Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I believe that's a restock, because it was marked as sold out before.

I'm guessing they had some people cancel because they weren't able to get their codes in time, so they probably dumped them back on to be sold since it's not like they're "collectible" anyways, or part of their actual collection line.

I still don't understand why people bought this game...
Online only or not, like Final Fantasy XIV for example, and all games produced by LRG, it is an official Sony numbered ESRB/NA release for the NA PS4 library. If you are a NA collector you have to have it.

Online only or not, like Final Fantasy XIV for example, and all games produced by LRG, it is an official Sony numbered ESRB/NA release for the NA PS4 library. If you are a NA collector you have to have it.
I have every LRG PS4 release and I will never care that Lawbreakers is missing from my collection...

I have every LRG PS4 release and I will never care that Lawbreakers is missing from my collection...
I'm glad LRG got to sell a more high profile title, and put some funds in their pockets because of it, but I didn't personally see the need for this release either. If I was collecting PS4 titles, I probably would have passed this one over as well.

I'm glad LRG got to sell a more high profile title, and put some funds in their pockets because of it, but I didn't personally see the need for this release either. If I was collecting PS4 titles, I probably would have passed this one over as well.
Doug discussed a bit about why they did Lawbreakers in the video. Basically it was a combination of getting along with the devs who are local neighbours in NC, and a comfirmation of my theory that doing a high profile release of a recent AAA type game like Lawbreakers would help LRG negotiate future contracts with bigger fish by allowing LRG to answer the question, "Pshh, who are you and why would we want to work with you?" with "We did x, y, and z big name games that you recognize, so you can take us seriously".

My super ultra limited 1 of 1 copy LRG artwork from Douglas :rofl:
1111.jpg
Cool, but you just degraded the value by making digital copies. Now everyone in this forum has one...

Lawbreakers
Big name
Good devs

Pick one. Cliffy B is a B can't believe anyone supporting him after saying F gamers.

Last edited by a moderator:
AAA type game like Lawbreakers
I see the point of view you were going with here, but I can't agree that Lawbreakers is AAA or that very many ever even saw it as such. While it's a very subjective term, I don't think it was promoted enough nor does it have the major studio backing to be what most would consider "AAA". Cliff Bleszinski's attachment to it might make it feel that way, though.

I see the point of view you were going with here, but I can't agree that Lawbreakers is AAA or that very many ever even saw it as such. While it's a very subjective term, I don't think it was promoted enough nor does it have the major studio backing to be what most would consider "AAA". Cliff Bleszinski's attachment to it might make it feel that way, though.
I think that could MAYBE be classified as AA, but not AAA.

Received Jotun today and the disc is loose in the case. This is the 3rd LRG game I've received this way :(
A few weeks ago when Best Buy had Black Friday deals, I bought four PS4 games, two of them, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and God of War III Remastered, came loose. I was able to reset GoW, but had to open Uncharted to reset the disc (I don't have a PS4 yet, so I otherwise keep my PS4 games sealed until I do).

Suffice to say, as many have stated in the past, this is not a LRG issue, it's a Sony game case issue.

On that Mo Game Con Video, I watched it on PC with earbuds. I understood pretty much everything Doug said. The people asking questions though were mostly unintelligible. I found it too hard to listen to over my iphone7 speakers. It probably would have been fine with earbuds/headphones.

I can't agree that Lawbreakers is AAA or that very many ever even saw it as such.
Until the LRG release I honestly had no idea what the game even was and might never have known. Then again that's not very unsual.

I see the point of view you were going with here
Doug is the one that called it AAA in that MO Game Con video, phoenixlau was just summing up what Doug said.

A few weeks ago when Best Buy had Black Friday deals, I bought four PS4 games, two of them, Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection, and God of War III Remastered, came loose. I was able to reset GoW, but had to open Uncharted to reset the disc (I don't have a PS4 yet, so I otherwise keep my PS4 games sealed until I do).

Suffice to say, as many have stated in the past, this is not a LRG issue, it's a Sony game case issue.
The PS4 cases are terrible and make loose discs likely. It doesn't take much for them to pop out. That being said, shipping them in a box is going to decrease the chances. There is just no way it can't. The odds of pressure hitting the back of the case when a game is shipped in an envelope is so much more likely than if it's shipped in a cardboard box. The day I get a loose disc when a PS4 game is shipped in a box will be the day I say "maybe it doesn't make a difference". I'm glad LRG offers up the shipping box option and I'm even more glad it's now only $2 extra.

The PS4 cases are terrible and make loose discs likely. It doesn't take much for them to pop out. That being said, shipping them in a box is going to decrease the chances. There is just no way it can't. The odds of pressure hitting the back of the case when a game is shipped in an envelope is so much more likely than if it's shipped in a cardboard box. The day I get a loose disc when a PS4 game is shipped in a box will be the day I say "maybe it doesn't make a difference". I'm glad LRG offers up the shipping box option and I'm even more glad it's now only $2 extra.
Definitely this.

The cases definitely have a defect in their design, but a box solves most of this. Bubble wrapped items in a box, even more likely to prevent the problem.

It's like those that complain about LRG ripping items from their carts because they don't know how the reserve systems works. If you want an item to show up in perfect condition the best chances for that are basic bubble wrap and a box and maybe some packing peanuts for any air gaps since multiple items shifting around in the same box could damage one another.

I actually don't think boxes help that much with loose discs with how LRG ships them... a game in a box is still susceptible to "shocks" from the shipping box falling. If the games were bubble wrap and whatnot, that'd be much better. With that said, I obviously still prefer the boxes to bubble mailers... I got a few LRG games with surface damage (punctures, ripped shrinkwrap) that were shipped in bubblemailers. So such issues with games in boxes.

I actually don't think boxes help that much with loose discs with how LRG ships them... a game in a box is still susceptible to "shocks" from the shipping box falling. If the games were bubble wrap and whatnot, that'd be much better. With that said, I obviously still prefer the boxes to bubble mailers... I got a few LRG games with surface damage (punctures, ripped shrinkwrap) that were shipped in bubblemailers. So such issues with games in boxes.
Yep, I have received many floater PS4 games shipped by Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop in a box. I do think it may help in some marginal situations, but it's not a perfect solution.

Definitely this.

The cases definitely have a defect in their design, but a box solves most of this. Bubble wrapped items in a box, even more likely to prevent the problem.

It's like those that complain about LRG ripping items from their carts because they don't know how the reserve systems works. If you want an item to show up in perfect condition the best chances for that are basic bubble wrap and a box and maybe some packing peanuts for any air gaps since multiple items shifting around in the same box could damage one another.
i never gotten a loose disc from LRG when it came in a box. i always get loose disc from LRG if it comes in a bubble envelope. i do happen to get once or twice from Best Buy and Amazon. they all shipped in a bubble envelope. 90% of the time i dont get a loose disc out of all the places i bought from.

Every other game I get from everywhere is loose disc.  PS4 cases suck.

I had one yesterday that popped back in easy enough but if you struck the edge of the case too hard it still popped out.

Used a 1000 lumen light to "xray" the case and confirm the disc was secured and all 3 prongs were upright and not bent and the disk was below the the little fish hook like ramp nubs on the sides on all 3 pegs.  But it still popped out just hitting the edge against my hand 90 degrees to the spindle.

Just the softness of the plastic and loose tolerances on the cases makes it easy to pop loose.

Has anyone here ever combined multiple orders via support ticket?

I followed the instructions on sale day and received a Google form to fill out a few days later and my support ticket was closed yesterday.  When should I expect to receive the Shopify notifications signalling my request was successfully processed?  Also, will receiving two Blu-rays together bump up my packaging from bubble mailer to box?

I'm taking a break this week. I could see N++ going OOS faster than LiLi, but I dunno...
It will be interesting to see if the minor backlash over the fact that the Ulitmate edition DLC is not included slows down sales. Somehow I doubt it although release fatigue in general from the last two weeks and the anticipation of Ys might reduce demand a good bit tomorrow.

Yep, I have received many floater PS4 games shipped by Amazon, Best Buy and Gamestop in a box. I do think it may help in some marginal situations, but it's not a perfect solution.
And those were likely "floating" before they even got to the box. I have no idea what goes on in those big fulfillment centers, but I picture items being thrown around, placed in bins, sent off on conveyors....

Look, somehow it became a popular experiment for children to figure out how to drop an egg from a great height without it breaking. Shipping a PS4 game so that the back of the case doesn't suffer impact in transit can't be impossible. I get styrofoam and bubble wrap can also just exert pressure on the back of the case upon impact as well, but if a box is sturdy enough, it is not as likely.

I trust that a box is not a 100% guarantee. I won't ever believe it doesn't dramatically drop the odds of getting a floater, though.

Personally, I'm more annoyed by creased cover art than floaters. And then there's the horrible and almost unavoidable indentations in cover art from those hollowed-out circular rings in the back of the case. It's tough caring about such silly stuff.

As much as i love LRG i really wish they put a place on the site with the shipping status off all their games.

still waiting on last 3 orders to ship. i been buying from them since the start so i know the wait game and i am alright with it. 

But i wish i could have a one click to info on when they shipping and delays. Kinda a lot of money tied up in games to have to dig around for info.

if you guys notice a place  plzs pop a link up

As much as i love LRG i really wish they put a place on the site with the shipping status off all their games.

still waiting on last 3 orders to ship. i been buying from them since the start so i know the wait game and i am alright with it.

But i wish i could have a one click to info on when they shipping and delays. Kinda a lot of money tied up in games to have to dig around for info.

if you guys notice a place plzs pop a link up
Having a status page is actually a pretty good idea, you get my vote.

we're not talking about the Order Page right? the one that says fulfilled, unfufiled.
naa was thinking of a place to show all games and the info of when they should be starting to ship or if a game is going to be delayed and hold your order back. like plague road vita. i thought i heard it might be delayed and holding order back? it would just be nice to have an easy way to see without having to search all over for info.

naa was thinking of a place to show all games and the info of when they should be starting to ship or if a game is going to be delayed and hold your order back. like plague road vita. i thought i heard it might be delayed and holding order back? it would just be nice to have an easy way to see without having to search all over for info.
Normally they post on twitter, or whatnot when they are waiting on cards, or some other item to delay a game shipping. But it would be nice to just have a status box or something on the front page showing maybe the last 10 titles released, and there shipping status(started shipping, starts on a certain date, delayed, etc).

I'm sure a great amount of emails they get daily are in regards to buyers, and when their orders may be shipping, so it would probably be something worth looking in to at least.

I know I'm gonna try and grab Lili, but I'm so on the fence about N++. I don't know if I want to put myself through that again. N+ while fun, got brutal towards the end. And the co-op mode. Friendships were tested, lol.

What's the difference between standard Lili and the CE which is priced at 40. I only see an art book , that's about it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Normally they post on twitter, or whatnot when they are waiting on cards, or some other item to delay a game shipping. But it would be nice to just have a status box or something on the front page showing maybe the last 10 titles released, and there shipping status(started shipping, starts on a certain date, delayed, etc).

I'm sure a great amount of emails they get daily are in regards to buyers, and when their orders may be shipping, so it would probably be something worth looking in to at least.
They've been so transparent with their shipping process anyway that I think this idea might be worth it, too. Hell, we've seen Josh come to this thread pretty regularly and spend his time answering exactly these kinds of questions. I'm sure they'd still get a ton of emails and tweets from people who don't bother to check the site for updates, but having a page to refer everyone to might still save them a little work.

On the other hand, it might be unnecessary in a few months when (or if, lol) things start to slow down for them. But even then I'd think it would be helpful for both them and us.

On the other hand, it might be unnecessary in a few months when (or if, lol) things start to slow down for them. But even then I'd think it would be helpful for both them and us.
Well, I believe the slow down isn't planned until 2018, but I'm sure if and when that does take place, it may not be needed then. But for now, they are way behind on many releases, and where I'm personally in no rush for my games, it's good to know what the delay is from time to time and when an item actually begins to start shipping.

I would never contact them for such issues, but I know I'm probably in the minority, so it may be in their best interest to make some kind of attempt to inform at some place on their site, where the most eyeballs can get the info.

bread's done
Back