you won't pay those prices doesn't mean hundreds of others won't be tripping over themselves to give me money, the best part being not a single one of them whine about it.
Regardless, it doesn't make it any less of a scumbag thing to do. Scalp them all you want, obviously I can't change that. I guess my moral standards and my expectation that mankind is a generally helpful and courteous species is wrong and we are all just surrounded by people out to make a quick buck.

If buying games and selling them for 3x the price is your thing that gets you off, then you do you. As for me, I'd rather help my fellow CAGs get stuff rather than fill my own pockets, but again, that's just me.

If you got a copy just for scalping, then I can't say anything but congrats to you for getting one if you did it without any exploitation, however what you do with it after, if that thing is to hold it for ransom for 3x the price, then again, that makes you a scumbag.

But I know battling an internet warrior is useless so I won't waste more time on the subject. I use CAG to find great deals and help others get what they need. If I had 2 copies i'd sell it at retail + shipping for someone who I knew wanted it to actually keep, but again, that's just me.

Yeah, pretty much my sentiments. At the risk of sounding like everyone else who didn't make the cut, I'm just a little bitter that I was robbed of the CE after being prompted to input my phone number despite it already being in the system. At this point, LRG is catering to scalpers as much as Nintendo does, and scalpers are realizing this as more and more copies appear on eBay and these releases become harder and harder to obtain.

I lucked out, was able to order the vinyl, SE, stand-alone, and a copy of the Bunker in the same order. All the NT stuff was showing out of stock after loading the LRG home page immediately after placing my order. Got my order confirmation email at 3:01PM PST.
Got my order confirmation at the same time too. It felt like forever during checkout with paypal but at least I got it after missing out in the morning.

bread's done
Back