Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
FWIW I should have had like 3 or 4 packages at my house yesterday and usps is really doing bad the last few weeks. I hope this isn't indicative of the entire holiday season because this is already obnoxious.

FWIW I should have had like 3 or 4 packages at my house yesterday and usps is really doing bad the last few weeks. I hope this isn't indicative of the entire holiday season because this is already obnoxious.
Sadly, all the new holiday help is hitting facilities around the country. So yeah, it's gonna be worse before it gets any better. I had my sons Mario Odyssey go MIA last Friday, as it went to another route, instead of mine. Now instead of the postal carrier putting it was wrong routed in the system, he put "no access" to home instead.

So I contacted Amazon to complain, and while I knew they weren't exactly at fault, them hiring USPS to deliver was, so I was OK with it. LOL Anyway, I ended up with a $10 credit, which I was fine with. But then another CS rep decided it was lost or missing after I wrote back to explain what had probably happened, and I was happy to wait until Monday before looking for a replacement. So he sent another one ASAP, even though I told them I would wait.

So for my troubles, I got a $10 credit, and a free copy Of Mario O. So while the holidays can be a pain dealing with holiday help, that can turn in to some good "Christmas Bonuses" as well. LOL

So I guess the cover art for Dear Esther is just still open if you made a claim prior, just got denied saying the window had ended and nothing else.
A shame, never heard a thing about it on here till recently.
Same thing happened with me. I'm also missing some rewards tickets on past orders but was told there's nothing they could do since the order was past 30 days.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

We're still working on shipping out orders that are just the PS4 version. Split order requests will be shipped after we've fulfilled all other PS4 orders since they're tracked and fulfilled entirely manually.
Cool, thanks. Appreciate the detailed info as always.

Same thing happened with me. I'm also missing some rewards tickets on past orders but was told there's nothing they could do since the order was past 30 days.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
That doesn't make any sense, I'll talk to support. With the way we're handling missing tickets now, the length of time passed since you ordered is somewhat irrelevant - unless we're talking about several months ago and not just an August or September order.

Last edited by a moderator:
That doesn't make any sense, I'll talk to support. With the way we're handling missing tickets now, the length of time passed since you ordered is somewhat irrelevant - unless we're talking about several months ago and not just an August or September order.
Any idea on when this order will ship?

wordup.jpg

If only you guys knew the reason that Skullgirls Vita was held up right now - it'd so easily illustrate the difficulty of submitting through certification with a platform holder. Easily the most ridiculous cert fail I've ever seen. I'm beyond furious the game is being held from manufacturing for this. It's literally one, completely silly, thing that is holding back approval.

If only you guys knew the reason that Skullgirls Vita was held up right now - it'd so easily illustrate the difficulty of submitting through certification with a platform holder. Easily the most ridiculous cert fail I've ever seen. I'm beyond furious the game is being held from manufacturing for this. It's literally one, completely silly, thing that is holding back approval.
What's the reason?

What's the reason?
It requires an image to illustrate and I'm not sure if I can share anything provided by Sony's certification team. Basically, a Skullgirls lobby will display the username of the person who opened it - if that user name is comprised of 16 W and M characters, it's apparently illegible, but I can clearly read the username in the provided screenshot. It's an unlikely scenario to begin with, but the fact that the username isn't completely illegible is the tipping point for me. I want to release this thing so bad, but we're held up on minutiae.

Bear in mind, what is present in our build is better than what is in the approved digital release. Resubmissions can fail for things that are present in approved builds. It's nuts!

It requires an image to illustrate and I'm not sure if I can share anything provided by Sony's certification team. Basically, a Skullgirls lobby will display the username of the person who opened it - if that user name is comprised of 16 W and M characters, it's apparently illegible, but I can clearly read the username in the provided screenshot. It's an unlikely scenario to begin with, but the fact that the username isn't completely illegible is the tipping point for me. I want to release this thing so bad, but we're held up on minutiae.

Bear in mind, what is present in our build is better than what is in the approved digital release. Resubmissions can fail for things that are present in approved builds. It's nuts!
I'm not sure I totally understand but that sucks, hopefully it will be fixed soon. How many copies of skullgirs is there gonna be for vita? Is there going to be a regular sale? I was not around when pre-orders were open for it.

I'm not sure I totally understand but that sucks, hopefully it will be fixed soon. How many copies of skullgirs is there gonna be for vita? Is there going to be a regular sale? I was not around when pre-orders were open for it.
Around 3,700 we're pre-sold, I think. We're pressing a little bit more than that since we need to have replacements handy. We'll sell the leftovers in January most likely, since I fully expect to have this manufactured and shipped by December.

Sounds like city/state inspections, and other forms of city or government approval. Years ago our water heater went kaput, so I called our service company to get it replaced. So on top of an already expensive WH, I was told the city had to inspect it, and since the business was licensed, they had no choice.

That was $300 off the top, and this old bastard came out and said something wasn't correct, and failed us. A few days later, a different guy came out, who said everything was perfect, and passed us. Needless to say, the next one I'll be replacing myself, and fuck paying the city to do jack ****!

So I guess, depending on who is handling the submissions on the other end, it could all be who you get. And what they may, or may not have a problem with. I used to work construction as well, and the same thing happened there weekly. One inspector would pass certain things, while the same work got failed by a different inspector. It's all one big scam if you ask me, but whatever.

If not every character in a font is the same, fixed width typically 'W' and 'M' take up the most space (I think) to display, so you can stress a UI by using them exclusively. Someone having a max length name with only capital W's and M's is definitely an edge case, though.

fff

See the difference? Both are three characters, but the W's stretch out way more across the screen.

I guess before they cancelled it, they should have asked the fan base if they were willing to pay more, due to the ESRB? But I guess with their past track record, that may not have sat well with many, so cancelling was probably the best option.

I would gladly pay more for a game I was interested in, especially if forced cost was an issue in the production. The same way I would support a crowdfunding situation based on what is being offered, and where the funds will be going. But I guess in situations like that, your reputation needs to be good, and I really don't see that here. So I guess options where limited.

Super hype for Organ Trail! What a perfect day to announce it :D

I love Oregan Trail, and this game just seems like a brilliant spin-off. Can't wait to play it.

Super hype for Organ Trail! What a perfect day to announce it :D

I love Oregan Trail, and this game just seems like a brilliant spin-off. Can't wait to play it.
Back when Amazon had their Free App of the Day they gave away Organ Trail, but I read the title so fast I got excited and thought it was Oregon Trail. Naturally, after downloading and starting the app, I was severely disappointed.

Got my shipping confirmation for Skullgirls.

Also, I asked CS to split my order if that helps.
I got it, too - I must've ordered a shipping box (back when they were $5) even though I think they were being shipped in a box anyway. It's been so long, I don't remember. That was pretty dumb of me if I did that.

If you missed out on the LRG version, Nicalis is publishing retail versions of Wonder Boy on PS4 and Switch.

https://twitter.com/nicalis/status/925772928947326977

If you missed out on the LRG version, Nicalis is publishing retail versions of Wonder Boy on PS4 and Switch.
Awesome news, as I was gonna grab the NS version from PA after Josh said LRG had no plans. I actually just hadn't gotten around to it yet, so good to see this kind of news before hand for once.

So LRG support may or may not have lost the replacement slipcover for the Lili LE they were supposed to put in with one of my other outgoing packages.  Apparently (according to LRG support) they only had a single slipcover for replacements so my only option is to wait and see what happens.

I thought Josh had said they had a bunch of damaged slipcover issues but I guess I was literally the only person to have one get messed up.

bread's done
Back