Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
English version of VA-11 HALL-A around the same time as Japanese version, and there will be a CE.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/922313748903325696

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/922317800210882561
ucRwRto.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they boxart for VA11 HA11A is this one

9ecd80a27edae3834be75fa49882dfcd20e1ff46.jpeg

This one appears to be the boxart JPN is using now.

GAME-0018789.jpg

Just received my first order of Caladrius Blaze and The Flame in the Flood.  Both arrived in perfect condition inside of their box.  I love that the box isn't flimsy either....compact and sturdy as hell. My other two orders are on the way as well. 

Thanks LRG, can't wait for the November batches!

Hoefully not, as Windjammers is due then as well, which also has a CE incoming. I really don't look forward to that a month before the holidays.
The only date for November will be November 24th, unless they plan on having a third LRG release week, which is unlikely.

November is going to be a bad month in general.

Same time as the JPN release puts it in November (according to amiami), unless the JPN release gets delayed to December. Windjammers could also be delayed to December as well.

The only date for November will be November 24th, unless they plan on having a third LRG release week, which is unlikely.

November is going to be a bad month in general.

Same time as the JPN release puts it in November (according to amiami), unless the JPN release gets delayed to December. Windjammers could also be delayed to December as well.
I think they got burned badly by doing a sale on Black Friday last year. I would hope they wouldn't do that again given how many gamers participate in shopping that day.

I think they got burned badly by doing a sale on Black Friday last year. I would hope they wouldn't do that again given how many gamers participate in shopping that day.
Yeah, If I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure Josh stated at some point they wouldn't be doing anymore offerings on BF again. Due to the issues from last year.

Only title they had on sale for the 25th last year was Stealth Inc plus the Blind Boxes. As far as I remember, it lasted a day or two? Which is pretty much normal nowadays? Their stock only lasted the weekend so far, and not the 1-2 week mark. Now that is when they should be worried.

They should've done it on the 3rd so the second wave of releases could be on the 17th and not be burdened by Black Friday week imo.

my shipment of caladrius blaze and flame in the flood has yet to be updated. its stuck on shipment information received since the 15th its now the 24th. Has anyone have the same problem? IDK whats going on, i wanna play me some caladrius blaze for crying out loud. SRG shipment is faster then LRG

my shipment of caladrius blaze and flame in the flood has yet to be updated. its stuck on shipment information received since the 15th its now the 24th. Has anyone have the same problem? IDK whats going on, i wanna play me some caladrius blaze for crying out loud. SRG shipment is faster then LRG
Same situation, but with 2x Caladrius. I'm not in a rush though.

Thousands of orders were picked up yesterday so you may not see immediate updates in tracking or status. We're halfway through finishing up Absolute Drift and Chariot, and a lot of Skullgirls PS4 is pre-rolled. Once AD and Chariot are wrapped late tomorrow or Thursday. Skullgirls will start flying out the door. When we've tied that stuff up, we'll do a pass through the system and try to mop up any remaining unfulfilled orders.

Once Skullgirls PS4 wraps, we'll have shipped out about 40,000 orders in four weeks. That's incredible for a five person shipping team with no automation.

Still have not received my Ys collector's PS4 and my shipping label was created on Oct 5th. Anyone else still waiting on theirs too?

Sweet my shipment was finally transferred to ups mail innovation. Scheduled delivery is the 28th yay. Now just waiting on AD and chariot to be shipped.

Still have not received my Ys collector's PS4 and my shipping label was created on Oct 5th. Anyone else still waiting on theirs too?
Same, except my label was generated on Sept 19 and is for both Ys collectors and 2 Asdivine. I've been patient, now I'm pissed. Josh replies on twitter that it's almost done...weeks pass. Open a ticket, excuses, a week passes, nothing. It's all available at ebay for close to retail. I feel like I'm being jerked around because I bought the collectors editions and had too large of an order or something. I'm about ready to just dispute it with paypal and move on.

The part that really is upsetting is that other orders for newer sales keep going out. In the same time I've gotten other sales from LRG shipped and received. Ys orders should have been prioritized and finished before subsequent sales shipped.

Same, except my label was generated on Sept 19 and is for both Ys collectors and 2 Asdivine. I've been patient, now I'm pissed. Josh replies on twitter that it's almost done...weeks pass. Open a ticket, excuses, a week passes, nothing. It's all available at ebay for close to retail. I feel like I'm being jerked around because I bought the collectors editions and had too large of an order or something. I'm about ready to just dispute it with paypal and move on
Thanks for the info.

Same, except my label was generated on Sept 19 and is for both Ys collectors and 2 Asdivine. I've been patient, now I'm pissed. Josh replies on twitter that it's almost done...weeks pass. Open a ticket, excuses, a week passes, nothing. It's all available at ebay for close to retail. I feel like I'm being jerked around because I bought the collectors editions and had too large of an order or something. I'm about ready to just dispute it with paypal and move on
I feel the same with my lawbreakers collectors edition. If u msg them on fb messenger they shall reply and assist u with the same.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I just finally had mine ship a day or two ago, label was created at the same time.
Supposed to arrive today.
I think it's actually worse that they did the labels, because you had to check back constantly to see if any change was ever made.

Same for me, tracking number made on the exact same date. I opened a support ticket earlier today, but I'm not expecting anything more substansive than "we're still working on it" as a response. At least it's comforting to know that I'm not the only one in this boat.

We preprint labels because the process of printing them is very time-consuming - it was clearly a huge mistake to do it here as the CEs ended up taking way longer to pack than we ever could have guessed. All Ys Orders, save for about 150, left our office on Monday around 4PM. At this point, we don't have any control over when tracking will update. I've seen this happen quite frequently where the tracking doesn't even update until the day the package goes out for delivery.

If you are one of the 150 orders that haven't shipped, you should receive an email from Sarah with details. We're giving people affected free stuff to make up for the delay. Additionally, the orders fulfilled at the end have a much higher rate of gold trading cards. If you don't receive an email, you're not affected - your tracking will just take some time to update but I can assure you the stuff is all out.

We're wrapping up Absolute Drift and Chariot right now while a small side-group has been packing Skullgirls. We'll start printing some of the Skullgirls labels before the week is up, but shipments for that will take through next week to all go out.

I've seen one person say they're still waiting on Night Trap - there's literally just 6 FMV Friday orders that haven't shipped. We're waiting on the T-Shirts as some shipping errors left us with a 6 shirt deficit on XL size. If you're Night Trap order hasn't shipped and is anything but an FMV Friday bundle - that's not right and you should contact support. You may have paid with an eCheck, which has a delay in processing and often causes things to be left off the shipping manifest. Whatever the case, your order should definitely be out - unless you are one of the 6 FMV Friday bundles affected. We've reached out to those folks through email, though, so they should know who they are.

If you are one of the 150 orders that haven't shipped, you should receive an email from Sarah with details. We're giving people affected free stuff to make up for the delay. Additionally, the orders fulfilled at the end have a much higher rate of gold trading cards. If you don't receive an email, you're not affected - your tracking will just take some time to update but I can assure you the stuff is all out.
Thank you. I know I can personally sound like an ass, especially when I'm frustrated, but this is the kind of response that means something. Actual details instead of empty comments like 'we're working on it.' 'We're working on it is ok for a few days.' Weeks later it's nice to have a little more specifics.

Checking a tracking number daily for, what 36 days now, takes a toll on a persons patience. I do appreciate that you take the time to reply, please keep that up.

Guess that explains why I received 4 cards (1 being gold) with my Ys CE and Asdivine Hearts order
Yeah, it tends to work out like this towards the end of shipping a run. We squirrel away gold cards and play it conservative at the start, but when we get to the end we get much more generous with them because we have a better idea of what we have left versus remaining orders.

How does that impact getting one of each cover?  For people who ordered two, getting one of each cover instead of being stuck with duplicate leftovers is probably more important than free stuff.

I was waiting on about 9 games to be shipped and they all arrived in the last week or so in perfect shape. I now have no outstanding orders and am very pleased with LRG. I dont mind the wait as I know the circumstances and have a tremendous backlog anyways. Now to order more games in two weeks...... lol

Same, except my label was generated on Sept 19 and is for both Ys collectors and 2 Asdivine. I've been patient, now I'm pissed. Josh replies on twitter that it's almost done...weeks pass. Open a ticket, excuses, a week passes, nothing. It's all available at ebay for close to retail. I feel like I'm being jerked around because I bought the collectors editions and had too large of an order or something. I'm about ready to just dispute it with paypal and move on.

The part that really is upsetting is that other orders for newer sales keep going out. In the same time I've gotten other sales from LRG shipped and received. Ys orders should have been prioritized and finished before subsequent sales shipped.
I am in the same boat as you and i wanted to say thank you for posting to let me know i am not alone. it really sucks that i have to look at a different site to find out information on a order i place from a company. i love what LRG does for us physical collectors but i hate the way they do shipping now. At the start they always had games out the door before the next one got put up for sale but now its like a big guessing game and if you try to ask here the fan boys really rip on the members for just trying to figure out whats up with an order. I work hard for what little extra money i have now a days and a little bit of information goes a long ways with me.

P.S. thank you Doomstink for the replay you gave here also. it helps us fellow game geekers out alot.

So Rabi Ribi is getting released on the 31st, so the LRG release shouldnt be too far.

Also, theyll be having some news in regards to their other ports around PSX. But knowing Sekai, itll likely be some lame passing remarks ("we still working on it but we got a kickstarter for you")

So I take it if even if I could pay shipping I couldn't get a replacement cover for Dear Esther?
I didn't even know it was an issue until recently, didn't hear anything about it until today actually. XD
Thought it'd be worth asking on here at least, but don't wanna open a ticket just to ask.

We preprint labels because the process of printing them is very time-consuming - it was clearly a huge mistake to do it here as the CEs ended up taking way longer to pack than we ever could have guessed. All Ys Orders, save for about 150, left our office on Monday around 4PM. At this point, we don't have any control over when tracking will update. I've seen this happen quite frequently where the tracking doesn't even update until the day the package goes out for delivery.

We're wrapping up Absolute Drift and Chariot right now while a small side-group has been packing Skullgirls. We'll start printing some of the Skullgirls labels before the week is up, but shipments for that will take through next week to all go out.

I've seen one person say they're still waiting on Night Trap - there's literally just 6 FMV Friday orders that haven't shipped. We're waiting on the T-Shirts as some shipping errors left us with a 6 shirt deficit on XL size. If you're Night Trap order hasn't shipped and is anything but an FMV Friday bundle - that's not right and you should contact support. You may have paid with an eCheck, which has a delay in processing and often causes things to be left off the shipping manifest. Whatever the case, your order should definitely be out - unless you are one of the 6 FMV Friday bundles affected. We've reached out to those folks through email, though, so they should know who they are.
I'm one of the people with the Oct 5 non-updating tracking numbers for Ys CE PS4. I didn't get the email for the 150 people from Sarah and customer support seems to be completely lost about where my order even is.

What's going on?

So I take it if even if I could pay shipping I couldn't get a replacement cover for Dear Esther?
I didn't even know it was an issue until recently, didn't hear anything about it until today actually. XD
Thought it'd be worth asking on here at least, but don't wanna open a ticket just to ask.
The last I saw posted here, Josh said go ahead and open a ticket, for anyone who didn't get the cover, and he would work something out. So while many did know about it(as many put in a request early on), it appears that many did not. And many who did know, never heard back, and didn't get one.

There is a limited amount, so it's a first come first served type deal. And since this is really a second offering, after the window was originally closed, no telling how long they may or may not be offered again.

So unless Josh changed his mind over the last day, and I just didn't see it, you should be able to open a ticket.

I'm one of the people with the Oct 5 non-updating tracking numbers for Ys CE PS4. I didn't get the email for the 150 people from Sarah and customer support seems to be completely lost about where my order even is.

What's going on?
You either have a combined order - which have not been sent out (they always go out last due to the manual nature of tracking them), or nothing is wrong and the carrier just needs to finally scan and update your tracking. The non-updating tracking isn't cause for concern. We preprinted all the labels across a few days to save time during packing.

I just read on twitter that there is a 1.3GB patch for the physical version of Y's Origin on vita from Limited Run.

I haven't had a chance to play my copy yet but does anyone know what this patch is for? This is a large patch.

Also what is the point of these Limited Run Games if they don't include the patches on the cart.

I am buying these games to support the vita but also save space on my memory card.

I thought the idea was to give us the final finished version on cart or disc.

Also what is the point of these Limited Run Games if they don't include the patches on the cart.

I am buying these games to support the vita but also save space on my memory card.

They try to do that in all cases, but it's just not possible each time. I'm not sure what this specific patch is for, but those carts have a limited amount of space, and depending on how much it takes up, that might be why it wasn't included.

So yes, most patches are on the cart, but there are a few that aren't. It's an "imperfect" world, what you gonna do?

They try to do that in all cases, but it's just not possible each time. I'm not sure what this specific patch is for, but those carts have a limited amount of space, and depending on how much it takes up, that might be why it wasn't included.

So yes, most patches are on the cart, but there are a few that aren't. It's an "imperfect" world, what you gonna do?
The digital version of the game was 1.2GB with the this patch the game is 2.7GB from what I have read. That would fit fine on the vita cart. I would like to know why this was not considered when the game was a preorder and we all had to wait for it to arrive.

I love what these guys are doing but this is not the business model they talked about when they started.

So why wasn't this large patch included on the physical release? They need to tell their customers about patches not being included and the reasons behind it. I really dislike that I find out about this from other sources than the company that released the physical version of the game.

I just read on twitter that there is a 1.3GB patch for the physical version of Y's Origin on vita from Limited Run.

I haven't had a chance to play my copy yet but does anyone know what this patch is for? This is a large patch.

This has been a problem with a few of their 2017 releases, and needs to be looked at in the future.

If patches are missing, that information must be shared before the games go on sale. Dariusburst on Vita has a big patch to download, but that didn't come out until after it was already sold.

The digital version of the game was 1.2GB with the this patch the game is 2.7GB from what I have read. That would fit fine on the vita cart. I would like to know why this was not considered when the game was a preorder and we all had to wait for it to arrive.

I love what these guys are doing but this is not the business model they talked about when they started.

So why wasn't this large patch included on the physical release? They need to tell their customers about patches not being included and the reasons behind it. I really dislike that I find out about this from other sources than the company that released the physical version of the game.
Google is your friend:

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/900469488243658752

Because it would be considered by Sony to be a new product and would have to be tested and recertified again, delaying the game even further.

LRG never said ALL the games would be the final finished version. They would like it to be final and would try for it. But sometimes, you can't do it.

Because it would be considered by Sony to be a new product and would have to be tested and recertified again, delaying the game even further.

LRG never said ALL the games would be the final finished version. They would like it to be final and would try for it. But sometimes, you can't do it.
Yeah, it's been very few releases that they haven't included everything on the cart. And for all the digital games I've actually been able to delete because of LRG physical offerings, it's allowed me room for these types of patches. So I'm more than grateful for that.

EDIT: BTW Josh, any info you can give on the CE coming next month? I'm trying to figure out my budget, so knowing what's included in each one, would be great. So I know if I want to get them or not, and of course pricing would be good as well.

I would rather they test and recertified the game than have an incomplete physical copy.

The game was sold as a pre-order I could have waited longer for the complete vita version.

I find it funny that one sentence on Twitter is justification for you. Some people don't use twitter or social media.

Put this information on the product page of the game.

I am usually very supportive of Limited Run but this situation is annoying. I wanted to vent my frustrations with this practice. I don't want this to become a normal thing. I am buying these game to play them. I am not the collector who never opens these games and keeps them on a shelf.

I'm still waiting for my vita copy of Skull Girls and I will be happy that I received the final completed and tested version of the game when it arrives. Sometimes I think you guys are too loyal to a fault but whatever I have said my piece. I'm done.

Or people can just stop abusing the ability to patch like mad. How many games get patched just to nerf shit that doesn't matter? BotW for example, was it really necessary to patch out arrow farming? It's a single player non competitive game, what was the point of that? Back in the day these would be "secrets" published in tips and tricks magazines that were awesome to learn about. Now everybody is patch and nerf happy. People need to stop mistaking quality of life reductions like farming methods as "more challenging".

Just FYI, you can just not download the patch. I've asked DotEmu and the patch just fixes language options. The problem is that the patch isn't what is called a "Delta Patch" - a delta patch only contains the elements that were fixed and is usually pretty small but some engines do not properly support the creation of delta patches, so patches created for those games end up being huge unecessarily.

If you opt not to download the patch, you're literally missing nothing and your experience won't be worse for it.

The unfortunate thing is that Sony provides no path to include a patch on a Vita cart. Rebuilding the game isn't up to us, it's up to the client, and it's a process that can take months and months - or more than a year in Skullgirls' case - and it is completely nebulous in terms of approval time. Skullgirls Vita is a full rebuild - we're still trying to get it through cert because Sony is failing it for stupid things that are present in the digital version (for instance, a copyright symbol in the digital manual being "illegible"). Opting for a rebuild is a huge risk that many developers/publishers can't afford to take. It can literally be the difference between getting a physical release or getting none if we put our foot down on the issue. I've said my piece on this in the past - I feel like any physical release is better than none. I strive for an archive worthy game at every juncture, but sometimes it just isn't possible.

Some people are bringing up that the Asian release has no patch and that's because the existing patch isn't relevant for the Asian release. It doesn't exist because the issues it fixes aren't relevant. If you put our unpatched release side-by-side with the Asian release, there is no discernible difference in performance or gameplay. Just literally don't download the patch and you'll have the same experience as the Asian release.

Some of our partners are more inclined to waiting - Sekai Project, for instance, had the option to release a broken build of Rabi-Ribi (the build that was used for the PAL release) - instead, they delayed the game several months to make sure the critical issues were fixed and present on the physical release. Even knowing this, people are giving us flack for being delayed and some even think we somehow forced PQube to release a broken build. I didn't have any say in that.

Just FYI, you can just not download the patch. I've asked DotEmu and the patch just fixes language options. The problem is that the patch isn't what is called a "Delta Patch" - a delta patch only contains the elements that were fixed and is usually pretty small but some engines do not properly support the creation of delta patches, so patches created for those games end up being huge unecessarily.

If you opt not to download the patch, you're literally missing nothing and your experience won't be worse for it.

The unfortunate thing is that Sony provides no path to include a patch on a Vita cart. Rebuilding the game isn't up to us, it's up to the client, and it's a process that can take months and months - or more than a year in Skullgirls' case - and it is completely nebulous in terms of approval time. Skullgirls Vita is a full rebuild - we're still trying to get it through cert because Sony is failing it for stupid things that are present in the digital version (for instance, a copyright symbol in the digital manual being "illegible"). Opting for a rebuild is a huge risk that many developers/publishers can't afford to take. It can literally be the difference between getting a physical release or getting none if we put our foot down on the issue. I've said my piece on this in the past - I feel like any physical release is better than none. I strive for an archive worthy game at every juncture, but sometimes it just isn't possible.

Some people are bringing up that the Asian release has no patch and that's because the existing patch isn't relevant for the Asian release. It doesn't exist because the issues it fixes aren't relevant. If you put our unpatched release side-by-side with the Asian release, there is no discernible difference in performance or gameplay. Just literally don't download the patch and you'll have the same experience as the Asian release.

Some of our partners are more inclined to waiting - Sekai Project, for instance, had the option to release a broken build of Rabi-Ribi (the build that was used for the PAL release) - instead, they delayed the game several months to make sure the critical issues were fixed and present on the physical release. Even knowing this, people are giving us flack for being delayed and some even think we somehow forced PQube to release a broken build. I didn't have any say in that.
Thank you for responding to my concerns and giving me some details about the patch. This is very useful information.

I also think this is very helpful coming from the source and makes me feel better about my purchase. One of the reasons I enjoy buying games from Limited Run is how they respond to the community. Thanks again.

bread's done
Back