Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
True, but that only applies to the standard version, as the CE wasn't a preorder :shame:
Lol, I guess I was never 100% sure about that, since I stuck with the SE and the product page for the CE had the same late Sept/early Oct shipping estimate. Not that it matters anymore! The past couple months have left me with an Ys backlog, with Ys 8 also releasing and Memories of Celceta going on sale. It'll be fun to run through all of those, through.

Got my YS CE's in today. Wish the contents were secured inside the box and not able to slide around everywhere. Also, personally have never been a fan of CE's with box packaging that makes it impossible to differentiate from separate systems ever since I got the Rodea CE (Wii U/3DS). At least there's a sticker showing which one is a Vita release in this case I guess.

Nice man

I know they are shipping the Steelbook with the game but the slip cover is coming at a later date. You know if these are gonna be shipped in boxes since they are pretty fragile?
Depends on if they pay for boxes or bubble mailers. They've been presented with options. Boxes are a higher cost in general but also require more labor to assemble. We're not set to gain much here and are mainly doing this as a favor to Randy Greenback who has been a good friend of mine throughout my career. Unfortunately, we can't afford to ship in boxes if they don't want to assume the associated costs. IIRC, the slipcovers will actually ship with the games.

True, but that only applies to the standard version, as the CE wasn't a preorder :shame:
CE had the same shipping date notice on the product page. While it wasn't being manufactured to demand, it was still in manufacturing and we did make sure to note when it would ship on the game's page.

Depends on if they pay for boxes or bubble mailers. They've been presented with options. Boxes are a higher cost in general but also require more labor to assemble. We're not set to gain much here and are mainly doing this as a favor to Randy Greenback who has been a good friend of mine throughout my career. Unfortunately, we can't afford to ship in boxes if they don't want to assume the associated costs. IIRC, the slipcovers will actually ship with the games.
I hope they spring to have them shipped in boxes. Because that thing in a bubble mailer is gonna get busted to shit and getting a replacement is gonna be a pain in the ass lol.

Lol, I guess I was never 100% sure about that, since I stuck with the SE and the product page for the CE had the same late Sept/early Oct shipping estimate. Not that it matters anymore! The past couple months have left me with an Ys backlog, with Ys 8 also releasing and Memories of Celceta going on sale. It'll be fun to run through all of those, through.
Yeah, I have several Ys titles to play as well, but my back log probably goes back years VS. months. LOL

Got my YS CE's in today. Wish the contents were secured inside the box and not able to slide around everywhere. Also, personally have never been a fan of CE's with box packaging that makes it impossible to differentiate from separate systems ever since I got the Rodea CE (Wii U/3DS). At least there's a sticker showing which one is a Vita release in this case I guess.
Was anything damaged from moving around within the box? I heard some others mention the same wish, but I haven't heard that anything was damaged, so in the end, I guess it's OK? Buy yeah, I like the CE with proper inside alignments, that help keep everything in place. As that rattling around sound is never good to hear for anything within a box.

Lol seems like 2 companies who have no clue what the f is going on, when it comes to F13 lol
What do you mean? We know what's going on. We're doing exactly whatever we're paid to do here: ship things out within the budget our client sets. We don't have any kind of monetary stake in the game or Kickstarter whatsoever.

Yeah, I have several Ys titles to play as well, but my back log probably goes back years VS. months. LOL

Was anything damaged from moving around within the box? I heard some others mention the same wish, but I haven't heard that anything was damaged, so in the end, I guess it's OK? Buy yeah, I like the CE with proper inside alignments, that help keep everything in place. As that rattling around sound is never good to hear for anything within a box.
It's the art book and poster moving around underneath the game tray - there's not a ton of space for the artbook to move around in given it fills a good portion of the space, so no, nothing should ever be damaged.

We've created a fitted holder for future printed CE contents that will reside in the tray. Should resolve any concerns nicely. I don't really want to do what other companies do and release a wide range of differently sized CEs because that drives me crazy. Nothing hurts me more than looking at the CE side of my Vita shelf because there is 0 consistency. I have to relent to change the form factor for some CEs, but in general I just want to improve what we have here and just devise better ways to store contents with what we have.

I forsee tons of damaged goods
I just preemptively decided to set a per parcel price that defaults to boxes. If people are going to associate us with this, I don't want us being blamed for damaged goods. If they don't accept the price proposal we aren't going to do the fulfillment.

I just preemptively decided to set a per parcel price that defaults to boxes. If people are going to associate us with this, I don't want us being blamed for damaged goods. If they don't accept the price proposal we aren't going to do the fulfillment.
This is a good call for your company imho

Best decision I have seen you folks make in a while.

Best decision I have seen you folks make in a while.
Agreed, no reason to attach one's reputation to something that only serves to possibly bring it down, especially where your not 100% in control of what is happening. We all know any and all damages are going to be placed right at LRG door if they made the shipping choices or not. Better to just cross all T's, and dot the I's instead of dealing with the issues down the road.

Still no progress on my Ys/Asdivine order. Is anyone else in the same boat? My orders were combined, which I know puts me at the end of the queue, but I'd thought all orders from the Ys/Asdivine release were supposed to ship by Monday.

Still no progress on my Ys/Asdivine order. Is anyone else in the same boat? My orders were combined, which I know puts me at the end of the queue, but I'd thought all orders from the Ys/Asdivine release were supposed to ship by Monday.
I just received mines today. So yours might just be around the corner

Yeah same boat. The company prints labels and then with certain items it doesnt actually go out to the usps in the next few days.I've waited over a week or more to have the tracking update. I had an item where the tracking was from September 19 and never got updated well into October. I opened a ticket a few days ago and cs rep said to ignore the tracking info and new tracking info will be sent. It would have been nice to know this without having to contact them but long story short you're going to play the waiting game. The length of your wait may vary but don't be surprised by the wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
When are Chariot/Absolute Drift supposed to ship?  There was no mention of any delay in the product description of each so I assumed shipping would occur within a week.

I don't really want to do what other companies do and release a wide range of differently sized CEs because that drives me crazy. Nothing hurts me more than looking at the CE side of my Vita shelf because there is 0 consistency. I have to relent to change the form factor for some CEs, but in general I just want to improve what we have here and just devise better ways to store contents with what we have.
At this point, does it matter? You guys have already released a few CEs and they're all different sizes from what I've seen, at least DBCS, NT and WB are- not sure about LB which I skipped and YsO which I haven't received yet. And even if you guys did release everything that was a uniform size, every other company releases CEs in ungodly different sizes/shapes (no shade on Persona 5, but that CE is an stupidly tall).

But if you're talking strictly about having CE same size for one title across different platforms, I don't think anyone has a problem with that but you could at least distinguish it somehow for us sealed collectors (yeah, yeah, I know "omgz games are meant to be opened/loved/sexed!"). Ys VIII CE from NISA was the same exact packaging but the VIta version has a sticker indicating it's for portable consoles.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/1wsAAOSwh7tZuvil/s-l1600.jpg

At this point, does it matter? You guys have already released a few CEs and they're all different sizes from what I've seen, at least DBCS, NT and WB are- not sure about LB which I skipped and YsO which I haven't received yet. And even if you guys did release everything that was a uniform size, every other company releases CEs in ungodly different sizes/shapes (no shade on Persona 5, but that CE is an stupidly tall).

But if you're talking strictly about having CE same size for one title across different platforms, I don't think anyone has a problem with that but you could at least distinguish it somehow for us sealed collectors (yeah, yeah, I know "omgz games are meant to be opened/loved/sexed!"). Ys VIII CE from NISA was the same exact packaging but the VIta version has a sticker indicating it's for portable consoles.
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/1wsAAOSwh7tZuvil/s-l1600.jpg
DBCS form factor had to match the Japanese one by mandate. Wonder Boy, Ys, LawBreakers, Silver Case, and Night Trap PC all share the exact same dimensions. I know that plenty of Vita CEs come in stupid sizes and that's what I want to avoid where possible. I want to stick to a uniform size as often as I can. I made the decision with Night Trap PS4 to mimic the proportions of the red box SCD release - that's why that one strays. Windjammers' CE box is huge but that's unavoidable due to the contents.

We have a few upcoming CEs that will be our default size. I'd rather come up with ways to better secure printed contents and continue utilizing the form factor we've been using than move to a smaller box and risk having to frequently shift CE sizes to fit new components.

Sounds like a plan

Yeah same boat. The company prints labels and then with certain items it doesnt actually go out to the usps in the next few days.I've waited over a week or more to have the tracking update. I had an item where the tracking was from September 19 and never got updated well into October. I opened a ticket a few days ago and cs rep said to ignore the tracking info and new tracking info will be sent. It would have been nice to know this without having to contact them but long story short you're going to play the waiting game. The length of your wait may vary but don't be surprised by the wait.
Right, and they did communicate that there would be a delay in advance, so I'm perfectly okay with that. This is the only reason I'm worried:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/916409058533494784

(In case the tweet doesn't load: "Just a heads up, all open orders should ship by the 13th or 15th. We've got 20,000 orders to ship, so please bear with us.")

The 15th has come and gone, and USPS still doesn't have the package in their system.

(In case the tweet doesn't load: "Just a heads up, all open orders should ship by the 13th or 15th. We've got 20,000 orders to ship, so please bear with us.")

The 15th has come and gone, and USPS still doesn't have the package in their system.
Well, that's assuming an estimate of shipping 20,000 items is accurate. I would think one for a few thousand would be pretty close, but 20,000? I can't begin to imagine how long that would take, and what issues may arise during the process.

Of course if that date was past, an update should have been given, but we all know, that rarely if ever happens(and of course there is no set place to look for up to date info). I'm pretty sure "the bear with us" comment means, we get there, when we get there. LOL

Well, that's assuming an estimate of shipping 20,000 items is accurate. I would think one for a few thousand would be pretty close, but 20,000? I can't begin to imagine how long that would take, and what issues may arise during the process.

Of course if that date was past, an update should have been given, but we all know, that rarely if ever happens(and of course there is no set place to look for up to date info). I'm pretty sure "the bear with us" comment means, we get there, when we get there. LOL
Logistics are kind of a nightmare for any company. Unless it's Amazon-level autonomous, it's a huge time/money sink. I don't envy their jobs there. Even with Amazon, a mega-corporation who mostly has their stuff together, shipping is a huge cost (both monetarily and temporally) internally. That's why they're looking at things like drones and Flex.

As for dates, it would be nice to know, but at the same time I understand the hesitation to give dates. If you maintain radio silence and deliver it eventually, you get a lot fewer issues than if you promise a date and miss it (Skullgirls is a great example of this, and is probably a large contributing factor to their strategy). I imagine that, as they mature the company, things like project management and overall planning will get better. It's hard to hold a two year old company to the same standard as Amazon/BestBuy/etc.For the time being, I'm just glad Josh/Doug are fairly engaged with their customers and are willing to chime in when something large enough comes up.

I'm just missing my most recent order. I got my tracking over 5 days ago with no update lol.

It's whatever. I just expect it now. I complain about ups innovations every time but I seem to be the only one who hates it.

Logistics are kind of a nightmare for any company. Unless it's Amazon-level autonomous, it's a huge time/money sink. I don't envy their jobs there. Even with Amazon, a mega-corporation who mostly has their stuff together, shipping is a huge cost (both monetarily and temporally) internally. That's why they're looking at things like drones and Flex.

As for dates, it would be nice to know, but at the same time I understand the hesitation to give dates. If you maintain radio silence and deliver it eventually, you get a lot fewer issues than if you promise a date and miss it (Skullgirls is a great example of this, and is probably a large contributing factor to their strategy). I imagine that, as they mature the company, things like project management and overall planning will get better. It's hard to hold a two year old company to the same standard as Amazon/BestBuy/etc.For the time being, I'm just glad Josh/Doug are fairly engaged with their customers and are willing to chime in when something large enough comes up.
For sure, I would never give a date past the first one given. But if a date is past, saying your half way thru, or a 3rd of the orders have shipped is an acceptable reply, as it lets consumers know where you are, with out committing to anything that may cause an issue in regards to a "date".

I ship tons of packages myself, and my own estimates can be off more often than not, but I'm dealing in hours vs days(or weeks). So I more than understand how and why their estimates can be off.

I still think a list of maybe the past 10 releases, with a status bar from red to green(red being 1-50% completed, and green being 51-100%), could be updated at the end of each day and show where each order is in the process would save tons of emails, but I guess something like that if not updated, would just be more issues, so who knows?

I'm just missing my most recent order. I got my tracking over 5 days ago with no update lol.

It's whatever. I just expect it now. I complain about ups innovations every time but I seem to be the only one who hates it.
I think I figured out POSSIBLY what is afoot with the Tracking info.

If you click the link in emails for tracking or even go to the store and log in and look at the tracking number, it's screwed up. Mine, on my last order, actually has a #' before the number. The ' mark, I think, throws off whatever they are using to generate the link. The actual link for tracking just goes to the generic tracking page.

SO, go hit the store, log in, look at you order, copy everything after the ' mark for the tracking number... click the link for tracking, then use the box on that page to paste in the tracking number to get the real tracking.

I thought maybe it was just they were putting fake tracking numbers on orders to make it look like stuff was happening, now it just looks like someone failed at basic website coding.

Right, and they did communicate that there would be a delay in advance, so I'm perfectly okay with that. This is the only reason I'm worried:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/916409058533494784

I just got notified about shipping a day ago. Still hasn't been shipped. But I was definitely notified after the 15th.

I just got notified about shipping a day ago. Still hasn't been shipped. But I was definitely notified after the 15th.
FWIW the tweet didn’t specify a month or even a year so it could be the 15th of December 2149 for all we know.

You’re merely making the reasonable inference that they were referring to this month.

Yeah, I got 4 different shipping notices but nothings been picked up by UPS or USPS yet. Not a huge deal for me but I just hate not knowing when my packages will actually come since I'll be out of town most of next week.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/921386255962791936

I really hope a new trophy list can be added to this. :pray:

Just for a point of reference, my Ys CE bundle had it's label created on October 9th, and USPS didn't take possession until the 17th. And it arrived yesterday with no condition issues, or missing items, so all is good.

Dude, La Mulana is a pretty awesome choice! That's definitely one of those Steam, indie darlings that totally deserves, but would never get a physical release, without LRG.

Nex Machina looks insanely good, but I don't have a PS4, so I'll pass on that one. I'm hoping Resogun will make an appearance after this sells well, as then I can get it for the Vita.

La Mulana is on sale for five bucks on Steam right now.

People that were thinking of spending $30 shipped on a copy might want to check it out there first.
It was also in a $1 tier on humble bundle so if you buy from them often you probably already have it. Maybe I'll finally try it out. Does anyone know if the LRG release will have a manual?

That Nex Machina box art is amazing. Gotta be easily the best box art of a LRG release yet.

La Mulana is a great game, but it is not for everyone. It's basically a harder version of Spelunky, and Spelunky is pretty difficult.

Oh snap:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/921403003168534530

Golf Story. LRG, make it happen.

GOLF STORY :whee:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/921394370489790464
This is a fantastic game but an easy skip for me. I preordered the digital version and don't need a physical copy.

Great game though for people who actually open games and play them. ;)

Well there is already a bunch of Switch shovelware on the horizon.   No reason that LRG shouldn't be able to get in on the action and release some actual decent games. 

bread's done
Back