Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Did any long time cag lrg collector's miss NT?
Yeah I missed it. Makes for a sad panda :(

hugpanda.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I missed it. Makes for a sad panda :(
Keep your fingers crossed, as a Vita version was hinted at awhile back, so we may see another round of at least standard editions. And since so many missed out on the CE side, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered it again for the Vita game(if it ever happens of course).

I missed Night Trap also, hoping the wait list method works out. Excited to pick up Ys tomorrow though!

I can't decide if I really want to get the CE though. Might just go for the regular edition for both systems.

I really hope the waitlist for NT is going to work out for me as well.. I'll be going to PAX so fingers crossed hoping they'll magically have some.

Going to try for a CE of Ys, no since not trying to get one of those as if I whiff, the regular won't run out

Keep your fingers crossed, as a Vita version was hinted at awhile back, so we may see another round of at least standard editions. And since so many missed out on the CE side, I wouldn't be surprised if they offered it again for the Vita game(if it ever happens of course).
really i didn't hear that, a vita version would be AWESOME.

really i didn't hear that, a vita version would be AWESOME.
Yeah, about a month or two back, the new developer for the 25th Anniversary Edition showed a Vita development kit box on social media, with some cryptic message. I can't find it now, but considering the guy only has one current game, it was safe to assume Night Trap was what the kit was for. So no official announcement has been made, but considering how well the PS4 version sold, the Vita seems a given, but some of these places seem to be allergic to money, so who knows? LOL

I wonder how many of these "bundles" There doing since as they state in the listing it can affect their other inventory of the items in the bundle. 

I like the bundles but it seems like a trap if the quantities are very low.  Safer to just buy the 2 games separately (but you miss out on the 2 bonus cards).

Received 2 shipments from LRG this week (the Wonder Boy CE is great), Shadow Warrior 2 from Special Reserve Games, and Guacamelee is on the way.  It was a good week!

Received 2 shipments from LRG this week (the Wonder Boy CE is great), Shadow Warrior 2 from Special Reserve Games, and Guacamelee is on the way. It was a good week!
I always imagine a mail truck rolling through the neighborhood and getting to my house and *SPLAT* like a Diablo boss loot explosion some days.

I like the bundles but it seems like a trap if the quantities are very low. Safer to just buy the 2 games separately (but you miss out on the 2 bonus cards).

Received 2 shipments from LRG this week (the Wonder Boy CE is great), Shadow Warrior 2 from Special Reserve Games, and Guacamelee is on the way. It was a good week!
im still waiting for all of those.

I'm not going to even try to get Ys CE  :( it will be sold out by the time I checkout.

It's just the reality when people like Chris from 90012 can buy 5 + copies of every release

and flip a couple of CE on ebay for 200+ profit, there is no way he's not gonna keep doing that, 

and I can't compete with him and his bots. 

I wish LRG would do something about this, cause the fun of getting all these LRG games

is gone. You shouldn't have to fight scalpers. Same goes for Nintendo and the SNES classic, it's just frustrating cause the guys from LRG seem to listen to most suggestions. 

They shouldn't call the collectors editions, since collectors can't buy them. They should call them Reseller Editions. 

I'm not going to even try to get Ys CE :( it will be sold out by the time I checkout.

It's just the reality when people like Chris from 90012 can buy 5 + copies of every release

and flip a couple of CE on ebay for 200+ profit, there is no way he's not gonna keep doing that,

and I can't compete with him and his bots.

I wish LRG would do something about this, cause the fun of getting all these LRG games

is gone. You shouldn't have to fight scalpers. Same goes for Nintendo and the SNES classic, it's just frustrating cause the guys from LRG seem to listen to most suggestions.

They shouldn't call the collectors editions, since collectors can't buy them. They should call them Reseller Editions.
Wow, you joined less than a week ago and on your fourth post you're already talking about Chris. I wonder who you could be?

Wow, you joined less than a week ago and on your fourth post you're already talking about Chris. I wonder who you could be?
^Well, I'm stumped.

Debating on whether I should get the CE or not. Extras doesn't seem worth the money. $25 on top is a lot for a a relatively small (in terms of pages) artbook and poster.

Gonna need to sleep on this..

^Well, I'm stumped.

Debating on whether I should get the CE or not. Extras doesn't seem worth the money. $25 on top is a lot for a a relatively small (in terms of pages) artbook and poster.

Gonna need to sleep on this..
The way I see it is if you're paying a premium for a physical game (which you are for Ys Origin, even if you're getting the standard version), you might as well pay the $25 to get the most "limited" version. Ys is a series worth supporting too, unlike the trashy mobile port

Just so you all know, Ys Origins (besides the CE) will not be shipping until Early October. I guess the only ones they have on hand are the CE?

I realize most of you don't play the games but...is Asdivine Hearts any good? I can mostly find reviews that talk about it on ipad.

I know it's Kemco but I'm kind of itching for an old school rpg lately.

I realize most of you don't play the games but...is Asdivine Hearts any good? I can mostly find reviews that talk about it on ipad.

All of the reviews I've seen for it were very very mixed. It's available in the PS network store for $15. I'll be buying it there when I can find another deal on PSN cards.

hell no, its a kemco mobile game. straight garb. pass pass pass there's plenty of much better choices for "old school rpg" nostalgia

All of the reviews I've seen for it were very very mixed. It's available in the PS network store for $15. I'll be buying it there when I can find another deal on PSN cards.
... and for $15 it is cross-buy on Vita and PS4. I have a complete LRG Vita set, but I might pass on Asdivine Hearts.

I'm getting a bit antsy waiting for them to announce next month's games. I want to know what they are so I can adjust my budget in accordance with whether they are games I want. Haha. August was huge but September will supposedly be only two game releases for the whole month. 

Yeah, I'm under more a bit of a more strict budget as well and September is really packed for me.

I'll probably just let Ys VIII be my first Ys game, and then I can regret missing Ys Origin if I love VIII :p

There's something appealing about Asdivine Hearts. It strikes me more as a game that you wouldn't expect to get a physical version ever, but I'll probably pass on that too.

If this pre-order thing works you NEED to try and get the secret of mana remake coming out next year a physical copy.

It's out on both ps4 and vita digital only NA.

Yeah, I'm under more a bit of a more strict budget as well and September is really packed for me.

I'll probably just let Ys VIII be my first Ys game, and then I can regret missing Ys Origin if I love VIII :p

There's something appealing about Asdivine Hearts. It strikes me more as a game that you wouldn't expect to get a physical version ever, but I'll probably pass on that too.
I feel ya. September and October are both packed full of releases for me. August has also been pretty crazy, right now I am going to go for the Y's Collector's Edition. I may just get the standard edition though and save myself some money. I like the Y's series, but I am by no means a super fan and the CE is appealing for two reasons, that nice packaging and the fact that it's limited to 3,000 copies and the regular edition is not.

If you have the cash, I would say go ahead and eat the 35 dollars and at least get the Ys Origins standard edition. It's the type of situation where if you need to sell the game later you can likely get all of your money back, but if you decide you want it later you will likely have to spend more.

My big purchase for September is going to be Fallout 4 GOTY, it's the type of game I should probably wait until Black Friday for to get cheaper, but I skipped vanilla Fallout 4 knowing a complete edition was going to get released, and really want to treat myself as I've been waiting so long. I haven't spent full MSRP on a big release in a long time, so that eats into some of my LRG money.

If you have the cash, I would say go ahead and eat the 35 dollars and at least get the Ys Origins standard edition. It's the type of situation where if you need to sell the game later you can likely get all of your money back, but if you decide you want it later you will likely have to spend more.

My big purchase for September is going to be Fallout 4 GOTY, it's the type of game I should probably wait until Black Friday for to get cheaper, but I skipped vanilla Fallout 4 knowing a complete edition was going to get released, and really want to treat myself as I've been waiting so long. I haven't spent full MSRP on a big release in a long time, so that eats into some of my LRG money.
You're not wrong. I'll consider that. I generally dislike reselling something just because I don't like to invest the time in it, even if it's not much required. But if cash is the concern I guess there are ways around it. Bonus points that this one's a pre-order so I won't be nabbing some diehard fan's copy with a "better safe than sorry" approach, too :p

If this pre-order thing works you NEED to try and get the secret of mana remake coming out next year a physical copy.

It's out on both ps4 and vita digital only NA.
One can hope, but after I Am Setsuna staying digital-only and physical copies of Lost Sphear being a Square-Enix Store exclusive, it seems unlikely. That's a pity because I would 100% buy a physical copy of Secret of Mana from anywhere other than their online store.

Told my co-worker the same thing with Night Trap a few weeks ago and he ordered a copy. Told him if he didn't like it, I would take the copy off his hands for what he paid even though I already have a copy on the way.

I need to return to Fallout 4, I bought the PipBoy edition on Xbox One and the standard edition on PS4 for my wife to play since Fallout is her favorite game series. She ended up getting the DLC on PS4 and playing through the game and DLC. I on the other hand played for about 8 hours and shelved the game and moved onto to something else.

I'm confused here, I thought that YsO standard wasn't going to have cover variants (outside of the PAX West one), but it's pictured with two different covers? 

Also, why is YsO standard one of the numbered games? It's a pre-order, shouldn't it be un-numbered? 

Alright I have a question. I'm looking to buy Ys CE but unsure if I should go for the Vita or PS4. I love collecting for/playing Vita as much as possible but feel like the gameplay/experience will be better on the PS4. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Alright I have a question. I'm looking to buy Ys CE but unsure if I should go for the Vita or PS4. I love collecting for/playing Vita as much as possible but feel like the gameplay/experience will be better on the PS4. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Doug mentioned the PS4 version performs better. So unless you're specifically collecting for the Vita the PS4 option seems like the better route.

I'm confused here, I thought that YsO standard wasn't going to have cover variants (outside of the PAX West one), but it's pictured with two different covers?

Also, why is YsO standard one of the numbered games? It's a pre-order, shouldn't it be un-numbered?
It has a reversible cover. Just because it's a pre-order has nothing to do with whether or not it's part of the main LRG series. Skullgirls will be a numbered release and that was a preorder.

Doug mentioned the PS4 version performs better. So unless you're specifically collecting for the Vita the PS4 option seems like the better route.
Thanks for the reply that really helps. At first I thought about getting the Vita just because it's Vita but feel like PS4 would be better in the long run.

It has a reversible cover. Just because it's a pre-order has nothing to do with whether or not it's part of the main LRG series. Skullgirls will be a numbered release and that was a preorder.
This^

Plus, it wasn't a preorder until just last week, as they already had a set amount planned for production(a fixed amount). That didn't change, they are just adding to the number if need be based on the preorder numbers.

Thanks for the reply that really helps. At first I thought about getting the Vita just because it's Vita but feel like PS4 would be better in the long run.
Yeah I am debating this as well. I love collecting for Vita, but I also love collecting for PS4 and I do have Y's VIII pre-ordered for PS4 as well. I may just opt for the PS4 copy after all and skip the Vita one since it will not run as well.

I have to take a shit, but the bathroom at work has terrible cell signal, so I'll definitely miss out if I go now. This wait is probably the hardest thing I've ever done...

I see, thanks for the clarification. I kept thinking Skullgirls wasn't a number release.

bread's done
Back