Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Awesome, as my wallet is still gasping for air from the last few months. The Vita titles have for sure been slowing down which is great, as I don't mind at all.
If schedule remained like this, like it was when LRG started, I think we'd all be relieved. I have a bad feeling about the end of the year though.....

Hey yall, again, if anyone (well, a majority) is offended by this, please do tell me to fuck right off and I'll stop posting them but -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI8BfJfZFmg&t=5s

I made an unboxing video for both the binder and the display stand! If you'd like to see! 

Not sure if stand/binder review or subtle B&C humble brag like most of these types of videos are.

Last edited by a moderator:
We were not holding back significant numbers of each title last year for returns/replacements. Blind boxes this year are spread out evenly from a bunch of titles. Just as many Night Trap will be blindboxed as Absolute Drift. Since we now try and hold 5 - 10% of a given run back for returns/replacements, it gives us a nice selection for blind boxes. The only thing you won't see in blindboxes right now is the Lili CE.
Well, that's good news I suppose, still doesn't change my experience from last year though, and the game I'm still sitting on that I can't give away. LOL But good to know the odds are much better for getting different games than what the majority ends up with.

If schedule remained like this, like it was when LRG started, I think we'd all be relieved. I have a bad feeling about the end of the year though.....
Yeah, I'm fearing the same, especially after so many things got delayed/pushed back due to that ESRB nonsense. My online sells are pretty good this time of year due to the holidays, but I've also had tons of other expenses that have been popping up here and there, so I may be OK, but maybe not. I guess it just depends on how much we get, and how often. As long as there is no Vita CE, I should be fine with a handful of $25-$30 releases. So I'll keep me fingers crossed.

Well, that's good news I suppose, still doesn't change my experience from last year though, and the game I'm still sitting on that I can't give away. LOL But good to know the odds are much better for getting different games than what the majority ends up with.
Yeah, I bought 4 blind boxes last year, got 3x One Way (already had) and 1x Lost Sea (which I needed).

Hey yall, again, if anyone (well, a majority) is offended by this, please do tell me to fuck right off and I'll stop posting them but -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI8BfJfZFmg&t=5s

I made an unboxing video for both the binder and the display stand! If you'd like to see!
The stand, I understand but why the binder? It is literally a binder with their logo on it, that's it. The card holders can be brought elsewhere so that is not special either. At this point they can put their name on anything and people will buy it.

If they can put their name on things to make money on the side to stay profitable instead of spamming game releases faster than most people can keep up, go for it.

Personally I'm looking forward to the Sega CD/Saturn long box cases.

One of my packages that's still waiting for UPS pick up was just delivered by the USPS... it's like, even the USPS got sick of waiting, picked it up themselves and delivered it.:lol: 

The stand, I understand but why the binder? It is literally a binder with their logo on it, that's it. The card holders can be brought elsewhere so that is not special either. At this point they can put their name on anything and people will buy it.
Well originally I was just tossing them in a box, but the cards were curling on me. I looked at buying the pages on ebay to put in a binder, and they were like $5 for a pack of them. I don't have a binder that isn't being used (I guess I could steal one from work?) but thats another $1 to $2. So thats $7 right there, and LRG said there would be future colors if and when this sold out, so I thought that was neat. So I guess I overpaid $3 for it. If it had been $12+ I would have passed but at $10 it was just right IMO.

So yeah, no real solid reason, but since you asked me specifically, there is how I worked it out in my own head haha.

So yeah, no real solid reason, but since you asked me specifically, there is how I worked it out in my own head haha.
Yeah, at $10 I plan to grab one as well, as I agre, anymore I would probably pass. I don't think I'll ever fill it, but I'll see how it goes once they start offering packs and see what I get.

I received a tracking number last Monday but as of today the package has not moved (still showing pre shipment). Does this mean the item has not shipped yet? Is this normal?

I don't really understand all the hate for Chariot. Its an exceptional girlfriend/wife game that really has you working together rather than having her tag along with you doing everything. The dialogue, though theres not much, has some personality too. Its a stellar pick up and play co-op game.

Didn't they say the Blind Boxes would be in January? IIRC they wanted to wait so that it would apply to next year's taxes.
I hadn't heard that, but cool if it's happening. I would think January would be better for most with the holidays and all. February or March would probably be better still. LOL

I don't really understand all the hate for Chariot.
Whatchu talkin'bout? I didn't see any hate for chariot here. If anything I don't remember much feedback on the game one way or the other.

Thanks to your post, I went and watched some videos on the game and it does look like something I'd throw a buck or two at during a sale. Thankfully I don't have to do that though as it was free on PS+ for the PS3 back in 2015. I have a PS3 hooked up right now to play some Jojo's Bizarre Adventure All-Star Battle which I got this past weekend because my oldest son and I have been watching through the series. So I'll give it a play on PS3. Also for GWG subscribers it was free for X1 at some point. Many people may already own the game and not even know it.

Friday the 13th The Game is also being distributed (the Kickstarter Steelbook Editions) by LRG from what I have heard.  Not sure if anyone cares though lol.

Wasn't Salt & Sanctuary rumored to be released around this time of the year? I wonder what the hold up on that is since it has been out since March on the Vita.

Wasn't Salt & Sanctuary rumored to be released around this time of the year? I wonder what the hold up on that is since it has been out since March on the Vita.
There were issues with the Vita build... they have to rebuild it. Also, the digital release and physical releases of games are different.

Gun Media were the ones behind the Breach & Clear franchise... so it's not a huge surprise that they'd also use LRG to publish Friday the 13th.   Being online only multiplayer (with a bot mode being tacked on soon for offline play)... I wonder if they'll bother doing a cover variant knowing how risky it might be after Lawbreakers.

Gun Media were the ones behind the Breach & Clear franchise... so it's not a huge surprise that they'd also use LRG to publish Friday the 13th. Being online only multiplayer (with a bot mode being tacked on soon for offline play)... I wonder if they'll bother doing a cover variant knowing how risky it might be after Lawbreakers.
Mighty Rabbit and LRG are both founded by Josh

Should be getting my Lawbreakers CE today. Despite the game tanking, doesn't bother me as long as the art book is good quality. 

Mighty Rabbit and LRG are both founded by Josh
True. Mighty Rabbit and LRG even share offices and some staff has even crossed over to do work with LRG. Gun Media is a different company and some may not be aware of their hand on the Breach & Clear games, let alone even noticed the mention of Gun on the back of the game boxes. Whatever the case, it makes perfect sense that Gun Media would go with LRG for physical PS4 games. Also looking closer at Gun Media, before Friday the 13th, they had one game on their own that bombed and was even pulled from PSN because of how bad it was and the other two games were the B&C games which we all know that Mighty Rabbit would have gone under if not for LRG... so I wouldn't be surprised to find out Gun Media was in a similar spot to Mighty Rabbit and survived in part thanks to LRG publishing the B&C games.

Gun Media were the ones behind the Breach & Clear franchise... so it's not a huge surprise that they'd also use LRG to publish Friday the 13th. Being online only multiplayer (with a bot mode being tacked on soon for offline play)... I wonder if they'll bother doing a cover variant knowing how risky it might be after Lawbreakers.
Not sure what you're talking about in regard to Friday the 13th. It was already published and is widely available at retail as of last Friday. I believe all LRG is supposed to do is fulfillment of the Kickstarter physical rewards (the steelbook versions and any other physical goods that are owed to backers).

Friday the 13th The Game is also being distributed (the Kickstarter Steelbook Editions) by LRG from what I have heard. Not sure if anyone cares though lol.
We're only shipping out the rewards. We have zero involvement in the game or the rewards. It all just shows up here and we ship it out when we're given everything we need.

Friday the 13th is widely available at major retailers on PS4 and X1 as we speak and was published by Nighthawk Interactive at retail. We're not even behind any level of distribution for the game. We are literally just packing up rewards and shipping them out. Even then, we have to do it within the confines of their budget so if you're an international backer and end up owing customs fees, please direct complaints to Gun. Gun only collected $6 in shipping per package so prepaying customs is out of the question.

True. Mighty Rabbit and LRG even share offices and some staff has even crossed over to do work with LRG. Gun Media is a different company and some may not be aware of their hand on the Breach & Clear games, let alone even noticed the mention of Gun on the back of the game boxes. Whatever the case, it makes perfect sense that Gun Media would go with LRG for physical PS4 games. Also looking closer at Gun Media, before Friday the 13th, they had one game on their own that bombed and was even pulled from PSN because of how bad it was and the other two games were the B&C games which we all know that Mighty Rabbit would have gone under if not for LRG... so I wouldn't be surprised to find out Gun Media was in a similar spot to Mighty Rabbit and survived in part thanks to LRG publishing the B&C games.
Gun is investor backed. They've never been even close to the spot we were in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got an email from Signature Ed Games that they're gonna have Switch releases... that's gotta be a good sign for LRG trying to get Switch games out. 

Then again, NoE seems like a much more fan friendly company than NoA. 

We're only shipping out the rewards. We have zero involvement in the game or the rewards. It all just shows up here and we ship it out when we're given everything we need.

Friday the 13th is widely available at major retailers on PS4 and X1 as we speak and was published by Nighthawk Interactive at retail. We're not even behind any level of distribution for the game. We are literally just packing up rewards and shipping them out. Even then, we have to do it within the confines of their budget so if you're an international backer and end up owing customs fees, please direct complaints to Gun. Gun only collected $6 in shipping per package so prepaying customs is out of the question.
Yea I probably should have added more detail to my post. I heard you guys were just distributing (shipping) out the rewards.

Have you guys even received them yet by chance?

Just got an email from Signature Ed Games that they're gonna have Switch releases... that's gotta be a good sign for LRG trying to get Switch games out.

Then again, NoE seems like a much more fan friendly company than NoA.
Yeah, I just got the same email, and yeah, one company is dealing with EU, while the other is NoA. I know which one I would choose if given the option, as NoA stopped being worth a damn since Howard Lincoln left.

Yea I probably should have added more detail to my post. I heard you guys were just distributing (shipping) out the rewards.

Have you guys even received them yet by chance?
We have some of the stuff, but most of it is supposed to arrive over the course of next week barring any delays.. We're ready to ship out when we get everything and get the official go ahead.

Received my Lawbreakers CE today. Haven’t open it yet but good job on the packaging LRG. The box is definitely nice. Question, does your staff design the artwork or is it outsourced to a different company?

We have some of the stuff, but most of it is supposed to arrive over the course of next week barring any delays.. We're ready to ship out when we get everything and get the official go ahead.
Nice man

I know they are shipping the Steelbook with the game but the slip cover is coming at a later date. You know if these are gonna be shipped in boxes since they are pretty fragile?

Well, my Ys bundle should be arriving later today, which means it's been almost 2 months since I ordered. Hands down my longest wait for an order, not counting Skull Girls of course, as that was a preorder, and I knew that wasn't coming anytime soon to begin with. 

Not a big deal on the wait, as I'm never in a rush, but for those who normally are, hopefully with this slow period due to the ESRB issues, LRG will get organized and hopefully get back on track.

Well, my Ys bundle should be arriving later today, which means it's been almost 2 months since I ordered. Hands down my longest wait for an order, not counting Skull Girls of course, as that was a preorder, and I knew that wasn't coming anytime soon to begin with.

Not a big deal on the wait, as I'm never in a rush, but for those who normally are, hopefully with this slow period due to the ESRB issues, LRG will get organized and hopefully get back on track.
Ys was a preorder, too ;)

bread's done
Back